Anthem
Declaration Day
Days of Rage
Watching Over Me

Dante's Inferno
Iced Earth

Dante's Inferno is probably the best live song I've ever heard. :drool:

EDIT: Review time!

Having seen Iced Earth with Matt Barlow in June at Belgium's Graspop Metal Meeting, I was excited when I heard that the band was coming my way yet again; with Stu Block on vocals, of course, but once I gave Dystopia a listen, this doubtfulness soon turned into eagerness. Block's performance on the record was impeccable, and a very suitable replacement for Barlow (even though the band insisted that he was no "replacement"). Performing in the small stage of a great club venue, I was interested to see how the new songs would translate live; unfortunately, they didn't fare so well in person, but the mind-blowing performances of Dante's Inferno and Watching Over Me made up for it. Most audience members posting on Last.fm afterwards appeared to be disappointed greatly (especially since this was Iced Earth's first and only show in Russia thus far) but I blame the sound systems for the less-than-pleasing sound. After the show, me and a few other lucky folks attended a meet & greet with the band, and fortunately, this meet & greet wasn't as brief as most meet & greet sessions tend to be. Awaiting Jon, Stu, and those other two guys (;)), bassist Freddie hung out with us for about 45 minutes while the others took showers/wet their whistles. Freddie was great to talk with, a very friendly and awesome character, indeed. Jon seemed a bit reserved/tense, while Stu seemed a bit hazy, with the rest of the band (those two guys whose names I don't know) just kept quiet and signed whatever was passed down to them. After a group photo (in which I look like shit :hmm:) I departed, along with some great swag including a pick from Shaffer (given to me by the man himself), and some autographed memorabilia.

Sanitarium78
11-30-2011, 07:06 AM
[I]Dante's Inferno is probably the best live song I've ever heard. :drool:

That's understandable considering it's their best song.

ravenheart
11-30-2011, 07:29 AM
You got the short set too, huh?

Chrispat
11-30-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm glad they did the 16 song setlist instead of the 14 song setlist. I hope they play the 20 song setlist in Cologne next week 7 december. I wanna hear pure evil again!!