PDA

View Full Version : DJENT band PERIPHERY makes a new song clip that sounds like DJENT

jd091
12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7bfUTZBuYlU

Attention: Periphery is making a new song that sounds like Periphery. Rejoice. New album soon, too.

mankvill
12-05-2011, 04:14 PM
>they play a clip
>the clip is literally just one big breakdown with no changes

why do people like this band again

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 04:23 PM
DJENT IS NOT A DJENRE

larvtard
12-05-2011, 04:24 PM
>they play a clip
>the clip is literally just one big breakdown with no changes

why do people like this band again

It sounds exactly like Meshuggah!

I don't like Meshuggah, though.

*flameshield*
*doesn't really work*

mankvill
12-05-2011, 04:25 PM
It sounds exactly like Meshuggah!

I don't like Meshuggah, though.

*flameshield*
*doesn't really work*

I don't either.

In fact, every song I've heard of theirs is really repetitive, boring, and basically one big breakdown as well. :eyes:

daimonos
12-05-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't either.

In fact, every song I've heard of theirs is really repetitive, boring, and basically one big breakdown as well. :eyes:

Finally, someone gets it.

larvtard
12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
The one time I actually put up a metaphorical flameshield, people agree with me! What is this :eyes:

Seventhzealot
12-05-2011, 04:50 PM
I've never cared much for Meshuggah or any of the djent bands either.

MPF
12-05-2011, 04:56 PM
This whole thread is just a gigantic fail.

They played one riff. WOW, that's something to really bitch and make ironic posts about.

It's not even just this thread. I like Periphery, and don't care that anyone makes fun of them. but this place has just gotten really shitty in the last 3 months. What the fuck is going on? seriously?

It would be too easy to blame Magson for this, but there's been others just like him, getting banned, some not banned, just making this place fucking annoying.

The stupid shit is going to stop eventually right?

mankvill
12-05-2011, 05:01 PM

They played one riff. WOW, that's something to really bitch and make ironic posts about.

It's not even just this thread. I like Periphery, and don't care that anyone makes fun of them. but this place has just gotten really shitty in the last 3 months. What the fuck is going on? seriously?

It would be too easy to blame Magson for this, but there's been others just like him, getting banned, some not banned, just making this place fucking annoying.

I actually wasn't being ironic.

The clip they played was dumb, because it was one riff repeated and was one big breakdown. I understand that's not the whole song, but I've listened to them before. That's pretty much all djent is to me.

I'm not trolling. Please show me where I'm trolling.

If you can't handle legitimate criticism of a band you like, then stop going on the internet. :lol:

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2011, 05:02 PM

...what?

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
:realchug:

MPF
12-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I actually wasn't being ironic.

The clip they played was dumb, because it was one riff repeated and was one big breakdown. I understand that's not the whole song, but I've listened to them before. That's pretty much all djent is to me.

I'm not trolling. Please show me where I'm trolling.

If you can't handle legitimate criticism of a band you like, then stop going on the internet. :lol:

Did I was say I was talking about you Manks?

I wasn't even talking about Periphery in general, I meant the shitty way the board has been going lately. It's been about 3 months of the shit. The Ironic Posts, the "Implying" posts, the just shitty attitudes and asshole attitudes going on. I just happened to stumble upon this thread to see it happening again. And I know it will continue on after I post this. It's just annoying.

Feel free to bitch me out after this too. I can feel it coming anyways.

DethMaiden
12-05-2011, 05:15 PM
Eh, this website is an open forum for people to talk on the Internet. Most things about it are going to suck. Nature of the beast. Enjoy the good and don't get your panties in a twist over the bad.

El Gordo
12-05-2011, 05:17 PM
I don't either.

Oh come on. What about this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Btt2q0JOjE)

Or this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mho9y_eEzc)

Anyway, Meshuggah was a good band. Once Chaosphere came out I was done with them, but they had good stuff at one time.

mankvill
12-05-2011, 05:29 PM
Did I was say I was talking about you Manks?

I wasn't even talking about Periphery in general, I meant the shitty way the board has been going lately. It's been about 3 months of the shit. The Ironic Posts, the "Implying" posts, the just shitty attitudes and asshole attitudes going on. I just happened to stumble upon this thread to see it happening again. And I know it will continue on after I post this. It's just annoying.

Feel free to bitch me out after this too. I can feel it coming anyways.

So you're upset about the way people post, but not what the posts contain? :nonono: I agree that posts should foster discussion and not be blatant trolling. And some people are hella guilty of that.

Or this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mho9y_eEzc)

Anyway, Meshuggah was a good band. Once Chaosphere came out I was done with them, but they had good stuff at one time.

!

WHAT THE FUCK, the first song sounds like a completely different band! Why didn't they keep that sound?

Also, that second track...um...it actually sounds kinda like nu-metal to me. :eyes:

larvtard
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM

I thought that was Metallica :eyes:

I thought the second link was Korn, though :lol:

El Gordo
12-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Huh. Well 1 out of 2 ain't bad, eh? :lol:

Anyway, yeah their first album was head and shoulders above the rest, IMO.

TonyD
12-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I still like some things about the first album but it's not as good as their later work. None might be their best output, but I don't get how you can just dismiss the rest of their work.

I can't even listen to or respect Periphery because they're just a big ripoff of Meshuggah.

Dextrimental
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
So noone noticed that Bulb pointed out the point of this clip was to show off the guitar tone they're using on the album then?

Periphery, if anyone cares to listen to their record, have some amazing compositional talent. All New Materials, Racecar, Frak The Gods, Zyglrox, all great songs with well thought out changes and melodic qualities.

Anyway, can't wait for the new records, Juggernaut and Periphery II.

Bergman101
12-05-2011, 06:31 PM
I like Periphery and Meshuggah but you don't see me bitching when people post negative about them.

300%_Density
12-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Just when I thought it was safe to leave my house and not hear the D word I speak too soon.

Epidemic Reign
12-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Just when I thought it was safe to leave my house and not hear the D word I speak too soon.

Shit, that's another one I need to add to my list of Words I Would Like to See Banned. "Hipster", "mastodon" and "djent".

MPF
12-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Shit, that's another one I need to add to my list of Words I Would Like to See Banned. "Hipster", "mastodon" and "djent".

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/00650.gif

jd091
12-06-2011, 12:16 AM
In case you didn't get the title: yes, I created this thread jokingly. :lol:

Pumped to see Periphery in the studio again. Great musicians. Lovin' that breakdown, too. Very Sumeriancore-y as opposed to djent-y.

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2011, 02:27 AM
I don't either.

This. So boring live too.