PDA

View Full Version : 2012.....

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

jd091
01-25-2012, 01:15 AM
Hmmm. I just listened to Les Voyages de L'Ame all the way through, yet again, then I listened to just the re-recorded version of Elevation from Le Secret, and that single song had twice as much emotion, atmosphere, and amazingness put into it than all of the new album put together. And every riff in it is memorable and catchy, something I can't say about a single song off of Voyages.

Is it just me... or dare I say the new Alcest bores me? :eyes:

mankvill
01-25-2012, 01:17 AM
Hmmm. I just listened to Les Voyages de L'Ame all the way through, yet again, then I listened to just the re-recorded version of Elevation from Le Secret, and that single song had twice as much emotion, atmosphere, and amazingness put into it than all of the new album put together. And every riff in it is memorable and catchy, something I can't say about a single song off of Voyages.

>implying they'll ever top Ciel Errant

HandOfDoom
01-25-2012, 07:33 AM
Really digging King Giants "Dismal Hollow", doom with a southern groove. About to check out Stone Magnum and Black Pyramid.

jd091
01-25-2012, 10:50 AM
>implying they'll ever top Ciel Errant

Oh, I wasnt saying Elevation is their best song (though it's certainly up there). Just that it's better than any song off of Voyages.

dcmetal108
01-25-2012, 11:10 AM

I wouldn't say bore but after listening to all their stuff many times I can't pick which one I like more.

hellawaits77ny
01-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Suppose I'll do a quick review of Aborted's Global Flatline.

I think treghet worded it well: Solid, but won't blow you away. I think it's a very strong album, and will probably recieve better reviews than their last few (I liked Slaughter + Apparatus, but the other 2 since Goremageddon weren't anything special). I've listened to it in it's entirety a few times now, and there really isn't a weak song on the album. Tracks towards the end get a little stale, but they're all good tunes. The title track, Fecal Forgery, and Vermicular Oscene Obese are my favorite tunes. Fecal Forgery has a sweet breakdown -> solo -> breakdown -> solo section that is suprisingly slow. The title track is typical Aborted grindcore. VOO starts off batshit fast, then has a groovy mid section and a cool solo. Other good tunes are the entire Corony Reconstruction EP (which are spread throughout), The Origin Of Disease, and the closer Endstille. Endstille ends with an excerpt of J. Robert Oppenheimer talking about his reaction to the Trinity Test. It was pretty eerie the way he talks, it was a very cool ending to the album. Also has a re-recording of Nailed Through Her Cunt, a great tune from their 2nd album.

Another great thing about the album is it's production. I know a lot of Aborted's hardcore fans will appreciate their "rawer-ly" produced albums, but this album is bit cleaner. Not Dying Fetus clean (their last 2 albums are the type of production sound quality-wise I consider almost pefect), but cleaner in a way that Sven's vocals are more understandable, and the guitars are much tighter and decipherable.

A solid album overall, but what hurts it is the fact that there's really only 4 songs that stick out to me. Maybe more will over time. But again, there isn't a weak track on the whole album, and can be listened to in it's entirety.

Overall : 7.5/10 (could change throughout the course o' da year)

HandOfDoom
01-27-2012, 07:27 AM
I cannot yet rank the albums Ive listened to, so, ill just post my favorites as of yet.

Stone Magnum- Stone Magnum
Black Pyramid - II
Lamb of God - Resolution
Alcest - Les Voyages De L’âme
King Giant - Dismal Hollow

GarageMetal468
01-27-2012, 08:36 AM
I cannot yet rank the albums Ive listened to, so, ill just post my favorites as of yet.

Stone Magnum- Stone Magnum
Black Pyramid - II
Blotted Science - The Animation of Entomology EP
Lamb of God - Resolution
Alcest - Les Voyages De L’âme
King Giant - Dismal Hollow

Blotted Science is awesome but that was released last year

jd091
01-27-2012, 11:24 AM
Suppose I'll do a quick review of Aborted's Global Flatline.

I think treghet worded it well: Solid, but won't blow you away. I think it's a very strong album, and will probably recieve better reviews than their last few (I liked Slaughter + Apparatus, but the other 2 since Goremageddon weren't anything special). I've listened to it in it's entirety a few times now, and there really isn't a weak song on the album. Tracks towards the end get a little stale, but they're all good tunes. The title track, Fecal Forgery, and Vermicular Oscene Obese are my favorite tunes. Fecal Forgery has a sweet breakdown -> solo -> breakdown -> solo section that is suprisingly slow. The title track is typical Aborted grindcore. VOO starts off batshit fast, then has a groovy mid section and a cool solo. Other good tunes are the entire Corony Reconstruction EP (which are spread throughout), The Origin Of Disease, and the closer Endstille. Endstille ends with an excerpt of J. Robert Oppenheimer talking about his reaction to the Trinity Test. It was pretty eerie the way he talks, it was a very cool ending to the album. Also has a re-recording of Nailed Through Her Cunt, a great tune from their 2nd album.

Another great thing about the album is it's production. I know a lot of Aborted's hardcore fans will appreciate their "rawer-ly" produced albums, but this album is bit cleaner. Not Dying Fetus clean (their last 2 albums are the type of production sound quality-wise I consider almost pefect), but cleaner in a way that Sven's vocals are more understandable, and the guitars are much tighter and decipherable.

A solid album overall, but what hurts it is the fact that there's really only 4 songs that stick out to me. Maybe more will over time. But again, there isn't a weak track on the whole album, and can be listened to in it's entirety.

Overall : 7.5/10 (could change throughout the course o' da year)

Nice review, man.

HandOfDoom
01-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Blotted Science is awesome but that was released last year

My bad, dont know why I thought it was released this year, should have been in my top 10 list :hecho:

hellawaits77ny
01-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Nice review, man.

SomewhereInTime72
01-27-2012, 09:52 PM
http://hailthepilgrim.bandcamp.com/album/misery-wizard

Digging this.

Epidemic Reign
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
The Inherited Repression is "available".

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Lamb o' God debuted at #3. Good for them.

On a much shittier note, Aborted's Global Flatline sold only 1000 copies in it's first week. Shit, didn't think it would break records, but thats just bad.

BloodoftheKings
02-01-2012, 09:30 PM
On a much shittier note, Aborted's Global Flatline sold only 1000 copies in it's first week. Shit, didn't think it would break records, but thats just bad.

I thought the average for underground bands these days was around 200 copies.

jd091
02-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Hmmm. Wrath was #2 when it came out, so that's the first time they've actually gone down between releases. It was wishful thinking, but I was hoping they could pull another Far Beyond Driven and get that top slot. :fist:

christopher
02-01-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm really digging the new Lamb of God

mankvill
02-01-2012, 10:24 PM

That's actually fantastic for a band like Aborted.

They'll sell some more since they're on a few tours (or are they still?) coming up. But this is the most press Aborted has had in a loooong time.

And the new album isn't even that good. :eyes:

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I thought the average for underground bands these days was around 200 copies.

It may be. I just figured they'd sell more than 1000. They've been around a while, and are pretty well known in the death metal/grindcore community. I don't know, it just seems like a low number to me.

Hmmm. Wrath was #2 when it came out, so that's the first time they've actually gone down between releases. It was wishful thinking, but I was hoping they could pull another Far Beyond Driven and get that top slot. :fist:

Didn't know it was that high.

christopher
02-01-2012, 10:38 PM
It may be. I just figured they'd sell more than 1000. They've been around a while, and are pretty well known in the death metal/grindcore community. I don't know, it just seems like a low number to me.

Still better than that Anthrax comp haha

hellawaits77ny
02-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Still better than that Anthrax comp haha

21, was it?

Epidemic Reign
02-01-2012, 11:28 PM
21, was it?

I think it was 40.

Which is WAY better :lol:

christopher
02-01-2012, 11:33 PM
I think it was 40.

Which is WAY better :lol:

:lol: thats 97.5% better

imanidiot777
02-02-2012, 03:30 AM

As Randy pointed out on Twitter yesterday though, they only dropped about 20% in sales in their first week's between the last two albums. The music industry as a whole has dropped over 40%. He also pointed out that Tim McGraw, who finished one spot above them, was down over 50% from his last album's release. So I still say it is a win.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
http://991.com/newGallery/Nightwish-Imaginaerum-551743.jpg

http://nd05.jxs.cz/368/829/66cb63cd44_81881803_o2.jpg

I'm sensing a theme here :bouville:

Crionics
02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Bit off topic, but how was Imaginaerum? I'm not huge on Nightwish, but I love the "End of an Era" live album. I heard "Storytime" on youtube and had mixed feelings about it.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Bit off topic, but how was Imaginaerum? I'm not huge on Nightwish, but I love the "End of an Era" live album. I heard "Storytime" on youtube and had mixed feelings about it.

I really enjoyed the majority of it. It's far from their best work, but that was to be expected.

"Storytime" is by far one of the weakest tracks on the album.

300%_Density
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
I'm sure others have seen the new Van Halen leaked today. I'm halfway through it and dear god this is a tough, crappy listen. Tattoo might be one of the worst songs possibly ever written, it makes me want to go listen to Jump and I really despise it. I purposely didn't listen to it when it was released so I could hear the whole album at once. I wished I'd have saved myself one less track to hear now. I'm listening to As Is right now and it's not terrible. I might (for now) save it for iPod purposes...

I'm going to assume that I'm not in the minority here who thinks this album is just not any good? Curious what others think.

***Edit. I thought Tattoo was bad. Then I just listened to Stay Frosty. Tattoo is a god damn masterpiece compared to that. This is now to the point of being funny bad.

treghet
02-02-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm sure others have seen the new Van Halen leaked today. I'm halfway through it and dear god this is a tough, crappy listen. Tattoo might be one of the worst songs possibly ever written, it makes me want to go listen to Jump and I really despise it. I purposely didn't listen to it when it was released so I could hear the whole album at once. I wished I'd have saved myself one less track to hear now. I'm listening to As Is right now and it's not terrible. I might (for now) save it for iPod purposes...

I'm going to assume that I'm not in the minority here who thinks this album is just not any good? Curious what others think.

I'm afraid to listen to it... :hecho:

300%_Density
02-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm afraid to listen to it... :hecho:

Go into it w/ very low expectations and it gets easier. I feel I'm trying to do others a service by pre screening this for those who haven't heard it yet.

BloodoftheKings
02-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Top 10 of January 2012: (nothing really blew me away this month)

1. Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
2. Alcest - Les Voyage De La'Me
3. Iron Reagan - Demo 2012
4. Lamb of God - Resolution
5. Aborted - Global Flatline
6. Nekromantheon - Rise Vulcan Spectre
7. Necrocomiccon- Mjolnir For Nothing
*8. Primal Fear - Unbreakable
*9. Heems - Nehrv Jackets
*10. Anneke Van Giersbergen - Everything is Changing

*Didn't hear the whole thing.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
1. Coldworker - The Doomsayer's Call
2. Woods of Ypres - Woods 5: Grey Skies and Electric Light
3. Alcest - Les Voyages De l'Âme
4. Eluveitie - Helvetios
5. Psycroptic - The Inherited Repression
6. Lethian Dreams - Season of Raven Words
7. Swallow the Sun - Emerald Forest and the Blackbird
8. Aborted - Global Flatline
9. Lamb of God - Resolution
10. Suicidal Angels - Bloodbath

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 09:39 PM
6. Nekromantheon - Rise Vulcan Spectre
7. Necrocomiccon- Mjolnir For Nothing

You should throw this one in there:

http://www.cdinzane.com/images/P/NECRONOMICON-INVICTUS.gif

:lol:

illuminatus917
02-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah, I'd say Woods of Ypres is the album of the year so far. January was a pretty slow month. Hopefully things will pick up by spring.

hb420
02-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'd say Woods of Ypres is the album of the year so far. January was a pretty slow month. Hopefully things will pick up by spring.

Alcest barely tops it IMO, but Woods V is amazing.

illuminatus917
02-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Alcest barely tops it IMO, but Woods V is amazing.

I hope that record grows on me throughout the year. I just didn't have that magical reaction to it I was hoping for.

hb420
02-02-2012, 11:05 PM
I hope that record grows on me throughout the year. I just didn't have that magical reaction to it I was hoping for.

For me it flushes out every idea Niege has been working on since Le Secret. Its the most fully formed Alcest release to date. There is something from every release in the eight songs that compose Les Voyages, plus new additions and experiments in its sound.

MPF
02-02-2012, 11:07 PM
For me it flushes out every idea Niege has been working on since Le Secret. Its the most fully formed Alcest release to date. There is something from every release in the eight songs that compose Les Voyages, plus new additions and experiments in its sound.

When I say that elsewhere. I get shit for it. Its good to know I'm not alone.

hb420
02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
When I say that elsewhere. I get shit for it. Its good to know I'm not alone.

Yeah you said that in your top 50 thread man, and you're 100% right at least to me. I feel that release will be untouchable, as the year goes on but we'll see. I just feel like its perfect.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Have you checked out that Lethian Dreams album? I could be mistaken, but I think it may be up your alley. Despite a considerable lack of variation, it's essentially a really good record.

Also, "Kingdom" by Taranis is a great album that more or less went under the radar. The only reason I didn't mention it in my list above is because I haven't given it enough proper listens yet.

MPF
02-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah you said that in your top 50 thread man, and you're 100% right at least to me. I feel that release will be untouchable, as the year goes on but we'll see. I just feel like its perfect.

ON;y a couple people complained about it here. Elsewhere...HOLY FUCK!

It hasn't stopped being relevant to me yet. Along with Woods Of Ypres.

Epidemic Reign
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
ON;y a couple people complained about it here. Elsewhere...HOLY FUCK!

Really? I guess I'm not surprised, the post-black metal community is notorious for spawning elitist scum ;)

illuminatus917
02-02-2012, 11:51 PM
ON;y a couple people complained about it here.

Really? I guess I'm not surprised, the post-black metal community is notorious for spawning elitist scum ;)

WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING :mad:

illuminatus917
02-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Have you checked out that Lethian Dreams album? I could be mistaken, but I think it may be up your alley. Despite a considerable lack of variation, it's essentially a really good record.

Also, "Kingdom" by Taranis is a great album that more or less went under the radar. The only reason I didn't mention it in my list above is because I haven't given it enough proper listens yet.

I haven't listened to either of those. I'm going to sit down this weekend and do some serious listening. I said January was a slow month, but in all honesty I didn't listen to a lot. I'll try to check those out.

Epidemic Reign
02-03-2012, 12:07 AM
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING :mad:

I was actually referring to the second part of his comment :lol:

illuminatus917
02-03-2012, 01:49 PM
A Silver Mt. Zion - The West Will Rise Again (EP/7")

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/4865/coverhyi.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/coverhyi.jpg/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KICbbGXHcKY&feature=related

jhdeity
02-03-2012, 03:00 PM
The new Caliban is pretty decent. Cool covers on the Deluxe Edition too

MPF
02-03-2012, 10:45 PM
Flying Colors is out a little over a month a head of time.

I know everyone loves knocking Mike Portnoy, but this album is awesome. Really great Prog Rock mixed with 70's Hard Rock, Pop and a tad bit of Metal at times. This band needs to tour.

If you like Prog ROCK (not necessarily Metal) check this one out, it's definitely worth a listen.

illuminatus917
02-04-2012, 12:43 PM
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest (full length), to be released March 20

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/6489/rszifthesetreescouldtal.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/816/rszifthesetreescouldtal.jpg/)

Tracklisting:

1. Breath of Life
2. The First Fire
3. Barren Lands of the Modern Dinosaur
4. They Speak With Knives
5. The Gift of Two Rivers
6. Red Forest
7. Aleutian Clouds
8. Left to Rust and Rot
9. When the Big Hand Buries the Twelve

christopher
02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
The new Highlonesome album The Unholy Gospel According to Highlonesome is fucking AWESOME!!

Seventhzealot
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
The new Horrendous album is pretty good. Their artwork and band photos are quite reminiscent of Grave.

For those of you who like epic heavy metal, check out Hyborian Steel's new album. The vocals might take a while to grow on you though

hb420
02-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Alcest fans need to check out the new Discrets album out now, blows Les Voyages out of the water IMO.

jd091
02-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Alcest fans need to check out the new Discrets album out now, blows Les Voyages out of the water IMO.

Do you mean this new split they put out? I'm checking it out on Spotify right now.

Seventhzealot
02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Do you mean this new split they put out? I'm checking it out on Spotify right now.

No its a full album by Les Discrets.

jd091
02-04-2012, 09:47 PM

Okay, I found it now. Downloading as we speak.

And speaking of new albums... I just listened to this:

Thinking it was the same band who did this:
http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/88820c36884e717773c26f1a397d84c9/100895.jpg

Goddamn, I was wrong. :lol:

Rocco44
02-04-2012, 09:52 PM

They have a new album out? Sweet!

Seventhzealot
02-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Okay, I found it now. Downloading as we speak.

And speaking of new albums... I just listened to this:

Thinking it was the same band who did this:
http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/88820c36884e717773c26f1a397d84c9/100895.jpg

Goddamn, I was wrong. :lol:

How was the German Necronomicon though? I just downloaded their album, will give it a listen tomorrow.

Seventhzealot
02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Nocturnal Torment who were formed way back in 1988 as a thrash band are ready to release their first full-length in a few days.

Check this album out for some old school death metal lost in time.

jd091
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
How was the German Necronomicon though? I just downloaded their album, will give it a listen tomorrow.

Wait, I don't see the second album popping up. I meant THIS one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_INayekeStns/TCVfHF18YnI/AAAAAAAABMA/5eAHh0aUlCc/s1600/Necronomicon.jpg

...who are Canadian, and fucking KILLED it live. I wasnt a fan of that thrashy stuff from the other band.

hb420
02-05-2012, 05:12 AM
new top ten 2/5/12

1. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees
2. Alcest - Les Voyages De L'Ame
3. Woods of Ypres - Woods V
4. Behold The Monolith - Defender, Redeemist
5. Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II
6. Verdun - The Cosmic Escape of Admiral Masuka
7. Swallow The Sun - Emerald Forest and the Blackbird
8. Horrendous - The Chills
9. Fucked Up - Year of the Tiger
10. Apocalipsis - Apocalipsis

BloodoftheKings
02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Has anyone heard "Crippled Black Phoenix - (Mankind) The Crafty Ape"? It hit #1 on rym and i'm listening to a song right now. It's not bad.

larvtard
02-05-2012, 03:34 PM

sososososososososo fucking good

dcmetal108
02-05-2012, 07:13 PM
new top ten 2/5/12

1. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees
4. Behold The Monolith - Defender, Redeemist
5. Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II
6. Verdun - The Cosmic Escape of Admiral Masuka
7. Swallow The Sun - Emerald Forest and the Blackbird
9. Fucked Up - Year of the Tiger
10. Apocalipsis - Apocalipsis

????????

Natrlhi
02-06-2012, 09:32 AM
If These Trees Could Talk - Red Forest (full length), to be released March 20

http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/6489/rszifthesetreescouldtal.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/816/rszifthesetreescouldtal.jpg/)

Tracklisting:

1. Breath of Life
2. The First Fire
3. Barren Lands of the Modern Dinosaur
4. They Speak With Knives
5. The Gift of Two Rivers
6. Red Forest
7. Aleutian Clouds
8. Left to Rust and Rot
9. When the Big Hand Buries the TwelveI talked about this in my Russian Circles gig report (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18732&highlight=deafheaven+grog) from last November. Looks like they are right on schedule.

Fucking awesome.

:party: :rocker: :party:

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
????????

It's just a single.

King Slender
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Not usually my kinda thing, but I'm liking this.

hb420
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
New Orange Goblin destroys.. :drool:

dcmetal108
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM
It's just a single.

Ok, I was like WTF they don't have a new cd.

Seventhzealot
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
So has anyone listened to the new Wolfsbane yet?

hellawaits77ny
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM
1. Coldworker - The Doomsayer's Call

I respect your tastes, so I gotta check this out.

Epidemic Reign
02-07-2012, 01:54 AM
I respect your tastes, so I gotta check this out.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I hope you enjoy the album as much as I do. I've been a big fan of Coldworker since their debut, but I think that over time they have seriously progressed into a force to be reckoned with in the realm of extreme metal.

hellawaits77ny
02-07-2012, 02:11 AM
Finally checked out the new Decaying. Couldn't get into it. Definately some solid riffage and some good song structures, just nothing wowed me. Not terrible. I think they have some potential though, as they're young and talented musicians.

Epidemic Reign
02-07-2012, 11:16 PM
New Moonspell artwork revealed:

http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1379/moonspellalpha.jpg

April 27th

Seventhzealot
02-08-2012, 08:25 AM
Interesting artwork. Looking forward to this!:party:

illuminatus917
02-08-2012, 09:10 AM
I know it's pretty nitpicky and whatnot, but I miss old black metal logos.

illuminatus917
02-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Akphaezya - Anthology IV: The Tragedy of Nerak

http://i44.tinypic.com/2r78p4z.jpg

Release date: March 4, 2012 (I believe)

Track listing:

1. Πρόλογος / Prologos
2. Scene I : A slow vertigo...
3. Scene II : Σωφροσύνη / Sophrosyne
4. Scene I : Utopia
5. Scene II : Υβρις / Húbris
6. Transe H.L. 2
7. Scene I : Genesis
8. Scene II : Dystopia
9. Scene I : Nemesis
10. Scene II : ...The harsh verdict
11. Επιλογος / Epilogos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDKaSJd3rMs

illuminatus917
02-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Drudkh - Вічний Оберт Колеса (Eternal Turn of the Wheel)

http://i43.tinypic.com/n5lpuv.jpg

Release date: February 24, 2012

Track listing:

1. Eternal Circle (01:17)
2. Breath of Cold Black Soil (10:04)
3. When Gods Leave Their Emerald Halls (9:39)
4. Farewell to Autumn's Sorrowful Birds (8:02)
5. Night Woven of Snow, Winds and Grey-Haired Stars (8:12)

Epidemic Reign
02-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Really looking forward to both of those, especially Akphaezya :party:

street_burial
02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
1. Alcest- Les Voyages De L’âme
2. Aborted- Global Flatline
3. Lamb Of God- Resolution
4. Swallow The Sun- Emerald Forest and The Blackbird
5. Orange Goblin– A Eulogy For The Damned
6. Abigail Williams- Becoming
7. Game Over– For Humanity
8. Azaghal– Nemesis
9. Iron Reagan- Demo
10. Biohazard– Reborn in Defiance
11. Caliban- I Am Nemesis
12. Psycroptic- Inherited Repression
13. Bleeding Through- The Great Fire

been a good year so far.

christopher
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Viva Le Vox - Dirt For Sale is such an amazing cd!!

OraclesofAgony
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I've only listened to Aborted so far this year. The next album I hear will probably be Goatwhore.

christopher
02-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I've only listened to Aborted so far this year. The next album I hear will probably be Goatwhore.

I've only listened to Highlonesome and Viva Le Vox. I can't wait to hear the new Goatwhore on Tuesday. I really want to go see them, but I'm out of money as of now :hecho:

OraclesofAgony
02-09-2012, 08:17 PM
I've only listened to Highlonesome and Viva Le Vox. I can't wait to hear the new Goatwhore on Tuesday. I really want to go see them, but I'm out of money as of now :hecho:

That sucks. I'll most likely be going.

christopher
02-09-2012, 08:20 PM
That sucks. I'll most likely be going.

Yeah, I just checked my bank statement and I put too much money in my booze fund this month so after tonight, I have to stay in for a while. Hopefully my next paycheck can cover the Goatwhore show.

hellawaits77ny
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I just checked my bank statement and I put too much money in my booze fund this month.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Been there, done that.

brutal_descent
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I've only listened to to the new Alcest and Lamb of God records this year, need to check out that Goatwhore record as well as Les Discrets.

Seventhzealot
02-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Has the new Goatwhore been released?

OraclesofAgony
02-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Has the new Goatwhore been released?

Next Tuesday. I don't think it has leaked yet. They shipped my preorder today so I will probably get it on Monday or Tuesday.

Seventhzealot
02-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Next Tuesday. I don't think it has leaked yet. They shipped my preorder today so I will probably get it on Monday or Tuesday.

Ah I see. So the Earth and Orange Goblin records is the only new stuff I'm yet to hear!

OraclesofAgony
02-11-2012, 09:27 PM
Got my Goatwhore preorder. The album rules! :horns:

OraclesofAgony
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
After seeing Royal Thunder live I'm very much looking forward to their new album this year.

treghet
02-11-2012, 10:00 PM
After seeing Royal Thunder live I'm very much looking forward to their new album this year.

Seconded.

brutal_descent
02-12-2012, 02:28 AM
1. Wood of Ypres - Grey Skies & Electric Light
2. Alcest - Les voyages de l'ame
3. Lamb of God - Resolution

mastodon421
02-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Got my Goatwhore preorder. The album rules! :horns:

Good to hear. It still hasn't leaked yet:hecho:

jd091
02-12-2012, 01:51 PM
Aw fuck, the new Psycroptic came out and I didn't even realize it?! :eek:

On the third song right now, and it's aaaaaaawesome. Great tech/death in my opinion.

Rocco44
02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Seconded.

Thirded. Solid band for sure

OraclesofAgony
02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Aw fuck, the new Psycroptic came out and I didn't even realize it?! :eek:

On the third song right now, and it's aaaaaaawesome. Great tech/death in my opinion.

I'll have to give that a listen.

slapguitarer
02-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Thirded. Solid band for sure

4th'd

OraclesofAgony
02-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Just finished listening to the new Psycroptic. It has some good riffs but as a whole it didn't really grab my attention too much. It's good, but I don't think I'll be listening to it much in the future. And I don't like those vocals. I'm sure Spawn of Possession's "Incurso" will be better to me as far as this year's tech death goes.

Dextrimental
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Alcest and Lamb of God are currently holding the title for my favorite 2012 albums, with Noir Tone by Zelliack being my favorite EP. New Veil of Maya, is next on my radar, Vicious Circles was great so hopefully the album lives up to that!

Seventhzealot
02-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Just finished listening to the new Psycroptic. It has some good riffs but as a whole it didn't really grab my attention too much. It's good, but I don't think I'll be listening to it much in the future. And I don't like those vocals. I'm sure Spawn of Possession's "Incurso" will be better to me as far as this year's tech death goes.

Yeah I listened to it a fortnight ago and it didn't really stick with me apart from a couple of songs. I was more impressed with Horrendous who I listened to on the same night.

I'm looking forward to "Incurso" too! :party:

Epidemic Reign
02-12-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm really digging the new Psycroptic. I was expecting worse.

I wasn't a huge fan of the vocals on the last album, but I don't mind them as much this time around.

hb420
02-12-2012, 09:44 PM
New List 2/12

1. Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
4. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned
5. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees...
6. Behold! The Monolith - Defender, Redeemist
7. Horrendous - The Chills
8. Uzala - Uzala
9. Cold Body Radiation - Deer Twilight
10. Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II

Seventhzealot
02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
I'm not even through the whole album but I think it pretty much looks like "Sorrow and Extinction" is the album of the year for me at this point.

hb420
02-12-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm not even through the whole album but I think it pretty much looks like "Sorrow and Extinction" is the album of the year for me at this point.

Wait til you get to "Given To The Grave" man. :drool:

hellawaits77ny
02-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Dude, Alcest and Pallbearer have given more orgasms on this website than the Big 4 have combined. That's a shame.

hb420
02-13-2012, 12:06 AM
Dude, Alcest and Pallbearer have given more orgasms on this website than the Big 4 have combined. That's a shame.

Those are the two best cds to get released this year so far, imo. I understand it's not what you're into. It's definitely not a shame though, each of those cds are miles better than the latest releases by the Big 4 again just my opinion.

christopher
02-13-2012, 12:08 AM
New Goatwhore is amazing!!!

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Those are the two best cds to get released this year so far, imo. I understand it's not what you're into. It's definitely not a shame though, each of those cds are miles better than the latest releases by the Big 4 again just my opinion.

They're more lauded at this website than any Big 4 release, period. And I go back to all 4 band's prime in the mid-late 80's. And that IS a shame.

I don't care who likes what, this is just what I think.

hb420
02-13-2012, 12:25 AM
They're more lauded at this website than any Big 4 release, period. And I go back to all 4 band's prime in the mid-late 80's. And that IS a shame.

How many people have been talking about Pallbearer exactly? Four including myself, that really is a lot of people. :rolleyes: As for Alcest I could see where that's coming from a lot more, but still to stay they get more praise than the Big 4 in general is ridiculous. It's still nowhere near the majority of our regular posters that like them I believe, much less give them the type of praise you're claiming.

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2012, 01:14 AM
How many people have been talking about Pallbearer exactly? Four including myself, that really is a lot of people. :rolleyes: As for Alcest I could see where that's coming from a lot more, but still to stay they get more praise than the Big 4 in general is ridiculous. It's still nowhere near the majority of our regular posters that like them I believe, much less give them the type of praise you're claiming.

I'm obviously exxagerating. Basically what I'm getting at is how much praise they're getting here. That Alcest album, man, I can't remember an album getting so much praise. Maybe there have been some, but I don't recall.

SomewhereInTime72
02-13-2012, 01:36 AM

The thing is that almost everyone already knows and loves all the best big 4 albums, and this shit be new and exciting. So everyone is focusing talking about the new and exciting shit for the time being. Over the course of years I think that big 4 gets a lot more discussion and praise. :eyes:

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2012, 03:15 AM
See my above post

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 08:39 AM

I don't see why that's such a shame because both those albums have been fantastic and last I've checked, the latest output from the Big 4, save for Anthrax, has ranged from the mediocre to the absolutely ludicrous.

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm sure if this board existed in the 80's those Big 4 albums would have been creamed all over on, people just tend to talk more about new and exciting albums coming out :)

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Wait til you get to "Given To The Grave" man. :drool:

Getting back to the music, have to say it surpassed my expectations, this album. Seems they have really refined their sound after that demo two years back!

BloodoftheKings
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
The punk fans on here might wanna get on this. Jesse Michaels from Operation Ivy has a new band called Classics of Love and their debut album is streaming here (http://www.purevolume.com/news/Classics-of-Love-Stream-New-Self-Titled-Album).

EDIT: This is my new album of the year.

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I don't see why that's such a shame because both those albums have been fantastic and last I've checked, the latest output from the Big 4, save for Anthrax, has ranged from the mediocre to the absolutely ludicrous.

You obviously didn't take the extra 30 seconds to read my last post. And I didn't say "the latest output", if you were to take said 30 seconds, you would have seen my actual words were "the Big 4 have COMBINED".

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 09:20 PM
You obviously didn't take the extra 30 seconds to read my last post. And I didn't say "the latest output", if you were to take said 30 seconds, you would have seen my actual words were "the Big 4 have COMBINED".

I read your entire post. I addressed that issue in my next post where I stated that if this board existed in the 80's all of those Big 4 albums would have been creamed upon. Its just natural that people get excited about new stuff coming out. That said, whenever people make "Best of" lists, you still see people in a frenzy over those Big 4 albums from the 80's, myself included.

OraclesofAgony
02-13-2012, 09:47 PM
The new Goatwhore has leaked, for those interested.

illuminatus917
02-13-2012, 09:48 PM
Well this is a pretty dumb argument.

If it's any consolation to you, there are two Big 4 albums on my "greatest albums of all time list" that have practically zero chance of being surpassed by any album that comes out this year.

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Well this is a pretty dumb argument.

If it's any consolation to you, there are two Big 4 albums on my "greatest albums of all time list" that have practically zero chance of being surpassed by any album that comes out this year.

There you go, my point exactly.

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 10:03 PM
The new Goatwhore has leaked, for those interested.

Yep. listened to it twice and I think I like it better than their last CD for sure.

OraclesofAgony
02-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Yep. listened to it twice and I think I like it better than their last CD for sure.

Yeah I like it more than Carving, and I love Carving too. It's just awesome, so many great riffs. And Ben's vocals are so good.

Seventhzealot
02-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah I like it more than Carving, and I love Carving too. It's just awesome, so many great riffs. And Ben's vocals are so good.

Yeah, Carving was my favorite album of theirs before this too. The riffs do indeed make the album. Excited to see these guys on SS now :party:

hellawaits77ny
02-13-2012, 10:15 PM
Finally listened to the new Lamb o' God a few times all the way through, so I think I can do a short review.

After listening to the first 3 songs, I was like :eek:! Straight For The Sun, Desolation and Ghost Walking are all really solid, IMO. Guilty is also pretty good I think. Based on those 4 songs, I was thinking "holy shit, this album kills". But songs 5-9 (or so) are all really generic LOG-sounding, w/o much sticking out. They aren't neccessarily bad, but certainly not outstanding. The last 5 tracks, though, are much better. Insurrection is a pretty solid track, and the closer King Me, is a great tune. Call me crazy, but Randy's clean vocals (or whatever you wanna call them) are actually good IMO. I like how that tune has some melody without being ghey. Overall, a pretty solid album.

Overall : 7/10

HandOfDoom
02-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Loving the new Orange Goblin, great year for stoner/doom so far.

jhdeity
02-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Finally listened to the new Lamb o' God a few times all the way through, so I think I can do a short review.

After listening to the first 3 songs, I was like :eek:! Straight For The Sun, Desolation and Ghost Walking are all really solid, IMO. Guilty is also pretty good I think. Based on those 4 songs, I was thinking "holy shit, this album kills". But songs 5-9 (or so) are all really generic LOG-sounding, w/o much sticking out. They aren't neccessarily bad, but certainly not outstanding. The last 5 tracks, though, are much better. Insurrection is a pretty solid track, and the closer King Me, is a great tune. Call me crazy, but Randy's clean vocals (or whatever you wanna call them) are actually good IMO. I like how that tune has some melody without being ghey. Overall, a pretty solid album.

Overall : 7/10

I kinda thought the same thing after 2-3 listens. After 10-11 listens I love it and The Undertow is f'n incredible.

larvtard
02-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I listened to the new Goatwhore a couple of times and I think it's really good, just as good as, if not better than, Carving Out the Eyes of God, but I honestly don't enjoy these guys too much anymore. I dunno if it's overexposure (listening to them too much; I can't listen to Slayer anymore and for a LONG time I couldn't listen to Crack the Skye) or just my interest in metal in general is waning.

I also can't stand the groovy Motorhead-esque rock'n'roll riffs they throw in. I used to love the gimmick but now I just think it's stupid.

Crionics
02-14-2012, 04:02 PM
New Goatwhore was pretty sweet, 2nd best I've heard so far this year after Alcest.

jd091
02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
Oh my god, I am SOOOOO looking forward to this. :lol: That album artwork at the end! It's so terribly amazing! :lol: Holy shit yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f3Kos55yS5M

OraclesofAgony
02-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Oh my god, I am SOOOOO looking forward to this. :lol: That album artwork at the end! It's so terribly amazing! :lol: Holy shit yes.

WHY THE FUCK DID I CLICK?!?!?

I never learn.

hb420
02-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Loving the new Orange Goblin, great year for stoner/doom so far.

That it is, with the new OG, Pallbearer, Uzala, and Behold! The Monolith. :party: Can't with for what else is in store.

kalfitegrdan
02-15-2012, 12:53 AM

AOTY :lol:

illuminatus917
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Can't with for what else is in store.

If this year bears any resemblance to last, probably a ton of shit that's not even on our radar yet.

hb420
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
If this year bears any resemblance to last, probably a ton of shit that's not even on our radar yet.

I know exactly what you mean, this year will be great I know it. From everything thats been announced already alone 2011< 2012.

illuminatus917
02-15-2012, 03:07 PM
I know exactly what you mean, this year will be great I know it. From everything thats been announced already alone 2011< 2012.

I'm not sure I agree. There's definitely a possibility it could turn out that way, but there are a lot of 'what if' factors that will play key roles in determining that, that are as of yet unclear. 2011 was the perfect storm of awesomeness. 2012 will have a hard time surpassing it.

street_burial
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM

I actually kind of like that artwork. Hopefully this album won't be a massive pile of shit like every other release by them.

OraclesofAgony
02-15-2012, 03:30 PM
I actually kind of like that artwork. Hopefully this album won't be a massive pile of shit like every other release by them.

Yeah, good luck with that wish.

GarageMetal468
02-15-2012, 03:36 PM

This made me LOL hard

street_burial
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Maybe it'll just be a small pile of shit. Is what i mean by that.

dcmetal108
02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
I like Emmure too. I was just listening to them. :eyes:

street_burial
02-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I like Emmure too. I was just listening to them. :eyes:

I WANNA WATCH YOU SUCK HIS DICK.

jd091
02-15-2012, 04:10 PM

You have faith in this album, yet you think Speaker of the Dead was shit?

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/9371318.jpg

BloodoftheKings
02-15-2012, 04:30 PM
The new Goatwhore is pretty sick. Probably my new #1.

ShatteredFlame
02-15-2012, 05:53 PM
New Ceremony is weird. Not sure if I like it just yet.

HandOfDoom
02-15-2012, 06:03 PM
That it is, with the new OG, Pallbearer, Uzala, and Behold! The Monolith. :party: Can't with for what else is in store.

And Black Pyramid:blaze:

kalfitegrdan
02-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Just listened to the new Orange Goblin and I definitely liked it a lot.

For me the standout tracks were: Red Tide Rising, The Filthy and the Few, Death of Aquarius and A Eulogy for the Damned

And the tracks that I could have done without: Stand For Something and Save Me From Myself

Here's how the six albums that I've listened to so far this year rank up for me:
1. Goatwhore - Blood for the Master
2. Eluveitie - Helvetios
3. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy for the Damned
4. Lamb of God - Resolution
5. Primal Fear Unbreakable
6. Lacuna Coil Dark Adrenaline

Only the top 3 really have any potential to be on any year end lists for me.

christopher
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
New Ceremony is weird. Not sure if I like it just yet.

I haven't listened to Ceremony in about a year. I've been seeing people post the same thing on facebook. I just checked it out and WTF? That's terrible! haha

jd091
02-15-2012, 08:06 PM
I haven't listened to Ceremony in about a year. I've been seeing people post the same thing on facebook. I just checked it out and WTF? That's terrible! haha

Yeah, they definitely departed from punk. Not sure how I feel. I think it's gonna be good, but nowhere near enjoyable for me as Rohnert Park.

hellawaits77ny
02-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I kinda thought the same thing after 2-3 listens. After 10-11 listens I love it and The Undertow is f'n incredible.

Nice. Will definately continue to listen to it.

treghet
02-15-2012, 10:29 PM

Just listened to it.... wtf.

mastodon421
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Rankings so far:

1.Lamb of God-Resolution
2.Goatwhore-Blood for the Master
3.Aborted-Global Flatline
4.Eluveitie-Helveitos
5.Lacuna Coil-Dark Adrenaline
6.Van Halen-A Different Kind of Truth

Lamb of God is number 1 by far right now. The new Goatwhore is quite good as well. The rest range from pretty good to meh (Thankfully haven't heard anything too bad so far).

Seventhzealot
02-16-2012, 09:14 PM
For those interested, Satanic pop metal has leaked.

BloodoftheKings
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
For those interested, Satanic pop metal has leaked.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcvjdQH1s1qbxntw.gif

street_burial
02-16-2012, 09:17 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg79/risely_evan/GIFS/tumblr_ldgdw3lyG31qdagoe.gif

Seventhzealot
02-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Step aside, Morbid Angel. New club anthems have been procured.

MPF
02-17-2012, 01:39 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/431417_3257052275147_1532319053_2923088_581168990_ n.jpg

masterguy49
02-17-2012, 07:35 AM
Listened to Aborted finally and Orange Goblin, both great records. Also listening to the new Veil of Maya on Spotify, I'm digging it. Wouldn't mid seeing them on Summer Slaughter at all.

BloodoftheKings
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
Listened to Aborted finally and Orange Goblin, both great records. Also listening to the new Veil of Maya on Spotify, I'm digging it. Wouldn't mid seeing them on Summer Slaughter at all.

Quit wasting your time with these albums and listen to Satanic Pop Metal.

masterguy49
02-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Quit wasting your time with these albums and listen to Satanic Pop Metal.
Will do.

Seventhzealot
02-17-2012, 08:35 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/431417_3257052275147_1532319053_2923088_581168990_ n.jpg

The whole allure of the new album largely stems from their brazen admission of the same.

HandOfDoom
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
No real order, just jotting down my favorites so far.

Orange Goblin - Eulogy For the Damned
Black Pyramid - II
Stone Magnum - Stone Magnum
Pallbearer - Sorrow and Extinction
Uzala - Uzala
Lamb of God- Resolution
Van Halen - A Different Kind of Truth

Still have to listen to the new Earth

hb420
02-17-2012, 02:36 PM
New COC and Autopsy comp leaked. :D

MPF
02-17-2012, 02:46 PM
WHERE VINCE, WHERE?

street_burial
02-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Hey Grindfreaks. Listen to this album. I'm loving it so far.

RazorRape - Revenge Of The Hermaphrodite Whores

jd091
02-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey Grindfreaks. Listen to this album. I'm loving it so far.

Yeah... you might get grilled from the mods for that little perverted post.

street_burial
02-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Yeah... you might get grilled from the mods for that little perverted post.

didn't think about it. Just left the name of the band/album. In hindsight, should have just done that originally.

christopher
02-17-2012, 05:43 PM
didn't think about it. Just left the name of the band/album. In hindsight, should have just done that originally.

Yeah I posted the cover of Torsofuck's Errotic Diarrhea Fantasy one time and got the entire thread shut down :lol:

street_burial
02-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah I posted the cover of Torsofuck's Errotic Diarrhea Fantasy one time and got the entire thread shut down :lol:

Oh shit hahaha. That's not even really that bad compare to this one.

jd091
02-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of. :lol:

hb420
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
New List 2/17
Albums
4. Corrosion of Conformity - Corrosion of Conformity
5. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned
6. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees...
7. Behold! The Monolith - Defender, Redeemist
9. Uzala - Uzala
10. Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II

Songs
1. Alcest - Faiseurs De Mondes
2. Woods of Ypres - Adora Vivos
3. Pallbearer - Devoid of Redemption
4. Orange Goblin - Death of Aquarius
5. Corrosion of Conformity - River of Stone
6. Horrendous - Fleshrot
7. Les Discrets - La Nuit Muette
8. Uzala - Death Masque
9. Monarch - Black Becomes The Sun
10. Goatwhore - Embodiment of this Better Chaos

Seventhzealot
02-17-2012, 06:19 PM
For those who care, new UFO leaked.

Seventhzealot
02-17-2012, 06:34 PM
BLS fans should check out the self-titled debut album by Devil's Train featuring the Stratovarius drummer. It just leaked today. Not bad at all.

mastodon421
02-18-2012, 12:21 PM
The new Veil of Maya has leaked for the 2-3 people on here that care.

jd091
02-18-2012, 12:29 PM
The new Veil of Maya has leaked for the 2-3 people on here that care.

Also streaming on Spotify. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Sounds like b-sides from Id.

street_burial
02-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Just listened to the new Pallbearer album. It isn't bad. Could have been a lot better but still.

hellawaits77ny
02-18-2012, 03:20 PM
Just listened to the new Pallbearer album. It isn't bad. Could have been a lot better but still.

UH-OH!!!!!!!!! Be prepared to get castrated!

Seventhzealot
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
UH-OH!!!!!!!!! Be prepared to get castrated!

:tp:

hellawaits77ny
02-18-2012, 04:40 PM
:tp:

:lol:

hellawaits77ny
02-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Beneath The Massacre's new album Incongruous is actually pretty good. 'Symptoms' and 'Hopes' are both really good tunes. Lot's of good techincal riffs throughout, and it seems like they made a concious effort to be less deathcore-y than previous albums. On a lesser impressive note, as all BTM releases have had, many of the songs sound too much alike. I still think it's a pretty solid album, though.

mastodon421
02-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Also streaming on Spotify. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Sounds like b-sides from Id.

I think it's great. Quite a bit better than (id) and without a doubt, my favorite record of theirs to date.

jd091
02-18-2012, 08:18 PM
I think it's great. Quite a bit better than (id) and without a doubt, my favorite record of theirs to date.

Only given it one listen so far, but nothing came close to being as good as id.

Indestructible
02-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Is there suppose to be a new Tool album this year?

BloodoftheKings
02-18-2012, 11:15 PM
Kinda wanna keep up the whole calendar thing. Here's what we got for march, feel free to add anything missing.

06 Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
09 Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent
12 Gorod - A Perfect Absolution
12 Angel Witch - As Above, So Below
13 Impending Doom - Baptized In Filth
13 Soulfly - Enslaved
13 Adrenaline Mob - Omertá
13 Cannibal Corpse - Torture
23 Meshuggah - Koloss
23 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
27 God Forbid - Equilibrium
27 The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
27 Hour Of Penance - Sedition
27 Overkill - The Electric Age
30 Ministry - Relapse

treghet
02-18-2012, 11:27 PM

Looking forward to these ones. :cool:

OraclesofAgony
02-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Kinda wanna keep up the whole calendar thing. Here's what we got for march, feel free to add anything missing.

06 Every Time I Die - Ex Lives
09 Epica - Requiem For The Indifferent
13 Impending Doom - Baptized In Filth
13 Soulfly - Enslaved
13 Adrenaline Mob - Omertá
13 Cannibal Corpse - Torture
23 Meshuggah - Koloss
23 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
27 God Forbid - Equilibrium
27 The Mars Volta - Noctourniquet
30 Ministry - Relapse

March is going to kick so much ass.

hb420
02-19-2012, 01:37 AM
New Christian Mistress leaked! :party:,

Epidemic Reign
02-19-2012, 01:56 AM
13 Barren Earth - The Devil's Resolve
13 Sigh - In Somniphobia
13 Spawn of Possession - Incurso
27 Borknagar - Urd
27 Naglfar - Téras

Akphaezya - Anthology IV: The Tragedy of Nerak was also announced for March, but I don't believe the exact date has been specified yet.

OraclesofAgony
02-19-2012, 01:58 AM
13 Sigh - In Somniphobia
13 Spawn of Possession - Incurso
27 Borknagar - Urd
27 Naglfar - Téras

Akphaezya - Anthology IV: The Tragedy of Nerak was also announced for March, but I don't believe the exact date has been specified yet.

Oh shit! Forgot this was comin out so soon. March just got even better. God damn.

treghet
02-19-2012, 02:46 AM

I hope this is as good as the first album.

mastodon421
02-19-2012, 08:28 AM
The new Black Breath comes out on March 27th. March is looking damn good, I am excited for the new Every Time I Die, Cannibal Corpse, God Forbid, Mars Volta, Meshuggah, 3 Inches of Blood, Overkill, and Black Breath.

Seventhzealot
02-19-2012, 12:05 PM
New Christian Mistress album has leaked today. I was looking forward to this :)

Addicted2metal
02-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Satanic pop metal bizarre :eyes:

hb420
02-20-2012, 11:31 AM
New Drudkh leaked! :party: really excited for that seems like its going to be way better than the last couple based off the two songs that were streaming.

street_burial
02-20-2012, 11:41 AM
The new Drudkh :drool::drool::drool:

Seventhzealot
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
New Drudkh leaked! :party: really excited for that seems like its going to be way better than the last couple based off the two songs that were streaming.

Damn, half an hour late :mad: This is going to be good!

Seventhzealot
02-20-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXhyzGc7_pc

New Asphyx video. Don't know if this was posted here before.

hb420
02-20-2012, 12:50 PM
New List 2/ 20

3. Christian Mistress - Possession
4. Woods of Ypres - Woods V
5. Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel
6. Orange Goblin - A Eulogy For The Damned
7. Les Discrets - Ariettes Oubliees...
9. Behold! The Monolith - Defender, Redeemist
10. Uzala - Uzala

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2012, 02:14 PM
My top 5 most anticipated albums at the moment:

Brendon Small - Galaktikon
Cannibal Corpse - Torture
Overkill - The Electric Age
Municipal Waste - The Fatal Feast
3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal

Epidemic Reign
02-20-2012, 04:51 PM
My top 5 most anticipated:

Epica - Requiem for the Indifferent
Sigh - In Somniphobia
Paradise Lost - Tragic Idol
Xandria - Neverworld's End
Akphaezya - Anthology IV

Seventhzealot
02-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Jumping on the top five bandwagon

Daylight Dies - Unnamed album
Gojira - ?
Spawn of Possession - Incurso
Candlemass - final album :(

OraclesofAgony
02-20-2012, 10:51 PM
Might as well, my top 5 anticapted:

Hour of Penance - Sedition
Nile
Katatonia

hb420
02-21-2012, 12:00 AM
My five top anticipated at the moment are:

Ministry - Relapse
Portal
Atriarch
Baroness

kalfitegrdan
02-21-2012, 04:58 AM
Because I'm just a sheep...

Five most anticipated:

Torture Killer - I Chose Death (EP)
Korpiklaani - Kunnia
Unleashed Odalheim

Nater
02-21-2012, 06:20 AM
I might as well hop on this as well

Hour of Penance
Cynic
Overkill
3 Inches of Blood
Cannibal Corpse.

Spiner202
02-21-2012, 06:47 AM
Kreator - Phantom Antichrist
Overkill - The Electric Age
Firewind - Few Against Many
Jeff Loomis - Plains of Oblivion
Wintersun - Time :eyes:

mastodon421
02-21-2012, 07:25 AM
My top 5 anticipated for the moment (I'm only counting records for the next couple months that have solid release dates):
1.Overkill-The Electric Age
2.God Forbid-Equillibrium
3.Every Time I Die-Ex Lives
4.Cannibal Corpse-Torture
5.3 Inches of Blood-Long Live Heavy Metal

hb420
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Napalm Death's Utilitarian leaked. :party:

Epidemic Reign
02-21-2012, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up :D

Seventhzealot
02-21-2012, 12:37 PM

:fist:

GarageMetal468
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM

That means Asphyx SHOULD be soon as well, as they're both being released on the same day. But I can't do shit about ND right now until the weekend.

street_burial
02-21-2012, 12:58 PM
It also means Cannibal Corpse will leak soon. :party:

Seventhzealot
02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
That means Asphyx SHOULD be soon as well, as they're both being released on the same day. But I can't do shit about ND right now until the weekend.
I did not think of this! YES! :fist:

It also means Cannibal Corpse will leak soon. :party:

Yeah probably give it another two weeks since its due March 13th

300%_Density
02-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Napalm Death is DL as we speak. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!! :party:

street_burial
02-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Napalm Death is DL as we speak. I cannot wait!!!!!!!!! :party:

It's pretty fucking awesome but not as great as I was hoping.

Spiner202
02-21-2012, 01:26 PM
All I can say about CC leaking is that it won't be me who leaks it. I already had one guy create an account asking for the songs, but obviously I wouldn't ever do that.

MPF
02-21-2012, 01:27 PM
All I can say about CC leaking is that it won't be me who leaks it. I already had one guy create an account asking for the songs, but obviously I wouldn't ever do that.

I get this all the time from people when they find out that I got a promo album.

I'll show them OTHER links that are out there, but I'm not giving them mine.

masterguy49
02-21-2012, 02:03 PM

link?

mankvill
02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Sometimes I wish I would allow myself to download leaks. :D

300%_Density
02-21-2012, 03:21 PM
It's pretty fucking awesome but not as great as I was hoping.

Damn. I use The Code Is Red through Time Waits as my reference point for recent Napalm releases since I know they won't do any grind records like they did back in the day, how would this compare to Code through Time albums?

the deathmetaler
02-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Once Cannibal Corpse's new album is leaked, could someone let me know? Like just send me a message or something.

OraclesofAgony
02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Once Cannibal Corpse's new album is leaked, could someone let me know? Like just send me a message or something.

What's going on with that Amon album man?

Last thing I heard was that it was supposed to come out late January after being pushed back from last year. :(

Not that you would know, just saw the avatar and it reminded me about it. :lol:

dcmetal108
02-21-2012, 07:52 PM
New Veil Of Maya leaked.

BloodoftheKings
02-21-2012, 08:28 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/430354_10150580852439353_214153509352_8883526_1930 447728_n.jpg

Pumped for this.

street_burial
02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
New Veil Of Maya leaked.

http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/9/9b/Slowpoke.png

jd091
02-21-2012, 09:05 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/430354_10150580852439353_214153509352_8883526_1930 447728_n.jpg

Pumped for this.

Holy shit yes. One of my most anticipated releases of the year! :party: Love that cover, too, for some reason.

hellawaits77ny
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I'll jump on the wagon, too :

1) Cannibal Corpse - Torture
2) Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme
3) Suffocation
4) JFAC
5) Terror

the deathmetaler
02-22-2012, 06:16 AM
What's going on with that Amon album man?

Last thing I heard was that it was supposed to come out late January after being pushed back from last year. :(

Not that you would know, just saw the avatar and it reminded me about it. :lol:

Well. I do talk to their bassist Jesse on Facebook quite often. He said that Eric is still getting all the legal stuff together for the album version.

Epidemic Reign
02-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Xandria leaked :lovedup:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/xandrianeverworld.jpg

Seventhzealot
02-22-2012, 10:36 PM
http://official.fm/tracks/346791

:eyes:

christopher
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
http://official.fm/tracks/346791

:eyes:

weird but thanks so I can listen :lol:

Edit: There are some pretty lame parts, but I fucking love most of it!! I can't wait for it to come out on Friday so I can listen to it in my car :D

Seventhzealot
02-23-2012, 01:43 PM
New Asphyx leaked!!! :party:

Seventhzealot
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
weird but thanks so I can listen :lol:

Edit: There are some pretty lame parts, but I fucking love most of it!! I can't wait for it to come out on Friday so I can listen to it in my car :D

There was a shitstorm in the comments on that post by the MA fb page and they subsequently posted this update. :D

This was posted just for your interest. It really has nothing to do with Morbid Angel, other then some of the songs from the last album being done by other artist. This is nothing new.....it's been done many times before with other Morbid Angel albums...so just listen if you like, but think before posting....

OraclesofAgony
02-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Finally giving the new Napalm Death a listen. It's good stuff.

the deathmetaler
02-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah dude. I think the album is great. I need to give it a few more listens to see if it tops "Time Waits For No Slave".

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2012, 04:57 PM
New Asphyx leaked!!! :party:

This has turned out to be a damned good week :rocker:

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Apparently Terrorizer and the new Rage leaked as well. Hot damn.

OraclesofAgony
02-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Apparently Terrorizer and the new Rage leaked as well. Hot damn.

I looked for Terrorizer when I dled the new Napalm Death but couldn't find it. Guess I should look again.

And oh shit didn't see the post about Apshyx, I'll have to grab that too.

dcmetal108
02-23-2012, 05:29 PM
I can't even find a good site to get metal cd's that are leaked from.

street_burial
02-23-2012, 05:31 PM
The new Terrorizer is pretty fucking amazing.

Seventhzealot
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
The Asphyx album has been pretty solid so far. Great mix of the faster, more brutal songs with the slower, more doomy songs.

dcmetal108
02-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Someone needs to PM a site that I can get all these new cds from.

OraclesofAgony
02-23-2012, 07:09 PM
There's no particular site I use. I just use google and hope there's a mediafire link. If not I have to do a bit more digging.

OraclesofAgony
02-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Pete's a beast as always on the new Terrorizer. Pretty solid album overall. And Dave Vincent managed not to mess it up.

Seventhzealot
02-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Pete's a beast as always on the new Terrorizer. Pretty solid album overall. And Dave Vincent managed not to mess it up.

Wish I could say the same about Morbid Angel last year :(

I think I don't like about those sites though are that none of them run through a torrent program so it take FOREVER!

Well it takes around 5-10 minutes for me per album so I never use torrents ;)

slapguitarer
02-23-2012, 08:54 PM
All I've listened to from 2012 is Alcest, Abigail Williams, and Apocalipsis. What should I check out?

I know Orange Goblin and Pallbearer are ones I should check out.

Seventhzealot
02-23-2012, 08:56 PM
All I've listened to from 2012 is Alcest, Abigail Williams, and Apocalipsis. What should I check out?

I know Orange Goblin and Pallbearer are ones I should check out.

If you liked Alcest, you should check out Les Discrets too. Add Earth and RAM to that doom/classic list. On the death metal front, the new Asphyx and Terrorizer should catch your fancy ;)

Oh and the new Swallow The Sun album isn't too bad either.

OraclesofAgony
02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
On my second listen of Utilitarian, and it's even better than the first. Really digging this album.

Epidemic Reign
02-23-2012, 09:29 PM

Something that doesn't start with the letter A :D