PDA

View Full Version : 2012.....

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Seventhzealot
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
Its my busiest week yet of this semester and there's an avalanche of releases. Perfect :tp:

Crionics
03-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Its my busiest week yet of this semester and there's an avalanche of releases. Perfect :tp:

I feel your pain. I'm sooooo behind.

dcmetal108
03-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Listening to the new Meshuggah and it's pretty good and DL'ing the new Overkill and Ministry.

hellawaits77ny
03-19-2012, 07:41 PM
I feel your pain. I'm sooooo behind.

Rght there w/ both o' ya's. I wonder how so many people have so much time to listen to music (not knocking anyone - just thinking "aloud"). I wish I did.

Seventhzealot
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Rght there w/ both o' ya's. I wonder how so many people have so much time to listen to music (not knocking anyone - just thinking "aloud"). I wish I did.

Yep, I'm usually still gleaning more releases from the past unless there is something which I'm REALLY looking forward to. Then again if something new which is worth hearing comes out, I'll get to it eventually ;)

Nater
03-19-2012, 08:18 PM
It's killing me that I can't bring myself to listen to Overkill till I buy it in a couple weeks

jd091
03-19-2012, 08:34 PM
I showed my one friend the new Cattle Decap, who isn't a metal fan at all... and he legitimately loves it. :lol: :fist:

Seventhzealot
03-19-2012, 08:44 PM
I showed my one friend the new Cattle Decap, who isn't a metal fan at all... and he legitimately loves it. :lol: :fist:

That usually works with prog metal for me but :rocker:

MPF
03-20-2012, 01:24 AM
I'm sure I will be let down, but I got a promo for the new Shinedown.

Like every album 2-3 good songs, and the rest is shit. I'm expecting no less from these guys.

street_burial
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Shinedown leaked, and Cynic- The Portal Tapes leaked

jhdeity
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM

Like every album 2-3 good songs, and the rest is shit. I'm expecting no less from these guys.

I thought Sound of Madness was 90% great actually but I agree the new one and others are all 2-4 good songs.

I listened to 5 new cd's in the last 48 hours and maybe my expecations of Koloss were too high but I would rate them.

1) Overkill - by a mile. All f'n hail these guys for making 2 incredible thrash cd's after I virtually gave up on them after a few clunkers
2) Municipal Waste - we need more bands like these guys
3) Meshuggah - Nowhere near as good as Obzen
4) Shinedown - Couple of good songs
5) Ministry - When they're good, they're really good. When they're bad they're preachy and childish.

kalfitegrdan
03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I've listened to eighteen albums this year and feel that I can finally make a top ten list, so here's mine so far:

1. Asphyx - Deathhammer
2. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
3. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
4. Eluveitie - Helvetios
5. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
6. Beneath the Massacre - Incongruous
7. Xandria - Neverworld's End
8. Abigail Williams - Becoming
9. Corrosion of Conformity - Corrosion of Conformity
10. Heidevolk - Batavi

MPF
03-20-2012, 03:17 PM
I thought Sound of Madness was 90% great actually but I agree the new one and others are all 2-4 good songs.

I listened to 5 new cd's in the last 48 hours and maybe my expecations of Koloss were too high but I would rate them.

1) Overkill - by a mile. All f'n hail these guys for making 2 incredible thrash cd's after I virtually gave up on them after a few clunkers
2) Municipal Waste - we need more bands like these guys
3) Meshuggah - Nowhere near as good as Obzen
4) Shinedown - Couple of good songs
5) Ministry - When they're good, they're really good. When they're bad they're preachy and childish.

I hate The Crow and The Butterfly with a passion.

But you listened to some great albums that I haven't even commented on yet.

Overkill- Not as good as Ironbound, but a killer Thrash album none the less. Best Thrash album of the year so far.

Municipal Waste- They will never top The Art Of Partying, but this is pretty close. Much better then the last album (which I still loved).

Meshuggah- Meshuggah is Meshuggah. Nothing out of the ordinary. a few different songs with other songs in the classic vibe. Overall, pretty damn cool.

Shinedown- I'll say once I get a chance to listen to it.

Ministry- Over the top Political. I get it Al, you're a democrat. Keep it off your damn albums.

jhdeity
03-20-2012, 03:32 PM
I hate The Crow and The Butterfly with a passion.

But you listened to some great albums that I haven't even commented on yet.

Overkill- Not as good as Ironbound, but a killer Thrash album none the less. Best Thrash album of the year so far.

Municipal Waste- They will never top The Art Of Partying, but this is pretty close. Much better then the last album (which I still loved).

Meshuggah- Meshuggah is Meshuggah. Nothing out of the ordinary. a few different songs with other songs in the classic vibe. Overall, pretty damn cool.

Shinedown- I'll say once I get a chance to listen to it.

Ministry- Over the top Political. I get it Al, you're a democrat. Keep it off your damn albums.

Well said on all accounts. Except Crow and the Butterfly is a damn good song, especially live. I can see why someone would get tired of it or not like it but for what it is, it's one of their 10 best songs to me.

Also I'm not totally sure when it's all said and done that The Electric Age won't surpass ironbound. I think ironbound has 3-4 incredible songs, 2-3 really good ones and the rest never really grew on me. EA has some incredible riffs and solos wrapped around a shitton of thrash. I kept waiting for the plod-along song that I would skip and it never really happened. Electric Rattlesnake was a little cheesy lyrically but the music is f'n SICK!

I'm shocked at how much I liked it on just the 1st listen. Koloss will surely grow on me and I'll have to hear some of these songs live to truly gauge them so it might crack my Top 10 by years end. I'd be surprised if Overkill wasn't Top 5 for me.

300%_Density
03-20-2012, 06:54 PM
This may come off as me making excuses for the Ministry album but all things considered I don't think it's a bad album. If you take into consideration the fact that Al never intended to make the album, he was doing his Buck Satan thing and came up w/ some riffs and was talked into saying what the hell we'll record these and put out an album. Knowing how and why it was recorded I didn't expect a ton from this album.

Trying to follow up Houses, Rio Grande & Last Sucker is not an easy task. It could be debated that Ministry haven't put out 3 quality albums in a row in their history. I liked Ghouldiggers as the opener quite a bit. I enjoy the music on 99 Percenters, the lyrics kind of get out but musically I love it. I thought United Forces was kind of a random cover but that's something that Ministry has done their whole career is do a random cover.

Yea Al bitches about his anti Republican stuff but he's only done that since when... 1991? 1992? With a Ministry album usually you know what your going to get. It's not a great album but I'll listen to this over Filth Pig & Dark Side of the Spoon any day. Just my :2cents: on the new album.

hellawaits77ny
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM

I feel the same. I love a couple songs on each, and don't like most of 'em. I'll still give the new one a whirl.

hellawaits77ny
03-20-2012, 10:10 PM
I might have to check out the new Ministry. I loved Filth Pig. I remember when my dad got that CD when it first came out, I heard Reload and was like "holy shit, this is cool!!". Animositisomina wasn't bad either. Other than that, I've only heard a song or 2 each from all the albums in between and since. Wasn't a huge fan of any of 'em. AKA I don't know much about them. Hope the new one is solid.

ShatteredFlame
03-21-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm actually really digging the new Ceremony now that I've given it a few good listens.

Also "Selenelion" by Vaura is incredible. The best Toby Driver album in awhile.

OraclesofAgony
03-21-2012, 01:34 PM
My Sedition preorder came! :party: :party: :party:

This is the earliest I've gotten a preorder. Although they did send me two shirts with the CD instead of a shirt and a hoodie.

MPF
03-21-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm actually really digging the new Ceremony now that I've given it a few good listens.

Also "Selenelion" by Vaura is incredible. The best Toby Driver album in awhile.

I'm glad someone besides me is listening to this hear. Its so damn good. Even though I actually liked the new Kayo Dot. Vaura blows it out of the water.

OraclesofAgony
03-21-2012, 04:00 PM
Sedition unsurprisingly did not let me down. I'd even say that Giulio has written some of his best leads on this album. And it is like a mixture of styles between The Vile Conception and Paradogma. It's got the ferocity and blasting from TVC, but also a lot of groove and melody like in Paradogma. The only problem with it is it goes by too fast, clocking in at just over 30 minutes. :tongue:

And the new vocalist and drummer are fucking awesome!

Crionics
03-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm late to the party, but the new CC absolutely blew my mind :eek:

GarageMetal468
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM
The only problem with it is it goes by too fast, clocking in at just over 30 minutes.

There is nothing wrong with that! I'd rather have it go by fast than drag on for over an hour.

Looks like I got a lot to check out this weekend.... Hour of Penance, Municipal Waste, Overkill, Meshuggah... damn!

OraclesofAgony
03-21-2012, 05:06 PM
There is nothing wrong with that! I'd rather have it go by fast than drag on for over an hour.

Looks like I got a lot to check out this weekend.... Hour of Penance, Municipal Waste, Overkill, Meshuggah... damn!

Yeah, there isn't anything wrong with that. Their previous albums weren't much longer. I just enjoyed the first listen so much that it flew by real fast. :lol:

dcmetal108
03-21-2012, 06:41 PM
New The Used and Stick To Your Guns leaked.

jd091
03-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Stick To Your Guns leaked.

I'll have to check this out...

street_burial
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll have to check this out...

let me know how it is. Kind of worried it's not gonna be good.

jd091
03-21-2012, 09:41 PM
let me know how it is. Kind of worried it's not gonna be good.

Yeah, same. I loved half of The Hope Division, hated the other half. We'll see.

EDIT: Just listened to track 1; so far so good. I like it. I'll update later when I've gotten through it all.

Nater
03-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I jammed the new Shinedown earlier and it's about on par with the SoM and I loved that album. It's weird though because I got almost a Queen vibe from a couple of the songs. It wasn't a bad thing but it definitely caught me off guard. I'm Not Alright was one of those songs. It's just got something about it. I did notice it doesn't have as many of the edgey songs as SoM had. That's ok though.

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
The If These Trees Could Talk album is just fantastic. Absolute post rock brilliance :drool:

Natrlhi
03-22-2012, 09:32 AM
The If These Trees Could Talk album is just fantastic. Absolute post rock brilliance :drool:The Nat approves this message. :fist:

(Plus, it was at the bottom of the page. I had to quote you so people would see your statement of fact for a while longer! :D)

street_burial
03-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Borknagar :party::party:

MetalIsArt
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM

It gets great reviews, so yours truly might check it out...

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Iron Maidens En Vivo leaked as did the new All American Rejects and the new Intestinal.

300%_Density
03-22-2012, 12:32 PM

Came across that last night, have not listened to them but am a fan of ICS Vortex. Do believe today is the day I give it a shot!!!!

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Listened to the new STYG and it's actually quite good. Better than Hope Division though towards the end it looses a little momentum.

jd091
03-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Listened to the new STYG and it's actually quite good. Better than Hope Division though towards the end it looses a little momentum.

Need to give it another listen today before I post my full thoughts, but overall I loved it. Parts of it I still really disliked (I'm not a fan of his singing), but overall it's better than the Hope Division. I want STYG to have this very specific sound and style, and they're so close to having it, but I know inherently they're not gonna ever get it, if that makes any sense. :lol: Basically, I want them to have a more melodic hardcore sound without the singing. They know how to write good mosh parts.

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 12:58 PM
Need to give it another listen today before I post my full thoughts, but overall I loved it. Parts of it I still really disliked (I'm not a fan of his singing), but overall it's better than the Hope Division. I want STYG to have this very specific sound and style, and they're so close to having it, but I know inherently they're not gonna ever get it, if that makes any sense. :lol: Basically, I want them to have a more melodic hardcore sound without the singing. They know how to write good mosh parts.

Yea I'm not a fan of the singing or the parts towards the end that are really no instruments and just screaming.

jd091
03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Yea I'm not a fan of the singing or the parts towards the end that are really no instruments and just screaming.

I actually love the samples they use from the Dalai Lama and all that. I like how they kept them on in this album! Think I'll post a review thread tonight if I have time, for anyone that cares. And I'll add my review of Meshuggah. Hint: it starts with an 'm' and ends with an 'eh'.

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 03:00 PM
New 3 Inches Of Blood leaked

illuminatus917
03-22-2012, 04:43 PM
The If These Trees Could Talk album is just fantastic. Absolute post rock brilliance :drool:

The Nat approves this message. :fist:

So do I. Even though I haven't listened to it yet. I'm sure it will be great. :)

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 05:00 PM
New All American Rejects is good but more pop sounding than their previous records.

MPF
03-22-2012, 07:15 PM
New All American Rejects is good but more pop sounding than their previous records.

How the hell is that even possible?

BloodoftheKings
03-22-2012, 08:11 PM
How the hell is that even possible?

I was thinking the same thing. The only way I can imagine is if they stopped using instruments and made a straight up pop record.

dcmetal108
03-22-2012, 08:28 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The only way I can imagine is if they stopped using instruments and made a straight up pop record.

It's softer. Is that better. Their older stuff was more rock and radio rock and this one is softer than that. Almost pop sounding.

jd091
03-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Hey, any and all A Day to Remember fans, check out For the Win. Just released their first EP. I've been rocking them a bunch lately. No harsh vocals, but the instrumentation is very similar to ADTR. I love his vocals, too. Fun, easy music to listen to. My :2cents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rOsqzBCsH4

Also just posted my review of the new Stick To Your Guns, for the few of you that care.

300%_Density
03-22-2012, 10:04 PM
Leaky for 3IOB has just come out :rocker:

hb420
03-22-2012, 10:35 PM
So do I. Even though I haven't listened to it yet. I'm sure it will be great. :)

I do as well. Holy shit is it amazing, best post rock album I've heard in a looong time. :fist:

Edit: HOLY SHIT I didn't even notice but the new Black Breath leaked a little more than a week ago. :party:

Nater
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
I bought my copy of 3IoB at the show tonight. I'm gonna jam it tomorrow. If it sounds half as awesome as the stuff does live then it will be amazing:rocker:

Nater
03-23-2012, 09:44 AM
IT FUCKING KICKS ASS

ShatteredFlame
03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Has anyone heard Split Cranium yet? It's a hardcore band featuring Aaron Turner of Isis on vocals. It's alright, nothing great but I still find it interesting.

http://splitcranium.bandcamp.com/

Natrlhi
03-23-2012, 01:21 PM
^ No shit - Aaron Turner doing hardcore? I gotta check that shit out soon... :eyes:

GarageMetal468
03-23-2012, 02:12 PM
The new Overkill has skyrocketed to the top of my "best of" list this year

Seventhzealot
03-23-2012, 03:23 PM
3IOB streaming here (http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHear/3_inches_of_blood-long_live_heavy_metal_album_stream)

BloodoftheKings
03-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Some people will get mad that i'm bringing this up but i'm surprised there has been little to no mention of the Odd Future Tape Vol 2 yet. I listened to the songs that people are saying are the albums strongest tracks and I found them to be pretty mediocre. I also find it pretty lame that this isn't a free mixtape and this is a legitimate album they expect people to pay for. Honestly I cant listen to these OF tapes where every guy pitches in. Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only people in this group worthy of anybody's attention, the rest are mediocre and bore me to tears with their weak verses. I also I agree with what Shatteredflame said a while back, these guys really should collaborate with better producers.

treghet
03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Some people will get mad that i'm bringing this up but i'm surprised there has been little to no mention of the Odd Future Tape Vol 2 yet. I listened to the songs that people are saying are the albums strongest tracks and I found them to be pretty mediocre. I also find it pretty lame that this isn't a free mixtape and this is a legitimate album they expect people to pay for. Honestly I cant listen to these OF tapes where every guy pitches in. Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only people in this group worthy of anybody's attention, the rest are mediocre and bore me to tears with their weak verses. I also I agree with what Shatteredflame said a while back, these guys really should collaborate with better producers.

It's likely because the hype surrounding them has declined. A lot of the people who were fans last year have probably decided to hate them already, or at least disregard them. As for the mixtape not being free, I'm sure that has all to do with being on a record label now. Also, while I'm not an Odd Future fan, I totally agree that Tyler, Earl, and Hodgy are the only worthwhile members and that their beats are mediocre. If they want to regain the status they had at this time last year they need to step it up, otherwise they will fall into obscurity like every other internet trend does.

ShatteredFlame
03-23-2012, 04:14 PM
I found the tape to be alright. Hodgy released an EP a few weeks back that I found to be better. Earl is back so I think the OF hype will rise again since people have insane expectations for him.

mastodon421
03-23-2012, 04:51 PM
The tape was decent overall. Some really good tracks (Rella, Sam (Is Dead), Lean, P) some really bad ones (Real Bitch, We Got Bitches, Ya Know), but mostly it's just listenable songs that aren't anything too special. To me, there is a big decline in quality between each member of Odd Future. For me it goes Earl>Tyler>Hodgy>Domo>Mike G (Jasper, Left Brain, and Taco are all awful so I won't even bother ranking them) and I agree Early, Tyler, and Hodgy are the only ones that are good on a regular basis (Domo has his moments and Mike G is always subpar).

I also agree that they need to bring in some outside producers. There are some solid beats here and there, but they aren't consistent at all. If they worked with some great producers, it would really elevate the quality of their music.

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Been listening to the new Napalm Death in my car the last few days and I don't know what to think of it. It's so...different.

Listening to the new 3IoB stream and absolutely loving it. The track I'm on now, Men of Fortune, is by the far the weakest on the album yet and it's not bad. The only complaint I have with it is a boring 2 minutes in the middle of its seven and a half minutes.

jhdeity
03-23-2012, 08:12 PM
I can't believe En Vivo is out there and people aren't blowing up this thread over it. I anjoyed it for what it is...

As far as Odd Future goes I listened to it and nothing really grabbed me. maybe I still had Overkill on the brain but even after listening to Koloss again I went back to Overkill. it's official... Thrash rules all!!!!

300%_Density
03-23-2012, 08:38 PM
New Overkill is pretty sexy IMO. It's not Ironbound but hell that is a bitch of a task to try to top, that was one of my favorite albums of '10. But I do believe it will be a lock for the end of year Top 10. I picked a damn good time to start listening to Overkill (right before Ironbound was released). Those last 2 albums are just absolute killers.

300%_Density
03-23-2012, 09:10 PM
The track I'm on now, Men of Fortune, is by the far the weakest on the album yet and it's not bad. The only complaint I have with it is a boring 2 minutes in the middle of its seven and a half minutes.

Listening to it right now. It would be a great song but cut out that 2.5 min crap in the middle, slows the song down and makes it boring. It'd be a highlight track w/o it.

kalfitegrdan
03-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Listening to it right now. It would be a great song but cut out that 2.5 min crap in the middle, slows the song down and makes it boring. It'd be a highlight track w/o it.

Exactly.

brutal_descent
03-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Drummer from The American Dollar sent me their new album, pretty damn good.

dcmetal108
03-24-2012, 09:08 AM
New God Forbid leaked.

jd091
03-24-2012, 09:35 AM
New God Forbid leaked.

Sweet! I have a soft spot for 'em.

mastodon421
03-24-2012, 09:38 AM
New God Forbid leaked.

Bout damn time, It comes out on Monday. I might just wait till then and listen to it on Spotify.

w00tasaurus
03-24-2012, 10:18 AM
God Forbid is the only band I like that could be considered part of a "core" genre, and this is because they really don't sound like it at all.

New album sounds decent so far.

treghet
03-24-2012, 07:20 PM
After my first listen of the new Hour of Penance I think it's incredible. Might even be better than Paradogma, but I need to listen to it some more.

BloodoftheKings
03-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Anyone else hear the new Unsane? Checked it out this morning and it's pretty sick.

OraclesofAgony
03-24-2012, 10:21 PM
After my first listen of the new Hour of Penance I think it's incredible. Might even be better than Paradogma, but I need to listen to it some more.

I've been listening to it nonstop since I got it on Wednesday and it's definitely as good as Paradogma if not better. The new vocalist/guitarist and drummer did an awesome job. And Giulio did some excellent work with the guitar leads.

w00tasaurus
03-25-2012, 05:08 AM
Naglfar leaked, excited to listen!

dcmetal108
03-25-2012, 12:58 PM
New Wretched leaked.

hellawaits77ny
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
Gave the new Veil of Maya a spin. I don't hate it. Nothing really stands out to me, but for whatever reason, I don't mind it. First few songs are actually pretty good IMO.

Nater
03-26-2012, 09:06 AM
3 songs into the new Hour of Penance and it's already some of the best Death Metal I have heard all year. I picked up Overkill too so when I get out of work I will give my thoughts on that.

Natrlhi
03-26-2012, 09:08 AM
3 songs into the new Hour of Penance and it's already some of the best Death Metal I have heard all year.Wait until you get to track five: "Ascension". If that isn't a live show fist-pumping death metal anthem, I don't know what is.

P.S., the correct answer is, "it is". I know because I was there (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19920). ;)

jd091
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Gave the new Veil of Maya a spin. I don't hate it. Nothing really stands out to me, but for whatever reason, I don't mind it. First few songs are actually pretty good IMO.

Yeah, I think I listened to it once and haven't picked it up since. Didn't like it nearly as much as I did [id].

mastodon421
03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I think I listened to it once and haven't picked it up since. Didn't like it nearly as much as I did [id].

Give it another a chance. I really liked to begin with, but it keeps getting better with repeat listens. It's a lot better than [id] imo.

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 12:27 PM

This. [id] is alot better but the new album is good. Punishers the best song.

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Top 10 :

1. Resolution - Lamb Of God
2. Slave To The Game - Emmure
3. Sedition - Hour Of Penance
4. Diamond - Stick To Your Guns
5. Incurso - Spawn Of Possession
6. Ex Lives - Every Time I Die
7. Global Flatline - Aborted
8. Les Voyages De L’âme - Alcest
9. Blood For The Master - Goatwhore
10. Kids In The Street - The All American Rejects

Tell me I don't hit a various amount of stuff.

masterguy49
03-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Top 10 :

1. Resolution - Lamb Of God
2. Slave To The Game - Emmure
3. Sedition - Hour Of Penance
4. Diamond - Stick To Your Guns
5. Incurso - Spawn Of Possession
6. Ex Lives - Every Time I Die
7. Global Flatline - Aborted
8. Les Voyages De L’âme - Alcest
9. Blood For The Master - Goatwhore
10. Kids In The Street - The All American Rejects

Tell me I don't hit a various amount of stuff.

Dude, Emmure is fun and all, but no way was their new album that good. I think you just want everyone on the board to shit themselves

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Dude, Emmure is fun and all, but no way was their new album that good. I think you just want everyone on the board to shit themselves

I based it off what I've been enjoying and play time. The more I listen to Emmure's cd the more it grows on me, and it's not like everyone can complain that I like Emmure when you look at stuff like Spawn Of Possession, Hour Of Penance, and Goatwhore being on my list.

masterguy49
03-26-2012, 01:43 PM
I based it off what I've been enjoying and play time. The more I listen to Emmure's cd the more it grows on me, and it's not like everyone can complain that I like Emmure when you look at stuff like Spawn Of Possession, Hour Of Penance, and Goatwhore being on my list.

Understandable, I think it was okay really, not nearly as moshy and awesome as Speaker of the Dead.
Also that's what you think!

300%_Density
03-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Wow I get to break the news that High On Fire has leaked!!!!!!!!!!!

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Wow I get to break the news that High On Fire has leaked!!!!!!!!!!!

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/100/6/0/MSPaint_Slowpoke_by_emosadface.jpg

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Understandable, I think it was okay really, not nearly as moshy and awesome as Speaker of the Dead.
Also that's what you think!

Yea I like the new one alot but Speaker Of The Dead is the perfect slam album.

However the new one is alot more riffy.

masterguy49
03-26-2012, 06:46 PM
Yea I like the new one alot but Speaker Of The Dead is the perfect slam album.

However the new one is alot more riffy.

I listen to Emmure to get pumped up and want to hit people, not for riffs!

IM NOT AFRAID TO DIE

dcmetal108
03-26-2012, 07:07 PM

IM NOT AFRAID TO DIE

Yea the new album makes me crazy but no wheres near Speaker. Still their Emmures 2 best albums though!

jd091
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM

IM NOT AFRAID TO DIE

kalfitegrdan
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I personally think I like Felony best. :eyes: Speaker of the Dead is in a very close second and I haven't listened to more than three tracks of the new album yet.

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Guys, it's not funny anymore.

slapguitarer
03-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Needless to say, new HoF is fucking awesome!

300%_Density
03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
New HOF leaks & we dedicate a page to Emmure. I don't get it.

BloodoftheKings
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM

Most of the High on Fire discussion is in the thread about it in mis-info. It's still fucking lame that we are dedicating pages to Emmure regardless.

Nater
03-26-2012, 08:28 PM
Wait until you get to track five: "Ascension". If that isn't a live show fist-pumping death metal anthem, I don't know what is.

P.S., the correct answer is, "it is". I know because I was there (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=19920). ;)

I heard it tonight at work and :drool: I thought exactly what you said. I just walked around work banging my head.

overkill is easily a top 5 album right now. Such a fun and aggresive album. All Over But The Shouting is a standout for me. I just love that song

hb420
03-26-2012, 09:30 PM
New High On Fire is really great, best stuff since BBW. The first half of the record is completely flawless. While at the moment I don't think the second half is nowhere near as good as the first. I need to listen to it some more, and its still pretty great. Madness of An Architect and Spiritual Rites are in the same league as HoF's best songs. Its in my top 5 and rising.

Natrlhi
03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Happy Meshuggah Day, everyone. May your puny heads be crushed like grapes by the monster that is Koloss.

dcmetal108
03-27-2012, 11:32 AM
New Accept and Your Demise leaked.

On a different topic :

This Hour Of Penance cd is amazing.

IrritatedTrout
03-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Iron Maiden - En Vivo kicks ass. Great live release.

jd091
03-27-2012, 02:29 PM
NSFW.

jhdeity
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Seriously the best week of leakage in the history of music...

Epidemic Reign
03-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Still hoping for Dark Tranquillity to announce a new album this year :snivel:

BloodoftheKings
03-27-2012, 07:43 PM
This year has been pretty awesome so far. I already have a top 10 where i'm leaving out some worthy albums.

1. Overkill - The Electric Age
2. Classics of Love - s/t
4. High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
5. Sigh - In Somniphobia
6. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
7. Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
8. 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
9. Ceremony - Zoo
10. Christian Mistress - Possession

Can't wait to hear Municipal Waste, Death Grips, and Brendon Small's Galktikon in the coming month.

mastodon421
03-28-2012, 04:41 AM
The new God Forbid is fucking awesome. Might be their best to date.

GarageMetal468
03-28-2012, 06:58 AM

Welcome to metal setlists!

HandOfDoom
03-28-2012, 10:10 AM
1. Overkill - The Electric Age
2. High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
3. Orange Goblin - Eulogy For the Dead
4. Corrosion of Conformity - Self Titled
5. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
6. Ministry - Relapse
7. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
8. Meshuggah - Koloss
9. Napalm Death - Utilitarian
10. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction

Edit: Listened to Koloss twice, digging it, not as much as Obzen , but still a solid effort imo.

mastodon421
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Current Top 10. Still need to hear the new 3 Inches of Blood,Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, Spawn of Posession, and Hour of Penance.

1.Lamb of God-Resolution
2.High on Fire-De Vermis Mysteriis
3.God Forbid-Equilibrium
4.Every Time I Die-Ex Lives
5.Veil of Maya-Eclipse
6.Overkill-The Electric Age
7.Goatwhore-Blood for the Master
8.Cannibal Corpse-Torture
9.Aborted-Global Flatline
10.Eluveitie-Helvetios

Natrlhi
03-28-2012, 11:24 AM
6. Ministry - Relapse
I'm a bit surprised at this. Nobody else seems to like it so far.

HandOfDoom
03-28-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm a bit surprised at this. Nobody else seems to like it so far.

Im loving it man :horns:

Rocco44
03-28-2012, 02:47 PM
I haven't listened to many albums so far but I dig these.

1. Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Âme
2. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees
3. Pallbearer - Sorrow The Extinction

kalfitegrdan
03-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Listened to about 25 records so far this year...

1. Asphyx - Deathhammer
2. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
4. Eluveitie - Helvetios
5. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
6. 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
7. Hour of Penance - Sedition
8. Aborted - Global Flatline
9. Beneath the Massacre - Incongruous
10. Abigail Williams - Becoming

kalfitegrdan
03-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Whoever said that the only problem with the new Hour of Penance was that it was too short was absolutely right. I love the album, but it just seems to fly by way too fast.

treghet
03-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Sample of the new Rings of Saturn album... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NGVFPfwVD18

OraclesofAgony
03-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Sample of the new Rings of Saturn album... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NGVFPfwVD18

blehhhhhhhhh

MPF
03-30-2012, 12:52 PM
New Demon Hunter is out and this great Post Rock band I never hear anyone talk about, Microfilm. I loved their last album I'm really looking forward to hearing their new one.

300%_Density
03-30-2012, 01:09 PM
Leaky of new Burzum out!!!

MPF
03-30-2012, 01:11 PM

Another new album? Its amazing how much time he has on his hands now.

hb420
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM

Great news, been anticipating this one since it was announced. :party:
His post prison stuff has been vastly superior to the stuff while and before he was locked up.

christopher
03-30-2012, 02:43 PM
New Black Breath is FUCKING AWESOME!!!! :eek::drool:

treghet
03-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Another new album? Its amazing how much time he has on his hands now.

Well it probably only takes him two weeks to write them.

Blackened12
03-30-2012, 05:22 PM
What I've got so far this year:

1. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
2. Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Âme
3. Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth
4. Meshuggah - Koloss
5. Lamb of God - Resolution
6. Semargl - Satanic Pop Metal

treghet
03-31-2012, 12:56 AM
Listening to the new Burzum... It's completely different from Fallen. It's really weird to say the least. You'll either love it or hate it.

w00tasaurus
03-31-2012, 05:31 PM
320 kbps leak of high on fire available so I'll be listening for the first time!

Naglfar's new one is pretty great by the way. Not sure any of the tracks really stand out in my mind but it is enjoyable.

SomewhereInTime72
03-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Finally got around to listening to the new Blaze Bayley album. It's definitely the worst of his solo albums, I think, but still pretty darn good. It's got a slow start (not a big fan of the title track), but once it takes off I have to admit I like it quite a bit.

Maiden33
04-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Finally got around to listening to the new Blaze Bayley album. It's definitely the worst of his solo albums, I think, but still pretty darn good. It's got a slow start (not a big fan of the title track), but once it takes off I have to admit I like it quite a bit.

I got like 2 and a half tracks in and turned it off. Not sure if I even care enough to give it another shot. Seriously, how did he fall this far? I've always defended his Maiden albums (particularly X Factor), and I swear by the first two solo records (and most of Blood and Belief)... but ever since it's kinda just felt like a gradual descent.

IrritatedTrout
04-01-2012, 05:10 AM
I've liked all his stuff except The Man Who Would Not Die, thought that one sucked hard. Then he delivered a great album with Promise & Terror and now it seems he's hit his all-time low. I've only heard two tracks and I plan to buy it and hear the rest when I can but I was not impressed at all.

Rocco44
04-02-2012, 02:31 AM
New Ancestors is really good.

ShatteredFlame
04-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Everybody who was into Touche Amore needs to get into "Our Home is a Deathbed" by Xerxes. Listen here:

http://wewerenevergold.bandcamp.com/album/our-home-is-a-deathbed

dcmetal108
04-02-2012, 11:01 AM
New Halestorm and Dragonforce leaked.

Spiner202
04-02-2012, 11:18 AM
New Dragonforce leaked.
Is it any good? I can't wait for this one :D

dcmetal108
04-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Is it any good? I can't wait for this one :D

It's DL'ing right now so odds are I won't listen to it until tomorrow because of work tonight.

hellawaits77ny
04-02-2012, 08:14 PM
How's the new Shinedown? Worth checking out?

MPF
04-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Sadly, not in my eyes.

There's a couple OK songs, but the rest is just pure filler garbage. I hate saying that too because I actually do like Shinedown.

hellawaits77ny
04-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Sadly, not in my eyes.

There's a couple OK songs, but the rest is just pure filler garbage. I hate saying that too because I actually do like Shinedown.

Bummer. That's usually how I view Shinedown. Each album has a view great songs, the rest filler. Maybe if I get bored sometime I'll YT a few songs.

dcmetal108
04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
New Shinedown wasn't really great but from the first half of the new Dragonforce it actually isn't that bad.

MPF
04-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Bummer. That's usually how I view Shinedown. Each album has a view great songs, the rest filler. Maybe if I get bored sometime I'll YT a few songs.

Yeah that's a good way to go about it. even though I got it for free. I probably would have never bought it for that reason alone.

They are popular with everyone now, it figures they would get shitty eventually.

jhdeity
04-03-2012, 07:42 AM

They're playing 6 songs live and those are all worth checking out. I hated Bully the 1st 10 times I heard it but it grew on me kinda. The best songs are:

Enemies
Nowhere Kids
Adrenaline

All 3 are uptempo tunes and they also play Unity and Amaryllis live which are decent slow songs.

I kinda like the new album actually but it took a few spins for sure. I'm Not Alright is kinda catchy too but definitely has a Pearl Jam/Nickelback collaboration vibe to it. If that makes sense.

Sepultura69
04-03-2012, 07:22 PM
A Tribe Called Molest.

:hecho:

dcmetal108
04-03-2012, 08:02 PM
New Halestorm is FUCKING AMAZING!

kalfitegrdan
04-04-2012, 03:55 AM
No one probably cares, but Make Them Suffer's debut album "Neverbloom" is scheduled to be released on May 25th. Now, please excuse me while I spaz out on some emoticons...:drool: :drool: :party: :party: :rocker: :horns: :bowdown: :metal: :fist: :D :cool:

But don't despair everyone, I care enough for the lot of you! :hug:

John The Drummer
04-04-2012, 06:14 AM
I don't think i have heard many new albums this year, but the new Borknagar is in constant rotation whenever I am listening to music. ICS Vortex's vocal parts are absolutely amazing.

dcmetal108
04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
New Jeff Loomis & JFAC leaked.

Rocco44
04-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Light Bearer has a split coming out with The Northless and they put up their side of it. http://www.mediafire.com/?gpa43xgxhny1am4

The_jman
04-04-2012, 12:37 PM
Loved the new Shinedown, not on first listen, but upon further listens.
new halestorm is pretty great.
I love parts of demon hunter, some of it is just meh. Only one song that I can't stand.

slapguitarer
04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Light Bearer has a split coming out with The Northless and they put up their side of it. http://www.mediafire.com/?gpa43xgxhny1am4

Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Rocco44
04-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Awesome! Thanks for posting.

No problem. Their upcoming full length should be amazing, I'm excited.

slapguitarer
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
No problem. Their upcoming full length should be amazing, I'm excited.

As am I.

SomewhereInTime72
04-04-2012, 09:35 PM
I got like 2 and a half tracks in and turned it off. Not sure if I even care enough to give it another shot. Seriously, how did he fall this far? I've always defended his Maiden albums (particularly X Factor), and I swear by the first two solo records (and most of Blood and Belief)... but ever since it's kinda just felt like a gradual descent.
The first two songs are easily the worst two IMO. The albums biggest flaw is the mediocrity of the first 3-4 songs... which is a pretty damning flaw, indeed. But, the latter 2/3 of the album are more like what I like from Blaze.

Definitely his worst, though I also thought Promise and Terror was better than The Man Who Would Not Die, so I disagree about the gradual descent bit.

ShatteredFlame
04-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Altar of Plagues and Year of No Light split (http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/04/altar_of_plague_2.html)

dcmetal108
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
New JFAC is pretty decent so far.

ShatteredFlame
04-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Altar of Plagues and Year of No Light split (http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/04/altar_of_plague_2.html)

The AoP side of this was decent, but the YoNL side made my day :lovedup:

dcmetal108
04-06-2012, 07:31 AM
New Disfiguring The Goddess leaked!

treghet
04-06-2012, 08:21 AM
New Disfiguring The Goddess leaked!

That was fast.

dcmetal108
04-06-2012, 09:31 AM
That was fast.

Yeah and it even isn't close to release date. Doesn't come out till end of this month if I remember right.

treghet
04-06-2012, 03:19 PM
New Spanish All Shall Perish song for free.

http://www.scionav.com/collection/944/All-Shall-Perish---El-Pasado-Nos-Perseguira

treghet
04-07-2012, 01:21 AM
I really need to catch up on new releases. I still haven't listened to Asphyx, Overkill, and a few others. :hecho:

Epidemic Reign
04-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I still haven't listened to Asphyx

:nag:

jd091
04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
I've voiced my disappointment with the newest Alcest album here... but after hearing a lot of it live, and going back to it, I've radically changed my mind. La Ou Naissent is hauntingly beautiful, Faiseurs de Mondes is amazing, and Summer's Glory is the perfect end to the album, maybe any Alcest album. Hopefully that opinion just gets reinforced by further listens.

Speaking of which, any other good recommendations for bands like Alcest out there this year? Isn't Pallbearer similar? I should check 'em out.

treghet
04-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Speaking of which, any other good recommendations for bands like Alcest out there this year? Isn't Pallbearer similar? I should check 'em out.

Yeah, check them out and then I'd recommend giving Revenge's new album, Scum.Collapse.Eradication, a listen. It's full of chilling, beautiful riffs, harmonious solos, and ethereal vocals. It really touches my heart like no other album does.

jd091
04-08-2012, 01:40 AM
Yeah, check them out and then I'd recommend giving Revenge's new album, Scum.Collapse.Eradication, a listen. It's full of chilling, beautiful riffs, harmonious solos, and ethereal vocals. It really touches my heart like no other album does.

:lol: God. This shit is good actually. I'm glad you showed me.

treghet
04-08-2012, 02:40 AM
:lol: God. This shit is good actually. I'm glad you showed me.

:fist:

illuminatus917
04-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Pallbearer isn't that similar to Alcest, but Les Discrets is, and the new Les Discrets > the new Alcest.

jd091
04-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Pallbearer isn't that similar to Alcest, but Les Discrets is, and the new Les Discrets > the new Alcest.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Listened to it a while ago; it was pretty solid.

Epidemic Reign
04-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I personally couldn't get into the new Les Discrets as much as the new Alcest.

Rocco44
04-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I personally couldn't get into the new Les Discrets as much as the new Alcest.

Agreed, although I like the album.

I'll have to check out that new Revenge album.

jd091
04-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Agreed, although I like the album.

I'll have to check out that new Revenge album.

Yeah. You do. :D

dcmetal108
04-08-2012, 06:41 PM
This new Upon A Burning Body sucks.

jd091
04-08-2012, 08:19 PM
This new Upon A Burning Body sucks.

Yeah, I saw video for the new song and other than the end breakdown, it was pretty mediocre. Not surprised.

dcmetal108
04-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I saw video for the new song and other than the end breakdown, it was pretty mediocre. Not surprised.

I mean it's bad while at the same time being stupid. Just listen to their song where they sing about how "every things bigger in Texas" for 4 minutes.

ShatteredFlame
04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
New Ufomammut leaked. And my vinyl shipped :drool:

Natrlhi
04-10-2012, 11:56 AM
New Ufomammut leaked. And my vinyl shipped :drool:You're gonna like it, methinks. ;)

ShatteredFlame
04-10-2012, 07:07 PM
You're gonna like it, methinks. ;)

I absolutely love them! I really wasn't that much of a fan of Eve but this new record is on par with everything else they made. And we get another album later in the year! :stoned:

TheDragonaut
04-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Anyone listened the new Ancestors yet? It's a bit more mellow in places, very Pink Floyd-esque. I'm digging it.

Rocco44
04-11-2012, 07:49 PM
Anyone listened the new Ancestors yet? It's a bit more mellow in places, very Pink Floyd-esque. I'm digging it.

Yes I've been listening to it for a couple weeks, I think it's really good. Songwriting has definitely improved with this album and Invisible White.

BloodoftheKings
04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
The new Municipal Waste is pretty solid, not one of their best but I enjoy it.

brutal_descent
04-13-2012, 05:26 AM
01. Jeff Loomis – Plains of Oblivion
02. Every Time I Die – Ex Lives
03. Goatwhore – Blood for the Master
04. Cannibal Corpse – Torture
05. High On Fire – De Vermis Mysteriis
06. Meshuggah – Koloss
07. Napalm Death – Utilitarian
08. Eluveitie – Helvetios
09. Aborted – Global Flatline
10. Gorod – A Perfect Absolution
10. Abigail Williams – Becoming
11. Corrosion of Conformity – Corrosion of Conformity
12. Veil of Maya – Eclipse
13. Spawn of Possession – Incurso
14. Alcest – Les voyages de l'ame
15. Swallow the Sun – Emerald Forest and the Blackbird
16. Woods of Ypres – Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light
17. Adrenaline Mob – Omerta
18. Lamb of God – Resolution
19. Soen – Cognitive
20. Suicidal Angels – Bloodbath

Spiner202
04-13-2012, 05:37 AM
01. Jeff Loomis – Plains of Oblivion

Is this really that good? I was going to buy it, but I'm concerned about that the vocals might ruin it.

brutal_descent
04-13-2012, 05:46 AM
Is this really that good? I was going to buy it, but I'm concerned about that the vocals might ruin it.

Dude, blown away. The album is fucking amazing, and honestly, the only track on it that is sub par for me is Continuum, since it isn't as metal-oriented as the rest of the album.

MPF
04-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Just got a promo for the new Paradise Lost.

Also, For The Imperium, one of the best discoveries of the year!

John The Drummer
04-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I need to order the new Woods of Ypres album badly, I hear it's really good. I can't believe I missed them last year :'( .

MPF
04-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I need to order the new Woods of Ypres album badly, I hear it's really good. I can't believe I missed them last year :'( .

I did as well and I'll never forgive myself for it. :(

Epidemic Reign
04-13-2012, 02:25 PM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/AugustBWBK/album-2.jpg

May 23rd... finally.

christopher
04-13-2012, 09:52 PM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv219/Metaltim/AugustBWBK/album-2.jpg

May 23rd... finally.

:party:

hb420
04-13-2012, 10:08 PM
New High On Fire, Inverloch, Ufomammut, Paradise Lost and Occultation have been the releases this month I've been listening to the most. Can't wait for Torche and Saint Vitus to round off an epic April. :party:

jhdeity
04-14-2012, 05:46 AM
New Overkill gets better with every listen. Love the way it finishes up strong with All Over but the Shouting and Good Night. Takes me back to Evil Never Dies and the old days of putting great songs at the end of the albums.

Am I the only one having trouble getting into new High on Fire? Loved Snakes and this seems faster which I should love but it's just not sinking in for some reason.

Gave Ministry another shot and even the songs I like have annoying parts like the stupid being on hold crap over and over again. Just not feelin' it.

kalfitegrdan
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
Am I the only one having trouble getting into new High on Fire? Loved Snakes and this seems faster which I should love but it's just not sinking in for some reason.

I've only listened to it once and I felt the same way. :eyes:

Probably gonna buy it and give it another shot because I'm sure that I'll love it.

BloodoftheKings
04-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Jeff Loomis 'Plains of Oblivion' stream (http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/16)

Death Grips 'The Money Store' stream (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2D59D51BDE448389)

Currently listening to the new Jeff Loomis, i'm gonna try to resist the urge to spoil the new Death Grips before I get it on record store day.

hb420
04-15-2012, 02:54 PM
New Saint Vitus and Anhedonist leaked. :drool:

MPF
04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
The new solo album from Arjen Lucassen is also out.

christopher
04-16-2012, 12:32 AM
New Saint Vitus leaked. :drool:

THANK YOU!!!! AHHHH

Edit: I'm definitely going to redownload this later cause all the songs are around 10 seconds shorter than what is listed on metal archives.

hb420
04-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Torche's Harmonicraft leaked. :party:

300%_Density
04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Thoughts? Feelings on new Saint Vitus? I'm starting on my 2nd go around on it. Glad I researched before I bitched. I was gonna complain about the length until I realized w/ exception of C.O.D. was the only album that was alot longer than everything else. Just glancing pretty much everything looks like it's been 6-8 songs and usually between that 33-40 min mark. And that is what this clocks in at is 33 mins.

My only complaint is that with 7 tracks there's only 5 actual songs as the other 2 (Vertigo, Withdrawl) are instrumentals. Withdrawl I guess not so much instrument as it is 3 mins of Dave feedback. The Bleeding Ground & Dependence also have easily the best 2 solos on this album, coincidentally probably my favorite 2 tracks on the album. Those would be killer if those 2 make it into the set when they go out and tour.

These are just first impressions and may change but this is what I like so far. Wish that we could have got atleast 1 or 2 more actual songs but new Saint Vitus is better than no new Saint Vitus.

w00tasaurus
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
New Unleashed..

Not sure if I'm prepared to have it stuck in my head all day if its as catchy as their last album.

Natrlhi
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM
New Unleashed..

Not sure if I'm prepared to have it stuck in my head all day if its as catchy as their last album.It's not quite as catchy, but still pretty good in my opinion. You really can't go wrong with Unleashed, though. :fist:

w00tasaurus
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
It's not quite as catchy, but still pretty good in my opinion. You really can't go wrong with Unleashed, though. :fist:

true enough!

MPF
04-16-2012, 01:26 PM
Just got the promo for Torche's Harmonicraft. I won't be listening to anything else for at least 3 weeks. So happy right now.

John The Drummer
04-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Thoughts? Feelings on new Saint Vitus? I'm starting on my 2nd go around on it. Glad I researched before I bitched. I was gonna complain about the length until I realized w/ exception of C.O.D. was the only album that was alot longer than everything else. Just glancing pretty much everything looks like it's been 6-8 songs and usually between that 33-40 min mark. And that is what this clocks in at is 33 mins.

My only complaint is that with 7 tracks there's only 5 actual songs as the other 2 (Vertigo, Withdrawl) are instrumentals. Withdrawl I guess not so much instrument as it is 3 mins of Dave feedback. The Bleeding Ground & Dependence also have easily the best 2 solos on this album, coincidentally probably my favorite 2 tracks on the album. Those would be killer if those 2 make it into the set when they go out and tour.

These are just first impressions and may change but this is what I like so far. Wish that we could have got atleast 1 or 2 more actual songs but new Saint Vitus is better than no new Saint Vitus.

I'm going to have to check that one out. Apparently it was recorded at the same studio that my band recorded our first CD :rocker:

300%_Density
04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm going to have to check that one out. Apparently it was recorded at the same studio that my band recorded our first CD :rocker:

I think it'll probably be Top 10 worthy by end of the year. I wish there were more than just 5 songs. Only disappointment.

Natrlhi
04-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Just got the promo for Torche's Harmonicraft. I won't be listening to anything else for at least 3 weeks. So happy right now.Yeah, it's pretty damn good. :fist:

dcmetal108
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM
New War Of Ages leaked.

Spiner202
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Has anyone heard the new Havok? I wasn't too impressed with it. The cover songs just proved how much better those bands are than Havok (and I loved Time Is Up).

Also, the new Exumer was great. I don't understand why anyone would dislike that. :rocker:

MPF
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Has anyone heard the new Havok? I wasn't too impressed with it. The cover songs just proved how much better those bands are than Havok (and I loved Time Is Up).

Also, the new Exumer was great. I don't understand why anyone would dislike that. :rocker:

I didn't even know Havok had new material out. Time Is Up just came out last year.

I haven't heard Exumer yet.

BloodoftheKings
04-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I didn't even know Havok had new material out. Time Is Up just came out last year.

It's just an EP with 2 new tracks and a couple covers.

christopher
04-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I just got my copy of the new Metalachi album today!! :party::mexico:

GarageMetal468
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Chicago's death metal awesomeness Cardiac Arrest put up a new song recently and it fucking SLAYS. I'm definitely buying the new album when they play with Autopsy next month. I highly recommend everyone check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NIeiyTRjX_E#!

christopher
04-17-2012, 10:44 PM
New Saint Vitus album is fucking incredible!! I fucking love every second of it :D

jd091
04-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9YXoT2UZXWo/TuuHYJ32uQI/AAAAAAAAAKM/tPI3RpQ7WvM/s1600/300.jpg

:bowdown:

MPF
04-18-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm just gonna leave this here...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9YXoT2UZXWo/TuuHYJ32uQI/AAAAAAAAAKM/tPI3RpQ7WvM/s1600/300.jpg

:bowdown:

Released October 1st, 2011, Brah!

MPF
04-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Top 20 of 2012, as of 4-18-2012

1.) Alcest- Les Voyages De L'Âme
2.) Woods Of Ypres- Woods V: Grey Skies & Electric Light
3.) Torche- Harmonicraft
4.) Anathema- Weather Systems
5.) Abigail Williams- Becoming
6.) Eluveitie- Helvetios
7.) Paradise Lost- Tragic Idol
8.) For the Imperium- For the Imperium
9.) The 11th Hour- Lacrima Mortis
10.) Vaura- Selenelion
11.) Flying Colors- Flying Colors
12.) Dimension Act- Manifestation of Progress
13.) Goatwhore- Blood For The Master
14.) New Death Sensation- ...New Horizons...
15.) Mental Architects- Celebrations
16.) Van Halen- A Different Kind Of Truth
17.) Meshuggah- Koloss
18.) Overkill- The Electric Age
19.) Drudkh- Eternal Turn of the Wheel
20.) Cannibal Corpse- Torture

jd091
04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Released October 1st, 2011, Brah!

Aw really? Got the date from a faulty source then. Sweet album, nonetheless.

MPF
04-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Aw really? Got the date from a faulty source then. Sweet album, nonetheless.

I guess in a way it counts since you discovered it this year.

I heard it back then but it got lost in all the albums I was starting to get promo=s for. I should go back to it.

Spiner202
04-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I just bought the new Dragonforce and it's pretty good. The new singer is definitely one of the best imaginable replacements, but I don't think ZP will ever be truly replaceable. I don't really like that they cut all of the songs so short, because now the guitar solos aren't as long or interesting. A couple of the songs sound like they are straight off of Sonic Firestorm which is a good thing.

I think this is going to be a grower. It's definitely better than Ultra Beatdown, but not as good as the first three. Hopefully I'll have a review up soon.

John The Drummer
04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I just bought the new Dragonforce and it's pretty good. The new singer is definitely one of the best imaginable replacements, but I don't think ZP will ever be truly replaceable. I don't really like that they cut all of the songs so short, because now the guitar solos aren't as long or interesting. A couple of the songs sound like they are straight off of Sonic Firestorm which is a good thing.

I think this is going to be a grower. It's definitely better than Ultra Beatdown, but not as good as the first three. Hopefully I'll have a review up soon.

The chance of me chceking this out is so far away. ;)

Addicted2metal
04-19-2012, 12:34 PM
The chance of me chceking this out is so far away. ;) :lol:

illuminatus917
04-19-2012, 01:42 PM
For anyone that listened to and liked Sorne's House of Stone last year, Morgan personally emailed me today and said he has five records of material that he'll be releasing over the next three years.

So, we might expect a new Sorne album this year! :party:

And yes, I realize the excitement is probably limited to just me, but I thought I'd share this just in case anyone else is interested.

hb420
04-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Can't stop listening to the new Anhedonist, seriously some of the best death/doom I've heard in ages... :drool:
New Witch Mountain song off "Cauldron of the Wild" (http://soundcloud.com/profoundlorerecords/witch-mountain-beekeeper) :party:

NecroRob
04-20-2012, 12:32 AM
For anyone that listened to and liked Sorne's House of Stone last year, Morgan personally emailed me today and said he has five records of material that he'll be releasing over the next three years.

So, we might expect a new Sorne album this year! :party:

And yes, I realize the excitement is probably limited to just me, but I thought I'd share this just in case anyone else is interested.

You are not alone my friend. Thanks to your end of the year thread I checked out House of Stone and its pretty fantastic. I'm excited to see what else Sorne has to offer :D

illuminatus917
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
You are not alone my friend. Thanks to your end of the year thread I checked out House of Stone and its pretty fantastic. I'm excited to see what else Sorne has to offer :D

:fist: It means a lot to hear you say that my friend. And I'm not surprised to hear it coming from you. I ranked that album entirely too low on my list. Big mistake in hindsight. That and omitting InThyFlesh's album.

If he has anything else as good as Coyote or Silent Fall... :drool:

BloodoftheKings
04-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Most of you guys probably think that Anthony Fantano (theneedledrop) is a dick nose but his review of the new Death Grips went up today and it's the first album that was ever granted a 10/10 on his channel. I can't wait to hear this record tomorrow.

slapguitarer
04-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Most of you guys probably think that Anthony Fantano (theneedledrop) is a dick nose but his review of the new Death Grips went up today and it's the first album that was ever granted a 10/10 on his channel. I can't wait to hear this record tomorrow.

Yeah I saw that too. I'm sure /mu/ is raging right now.

SomewhereInTime72
04-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Finally listened to the new Overkill in full a few times over the past couple of days. Not disappointed, it is kickass.

OraclesofAgony
04-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I got my preorder of Hideous Divinity's "Obeisance Rising" in the mail. Italian Death Metal! :lovedup:

MPF
04-20-2012, 10:17 PM
The chance of me chceking this out is so far away. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note, Sabaton is out, Surprised no one found this before I got it as a promo.

BloodoftheKings
04-21-2012, 02:53 AM
Finally got around to listening to Grey Skies & Electric Light. What a great record. Might be my new favorite for the year. With The Money Store coming out today and Harminocraft on Tuesday it looks like my #1 spot might be switching quite a bit in the next week.

Spiner202
04-21-2012, 04:09 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a related note, Sabaton is out, Surprised no one found this before I got it as a promo.

I haven't gotten a promo yet! :flame:

How is it?

GarageMetal468
04-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Got around to listening to new Saint Vitus, I really enjoyed it!

dcmetal108
04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
New Cattle Decapitation and Dark Tranquility leaked!

treghet
04-21-2012, 07:32 AM
New Cattle Decapitation and Dark Tranquility leaked!

:drool: Fuck. Yes.

dcmetal108
04-21-2012, 10:23 AM
New Cattle Decapitation is fucking amazing.

OraclesofAgony
04-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I still haven't listened to enough albums this year to make a Top 10 yet. :eyes:

I have a lot of stuff I need to listen to.

But here's my current Top 5:

1. Hideous Divinity - Obeisance Rising
2. Hour of Penance - Sedition
3. Napalm Death - Utilitarian
4. Cannibal Corpse - Torture
5. Goatwhore - Blood For The Master

treghet
04-21-2012, 02:02 PM
I still haven't listened to enough albums this year to make a Top 10 yet. :eyes:

Don't worry, neither have I. :hecho:

Nater
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Six Feet Under is out.

MPF
04-21-2012, 09:03 PM
I haven't gotten a promo yet! :flame:

How is it?

I like it a lot. Sabaton isn't breaking any new ground on this album. But I wasn't expecting that. Just solid Sabaton style Power Metal. And that's what this is. :rocker:

300%_Density
04-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Gave the SFU a shot. I actually enjoy SFU and was excited w/ all the talk of Barnes saying he hasn't done an album like this since The Bleeding. I am quite underwhelmed. Formaldahyde was only song I liked at first listen. Nothing really catchy like SFU usually does. I will give it another listen soon but first impression this is underwhelming. Better than last few albums but w/ the hype I expected more.

dcmetal108
04-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Listened to the Feistodon Split. It was good yet odd.

Anyone else hear it?

BloodoftheKings
04-22-2012, 05:51 PM
Listened to the Feistodon Split. It was good yet odd.

Anyone else hear it?

Got it yesterday. Mastodon's Feist cover is pretty good. I can't tell if I like the Feist version of 'Black Tongue' or not. It's interesting to say the least.

illuminatus917
04-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Five tracks into the new Sigur Rós album. Fairly underwhelmed at this point.

jd091
04-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Got it yesterday. Mastodon's Feist cover is pretty good. I can't tell if I like the Feist version of 'Black Tongue' or not. It's interesting to say the least.

So sad it was sold out at Reckless Records... :(

MPF
04-23-2012, 11:28 AM
Got the promo for Storm Corrosion so I'm ASSuming it's out there for you guys too.

ShatteredFlame
04-23-2012, 11:29 AM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2012/04/wolfbrigade_rel.html

New Wolfbrigade is streaming!

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
New Six Feet Under is somewhat decent. Still hate how his vocals sound.

eyes_of_the_south
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
4 tracks from Marilyn Manson's upcoming album 'Born Villain' are available via stream courtesy of Spotify. Here's a direct link...

http://vk.com/wall-24936435_1500

Tracks:

Pistol Whipped
Slo-Mo-Tion
The Gardener
Murderer's Are Getting Prettier Everyday

hb420
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM
Got the promo for Storm Corrosion so I'm ASSuming it's out there for you guys too.

It's sooo good. Like a weird Steve Wilson influenced Heritage, I love it. :drool:

christopher
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
4 tracks from Marilyn Manson's upcoming album 'Born Villain' are available via stream courtesy of Spotify. Here's a direct link...

http://vk.com/wall-24936435_1500

Tracks:

Pistol Whipped
Slo-Mo-Tion
The Gardener
Murderer's Are Getting Prettier Everyday

Oh god, those songs are so terrible. I actually had hopes for this album, but the six songs I've heard so far all suck

dcmetal108
04-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh god, those songs are so terrible. I actually had hopes for this album, but the six songs I've heard so far all suck

I lost all hope for him after his comeback at the Golden God Awards.

MPF
04-23-2012, 07:56 PM
It's sooo good. Like a weird Steve Wilson influenced Heritage, I love it. :drool:

My thoughts are that I can't be disappointed by this album because I knew this was going to be the exact album they were going to make. Only one song with drums. a few with cymbals. Otherwise it is Soundtracky and Atmospheric.

When you combine the mellow parts of Heritage, and spaceyness of Grace For Drowning....you have Storm Corrosion.

It's the kind of album where you can't listen to it all the time, you gotta be in the right mood.

I lost all hope for him after his comeback at the Golden God Awards.

I'm glad you came around on that, I remember you were defending hims till a bit that night. Like I said, that's him on TV, just wait until he's off camera. Pure utter bullshit.

MPF
04-23-2012, 10:11 PM
2012 Bands and Albums that I discovered that others may not have:

Atoma- Skylight
(Post Metal/Post Rock, Electronica, Doom Metal; for fans of Scary Symmetry, Isis, 65daysofstatic)

Dimension Act- Metamorphosis of Progress
(Progressive Metal, for fans of Dream Theater, Evergrey, Pagan's Mind)

For The Imperium- For The Imperium
(Experiemental, Avant Garde Progressive Metal; for fans of Dog Fashion Disco, Protest The Hero, Unexpect, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Leprous)

Horn Of The Rhino- Grengus (Stoner, Doom Metal; for fans of Soundgarden, Sleep, Mastodon, Torche)

New Death Sensation- ...New Horizons...
(Instrumental Progressive Post Rock; *If Animals As Leaders went Post Rock instead of Djent*)

PostHumanBigBang- PostHumanBigBang
(Experimental Progressive Metal; For fans of Modern Progressive Metal, not Djent, but "Modern" Progressive Metal)

The Samuel Jackson Five- The Samuel Jackson Five
(Post Rock; if you like Post Rock with Vocals)

Screaming Savior- Infinity
(Symphonic Progressive Black Metal; If Emperor moved to Japan)

Secrets Of The Moon- Seven Bells
(Black Metal; For Fans of Dark Fortress and Lunar Auora)

Vaura- Selenelion
(Experimental Progressive Post Metal; For fans of Anything Toby Driver)

dcmetal108
04-24-2012, 07:01 AM
My thoughts are that I can't be disappointed by this album because I knew this was going to be the exact album they were going to make. Only one song with drums. a few with cymbals. Otherwise it is Soundtracky and Atmospheric.

When you combine the mellow parts of Heritage, and spaceyness of Grace For Drowning....you have Storm Corrosion.

It's the kind of album where you can't listen to it all the time, you gotta be in the right mood.

I'm glad you came around on that, I remember you were defending hims till a bit that night. Like I said, that's him on TV, just wait until he's off camera. Pure utter bullshit.

Yeah I mean I want to like him again live but the chances are slim to none.

Natrlhi
04-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Atoma- Skylight
(Post Metal/Post Rock, Electronica, Doom Metal; for fans of Scary Symmetry, Isis, 65daysofstatic)This sounds pretty damned interesting (makes mental note). So do some of the others you mentioned, too.

EDIT: Oopsy on the "Scary" Symmetry. :lol:

Horn Of The Rhino- Grengus (Stoner, Doom Metal; for fans of Soundgarden, Sleep, Mastodon, Torche)I have this as well. What I've heard so far is pretty good. Their previous album was good, too.

300%_Density
04-24-2012, 12:06 PM
Is there a leak for Prong yet? Anyone seen one yet?