PDA

View Full Version : The land of the free? Not for long if you don't do anythign about it...

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Hey everyone. I doubt all of you have heard about the National Defense Authorization Act that was just passed by our senate. It gives our military the right to detain US citizens without reason, and to imprison them for life without trial. If this bill comes to be a reality, it will be the end of all our freedoms. Our right to speak against the government will be stripped. So, if you don't want to see your country go to absolute shit, then sign this petition. This is not a joke, it is real, and it is happening as we speak. Do not be remembered as the generation that sat by while our government completely fucked us.
This is some more information on the bill,
http://www.rense.com/general95/amlur.htm

http://www.petition2congress.com/5659/veto-national-defense-authorization-act/

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/12/occupy_portland_protesters_mar.html

And here is just one petition that has been formed by Senator Udall and Senator Feinstein. Please everyone sign this petition if you don't want the United States to become a mirror image of George Orwell's 1984. EVERYONE ALSO PLEASE TRY TO TAKE THE TIME TO SEND THIS TO ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS. GO ON FOX NEWS FACEBOOK PAGE AND SPREAD IT AROUND DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT
http://www.markudall.com/page/s/20-000-strong-against-detaining-americans-indefinitely-on-u-s-soil
America Lurches Toward Full-Blown Tyranny
www.rense.com

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Do not be remembered as the umpteenth generation that sat by while our government completely fucked us.

Fixed.

daimonos
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Oh christ.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Hey, Indestructible, get in here, this one's for you.

daimonos
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Lets just euthanize this thread right now.

illuminatus917
12-04-2011, 03:47 PM

And miss out on all the fun?

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Fixed.

This was a copy paste, doesn't reflect my actual writing skills. I actually made a fair amount of corrections just skimming through before I posted. hahaha

Whats up? Not a fan of the constitution?

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Oh come on, imagine the entertainment value when Indestructible sees it and gets involved.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM
This was a copy paste, doesn't reflect my actual writing skills. I actually made a fair amount of corrections just skimming through before I posted. hahaha

Oh I didn't correct any spelling or anything, look more carefully ;)

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 03:53 PM
Ahhhhhhh.. I see what you did there. hehehe Surprised I didn't make that correction myself. lol

jd091
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh christ.

Hey, Indestructible, get in here, this one's for you.

Oh come on, imagine the entertainment value when Indestructible sees it and gets involved.

:lol: Actually laughed.

Yeah... I have no interest on arguing pointlessly about politics with people on the internet. Especially on this board. But while I'm here (shameless plug time):

RON PAUL 2012 MOTHERFUCKERS WOOOHOOOO

:party:

:dance:

:stoned:

metallicbrian666
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM
OBAMA HATES WHITE PEOPLE

jd091
12-04-2011, 04:08 PM
http://jaylowman.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/obamagauges-1.jpg?w=500&h=625

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM

After the comment you just made in the Occupy thread I was starting to really not like you, this comment just evened it out.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
OBAMA HATES WHITE PEOPLE

That's just ignorant. The president is just a figurehead. He really doesn't have that much control over anything.

jd091
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
After the comment you just made in the Occupy thread I was starting to really not like you, this comment just evened it out.
Could care less if people like or hate me online. ;) Politics will do that; make you hate people for no fucking reason at all. Some of my best friends are bleeding heart liberals and some are super religious conservative, but does that make them bad people? Not at all. Which is why we don't talk about it.

That's just ignorant. The president is just a figurehead. He really doesn't have that much control over anything.

>implying Brian was actually serious :lol:

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 04:20 PM

This is why Ron Paul will never be taken seriously.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Something like this really shouldn't be about right or left. This is about the gov't as a whole trying to throw out the CONSTITUTION. The whole Rep/Dem/Green/etc bullshit was just made up to make people more blind to the actual issues and focus more time on trying to keep certain groups down. It's just insane, I don't classify myself with any political party 100% they all have their pros and cons.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM

There are lots of reasons for that, the main one being that he isn't completely bat shit crazy.

jd091
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM

Yeah, well... you know...

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2011, 04:30 PM
I bet if Ron Paul dropped the whole "end the war on drugs" thing he would lose 90% of his supporters. I hear people in my school who don't know shit about politics saying "I HOPE RON PAUL BECOMES PREZIDENT SO WE COULD SMOKE WEED ALL DAY UHRRY DAY" all the time and it's pretty annoying. Ron Paul actually has some pretty good points and ending the war on drugs isn't a bad idea but hearing ignorant people act like weed being illegal is the biggest problem with this country annoys the shit out of me.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
There's a better solution than making some drugs legal. Shoot the users. On sight.

jd091
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
There's a better solution than making some drugs legal. Shoot the users. On sight.

:lol:

Of course I love RP's drug stance, but I mainly love him for his economic and foreign policy stances. He really does know his shit.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Same here JD.

street_burial
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
"I HOPE RON PAUL BECOMES PREZIDENT SO WE COULD SMOKE WEED ALL DAY UHRRY DAY"

i had someone earlier today try and say that to me. I wanted to rip his throat out.

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Something like this really shouldn't be about right or left. This is about the gov't as a whole trying to throw out the CONSTITUTION. The whole Rep/Dem/Green/etc bullshit was just made up to make people more blind to the actual issues and focus more time on trying to keep certain groups down. It's just insane, I don't classify myself with any political party 100% they all have their pros and cons.

This is....I don't even...

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
I bet if Ron Paul dropped the whole "end the war on drugs" thing he would lose 90% of his supporters. I hear people in my school who don't know shit about politics saying "I HOPE RON PAUL BECOMES PREZIDENT SO WE COULD SMOKE WEED ALL DAY UHRRY DAY" all the time and it's pretty annoying. Ron Paul actually has some pretty good points and ending the war on drugs isn't a bad idea but hearing ignorant people act like weed being illegal is the biggest problem with this country annoys the shit out of me.

This is incorrect. There is a very large, dedicated group of folks out there that Ron Paul is the voice for. Its a coalition of far right wing folks, mostly in South and Mountain states, who have been organizing on and off since the 1980s. Its the militia movement, the conspiracy theorists, Gun Show folks, the UFO people. They are very independent, but they organize well. Sure, RP picks up a few potheads here and there, but it really is this new decentralized libertarian vein that fuels Ron Paul's "success".

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:00 PM
You don't need to be on a team to play the game buddy.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
This is incorrect. There is a very large, dedicated group of folks out there that Ron Paul is the voice for. Its a coalition of far right wing folks, mostly in South and Mountain states, who have been organizing on and off since the 1980s. Its the militia movement, the conspiracy theorists, Gun Show folks, the UFO people. They are very independent, but they organize well. Sure, RP picks up a few potheads here and there, but it really is this new decentralized libertarian vein that fuels Ron Paul's "success".

This is... I don't even....

mankvill
12-04-2011, 05:16 PM

Cameron is actually extremely knowledgeable when it comes to politics. He knows what he's talking about.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
HA!

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM

Am I wrong? I stood outside at 5 in the morning on Black Friday four years ago, in the freezing weather, to wave Ron Paul signs at Christmas shoppers driving into Wal-Mart. You don't think I know the demographics of the Ron Paul movement?

I'll expand the coalition network for you: militia movements, health freedom (anti-vaccine) movement, alternative medicine movement, Branch Dividian raid=tyranny movement, climate deniers, Austrian economics advocates (and a few Monetarists), 9/11 conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones followers, small ranchers, Weston Price Foundation/food freedom advocates, Ayn Rand readers, Constitutionalists, regular ole libertarians, Stormfront members, tax protesters, John Birch Society, anti-United Nations activists, 2nd amendment supporters, State's Rights supporters, anti-Federal Reserve people, Grover Norquist no-new-taxes movement, FairTax movement, remnants of the Pat Buchanan paleolibertarianism movement, gold standard advocates, Christian Identity groups, and so many more. Your median Ron Paul supporter probably doesn't possess all of these opinions, but the point of what I'm saying is that he has a very solid base (3-10% of a state's Republican voters) that is made up of these groups. Its not JUST potheads who want to end the war on drugs.

jd091
12-04-2011, 05:24 PM
Cameron is actually extremely knowledgeable when it comes to politics. He knows what he's talking about.

Yeah, even though I don't agree with some of his views per se, he knows his shit. Just like if you tried to argue existentialist reality karma... theory... stuffs with Illuminatus.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Settle down dude I was just joking around. :tp:

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
My bad, bro, but when you haven't been a member here for more than a month and you start sounding your clarion call, I'm tempted to tear you down quick. No place for that shit here.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Understandable, sarcasm/joking needs a font.

Dextrimental
12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Understandable, sarcasm/joking needs a font.

comic sans is a fast way to not be taken seriously in any situation :D

jd091
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
My bad, bro, but when you haven't been a member here for more than a month and you start sounding your clarion call, I'm tempted to tear you down quick. No place for that shit here.

Has it even been a week? :lol: You're talking to one of the oldies on this site. You gotta realize there's a pretty deep-seeded community here that's been around forever. Hell, I still feel like the newfag here.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 05:57 PM
I've never put stock into who's been here longer than who, doesn't mean shit to me. I have forums I've been a part of for a long time but I don't act like I'm better than the guy who joined yesterday.

ChildrenofSodom
12-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I've never put stock into who's been here longer than who, doesn't mean shit to me. I have forums I've been a part of for a long time but I don't act like I'm better than the guy who joined yesterday.

You're invading our pre-existing community. We have norms here. And its pretty rude to make your introduction to our community with a contentious, politically energetic topic. Religion may have been a worse choice, but still: too soon.

Dextrimental
12-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah man, stop stealing Indestructibles bit!

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM
You're invading our pre-existing community. We have norms here. And its pretty rude to make your introduction to our community with a contentious, politically energetic topic. Religion may have been a worse choice, but still: too soon.

I've actually been here longer than you think.

larvtard
12-04-2011, 06:05 PM

Lurking /= posting.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Lurking /= posting.

:tp:

Not what I meant.

jd091
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm feeling it coming...

http://i16.tinypic.com/543v9j9.gif

illuminatus917
12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock.

es156
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM

Goodbye Uncle_Meat1940.