PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Bells/Diplo/Liturgy February Tour

masterguy49
12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
.....Florida exclusive tour

http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/CHANNEL_IMAGES/CITY_GUIDE/2011/12/content/sleighbells_fullsize.jpg

Sweet I'll be seeing Liturgy! :D

Seventhzealot
12-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Wait..What?

masterguy49
12-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Wait..What?

Rejoice fellow Floridian, we got something! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Seventhzealot
12-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Rejoice fellow Floridian, we got something! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

The line-up is random as fuck though :lol:

masterguy49
12-07-2011, 10:08 AM
The line-up is random as fuck though :lol:

Agree :lol:

But Liturgy is awesome regardless of the line-up!

Seventhzealot
12-07-2011, 10:19 AM
I had to google Diplo and Sleigh Bells :eyes:

But anyway, this is coming to Gainesville so I'll end up going if tickets are reasonably priced :D

TonyD
12-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Fuck that

larvtard
12-07-2011, 11:31 AM
isn't diplo dubstep?

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Sleigh Bells is awesome

jd091
12-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Hold on, I need to put on my Ray-bands and grab a PBR in order to read this article.

mankvill
12-07-2011, 12:25 PM
lmfao

Not saying you should hate a band if you think they are hipsters, but this tour definitely ain't helping Liturgy's image.

jd091
12-07-2011, 12:27 PM
lmfao

Not saying you should hate a band if you think they are hipsters, but this tour definitely ain't helping Liturgy's image.

:lol: Yeah, they're a good band. But goddamn it's easy to make fun of them.

Natrlhi
12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Excellent. First page worth of posts and you fuckers have already subscribed to two of the most common misconceptions / overgeneralizations on this board that drive me up a fucking wall, namely that:

Everything that is not metal (and even some things that are, apparently) is "hipster".
Everything that has a significant electronic influence in it is "dubstep".

Some of you people are fucking idiots. Seriously. :rolleyes:

larvtard
12-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Excellent. First page worth of posts and you fuckers have already subscribed to two of the most common misconceptions / overgeneralizations on this board that drive me up a fucking wall, namely that:

Everything that is not metal (and even some things that are, apparently) is "hipster".

hey, hey, hey, I've never even listened to Diplo, I just heard that term 'dupstep' being used for them.

I'm just confused why a transcendental black metal band would tour with an electronic artist :confused:

mankvill
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM

I at least do my research before hating a band, so it only SEEMS like irrational hate.

Seventhzealot
12-07-2011, 01:12 PM
hey, hey, hey, I've never even listened to Diplo, I just heard that term 'dupstep' being used for them.

I'm just confused why a transcendental black metal band would tour with an electronic artist :confused:

That's what I'm wondering about too. Probably to draw in more crowds. I'd bet if Liturgy alone played in Gainesville, they'd draw a crowd of a grand three people :lol:

Seventhzealot
12-07-2011, 01:13 PM

Also this.

Natrlhi
12-07-2011, 01:19 PM
hey, hey, hey, I've never even listened to Diplo, I just heard that term 'dupstep' being used for them.Fine, then the person who you allegedly heard saying this is an idiot. Along with several other folks I've seen make the same mistake on here.

bt11763
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
i would tots go to this

daimonos
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Out of the 3 or 4 (Zedsdead or whatever was another) electronic DJ's I've ever seen, Diplo was the best. He was actually pretty badass, but I was at a rave, so you can imagine where my head was at. Never again.

Fuck Liturgy.

twocentsup
12-08-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Liturgy but I think they're probably touring together because, yes there's a crowd that will eat this shit up AND the songwriter/guitarist/producer for Sleigh Bells was a guitarist in Poison The Well for a long while so they may know each other in some way through that. Diplo makes music with Sleigh Bells so I imagine that's why he's on the tour. Probably just a bunch of music they like/their friends and it's their home state so they figured why the fuck not.

Wizzbang11
12-08-2011, 08:10 AM
In defense of people calling Diplo dubstep, I havent heard of him before, but I did wikipedia Diplo and one of the listed genres was "dubstep", if you youtube Diplo you get videos like "Diplo dropping some MASSIVE dubstep", almost all his videos are tagged "dubstep" and from the 30 seconds of one video I heard it sounds a hell of a lot like dubstep (to the untrained ear.)

In fact, given the few electronic genres I am semi familiar with, if someone played me Diplo I'd probably say "that sounds like dubstep."

If a metal band are "hipsters" it's Liturgy, and from my wikipedia/youtube 5 min research of Sleigh Bells they seem to fit exactly what I think of when I think "poppy hipster music", so while Nat's complaints I'm sure are valid, in this instance I think the comments are totally justified.

Also Liturgy fucking suck.

DethMaiden
12-08-2011, 08:16 AM
http://www.idsnews.com/news/weekend/story.aspx?id=84578

twocentsup
12-08-2011, 08:25 AM
to me, Liturgy is definitely hipster metal haha. and Sleigh Bells is definitely a band listened to by hipsters.
I don't listen to either of these bands, but I don't mind them. Dude's "transcendental black metal" shit is gonna bring even more hipsters to black metal though. Which fucking sucks.

and as for Diplo, dude definitely does some dubstep. He does all kinds of shit so you can't really pinpoint him as "dubstep" but he's put together dubstep mixes, plays dubstep DJ sets, and has made dubstep music himself...So people thinking he's dubstep is pretty understandable.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
12-08-2011, 08:41 AM
I still don't get the appeal of dubstep, but oh well. I'll be the first to tell you that Sleigh Bells are a hipster band, but that doesn't mean you should disregard them. "Infinity Guitars" is one of my favorite songs of 2011. I'm considering making the 9 hour drive to see them in Orlando.

Also, not to derail this thread or anything, but speaking of hipster music, check out Childish Gambino. I'm not usually a fan of rap at all, but this guy is great, and definitely worth checking out.

Seventhzealot
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
I still don't get the appeal of dubstep, but oh well. I'll be the first to tell you that Sleigh Bells are a hipster band, but that doesn't mean you should disregard them. "Infinity Guitars" is one of my favorite songs of 2011. I'm considering making the 9 hour drive to see them in Orlando.

Also, not to derail this thread or anything, but speaking of hipster music, check out Childish Gambino. I'm not usually a fan of rap at all, but this guy is great, and definitely worth checking out.

Wouldn't the four hour drive to Jacksonville be shorter? ;)

mankvill
12-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Augh quit throwing "hipster" around like its a genre

larvtard
12-08-2011, 11:18 AM
Augh quit throwing "hipster" around like its a genre

It's a term that can apply to any genre ;)

mankvill
12-08-2011, 11:39 AM
It's a term that can apply to any genre ;)

Ya but that's like saying "Brazilian thrash metal" is a genre

illuminatus917
12-08-2011, 12:26 PM
Ya but that's like saying "Brazilian thrash metal" is a genre

The difference is, "Brazilian" is specific. If you say x is a Brazilian thrash band, it's clearly understood what's being said. It's an adjective that isn't a platitude.

mankvill
12-08-2011, 02:22 PM
The difference is, "Brazilian" is specific. If you say x is a Brazilian thrash band, it's clearly understood what's being said. It's an adjective that isn't a platitude.

YOU'RE A TOWEL

illuminatus917
12-08-2011, 02:31 PM
YOU'RE A TOWEL

:tongue: ;)

I'm on your side though, because if someone says x is a Brazilian thrash band, they've at least offered something concrete about the band. If someone says x is a hipster band (like larv), they've offered nothing of any real worth.

EDIT: I find it humorous how many threads digress into hipster debates.