PDA

View Full Version : Well some of you should be happy(Blackguard dropped off a tour)

Steev
12-04-2011, 06:21 AM
Blackguard have confirmed that they have pulled out of their previously-booked “Killfest 2” tour with Overkill, Belphegor, Aborted, System Divide and Diamond Plate. Suidakra will replace them on the bill.

Speaking on that they offered:

“Blackguard have pulled off of the Previously announced Killfest 2 Featuring Overkill, Belphegor, Aborted, System Divide and Diamond Plate. Suidakra Will be remplacing blackguard on this tour… Sorry for everybody who wanted to see blackguard on that tour!! We will be out with Kittie instead!”

In case you missed it, the band were recently announced as direct support to Kittie on an upcoming spring run with The Agonist and Bonded By Blood.

GarageMetal468
12-04-2011, 06:23 AM
Yeah I remember mankvill saying something about this. Thank god! They leave a good tour and go to a shitty one where they belong! Now, what about Belphegor? Could've sworn they're off this tour as well because of their frontman's surgery...

Steev
12-04-2011, 06:27 AM
no idea, but I checked ticketmaster and there is no Philly date anymore(could have sworn there was one originally)

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Why are Overkill's US Killfest's always such a mismatch?

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-04-2011, 07:11 AM

They don't sell enough tickets. I like Overkill but its true.

GarageMetal468
12-04-2011, 07:27 AM

Because America.

treghet
12-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Because America.

Earlier I typed that exact statement but then decided not to reply..

http://www.wordans.com/wordansfiles/images/2011/3/9/69623/69623_340.jpg?1299706033

GarageMetal468
12-04-2011, 07:41 AM
:lol: Damn!!

Seventhzealot
12-04-2011, 08:39 AM
I like this line-up.

Steev
12-04-2011, 08:48 AM

If they were smart they would have jumped on that Anthrax tour like originally planned

treghet
12-04-2011, 08:50 AM
If they were smart they would have jumped on that Anthrax tour like originally planned

Reading your posts makes my head hurt.

Steev
12-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Reading your posts makes my head hurt.

Id love to know what's so bad about an Anthrax/Testament/Overkill/Death Angel tour

For one it'd be a lot bigger venues than the ones they keep headlining every year, you know, playing to the exact same crowd year in year out

treghet
12-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Could you please tell me where I stated that would be a bad tour? You clearly misinterpreted my post. I was alluding to your ignorance, not that the tour would be bad. Overkill has taken that time to write their next album, if you were unaware. They had conflicting plans, it's not like they just decided to cancel because they wanted to do their own tour. And FYI, Overkill is playing at the same venue Anthrax did on their LA date, so do you really think they needed to be on that tour in the first place? Anthrax isn't nearly as popular as they were in the late '80s and early '90s, so it's not like it was going to open them up to a giant new fan base; it was a classic thrash tour for classic thrash fans.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 11:02 AM

Fine, so put together a package that makes sense.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 11:04 AM
Overkill is playing at the same venue Anthrax did on their LA date, so do you really think they needed to be on that tour in the first place? Anthrax isn't nearly as popular as they were in the late '80s and early '90s, so it's not like it was going to open them up to a giant new fan base; it was a classic thrash tour for classic thrash fans.

Also true here. Anthrax are here in March and are playing the same venue Overkill has headlined the last three years running.

Steev
12-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Also true here. Anthrax are here in March and are playing the same venue Overkill has headlined the last three years running.

Well here they aren't even coming around this time after in recent years not being able to fill up a venue less than a quarter of the size of the once Anthrax just played

And if they were working on a new record that tour would have introduced them to new fans who would then buy the album when it was released. Instead of just retreading the same territory over and over.

Steev
12-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Fine, so put together a package that makes sense.

Which is exactly what the Anthrax/Testament tour would have been.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Well no, the Anthrax tour situation would only make sense to Anthrax, not to Overkill. Overkill will make more money headlining the same territories than they will playing third fiddle on the Anthrax tour. Playing bigger venues is basically irrelevant if you're not seeing the financial return for it, which they won't be. That money is going to Anthrax and Testament.

And reaching new fans doesn't enter into either. You and I both know people don't watch the first two bands, no matter who it is, unless they're already fans. And if Overkill don't have many fans in those areas, that isn't going to change by being on early in the evening.

Their decision to not be on the Anthrax tour still makes the most sense for them. I don't see how Death Angel benefit from this tour either.

However, putting together a Killfest bill of bands who don't suit it is just silly. Here the Killfest bill had three thrash bands on it, including Destruction. The sensible thing to do was to bring someone like Kreator over on a co-headline and take out someone like Havok as the opener. Or bring over bands US fans don't get to see too often. Gama Bomb (who suck), Suicidal Angels, Angelus Apatrida, Korzus, someone like that.

Steev
12-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Well no, the Anthrax tour situation would only make sense to Anthrax, not to Overkill. Overkill will make more money headlining the same territories than they will playing third fiddle on the Anthrax tour. Playing bigger venues is basically irrelevant if you're not seeing the financial return for it, which they won't be. That money is going to Anthrax and Testament.

And reaching new fans doesn't enter into either. You and I both know people don't watch the first two bands, no matter who it is, unless they're already fans. And if Overkill don't have many fans in those areas, that isn't going to change by being on early in the evening.

Their decision to not be on the Anthrax tour still makes the most sense for them. I don't see how Death Angel benefit from this tour either.

However, putting together a Killfest bill of bands who don't suit it is just silly. Here the Killfest bill had three thrash bands on it, including Destruction. The sensible thing to do was to bring someone like Kreator over on a co-headline and take out someone like Havok as the opener. Or bring over bands US fans don't get to see too often. Gama Bomb (who suck), Suicidal Angels, Angelus Apatrida, Korzus, someone like that.

It benefitted Death Angel because they were playing to bigger crowds who actually might not know them. And I completely disagree with the comment about not watching the first couple bands unless I know them. More often then not I'm at the venue early and am obviously seeing who is on first. In the past I have been turned on to bands through seeing them open for other bigger names. That and any of those bands mentioned wouldn't be enough of a draw. Hell Exodus and Kreator did a coheadliner here a few years back and the venue was GIVING tickets away.

mankvill
12-04-2011, 01:48 PM
The only way I wouldn't watch every band is if I know that I wouldn't like one of the openers.

ravenheart
12-04-2011, 02:33 PM
It benefitted Death Angel because they were playing to bigger crowds who actually might not know them. And I completely disagree with the comment about not watching the first couple bands unless I know them. More often then not I'm at the venue early and am obviously seeing who is on first.

Well done. You're a hero. But you're still a minority. So disagree all you like, but you know as well as I do that over half of every crowd doesn't come in until the headliner, or if there's a decent special guest, then for them. Openers play to the smallest proportion of crowds, every night, every tour, no exceptions. The crowd is directly proportional to the time of day.

Bergman101
12-04-2011, 06:04 PM
replaced by Suidakra!!!???? OMFG :drool::drool::drool::drool:

hellawaits77ny
12-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I love Aborted, and while not the biggest Overkill fan, I heard they're great live. Wish this tour came closer than ~220 miles from me :grrr:

ThrashManiac
12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
this tour is hitting Montreal WITHOUT Overkill it's so lame. It's mind boggling how overkill is not the most popular thrash band. they're easily one of the best and most consistent band since the very beginning of the genre..

Anyway it'll be cool to see aborted again, and diamond plate even tho i really don't like what they did with the album...

Spiner202
12-05-2011, 04:09 AM
this tour is hitting Montreal WITHOUT Overkill it's so lame. It's mind boggling how overkill is not the most popular thrash band. they're easily one of the best and most consistent band since the very beginning of the genre..

Anyway it'll be cool to see aborted again, and diamond plate even tho i really don't like what they did with the album...

Same thing with Toronto. I still haven't seen Overkill, but I definitely won't be able to travel anywhere they are playing on this tour.

I want to see Diamond Plate though, so I might go because it's a 19+ show that's a few days after my 19th birthday (aka: NO ONE CAN STOP ME FROM GOING TO CONCERTS ANYMORE).

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2011, 05:48 AM
I want to see Diamond Plate though, so I might go because it's a 19+ show that's a few days after my 19th birthday (aka: NO ONE CAN STOP ME FROM GOING TO CONCERTS ANYMORE).

I was about to say "Uh... 21+ shows?", but then I remembered "DERP CANADA."

Yeah.