PDA

View Full Version : Arkona -- New York, NY -- November 25th, 2011

kulamram
11-25-2011, 11:57 PM
GRAMERCY THEATER
direct support for korpiklaani with openers yonder realm, forged in flame and polkadot cadaver

yonder realm, locals from long island, delivered an aggressive and melodic set to enthusiastic support. forged in flame's stoner-oriented metal, along with polkadot cadaver's unique brand of chaos seemed out of place -- genrewise -- at what promised to be a folk metal tour; both were, nevertheless, entertaining. korpiklaani, whose headliner set list i did not get, brought its usual brand of alcohol-related finnish gaiety. arkona, however, was the reason i attended and they did not disappoint! this was their first time ever in the big apple and, in my opinion, their performance was bewitching from start to finish!

APKAИM (arkaim)
OT CEPДЦA K HEБY (ot sjerdtsje k njebu)
ГOЙ, POДE, ГOЙ (goj, rodje, goj)
3AKЛATЬE (zaklat'je)
CЛAB’CЯ PYC’ (slav'sja rus')
ПO CЫPOЙ 3EMЛE (po syroj zjemlje)
CTEHKA HA CTEHKY (stjenka na stjenku)
ЯPИЛO (jarilo)

Kalsah
11-26-2011, 08:33 AM
So glad, I got to see an Arkona headlining set a week before and Rossomahaar with Korpiklaani.

kulamram
11-26-2011, 11:32 AM
where was the headling set for arKona? and rossomahaar actually played that night too??

cojibo
11-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey. I know that you were mainly there for Arkona. However, I would like to ask if you knew anything for Polkadot Cadaver, or at the very least how long their set was??

Epidemic Reign
11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Can't wait to see Arkona in a couple weeks :D

Kalsah
11-27-2011, 05:55 AM
where was the headling set for arKona? and rossomahaar actually played that night too??

Arkona had a Canada tour a week before Korpiklaani. So the cities Arkona headlined the week before get Rossomahaar instead of Arkona with Korpiklaani.

kulamram
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
polkadot cadaver got thirty minutes

InFlames
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM
What time did Arkona hit the stage and what time did the door open?
I'm afraid I can't make it before 9:30 but I don't want to miss Arkona. :hecho: