PDA

View Full Version : EPICA Complete Work on New Album, Reveal Title

Epidemic Reign
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
"Requiem for the Indifferent" will be released March 9th, 2012.

http://www.epica.nl/images/coverRftI.jpg

1 - Karma
2 - Monopoly on Truth
3 - Storm the Sorrow
4 - Delirium
5 - Internal Warfare
6 - Requiem for the Indifferent
7 - Anima
8 - Guilty Demeanor
9 - Deep Water Horizon
10 - Stay the Course
11 - Deter the Tyrant
12 - Avalanche
13 - Serenade of Self-Destruction

www.BraveWords.com (http://www.bravewords.com/news/173603)

:party:

Epidemic Reign
12-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Album art and tracklist released via Epica's Official Website (http://www.epica.nl)

Maiden33
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM
One of the most overrated bands in the Prog/Power music circle in my opinion.

Epidemic Reign
12-18-2011, 09:37 PM
One of the most overrated bands in the Prog/Power music circle in my opinion.

I wouldn't really consider them to be "in the Prog/Power circle". They draw influence from prog and power no doubt, but moreso Gothic/symphonic and melodic death metal.

Maiden33
12-18-2011, 09:40 PM
I wouldn't really consider them to be "in the Prog/Power circle". They draw influence from prog and power no doubt, but moreso Gothic/symphonic and melodic death metal.

Well those styles are still in what I consider the greater Prog/Power circle - especially the gothic/symphonic stuff - but even Melodic Death Metal if we're talking about bands like Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, etc. Epica is headlining a night at Prog/Power USA in 2012, so clearly they're associated with the bigger picture of the genre.

I have never been a fan, but I went in with a fairly open-mind when I saw them open for Symphony X in April... terrible, if you ask me. Seriously, I just don't get what people see in their stuff.

Northern_Shaman
12-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Well those styles are still in what I consider the greater Prog/Power circle - especially the gothic/symphonic stuff - but even Melodic Death Metal if we're talking about bands like Mercenary, Scar Symmetry, etc. Epica is headlining a night at Prog/Power USA in 2012, so clearly they're associated with the bigger picture of the genre.

I have never been a fan, but I went in with a fairly open-mind when I saw them open for Symphony X in April... terrible, if you ask me. Seriously, I just don't get what people see in their stuff.

I agree with you here. Epica is to prog/power as Hate is to black/death for me. They have all of the necessary components, and they don't outright do anything completely wrong - the music just isn't great as a whole.

Epidemic Reign
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Ok, I see where you're coming from.

As for the quality of their music, they're one of my top 10 favorite bands so I'm not going to debate that :lol:

Epidemic Reign
01-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Studio version of "Storm the Sorrow" is currently available on YT. Not sure how long that will last.