View Full Version : GUNS N' ROSES to be inducted into the Hall of Fame

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Let the bitching commence :D

MetalIsArt
12-07-2011, 04:45 AM

No problem with it tbh.

I take it's only the original five members?

Steev
12-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Axl will be 7 hours late to accept

MetalIsArt
12-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Axl will be 7 hours late to accept

He won't come, maybe if Slash isn't there. :D

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 04:59 AM
No problem with it tbh.

Not sure what the rules are? Didn't they induct every member past and present when Metallica got in?

Sanitarium78
12-07-2011, 05:18 AM
No problem with it tbh.

I would think that Matt Sorum would be inducted to considering he was their drummer longer than Adler was.

Steev
12-07-2011, 05:20 AM
Not sure what the rules are? Didn't they induct every member past and present when Metallica got in?

as long as they recorded with the band(on major releases) they're in(meaning they'll be a million people from "Chinese Democracy")

and just for fun ten acts that should have been inducted first:
Rush
Kiss
Ted Nugent
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Motley Crue
Ronnie James Dio

and I can still think of others

Sanitarium78
12-07-2011, 05:36 AM
as long as they recorded with the band(on major releases) they're in

Really? I don't recall Dio or anybody else besides the original lineup getting inducted when Sabbath got it.

As long as it's the most popular version of the band they've got no problem inducting them but anything else they can't be bothered with. If they recorded on AFD and the Illusion albums then they're in when GNR gets inducted but if not, then they won't be.

Steev
12-07-2011, 05:46 AM
Really? I don't recall Dio or anybody else besides the original lineup getting inducted when Sabbath got it.

As long as it's the most popular version of the band they've got no problem inducting them but anything else they can't be bothered with. If they recorded on AFD and the Illusion albums then they're in when GNR gets inducted but if not, then they won't be.

depends on the band, in the case of Metallica 6 musicians were included

Sabbath was essentially the first 10 years of the band, keep in mind when Van Halen was inducted Sammy Hagar was

Sanitarium78
12-07-2011, 05:59 AM
depends on the band, in the case of Metallica 6 musicians were included

Sabbath was essentially the first 10 years of the band, keep in mind when Van Halen was inducted Sammy Hagar was

I would've liked if they would've at least inducted Dio with them and acknowledged his first two albums with Sabbath. H&H went platinum and TMR went gold in the US, so it's not like they completely fell off the edge of the world after Ozzy left.

There's no doubt that Sammy should've been inducted with VH. They remained very popular and successful with him and he made some great contributions to the bands catalog.

SirLardsAlot
12-07-2011, 06:07 AM
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

The Beastie Boys being inducted is far more excited. :party:

MetalIsArt
12-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Still a joke.

Where are Kiss, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, GLENN F*CKING HUGHES, Motörhead, Dio and RUSH?

And, you may kill me for this, but: where are Pixies & Nick Cave + Bad Seeds?

:bliss:

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 06:51 AM

But Gary Cherone wasn't?

If it's people who were part of the band (i.e. not just guests) when they recorded, then in:

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin'
Steven Adler
Duff McKagan
Matt Sorum
Gilby Clarke
Dizzy Reed
Buckethead
Bryan Mantia
Robin Finck
Ron Thal
Tommy Stinson
Chris Pitman
Richard Fortus
Frank Ferrer (only recorded four songs on CD though)

Out:
DJ Ashba
Paul Tobias (although was in the band when they recorded 'Oh My God', and contributed to CD)
Josh Freese (although was in the band when they recorded 'Oh My God', and contributed to CD)
Tracii Guns
Ole Beich
Rob Gardner

Do album sales come into it? Is it people who recorded on platinum certified albums or anything like that?

GarageMetal468
12-07-2011, 06:52 AM
wicked cool story bro

cradle_of_maiden
12-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Let the Eddie Trunk complain fest begin.....

SomewhereInTime72
12-07-2011, 09:35 AM

:cool:

Steev
12-07-2011, 09:44 AM
But Gary Cherone wasn't?

If it's people who were part of the band (i.e. not just guests) when they recorded, then in:

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin'
Steven Adler
Duff McKagan
Matt Sorum
Gilby Clarke
Dizzy Reed
Buckethead
Bryan Mantia
Robin Finck
Ron Thal
Tommy Stinson
Chris Pitman
Richard Fortus
Frank Ferrer (only recorded four songs on CD though)

Out:
DJ Ashba
Paul Tobias (although was in the band when they recorded 'Oh My God', and contributed to CD)
Josh Freese (although was in the band when they recorded 'Oh My God', and contributed to CD)
Tracii Guns
Ole Beich
Rob Gardner

Do album sales come into it? Is it people who recorded on platinum certified albums or anything like that?

it's really a grey area to be honest

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Not sure on the criteria for which members are inducted, but common sense says this band is being inducted due to Appetite For Destruction, GNR Lies, and Use Your Illusion 1 & 2.

Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin
Duff McKagan
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

Those are the members who played on the albums so in my opinion those should be the members that are inducted.

I think members who played primary instruments featured on a bands best selling albums should be inducted. For example...

I agree with Hagar being inducted with Van Halen. Van Halen actually sold more albums with Hagar over the DLR years. I prefer DLR era more, but the band was more successful with Hagar.

I also think Ronnie James Dio should have been inducted with Black Sabbath. Heaven & Hell and Mob Rules were both excellent, well received, popular albums when they were released.

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Axl Rose
Slash
Izzy Stradlin
Duff McKagan
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed

It would be a shame if the it were only the members for the first four albums, because that would exclude Gilby Clarke, who did almost all of the UYI touring.

Maidenmagic
12-07-2011, 10:18 AM
as long as they recorded with the band(on major releases) they're in(meaning they'll be a million people from "Chinese Democracy")

Rush
Kiss
Ted Nugent
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Motley Crue
Ronnie James Dio

I agree with most of these.In order to be get in the artist's first recording has to be twenty five years old. Appetite for destruction doesn't turn 25 until July! (And yet most of the other bands listed have been eligible for a lot longer.) Also don't agree with Beastie Boys and the red hot chilli peppers. (Who's next, Limp Bizkit?) I have no opinion on Donovan and whoever else is going in.

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 10:44 AM

Rush
Kiss
Ted Nugent
Deep Purple
Thin Lizzy
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden
Motorhead
Motley Crue
Ronnie James Dio

Rainbow before Crue.

Nater
12-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Let the Eddie Trunk complain fest begin.....

He's already on Twitter complaining about it and getting frustrated with fans asking him stuff.

mankvill
12-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Until Rush gets in, no one else should be inducted. It's embarrassing that they aren't in there yet.

dcmetal108
12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Until Rush gets in, no one else should be inducted. It's embarrassing that they aren't in there yet.

Its embarrassing that they aren't in yet GnR and RHCP are before them. Rock And Roll HOF = joke.

BloodoftheKings
12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

:party: I honestly don't give a shit about Guns N' Roses and it sickens me that this mess of a band that only has a couple good albums (general opinion, in my opinion they have none) gets inducted before Priest, Motorhead, Rush, Iron Maiden, etc.

NickLed19
12-07-2011, 01:53 PM
GNR
RHCP
Beastie Boys

solid group, imo.

llama lom
12-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Its embarrassing that they aren't in yet GnR and RHCP are before them. Rock And Roll HOF = joke.

Agreed 100%. Seriously, I want to punch the voters (whoever the hell they are) in the face.

Maidenmagic
12-08-2011, 05:37 AM

Somewhat agree but I think Deep Purple should go first, then Rush.

MetalIsArt
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Somewhat agree but I think Deep Purple should go first, then Rush.

Together. ;)

dcmetal108
12-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Agreed 100%. Seriously, I want to punch the voters (whoever the hell they are) in the face.

Its all politics. You really think the real fans would vote GnR , RHCP, and Beastie Boys above all the bands that havent been inducted.

JRA
12-08-2011, 06:09 PM

As overrated as I think the band is, I don't think anyone has a problem with them being inducted. Its who they haven't inducted that is.

Who the fuck is Laura Nyro?

llama lom
12-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Its all politics. You really think the real fans would vote GnR , RHCP, and Beastie Boys above all the bands that havent been inducted.

Which is why I want to punch them in the face.

powerslave_85
12-08-2011, 06:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/powerslave_85/beasties.gif

Shit yeah, son.

I've got no problem with GN'R making it in. Fuck the Red Hot Chili Peppers, though.

JRA
12-08-2011, 06:53 PM
The Beastie Boys definitely deserve it, but I was hoping Eric B. & Rakim would get in first. :(