PDA

View Full Version : DROWNING POOL part ways with singer Ryan McCombs

dtgamerat
11-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Whether you like them or hate them, I honestly did not see that one coming.

(Source: Blabbermouth.net)
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166603

Texas heavy rockers DROWNING POOL have parted ways with vocalist Ryan McCombs.

A member of DROWNING POOL since 2006, McCombs replaced singer Jason Jones, who joined the band following the tragic passing of Dave Williams.

Ryan recently rejoined his former bandmates in SOIL for a tour of the U.K. that featured a setlist comprised of select cuts from the "Scars" and "Re.de.fine" albums, along with a song from the debut "Throttle Junkies" release.

Commented DROWNING POOL guitarist C.J. Pierce: "We have always been a band who has gained success despite having multiple singers... maybe we suffer from reverse 'lead singer's disease.'

"Changing things up has not always been easy, but the band has become re-energized time and time again.

"We are looking to find a new singer who will give both us, and most importantly our fans, the new adrenaline shot they deserve." He went on to say, "We do wish Ryan great success in his future endeavors."

DROWNING POOL's self-titled fourth album was released in April 2010 via Eleven Seven Music. The CD was recorded at House of Loud (BREAKING BENJAMIN, PARAMORE) with Kato Khandwala producing and David Bendeth mixing. Drummer Mike Luce previously stated about the album, "Sonically, 'Drowning Pool' squashes anything we've ever done. This record is really diverse too. There's some material that could've been taken right off 'Sinner', and there's some new stuff that goes beyond all expectations of this band."

Following their first hit with "Bodies" in 2001, DROWNING POOL developed a special relationship with the military and their families, eventually visiting and performing for the soldiers in Kuwait and Iraq in 2005 and 2006, respectively. They were also instrumental in the passing of the Lane Evans Mental Health Care Reform providing better mental health care for our veterans. During a trip to Capitol Hill, they presented then-Senator Barack Obama with a petition which helped to pass the Lane Evans Mental Health Care Reform, which he sponsored in the Senate and went on to become law supporting the medical rights for our returning warriors. DROWNING POOL engaged in a tour of South Korea for MWR (The US Army's family and morale, welfare and recreation organization) and on Memorial Day 2009 they even played Guantanamo Bay.

mankvill
11-28-2011, 04:21 PM
oohhhh nnoooo

jd091
11-28-2011, 05:05 PM
oohhhh nnoooo

:lol:

Steev
11-28-2011, 05:09 PM
That's dumb, Soil don't do much of anything anymore and the last Drowning Pool album actually did well

ChildrenofSodom
11-28-2011, 05:10 PM
Bodies is the worst fucking song ever. Most used song on P90X "results" videos. Ugh.

Can't hate them for helping veterans though.

elturtleboy
11-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah that foo was boring.

xStructualDefect
11-28-2011, 06:55 PM
I enjoyed their first album. Didn't really care for them after that though.

AnthG
11-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Jesus Christ, this band goes through Singers like the Red Sox go through shortstops.

Epidemic Reign
11-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Now if Drowning Pool can just part ways with everyone else that's in Drowning Pool...

Natrlhi
11-28-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.hotcupofrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/newsfromdomo.jpg

Also:
Now if Drowning Pool can just part ways with everyone else that's in Drowning Pool...
:lol:

Nater
11-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I actually almost expected this when Soil announced Ryan was gonna do the UK tour with them and a couple US shows. I figured that he was gonna go back. To bad because he was a pretty good fit with them. I saw em back in 2008 and he did an awesome job with them. No one's as good as Dave but I think they will keep on keepin on.

elturtleboy
11-28-2011, 11:36 PM
I saw em last year and 90% people there just wanted to hear bodies. Plus no one else was playing and Exodus just finished. Didn't feel like moving.

TonyD
11-29-2011, 01:17 AM
:zzz:

ravenheart
11-29-2011, 02:31 AM
This is hardly surprising, seeing as McCombs rejoined SOiL two months ago to perform the whole Scars album on their UK tour.

NickLed19
11-29-2011, 02:37 AM

haha nice. :D

Steev
11-29-2011, 05:40 AM
This is hardly surprising, seeing as McCombs rejoined SOiL two months ago to perform the whole Scars album on their UK tour.

it only is because in America Soil isn't much of anything

their last album did poorly and honestly the last show I remember them doing was Mayhem where the opened the Jager stage at only one show and did it without their drummer or singer

John The Drummer
11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
Wait a tick.......

Drowning Pool is still around!?

ravenheart
11-29-2011, 08:37 AM
it only is because in America Soil isn't much of anything

their last album did poorly and honestly the last show I remember them doing was Mayhem where the opened the Jager stage at only one show and did it without their drummer or singer

They haven't exactly been successful here either since that album. Redefine did OK, but not great. True Self and Picture Perfect got nowhere.

Steev
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
They haven't exactly been successful here either since that album. Redefine did OK, but not great. True Self and Picture Perfect got nowhere.

yeah but meanwhile here Drowning Pool actually got popular again