1.Chinese Democracy
2.Welcome To The Jungle
3.It's So Easy
4.Mr. Brownstone
5.Sorry
6.Shackler's Revenge
7.Estranged
8.Rocket Queen
9.Richard Fortus Guitar Solo (James Bond Theme)
10.Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings cover)
11.This I Love
12.Civil War (First time played live since 1993)
13.Sonic Reducer
(Dead Boys cover)(Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with Band Introductions)
14.Dizzy Reed Piano Solo (Baba O' Riley)
15.Street Of Dreams
16.You Could Be Mine
17.DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
18.Sweet Child O' Mine
19.Instrumental Jam (Another Brick in the Wall Pt. II)
20.Axl Rose Piano Solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/ more)
21.November Rain
22.Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
23.Don't Cry
24.Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)
25.Knockin' On Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
26.Nightrain

Encore:
27.Instrumental Jam
28.Madagascar
29.Riff Raff (AC/DC cover)
30.Better
31.Instrumental Jam
32.Patience
33.Instrumental Jam
34.Paradise City

Epic show. BLS did not come on until 9:15. I am not a fan, so I only watched a few songs. GNR come on at exactly 11 and played until 2. Crowd was terrible, people were leaving during the set. Acting like they were shocked by Axl coming out late.

Civil War was the highlight of course. My favorite GNR song, and they play it for the first time in 18 years. Overall great show, Axl sounded great. His band is awesome. Even all of the Jams and Solo's were really cool. I suggest you so GNR if they come near you. :rocker:

velvetgrass
12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
12.Civil War (First time played live since 1993)

Holy shit! It's about time! :rocker:

TheClairvoyant
12-05-2011, 04:30 PM
Can you really blame the people leaving during mid-set? starting at 11 and finishing at 2am is just fucking ridiculous, Axl is a true dick. :tp:

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Can you really blame the people leaving during mid-set? starting at 11 and finishing at 2am is just fucking ridiculous, Axl is a true dick. :tp:

While you're totally right, people should know what to expect from Axl at this point. It's not like it's a little known fact that GNR always goes on crazy late.

NickLed19
12-05-2011, 05:49 PM
GNR always goes on after 10, so why do people buy tickets if they know this? Either they do have Internet or they are just stupid.

velvetgrass
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Video of Civil War from this show for those who haven't seen it yet-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaWUJToBQSY

electrocute1031
12-05-2011, 06:38 PM
I was shocked when I saw them they came out at 10:20 in Worcester, wish we got Civil War. Otherwise it was an epic show

hellawaits77ny
12-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Pretty cool they blasted out Civil War

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 03:08 AM
starting at 11 and finishing at 2am is just fucking ridiculous

Agreed. But everyone knows that's how it goes, so anyone who buys a ticket really can't complain. The only the people who can legitimately complain about it are the ones who are prevented from going to the show because of the lateness issue.

For me, it actually means I won't see GN'R in London anymore. Instead, I will see them on their other UK dates. Reason is I can't get home after the late finish, so I might as well go to another city, where I wouldn't be going home afterwards anyway. That way I can get a hotel walking distance from the venue and not have to care about the time. Technically of course I could get a hotel in London as well, but at London prices it's actually cheaper for me to travel to Birmingham or Manchester and get hotels there. That's London's fault though, not Axl's.

NickLed19
12-06-2011, 03:28 AM
Why bitch about a late start? They come out and put on an epic 3 hour show. Its worth the wait.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 03:36 AM
Why bitch about a late start? They come out and put on an epic 3 hour show. Its worth the wait.

If the late start prevents you from going at all, that's something to bitch about. I don't mind that.

It's people who buy tickets knowing it's going to happen and then complain I don't like. Those people are just idiots.

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2011, 03:48 AM
Civil War, nice.

rjturtle9
12-06-2011, 03:51 AM
Ok, so now they are officially playing all the songs I want to hear, making this pretty much a perfect set in my eyes. I cannot wait for my show in a couple of weeks! Whether it's the line up I want to see or not, it still should be a fun show.

Dogman
12-06-2011, 03:52 AM
Civil War is my favorite tune too!! It's a shame they didn't play that one when I saw them a couple weeks ago.

And yeah, I don't understand people leaving early because the show is late. I knew what to expect and didn't even enter the arena until after 8pm. It was a GREAT show!! And well worth the wait.

Sanitarium78
12-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Wow, I didn't know it had been that long since they did Civil War:eek:

When I saw them back in 1992 they played it so I guess i'm one of the fortunate ones who got to see it:party:

I know we get into this debate all the time but if you're going to a GNR show and are not aware of the fact that they go on later than any other arena band does then you are without a doubt among the most clueless people to ever live. When I saw them in the summer of '92 they didn't hit the stage until after 11 and played until about 145 in the morning. This isn't exactly a new thing here people. While the crowd did get impatient a bit, even 20 years ago we knew that GNR hits the stage when they feel like it.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Ok, so now they are officially playing all the songs I want to hear, making this pretty much a perfect set in my eyes. I cannot wait for my show in a couple of weeks! Whether it's the line up I want to see or not, it still should be a fun show.

Yes indeed. I'm really hoping for another UK tour next year. I'm desperate to see Civil War and Estranged live. Those two and Coma are the three GN'R songs I most miss from the five shows I've seen so far.

TheClairvoyant
12-06-2011, 06:45 AM

It isn't exactly worth the wait when at least 45 minutes of the show is just guitar solo's and jams, plus, think about the people who have to go to work the next morning. It'll be probably worth seeing on a weekend, but on a weekday? No, if Axl thinks an 3 hour set is appropriate, then at least come on stage an hour earlier and cut down on these guitar solo's, that way, the show will be a lot less-frustrating, as well as being decent for people who have to get up for work early in the morning.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 06:48 AM
It isn't exactly worth the wait when at least 45 minutes of the show is just guitar solo's and jams

The same tired point and it's still wrong. The solos and jams account for a total of about 10 minutes. 15 if Bumble stretches out a bit. No one complains that a show wasn't worth if if a band had a 5 minute guitar solo in an hour long show, so 15 minutes tops in 3 hours is exactly the same.

Besides which, the old band used to do just as many solos and jams etc. in their shows. No one bitched then. And these guys are better players.

think about the people who have to go to work the next morning.

Like I said, people who are PREVENTED from going by the lateness can complain. Everyone who bought a ticket can't.

And everyone who doesn't even want to go and just loves an excuse to bitch is a moron anyway. To be honest, I highly suspect most of the whining comes from this group of people.

John The Drummer
12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
GnR is on tour!? WTF.

300%_Density
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Funny. The only people I've seen bitch and complain are people who didn't go bc of the long list of prejudices towards the band lineup & start times. I'm not sure if I've seen too many people who actually went and didn't say it was a good show. Its right @ the top for my 2011 shows. Just seems to be those stuck in '92 or even the Appetite era who have a problem w/ their shows.

NickLed19
12-06-2011, 01:35 PM
BTW, the solo's and jams are really cool. Its not like they are boring.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 02:48 PM
BTW, the solo's and jams are really cool. Its not like they are boring.

That too.

TheClairvoyant
12-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I saw them back in 2010 at Manchester actually, and still stand by my original opinion. Decent show, most of the crowd were pissed due to the times (even the ones who expected a very late finishing time). Hell, half of the crowd left before the encore, which I don't blame them and I still thought those jams and solo's were pretty much boring. I fully understand the need for them, due to giving each member a break, but jesus christ, Axl needs to take his head out of his own arse and act professional for once.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I saw them back in 2010 at Manchester actually

I was there too. Best sound of the tour but the shortest set, as I recall.

Axl needs to take his head out of his own arse and act professional for once.

After 25 years? Who're you trying to kid? Actually, whining about it at all now is just futile bitching for the sake of it.

It's like complaining that the government tax our earnings.

TheClairvoyant
12-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Oh wonderful, you've officially turned a common forum debate, into an argument, lol. Jesus christ, why can't you simply just respect people's opinions, I'm not whining, you'll find that they're many people who have the same views as me (who are not just kids who jump on the opinion wagon).

And yes, 25 years, it's always possible for a musician to get his shit together after 25 years, take Mustaine for example (even though he can't get his fucking set's right). Even Slash think's he goes too far when it comes to his timings.

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
why can't you simply just respect people's opinions

I do, when it's valid. Like I said, whining about Axl's timing is like whining about taxes. It's just part of life now. Accept it and get on with it.

I'm not whining, you'll find that they're many people who have the same views as me (who are not just kids who jump on the opinion wagon).

Yep, and they're all whining too. There was no need to join this thread just to complain about his timing. And practically every other GN'R-related thread too, I've noticed. We know, he's always late, it's a bitch, but it's a straight up don't-like-it-don't-go-and-shut-the-fuck-up-about-it situation. At this point it's such common knowledge that the people who go and leave early complaining are the ones in the wrong. Anyone who buys a GN'R ticket knows what they're getting, you either need to not care, or don't go.

The whole lateness thing is basically the GN'R equivalent of "Duuhh, Metallica sold out when they made a video". It's dumb bitching.

And yes, 25 years, it's always possible for a musician to get his shit together after 25 years, take Mustaine for example (even though he can't get his fucking set's right). Even Slash think's he goes too far when it comes to his timings.

Come on, this is Axl. He'll die an asshole ;)

TheClairvoyant
12-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh how this verbal battle has lasted this long, and as I said before, I stand by my own opinion (even if it is whining, but at least it's a pretty acceptable opinion compared to the usual metallica sold-out shite). Think about it in this way, Guns 'n Roses actually can't perform at many certain venues due to them actually having time restrictions (usually till 11:30pm), for example, they couldn't perform in newcastle due to Axl being too cool for being on time and the venue being time restricted (fucking council), and thats why I was very pissed off for having to travel up to Manchester, which is a nightmare when it comes to traffic, I'm sure you'll understand since you're from London. But yeah, anyway, we have got totally different views when it comes to the timing subject, and I understand and respect your view, anyway, I have to be up for work at 7, and I'm stuck here because of you. :bouville:, Goodnight!

wroed
12-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Hehe, brilliant, inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on first nomination. Let the reunion rumour mill commence!

ravenheart
12-07-2011, 05:51 AM
Hehe, brilliant, inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on first nomination. Let the reunion rumour mill commence!

They'll perform a song or two as the old band, and nothing will happen long term.

dcmetal108
12-07-2011, 02:25 PM

Too bad the Rock And Roll HOF is a joke. :D