3) Secret Of The Runes - Therion
4) Through The Ashes Of Empires - Machine Head
5) Bonfire Boxset - AC/DC
6) Welcome To The Other Side - Rage
7) Blackwater Park - Opeth
8) Appetite For Destruction - Guns & Roses
9) Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - Black Sabbath
10) We Are Motörhead - Motörhead

Call it odd, weird, ugly, whatevs... they started it all. In NO way these are automatically my favourites by these artists, they simply were the first albums I had from each of them (except Machine Head, which was Supercharger). My journey into this great genre started around 1997 with Nine Lives...

A little backstory:

When I first saw "Pink" on MTV, I didn't even like the song that much. But there was this big mouthed great singer acting in some weird video with freaks. It was in heavy rotation on the channel I absolutely can't stand these days, and one day I decided to look out on which album I could find the song. It turned out to be Nine Lives, and I asked my father the buy it for me, as some pre-birthday gift. As soon as I heard the title track I knew my life was going to change forever: the drums, loud guitars, screeching vocals,... I became an instant Aerosmith-fan and I was already searching for other bands in the so called "hard" genre, not for buying, but for looking in the bins, looking at these insane album-covers. And you gotta realise, before Aerosmith I was into, ahum, commercial sh*t, I was crazy for Sash! for instance.
For about a year or so I collected almost all of the other Aero-albums, before I had this classmate who was crazy about Metallica...

...He really made me get into them, and gave me S&M. I was hooked instantly and I finally made the decision: goodbye commercial pop music, hello hardrock & metal. Mind you, I still listen to other genres (ADELE, Nick Cave,...) but it has to be something "special". Then I went to Machine Head, AC/DC, Therion, etc etc. I couldn't stop buying and asking hehe... Today I have about 400 albums, plus 1200+ songs on Itunes.
Don't forget: the albums you see are the ones I have listened to mostly when I discovered the bands who made them!

Now, I know where my "boundaries" are: Carcass, Impaled Nazarene, Cannibal Corpse & Morbid Angel are the most extreme bands I own. There's no better music when you're feeling like you want to kill someone. Luckily extreme metal exists, or there would me much more murders!!!

I've come a long, long way. Not bad for someone who's first ever album was "No Way Out" by Puff Daddy & The Family. Which he still has...

Dextrimental
12-03-2011, 05:19 AM
Apart from Rage and Therion, I own and like every record on that list, good stuff man!

brutal_descent
12-03-2011, 05:27 AM
Apart from Rage and Therion, I own and like every record on that list, good stuff man!

:D

Dextrimental
12-03-2011, 05:30 AM
:D

problem...?

brutal_descent
12-03-2011, 05:32 AM
problem...?

Nothing, it's just that I'm pretty sure MetalIsArt isn't a guy :D

Dextrimental
12-03-2011, 05:36 AM

I've come a long, long way. Not bad for someone who's first ever album was "No Way Out" by Puff Daddy & The Family. Which he still has...

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 05:36 AM

You might want to re-read the thread title :lol:

brutal_descent
12-03-2011, 05:41 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm not even going to look at the above comments, so embarassed :lol: I really shoud've looked at the thread title

MetalIsArt
12-03-2011, 06:17 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm not even going to look at the above comments, so embarassed :lol: I really shoud've looked at the thread title

Why did you think I'm a girl, because those bands aren't "troo"?

Or because I still have that awful PD album, only because it was the first album I ever got?

Goodday.

Seventhzealot
12-03-2011, 08:10 AM
:lol:

Epidemic Reign
12-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Why did you think I'm a girl, because those bands aren't "troo"?

Or because I still have that awful PD album, only because it was the first album I ever got?

Goodday.

He probably thought Simone was you :lol::lol:

MetalIsArt
12-03-2011, 09:57 AM
He probably thought Simone was you :lol::lol:

Ah, I see. :D

But I do am a lesbian :D