PDA

View Full Version : Slayer, Sleep, Melvins & more announced for "Ill Be Your Mirror" UK Festival

Sepultura69
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

2527 May 2012. This event will be held at Alexandra Palace in London, England. Mogwai will curate in junction with ATP. The line-up will be:

Friday 25th: Slayer, Sleep and Melvins with more to be announced

Saturday 26th: Mogwai, Codeine and Mudhoney with more to be announced

Sunday 27th: Guided By Voices and Yuck with more to be announced

"SLAYER will perform its classic 1986 album "Reign In Blood" in its entirety at All Tomorrow's Parties' second U.K. "I'll Be Your Mirror" event, which is scheduled to take place n the weekend of May 25-27, 2012 at Alexandra Palace, London, England. Joining SLAYER on Friday, May 25 will be influential doom metal pioneers SLEEP and legendary Washington sludge group MELVINS."

Nice. That sounds like a fucking Killer show. Slayer, Sleep and Melvins all playing on the same stage on the the 25th of May! Sleep will bless the crowed with their epic psychedelic heavy ass thick-head bobbing grooves, and then the all mighty slayer will finish off the show by playing Reing in Blood in it's entirety. Fucking ay. And they still haven't even announced the rest of the line up. I might just go to this show. My cuzin lives in Lond/england. I've let her come here tons of times and crash over with us at our place in the good ol' U.S of A's(plus she always calls me every few days to see how i'm doing and how I need to come visit her). I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I bring my awesomeness over there. Fuck, and I still am kicking myself in the ass for missing Sleep when they played here in hollywood during this past summer on the week of my birthday(FUCKIN' WORK)... : :rocker::hmm::hecho:

Fucking Ay, Slayer, Sleep and Melvins. I wish we got this kind of odd yet awesome line ups here in America :drool::hecho:

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 10:59 PM
I saw "Slayer, Sleep, Melvins & more announced for..." as the thread title in the index and jumped in my seat only to be disappointed by the full title. :( It that was a tour it would be very random but also very awesome.

Sepultura69
12-04-2011, 11:14 PM
I saw "Slayer, Sleep, Melvins & more announced for..." as the thread title in the index and jumped in my seat only to be disappointed by the full title. :( It that was a tour it would be very random but also very awesome.

I feel ya, brother :(

Slayer/Sleep/Melvins, just the thought of a that line up makes me pee my pants. I would loose my fucking mind at that show. I mean, Slayer playing Reing in Blood is cool and all, but the fact that you'll be going through epic ass heavy fucking riffage from Melvins and Sleep is just fucking incredible by itself...and adding slayer/reign blood is just a nice little desert on the tray...A VERY NICE DESERT...The type that makes you wanna stick around instead of bailing out to your car to leave because they chose a shitty headliner. BY IT SELF, with a much weaker line up, it doesn't sound that great. BUT, with those two mother fuckers opening up...you bet your sweet keaster you're in for a damn good fucking show.

300%_Density
12-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Just when I thought Kansrocksas took the award for worst festival name the UK feels they must 1 up us. Sick lineup though.

mankvill
12-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Just when I thought Kansrocksas took the award for worst festival name the UK feels they must 1 up us. Sick lineup though.

The actual fest is called "All Tomorrow's Parties"

Sepultura69
12-04-2011, 11:24 PM

Oh shnapz! Fixed it brother MankZ. thankx for the heads up :fist:

EDIT: errr. Kinda.

Steev
12-05-2011, 03:41 AM
random but sounds like a lot of fun

ravenheart
12-05-2011, 04:11 AM
Heh, old news. Weird though, isn't it?

ravenheart
12-05-2011, 04:11 AM

No it isn't.

The festival is called I'll Be Your Mirror. ATP are the promoters.

Which does actually explain the weirdness factor. All of ATP's festival line-ups are like this. The promotion company came out of the festival of the same name, which is every year in December. The 2011 one was last week.

300%_Density
12-05-2011, 05:05 AM

Dammit. Rescended.

ravenheart
12-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Dammit. Rescended.

It's still not called All Tomorrow's Parties :p You were right the first time.

The festival is called I'll Be Your Mirror. ATP are the promoters.

Sepultura69
12-05-2011, 07:07 AM
Ah, so I guess there was no reason for me to edit and change the title of this thread :eyes: :rocker:

I was just talkiing to my cuzin this morning over the phone. Was telling her about this gig and possibly wanting to come down in May to visit her in London/England. I should also remind myself that I have a fuck ton of cash that I had stashed away and saved for my trip to IRAN(which doesn't seem to be going down now. Not so much on my part but seems like my co-worker that i was going to go with is going through some stuff right now that is preventing him from going back to our good ol' native country). Hopefully they announce more bands soon. I really am thinking about going to this. The last act by it self is pretty weak and Not really worth the trip, but to see the All Mighty Melvins, and Legendary Sleep with the addition of slayer as the end to end it with 25 minutes of in your face fuckin' metal(probably will play some random songs before going into reing in blood)...just sounds so sexy.

ravenheart
12-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Ah, so I guess there was no reason for me to the change the title of this thread :eyes:

I was just talkiing to my cuzin this morning over the phone. Was telling her about this gig and possibly wanting to come down in May to visit her in London/England. I should also remind myself that I have a fuck ton of cash that I had stashed away and saved for my trip to IRAN(which doesn't seem to be going down now. Not so much on my part but seems like my co-worker that i was going to go with is going through some stuff right now that is preventing him from going back to our good ol' native country). Hopefully they announce more bands soon. I really am thinking about going to this. The last act by it self is pretty weak and Not really worth the trip, but to see the All Mighty Melvins, and Legendary Sleep with the addition of slayer as the end to end it with 25 minutes of in your face fuckin' metal(probably will play some random songs before going into reing in blood)...just sounds so sexy.

Just get a ticket for the Slayer/Melvins/Sleep day then.

Sepultura69
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
Just get a ticket for the Slayer/Melvins/Sleep day then.

I'm very tempted. My cuzin is even offering to buy me a plane ticket and everything as a way of treating me for all the times I treated her out when she came down here to hang out with us and my friends/family.

As I said earlier.. Had it just been Slayer playing "Reign in Blood" with a much weaker line up and No-Sleep or Melvins, I would have no interest in this show at all...Slayer/Reign in blood by itself could never make me wanna fly across the world to see them...that's just fucking stupid, but the fact that 3 of my favorite bands are going to be playing side by side by side just sounds like I will be in for a grand time....and they haven't even announced the full line up yet!

If i go, We should meet up at pub and discuss how much I annoy you ;)

300%_Density
12-05-2011, 10:37 AM
It's still not called All Tomorrow's Parties :p You were right the first time.

My rescend has now been rescended.

bt11763
12-05-2011, 10:45 AM
o ___ o

mankvill
12-05-2011, 10:49 AM
No, I meant it's called All Tomorrow's Parties, but this particular fest they're putting on is called I'll Be Your Mirror, which usually features bands performing past albums in their entirety.

Like...

All Tomorrow's Parties presents: I'll Be Your Mirror

Or something like that. :eyes:

Dextrimental
12-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Fairly concrete I'll be at the Slayer day of this!

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 02:13 AM
No, I meant it's called All Tomorrow's Parties, but this particular fest they're putting on is called I'll Be Your Mirror, which usually features bands performing past albums in their entirety.

Like...

All Tomorrow's Parties presents: I'll Be Your Mirror

Or something like that. :eyes:

Stop back-peddling :finger:

It's ATP Concerts presents I'll Be Your Mirror. ATP Concerts is their promotion arm.

Now ssshh and do some work!

ravenheart
12-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I'm very tempted. My cuzin is even offering to buy me a plane ticket and everything as a way of treating me for all the times I treated her out when she came down here to hang out with us and my friends/family.

That sounds like a done deal to me!

If i go, We should meet up at pub and discuss how much I annoy you ;)

Are you going to shout all the time and pronounce things wrong? ;)

Sepultura69
12-08-2011, 12:05 PM
More bands have been announced today for May 25ths Date of the Festival. So far it's looking good

Slayer(performing Reign in Blood in it's entirety)
Sleep
Melvins
YOB
Wolves in the Throne Room

Looking pretty nice. More bands to be announced in the coming days

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

EDIT:

May 26th

MOGWAI
DIRTY THREE
CODEINE
MUDHONEY
CHAVEZ
FLOOR
BALAM ACAB

May 27th

THE AFGHAN WHIGS reunion :rocker: :party:
ARCHERS OF LOAF
THEE OH SEES
YUCK
DEMDIKE STARE
SISKIYOU

More to be announced for all 3 shows.

twocentsup
12-08-2011, 07:20 PM
oh my god. i've been wanting to go to London this year and this would be the PERFECT excuse. Slayer DOING ALL OF REIGN IN BLOOD!?!?!?, Sleep, Melvins, YOB, WITTR, Mudhoney, Mogwai, Floor, Afghan Whigs, Archers Of Loaf, and Yuck? holy shit.

Dextrimental
12-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely hitting this, WITTR and Slayer in the one day is too good to pass up.. Sepultura69, we should meet up for a beer or something! Same to you ravenheart!

llama lom
12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I saw Slayer and Melvins and immediately thought Fantomas.

BloodoftheKings
12-09-2011, 04:42 AM
I saw Slayer and Melvins and immediately thought Fantomas.

Same.

ravenheart
12-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Damnit ATP, would you give me a decent reason to go to the first day of this already.

Just book Goatsnake for christ sakes. You know it's the only thing that makes sense.

ShatteredFlame
12-09-2011, 09:02 PM
the New Jersey edition was just announced today but all we got for a band confirmation is Afghan Whigs :l

I'll wait for some metal bands to be confirmed to put up a thread.

BloodoftheKings
12-09-2011, 09:05 PM
the New Jersey edition was just announced today but all we got for a band confirmation is Afghan Whigs :l

I'll wait for some metal bands to be confirmed to put up a thread.

If the jersey edition's lineup is at least half as good as this one I'm definitely going.