christopher
12-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Let's move it all here. Source facebook and Setlist.fm

The Call of Ktulu
No Remorse (Full song)
The Shortest Straw
Leper Messiah
The Day That Never Comes
Carpe Diem Baby (First time ever played live)
Hate Train (Unreleased song. First time ever played live)
Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth cover) (Acoustic)
Wherever I May Roam (With a fan)
Sad But True (With John Marshall)
No Leaf Clover (with Apocalyptica)
One (with Apocalyptica)
Harvester of Sorrow (With Jason Newsted)
Damage Inc. (With Jason Newsted)
Motorcycle Man (Saxon cover) (With Biff Byford)
The Prince (Diamond Head cover) (With Sean Harris and Brian Tatler)
It's Electric (Diamond Head cover) (First time played live)
Helpless (Diamond Head cover) (With Sean Harris and Brian Tatler)
Am I Evil? (Diamond Head cover) (With Sean Harris and Brian Tatler)
Seek and Destroy (With Jason Newsted, John Marshall, Sean Harris, Brian Tatler, Biff Byford, Apocalyptica, and the Sou)

rjturtle9
12-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Fuck!

MPF
12-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Now that is a motherfucking Metallica setlist!

And just think....

This is only night 1!!!

christopher
12-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Ok, four Diamond Head songs are a bit much...

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 01:40 AM
Damn, it's almost two in the morning. I wonder how much longer they are going to play? That is pretty awesome that metallica is playing this late. :rocker:

Or wait, is the show over now?

bobbie solo
12-06-2011, 01:41 AM
while there is some really ridiculously goofy stuff in there (they always HAVE to ruin it, dont they?)...overall, holy mother of christ that's a fucking doooooope show. kudos to metallica. That just screams FUN if youre a big metallica nerd, and with all those guests i'd imagine they were having a blast too, which is what it's all about.

MPF
12-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Do you think it would be possible.....night 4.....

The Mechanix (With Dave Mustaine)

christopher
12-06-2011, 01:45 AM
Do you think it would be possible.....night 4.....

The Mechanix (With Dave Mustaine)

Oh that would be epic. I bet they do that the last night if anything, but who knows.

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh wow. Am i evil now? Damn. This is just getting ridiculous. And in a good way too :rocker: :flame: :rocker:

christopher
12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
It might be over. I haven't had an update in 10 minutes so who knows. That's a weird way to end the show.

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 01:53 AM
It might be over. I haven't had an update in 10 minutes so who knows. That's a weird way to end the show.

I'm pretty certain they would end the show with either creeping Death or Seek and Destroy. I would much prefer CD. i don't like how they tune their guitars for Seek and destroy. :hecho:

christopher
12-06-2011, 01:58 AM
There we go. Seek and Destroy with every one of the guests.

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 02:00 AM
There we go. Seek and Destroy with every one of the guests.

I just realized something here.

No master of puppets. :confused:

Oh well, I really like how they are really trying to change things up spice it up a bit(notice how there is no NOTHING ELSE MATTERS?). Hopefully they will tone it down a bit on the cover songs for the next few gigs. Either way, I'm very jelly on all the people that are going to this. :rocker:

christopher
12-06-2011, 02:03 AM

Oh well, I really like how they are really trying to change things up spice it up a bit(notice how there is no NOTHING ELSE MATTERS?). Hopefully they will tone it down a bit on the cover songs for the next few gigs. Either way, I'm very jelly on all the people that are going to this. :rocker:

No Enter the Sandman :party:

MPF
12-06-2011, 02:03 AM

I honestly hope Puppets, Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters will stay out of all 4 nights.

This is for the die hard fans, not just the FM fans. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
I honestly hope Puppets, Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters will stay out of all 4 nights.

FM :confused:

christopher
12-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Metallica's website says Pulling Teeth wasn't played??

Kmasterz12
12-06-2011, 02:08 AM
BTW Helpless and Am i Evil? Full Versions

MPF
12-06-2011, 02:10 AM
FM :confused:

FM radio.

The "Hey man, I love 'Tallica, I love that Enter Sandman song, that is so badass. Nothing Else Matters is the great song in the world. I'm going to go drink some more Pabst Blue Ribbon." kind of fans.

Sepultura69
12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
FM radio.

The "Hey man, I love 'Tallica, I love that Enter Sandman song, that is so badass. Nothing Else Matters is the great song in the world. I'm going to go drink some more Pabst Blue Ribbon." kind of fans.

ahahahahah, I read you loud and clear buddy!

Yeah, i gotta say even though this setlist is filled with some random stuff(like apocalyptic playing with them and a decent amount of cover songs), i must say i would most definitely be going ape shit at this show!

Oh and opening up with Call of the Kthulu is just. :drool:

i'm sure everyone at that show got there 6 dollars worth...

Damn i totally forgot it was only 6 bucks for this gig :flame:

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Damn that's awesome.

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I've already posted enough about this it PPM and Metpage, but all I'll say is this was sick. If this is Night 1, think about what they have in store for later in the week!!!

I'll be at Nights 3+4, so I hope their plain is to outdo themselves every night. I'd kill to see the live debuts of Loverman, Prince Charming, Ronnie, The House That Jack Built, Thorn Within, fiXXXer. All those deserve a :eyes: to all of you (probably), but I'd love to see 1 or any of them played live :rocker:

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 02:21 AM

Fuck yes:light::rocker:!! No possible way to say it any better!

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 02:31 AM
BTW Helpless and Am i Evil? Full Versions

I know. Amazing

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 03:21 AM
Just think, in a few months time they'll be on tour again and will be playing the same old sets again.

Nater
12-06-2011, 03:26 AM
I'd prolly get depressed hearing Pulling Teeth live because it's not Cliff playing it.:cool:

makethemsuffer12
12-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Holy shit Carpe Diem?! That's one of the best songs from Reload! I'm curious to hear this new song, too.

I'm hoping that in the next few shows they do:
A) The Frayed Ends of Sanity
B) Escape
C) To Live Is To Die
D) Play with the original lineup (Mustaine AND McGovney)

EDIT: Shit, didn't even realize "No Leaf" and "One" with Apocalyptica. Fuckin' A.

imanidiot777
12-06-2011, 03:44 AM
Goddamn myself for not making my way to Cali for this :mad:

Maidenmagic
12-06-2011, 03:51 AM
It's cool that they're playing some rare stuff for their fans and having the guests must have been fun but:

Too many damn covers

Carpe Deim baby- Come on, There were better songs on Re-load. Better than you and Where the Wild things are, namely.

The day that never comes- Who really wants to hear this.

Not doing "four nights, four albums," is dissapointing especially since it does make sense since they'll be playing the black album in its entirety next year.

But the exclusion of the hits is cool. And I can only imagine what Hate train sounds like.

MetalIsArt
12-06-2011, 04:41 AM
Just think, in a few months time they'll be on tour again and will be playing the same old sets again.

That would be Megadeth.

Anyway, it's good see some rare tracks, but too many covers.

metallicbrian666
12-06-2011, 04:48 AM
Newsted!

This shit is awesome.

MetalIsArt
12-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Newsted!

This shit is awesome.

Yes, everbody gets along, everybody has grown up a bit.

Mustaine with them for an encore would be even better. (Mechanix...)

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 06:03 AM
Carpe Deim baby- Come on, There were better songs on Re-load. Better than you and Where the Wild things are, namely.

Better Than You, yes. Where The Wild Things Are, HELL NO ARE YOU HIGH?!

The day that never comes- Who really wants to hear this.

I would imagine quite a lot of people, since it's a damn good song.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 06:04 AM
That would be Megadeth.

... Metallica do too. Sure they change four or five songs a night, but the rest remains the same.

Sanitarium78
12-06-2011, 06:17 AM
I could do without seeing so many covers considering the catalog Metallica has. But it does kind of make sense since 30 years ago their set was nothing but Diamond Head covers anyways. I'm also surprised that there was nothing else played off RTL except Ktulu. I figured between FWTBT, FTB and CD at least one of them would get played. No MOP is odd to considering even with the diehards that song is held in high esteem. On the plus side they didn't do NEM which is always a good thing.

This set is good but could certainly be better, so hopefully the next few nights will be. With them doing Carpe Diem maybe there's a chance something like Metal Melitia, Frayed Ends Of Sanity, Eye Of The Beholder, The House Jack Built or Fixxxer will get played.

Looking forward to see what they bust out for the other shows.

jhdeity
12-06-2011, 06:33 AM
Definitely cool but needs way more Kill Em All not named S&D. Hopefully they bust out Jump in the Fire and Metal Militia

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Hopefully they bust out Jump in the Fire and Metal Militia

Just to prove that they couldn't write lyrics for shit at the beginning of their career either?

General point: Complaining about what's missing after one show of four is kinda stupid. They're clearly going to play different sets each night. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't duplicate a single song across the four shows. Complain about what was missed after the fourth show.

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 07:14 AM
General point: Complaining about what's missing after one show of four is kinda stupid. They're clearly going to play different sets each night. In fact, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they didn't duplicate a single song across the four shows. Complain about what was missed after the fourth show.

This

jhdeity
12-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Just to prove that they couldn't write lyrics for shit at the beginning of their career either?

Just making an observation man. And if this is about rewarding fans then Yes, 100% yes! Shitty lyrics over boring covers all damn day!

I can't even imagine the buzzkill that would be that acoustic Nazareth cover at that point of the show. I can picture the dumbfounded looks on people's faces. Just sayin'

JRA
12-06-2011, 07:43 AM

You're an idiot. People who are attending this show don't give two fucks about lyrics.

And fuck Carpe Diem Baby.

El Gordo
12-06-2011, 07:48 AM

Pfft... Dude. Jump in the Fire is nothing special, but Metal Militia kicks all kinds of ass. Sure, the lyrics are over the top, but it's METAL! If you don't like over the top lyrics, why are you listening to metal?

Maideneer
12-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Great to see Reload represented, best surprise of the night.

Phil709
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Looks like I have to find a way to obtain a ticket for one of these shows and fly down to San Francisco. I hope St. Anger gets represented during this four night stand at the Fillmore.

Maidenmagic
12-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Better Than You, yes. Where The Wild Things Are, HELL NO ARE YOU HIGH?!

Where the wild things are is dark and atmospheric, bothi things that Metallica doesn't really do.

I would imagine quite a lot of people, since it's a damn good song.

I consider it the poor man's "One."

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 08:37 AM
I consider it the poor man's "One."

More like the blind, deaf, hobo's 'One'...

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 08:40 AM
You're an idiot. People who are attending this show don't give two fucks about lyrics.

Your point? Whether they care or not, doesn't alter the fact that both those songs, and the majority of the rest of that album in fact, contain most of Metallica's worst lyrics of their career, regardless of how good some of the music is. That's not an idiotic statement to make in the slightest. It's just true. Whether the fans at the shows care about that is here nor there.

Seriously, some of you people say some of the dumbest shit sometimes.

DisasterPiece120
12-06-2011, 09:01 AM

Agreed

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Metal Militia is just about tied with Escape for worst Metallica song off the first four records?:eyes:

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Metal Militia is just about tied with Escape for worst Metallica song off the first four records?:eyes:

Can't say I've ever ranked them per se, but... let's say you may not be alone.

JRA
12-06-2011, 10:01 AM

Escape kicks ass. It holds up a lot better than For Whom The Bell Tolls.

jd091
12-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Great to see Reload represented, best surprise of the night.

Um...

ijwthstd
12-06-2011, 10:35 AM

If Metallica were playing outside I would close the blinds but if they were backing Diamond Head for 4 songs I would pay dollar for tickets.

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2011, 10:37 AM

For Whom The Bell Tolls is classic.

Dextrimental
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Has anyone else noticed the 3 X's as the back-drop, since when are Metallica straight edge?

MPF
12-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Has anyone else noticed the 3 X's as the back-drop, since when are Metallica straight edge?

Isn't that p0rn?

slapguitarer
12-06-2011, 12:03 PM
O_O

MPF
12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
*Obviously the XXX is the Roman Numeral sign for 30*

TonyD
12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah I hope you're trolling

leglessmoof
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
My pictures from the show:
http://pictures.leglessmoof.net/v/concerts/2011_12_05/

Apocalyptica played a brief opening setlist, here's what they played:

For Whom the Bell Tolls
Master of Puppets
Fight Fire With Fire
Nothing Else Matters
I Don't Care
Creeping Death
Hall of the Mountain King

christopher
12-06-2011, 01:06 PM
WTF? Apocalyptica played a set of cover songs before Metallica went on? I guess the crowd will know what songs not to expect during Metallica's set.

Orion89
12-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Leper Messiah :drool:

Damn, I wish i fucking lived in San Francisco. These shows sound so awesome! Can't wait to see what the other nights bring!

Maidenmagic
12-06-2011, 02:15 PM
More like the blind, deaf, hobo's 'One'...

But you said it was a good song...

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I still can't believe people are complaining about the setlist. Unreal :mad:

Dextrimental
12-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah I hope you're trolling

I was, I suck at it though so it wasn't as funny as it should have been.

I hope St. Anger gets a voicing tonight, I think it would be cool to see some of those tracks see the light of day, a 14 year old me would still like to hear some of them I guess.

HackedUpForBBQ
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Wow, Biff Byford was there? Pretty damn awesome. I wonder if King Diamond will make an appearance? Don't know how well recovered he is at this time, though

jaysadler2
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Quality setlist, so gutted I couldnt make this, was seriously thinking of flying over there for this, once in a lifetime event and will never happen again.

Just reading through the forums and hearing what all the excitement/bitching about the set and predictions is AWESOME!

No other band can/will ever do this....one band that i would like to see do something similar is iron maiden, but will never happen (IMO they're too boring) and the KISS Kruise came close but more guests and variety in set would've been nice

PERFECT METALLICA!!!!!

Would like to see a thread on the forums for predictions for the next few shows!

Would Mustain/mechanix happen????.....anything could with metallica!!!!!

El Gordo
12-06-2011, 03:40 PM

You crazy.

Sanitarium78
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM

Metal Melitia is my least favorite off KEA. That is probably my least favorite off the first four albums. I'm not sure why some fans get so exicited about wanting them to play it. Escape is a good song but it would be toward the bottom of my list if I ranked the songs off the first four albums. That's not a knock on the song at all, it just speaks to how strong those albums are.

The intro to FWTBT alone is better than Escape.

Travis The Dragon
12-06-2011, 04:34 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166935

Both Dave Mustaine and Rob Montgomery are pictured there. That would be so amazing if they both joined in!

mankvill
12-06-2011, 04:35 PM
I guarantee Lemmy will come out for their three Motorhead covers one of these nights. Strong feeling Dave will be out on the last night for some first-album stuff. And then...I dunno, maybe Danzig one night?

leglessmoof
12-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I guarantee Lemmy will come out for their three Motorhead covers one of these nights.

Doubt it, Motorhead is on tour in Europe this week.

Onioner
12-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Am I really the only one who noticed that Sean Harris and Brian Tatler reunited for these guest appearances!? SICK

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Am I really the only one who noticed that Sean Harris and Brian Tatler reunited for these guest appearances!? SICK

Was it ACTUALLY Sean Harris, or just someone not knowing the name of Diamond Head's current singer? ;)

EDIT: Just looked at the photos, that actually IS Sean Harris. Awesome.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Doubt it, Motorhead is on tour in Europe this week.

To be fair, so are Saxon. Biff flew out from Finland specially.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
But you said it was a good song...

I thought you were talking about Where The Wild Things Are... did you mean The Day That Never Comes?

leglessmoof
12-06-2011, 05:56 PM
To be fair, so are Saxon. Biff flew out from Finland specially.

I don't know what Saxon's tour schedule is, but I'm looking at Motorhead's and I don't see how Lemmy could possibly make any of the shows. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's definitely not a guarantee that he'll be there.

Maidenmagic
12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
I thought you were talking about Where The Wild Things Are... did you mean The Day That Never Comes?

Yeah I consider The Day that never comes to be the poor man's one. "This I Swear!" isn't as powerful as Darkness imprisoning me..."

Maideneer
12-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Um...

What? Reload is like the forgotten child, Load too. Those are my favorite albums except for maybe MOP.

mankvill
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
What? Reload is like the forgotten child, Load too. Those are my favorite albums except for maybe MOP.

Load is pretty good. But even though ReLoad has one of my favorite Metallica songs, I actually find it just as bad, if not worse, than St. Anger. :eyes:

makethemsuffer12
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
I will never get how people can think one of the Load albums is great and the other one is shit. They're both pretty comparable to me (and in my opinion, great, aside from select songs).

electrocute1031
12-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Awesome set, wondering/hoping if there is any chance of either escape or frayed ends being brought out for the celebration.

jd091
12-06-2011, 07:59 PM
If you like Load/Reload, then all the power to you. But man... I really, really, really abhor those albums. :lol:

metallicbrian666
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I guarantee Lemmy will come out for their three Motorhead covers one of these nights. Strong feeling Dave will be out on the last night for some first-album stuff. And then...I dunno, maybe Danzig one night?
Danzig is highly likely, seeing as he lives in CA and he's done performances with them before.

hellawaits77ny
12-06-2011, 08:32 PM

Dave and Ron are my choices for guests!

JRA
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
My wagers:

Rob Halford comes out for Rapid Fire (which they did as the grand finale on the very last days of the black album tour)
King Diamond (though please play the Mercyful Fate songs in full, just this once).
and here's a darkhorse ensemble
Paul Di'anno for Remember Tommorrow and Prowler.

christopher
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
My wagers:

Rob Halford comes out for Rapid Fire (which they did as the grand finale on the very last days of the black album tour)
King Diamond (though please play the Mercyful Fate songs in full, just this once).
and here's a darkhorse ensemble
Paul Di'anno for Remember Tommorrow and Prowler.

Well Halford and King Diamond are possibilities, but who knows. I seriously doubt Di'anno will be in the US anytime soon after his last arrest.

El Gordo
12-07-2011, 03:56 AM
I don't know what Saxon's tour schedule is, but I'm looking at Motorhead's and I don't see how Lemmy could possibly make any of the shows. Hopefully I'm wrong, but it's definitely not a guarantee that he'll be there.

You may be right, but money talks. Metallica has lots.

MetalIsArt
12-07-2011, 05:23 AM
You may be right, but money talks. Metallica has lots.

It's not a question of money in case of Lemmy. They are good friends.

dcmetal108
12-07-2011, 02:21 PM
It's not a question of money in case of Lemmy. They are good friends.

Thats what I was thinking. Any of the guest appearances here would be about friends not cash.

camby118
12-07-2011, 10:43 PM
Well, they opened tonight's show with To Live Is To Die.

Nice.

jd091
12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
Well, they opened tonight's show with To Live Is To Die.

Nice.

Woah woah woah woah WOAH

Are we talking about the second show now?! Holy shit! :eek: