PDA

View Full Version : ***Rumor**** Canibal Corpse / Exhumed NA Tour

300%_Density
12-03-2011, 08:34 AM
http://www.theprp.com/2011/12/02/news/early-2012-cannibal-corpse-exhumed-abysmal-dawn-u-s-tour-rumored/

Granted just a rumor but I would love to see this if this does in fact happen.

Cannibal Corpse, Exhumed and Abysmal Dawn look to be planning a March U.S. run together. More details are expected in the coming weeks.

GarageMetal468
12-03-2011, 08:37 AM
MY ROOM IS COVERED IN MY GENETIC FILTH HOLY SHIT TWO OF MY FAVORITE LIVE DEATH METAL BANDS TOURING TOGETHER

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 08:38 AM
That would be neat. I've never gotten around to seeing Exhumed or Abysmal Dawn.

John The Drummer
12-03-2011, 08:40 AM
That would be neat. I've never gotten around to seeing Exhumed or Abysmal Dawn.
Exhumed kicks all kinds of ass live and i didn't know of Abysmal Dawn before i saw them with Athiest, they were amazing live!

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Exhumed kicks all kinds of ass live and i didn't know of Abysmal Dawn before i saw them with Athiest, they were amazing live!

Sweet. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope Phoenix doesn't get skipped like half the other upcoming tours I'd like to see :D

Seventhzealot
12-03-2011, 09:11 AM
If true, I do hope this hits Florida. Along with the 'March of Death' tour, should make for an epic month :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2011, 09:22 AM
That tour sounds awesome, I hope this is true.

masterguy49
12-03-2011, 09:45 AM
I'm seeing Cannibal Corpse in January and if anything isn't announced yet, I'll ask :fist:

THIS BETTER HIT SOUTH FL. THOUGH.

Nickweiser
12-03-2011, 10:09 AM
this tour does sound likely and by all means i hope it does. Some of my fav bands of all time touring together is an instant must go!

HOWEVER, if/when dates get announced lets not all be surprised people if it's a "B market" type of tour. Especially if CC is rumored to be on Summer Slaughter. IF it hits the major market, sweet everyone is happy.

300%_Density
12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
this tour does sound likely and by all means i hope it does. Some of my fav bands of all time touring together is an instant must go!

HOWEVER, if/when dates get announced lets not all be surprised people if it's a "B market" type of tour. Especially if CC is rumored to be on Summer Slaughter. IF it hits the major market, sweet everyone is happy.

For someone who lives in the B market that would make me quite happy.

mankvill
12-03-2011, 10:28 AM

Aw yeah. :D

Nickweiser
12-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Cannibal Corpse did a "B Market" tour in late 2010 with Dying Fetus, Vital Remains, and Devourment. I live in IL and i drove 2 hours to Madison, WI for this show. So if i gotta make a 2 hour drive again north, south, east or west for a show like this, im game!

GarageMetal468
12-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Cannibal Corpse did a "B Market" tour in late 2010 with Dying Fetus, Vital Remains, and Devourment. I live in IL and i drove 2 hours to Madison, WI for this show. So if i gotta make a 2 hour drive again north, south, east or west for a show like this, im game!

I figured I'd know who you are! (This is Dan, by the way)

elturtleboy
12-03-2011, 10:42 AM
:drool:

AnataFan4Life
12-03-2011, 01:27 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if all of these bands end up on Summer Slaughter.

Crionics
12-03-2011, 01:38 PM

:fist:

larvtard
12-03-2011, 01:41 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if all of these bands end up on Summer Slaughter.

Yeah, I was gonna say. Both CC and Exhumed were rumored (maybe still are) to be on Summer Slaughter. It's weird that now they're rumored to be doing a March tour together.

Anyways, this is a fucking death metal tour. If there is any chance whatsoever for me going to this, I'll take it.

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Fuck yeah! Let's hope this is true.

Steev
12-03-2011, 07:57 PM
Most likely this either will be limited or won't happen

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Most likely this either will be limited or won't happen

Yes, if it's legit and actually does happen in March, it probably will be limited. Cannibal Corpse are in Europe on the Destroyers of the Faith tour until March 11. Eh, they could still get almost 3 weeks if it were to go the whole month.

Steev
12-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes, if it's legit and actually does happen in March, it probably will be limited. Cannibal Corpse are in Europe on the Destroyers of the Faith tour until March 11. Eh, they could still get almost 3 weeks if it were to go the whole month.

If it happens there has to be bigger bands being added, otherwise I see them losing money on this tour

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:27 PM
If it happens there has to be bigger bands being added, otherwise I see them losing money on this tour

Not trying to be a dick, but you don't think CC is big enough to do a headlining tour?

Steev
12-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Not trying to be a dick, but you don't think CC is big enough to do a headlining tour?

Obviously they headline some venues, but do you really see them selling anywhere out?

mankvill
12-03-2011, 08:31 PM

Seriously.

My 3rd ever metal concert was Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus/Necrophagist/Unmerciful. Have seen them headline every other time than that other than opening for Hatebreed, then on Mayhem.

Steev
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Seriously.

My 3rd ever metal concert was Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus/Necrophagist/Unmerciful. Have seen them headline every other time than that other than opening for Hatebreed, then on Mayhem.

Doesn't make it successful, a few months ago I saw Evergrey headline and there like 50 people in the venue

mankvill
12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Doesn't make it successful, a few months ago I saw Evergrey headline and there like 50 people in the venue

Every time I've seen them, they have packed decent sized venues. :tongue:

Steev
12-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Hasn't happened here at least, then again I've seen more then a few bands play to surprisingly empty venues

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Every time I've seen them, they have packed decent sized venues. :tongue:

Yep. CC won't sell out 2,000 capacity clubs, but I'm pretty sure they will probably sell more tickets at an average show of theirs than any other death metal band, except maybe Morbid Angel.

mankvill
12-03-2011, 08:42 PM
Hasn't happened here at least, then again I've seen more then a few bands play to surprisingly empty venues

Nothing against Evergrey at all, but they really aren't on the same level of popularity as Cannibal Corpse. Not in the slightest.

Not saying they're bad or anything.

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Sure, it happens. I sawMalevolent Creation play to 40 people in Albany, Misery Index to 40 in Montreal, Agnostic Front to 60 in Montreal, etc. But CC is guaranteed to sell AT LEAST a couple hundred tickets to every show.

mankvill
12-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Yep. CC won't sell out 2,000 capacity clubs, but I'm pretty sure they will probably sell more tickets at an average show of theirs than any other death metal band, except maybe Morbid Angel.

The good thing about Cannibal Corpse is that even though they pretty much tour all the time, they usually have a pretty good lineup to open for them. That's what really brings in the crowds, I think. I also feel like ever since Kill, they've been growing in general popularity as well.

Shit, each time I've seen them headline, the lineups have been really varied:

Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus/Necrophagist/Unmerciful
Cannibal Corpse/Black Dahlia Murder/Behemoth/God Forbid
Cannibal Corpse/1349/Skeletonwitch/Lecherous Nocturne

hellawaits77ny
12-03-2011, 08:51 PM
The good thing about Cannibal Corpse is that even though they pretty much tour all the time, they usually have a pretty good lineup to open for them. That's what really brings in the crowds, I think. I also feel like ever since Kill, they've been growing in general popularity as well.

Shit, each time I've seen them headline, the lineups have been really varied:

Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus/Necrophagist/Unmerciful
Cannibal Corpse/Black Dahlia Murder/Behemoth/God Forbid
Cannibal Corpse/1349/Skeletonwitch/Lecherous Nocturne

Good point. And to mention another tour of theirs (not as varied), again as you said, some quality openers:

Cannibal Corpse/Dying Fetus/Vital Remains/Devourment

coltongsmith
12-03-2011, 08:57 PM
we need a good Gore themed tour :rocker: cattle decapitation would fit nice since they have a new cd coming soon (not a fan just good for the theme)

GarageMetal468
12-03-2011, 09:29 PM

lol... Cannibal Corpse and Evergrey are two totally different bands.

Last time Corpse were here, they played the House of Blues and had it pretty packed.

ShatteredFlame
12-03-2011, 09:44 PM
IIRC They sold out Santos Party House in New York last tour.

BloodoftheKings
12-03-2011, 10:03 PM
IIRC They sold out Santos Party House in New York last tour.

I don't want this to be at Santos. I think attendance would be good if they played Irving Plaza.

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:10 AM
A lot of the death metal bands haven't even been playing the Philly area and have been opting for small venues in random areas within an hour of the city(Trenton, Reading, even parts of Delaware)

Steev
12-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Sure, it happens. I sawMalevolent Creation play to 40 people in Albany, Misery Index to 40 in Montreal, Agnostic Front to 60 in Montreal, etc. But CC is guaranteed to sell AT LEAST a couple hundred tickets to every show.

I think the last time I saw Misery Index was in a basement

Then again I also saw Nile in 08 and most of the crowd left after Suicide Silence(there was like 20 or 30 people on the floor and anyone else was at the bar/balcony)

hellawaits77ny
12-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Then again I also saw Nile in 08 and most of the crowd left after Suicide Silence(there was like 20 or 30 people on the floor and anyone else was at the bar/balcony)

That's a shame :flame:

Nickweiser
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
as someone who has seen CC headline twice, HOB once with 1349, Skeletonwitch, Lecherous Nocturne in April 2010.
and with Dying Fetus, Vital Remains, Devourment November 2010 both shows were VERY PACKED. I think maybe even the latter might have sold out despite it being 18 and over only on a sunday night

A buddy of mine saw them when they headlined and brought The Faceless, Neuraxis, and Obscura with him and he told me that it was packed.

CC has no problem drawing on their name alone. That with the fact they havent toured the states or much at all in over a year plus a new album coming out is gonna get the death metal dudes comin on out.

B or A Market, IM GOIN!

mastodon421
12-04-2011, 08:47 AM
CC headlined a day of NEMHF in 2010 when they were touring with Skeletonwitch and Lecherous Nocturne (1349 hadn't joined the tour yet, The Red Chord took their spot at NEMHF). I had to leave before they played (I left after Amon Amarth because my dad drove me to that show and was flipping a shit about late it was.), but The Palladium was about 75% full right after Amon Amarth was done. I don't think they could fill 75% of the downstairs stage by themselves, but they could possibly sell out a venue like The Paradise or the Royale around here.

Steev
12-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Total side note, but when they did SOTU a few years ago there was this awful wave of BO in the crowd when they hit the stage

Didn't happen at Mayhem 3 years later though, so that's a plus