PDA

View Full Version : Five Finger Death Punch -- Philadelphia, PA -- November 22nd, 2011

Orion89
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Note: I know everyone on here seems to dislike FFDP (which I can understand) , but I like them, and I'm sure there are some other closet fans on here:tongue:.

Setlist sources: memory, setlist fm

I had heard about this show awhile back. I had only bought my tickets about 3 hours before the show (I'm quite the procrastinator). I was going with my dad, which was pretty cool since I rarley see him. I was pretty stokedfor this show because it did have a really sweet lineup. We got there around 7:30 and doors had already been open for some time. As as we went in my dad had to take a shit, so I waited outside the bathroom and caught the first band of the night. The Electric Factory is a great venue because you have a great view from anywhere you stand. The fisrt band was called Rains. I had never heard of them before they replaced Rev Theroy on the bill.
From what i heard and saw they were OK. Im really not a fan at all of alternative metal, and that's what they were. Their front man wasn't too good either. He wouldn't talk, or say the names of the songs, so i have no idea what they played. Rains 5/10

Next up was one of, if not, the main reason I came. The almighty Hatebreed. By this time my dad and I had scooted our way up to decent spot on the side. I knew the pit was going to get pretty crazy and I wasn't planning on moshing being that I was with my father who isn't the moshing type ( although he could easily handle himself if it came down to it, he's works as a bouncer on the weekends:D). Anyway, at this point the place was packed. The entire crowd went crazy for Hatebreed as soon as they came on. They even got the crowd to hoist a bunch of chicks up on their shoulders during Live For This, infact more than FFDP did. That surprised me. Only wished they woulda played longer. Hatebreed 8.5/10
(I have an awful memory, so they may be a tad out of order, but I'm pretty sure this is it)
1. To The Threshold
2. This is now
3. Everyone Bleeds Now
4. In Ashes They Shall Reap
5. As Diehard as They Come
6. Live for This
7. Betrayed by Life
8. Doomsayer
9. Never Let It Die
10. I Will Be Heard
11. Destroy Everything

After Hatebreed, we were well into the show. The crowd seemed to have doubled in size by the end of Hatebreed. Up next was All that Remains. I saw a shit load of people wearing All that Remains gear, so I knew the crowd was stoked. I personally have never really listened to them, I knew a few songs, but that was it. They came on about 20 min. after Hatebreed ended. They were pretty good. They played for a long ass time man! The crowd was really into them and I couldn't really complain about them because they really did bring their A game. It was funny watching their bass player, who is just a small little chick, out scream/growl Phil. All That Remains 7.5/10 ( Pretty Positive this was the set)
1.Hold On
2.This Calling
3.Forever In Your Hands
4.Dead Wrong
5.The Air That I Breathe
6.Now Let Them Tremble
7.Six
8.The Last Time
10.Won't Go Quietly
9.Some Of The People, All Of The Time
11.Aggressive Opposition
12.Two Weeks

The crowd was pretty tired after All that Remains. A bunch of people moved out, so my dad and I were able to get close to the stage, like 15 feet. It took awhile for FFDP to set up, but it was worth the wait man. Being a drummer, I got all gitty when I saw Jeremy's kit after the cover was pulled off of it. Their stage was pretty awesome. Their light show show was ridiculous haha, it was like they were trying to land a fucking plane. But it was cool. This was my third time seeing them, they were a little better the first time, but this was a very close second. It seemed like they messed up at one point during White Knuckles, but it was kinda funny. Also Jeremy had a drum solo, it really seemed to woo the crowd, but it was nothing shy of what I could do. It was entertaing none the less. Their set seems short, but it reall wasn't all that short. They brought great energy, and they seemed to be having a lot of fun. As long as the band and crowd are into, I can't complain about a band. Thats how it was with FFDP. My dad and I had a great time. It was a great way to spend a night with him. Five Finger Death Punch 9/10
1.Under and Over It
2.Salvation
3.American Capitalist
4.Hard to See
5.The Way of the Fist
6.No One Gets Left Behind
(Jason, Ivan, and Jeremy played a few other song snippets)
7.Bad Company (Bad Company cover)
8.White Knuckles
(Drum Solo)
9.Far From Home ( Just the first verse and chorus)
10.Bulletproof
11.Never Enough
12.Burn it Down
Encore:
13.The Bleeding

Overall, great show.

11/22 FFDP, All that Remains, Hatebreed
1/15 In flames/Trivium ?
1/26 Lamb of God
2/2 Machine Head ?

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Great review, but...

The one thing we hate more than Five Finger Death Punch is incorrect formatting ;)

Orion89
11-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Oh shit! Also at the end of FFDP set IVan Said "We'll see you next summer Philly!" My dad and I just looked at each other and were like "Mayhem!" haha but yeah. Could mean Mayhem 2012

1/15 In flames/Trivium ?
1/26 Lamb of God
2/2 Machine Head ?

Orion89
11-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Great review, but...

The one thing we hate more than Five Finger Death Punch is incorrect formatting ;)

haha sorry:tp: just fixed it:D

1/15 In flames/Trivium ?
1/26 Lamb of God
2/2 Machine Head ?

mankvill
11-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi! Welcome to the site.

Don't worry about the title format for now, it'll be applied once a mod gets around to it. Just try and remember the format for next time!

Also, if you want a signature that you don't have to keep typing, in the top-left corner, click "User CP" and then "Edit Signature"

:D

Nater
11-23-2011, 01:40 PM
Jeanne(ATR's bassist) has hell of a scream on her. I've seen them twice and she's always blown him off the stage especially during The Air That I Breathe. She's hot too.

jd091
11-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Jeanne(ATR's bassist) has hell of a scream on her. I've seen them twice and she's always blown him off the stage especially during The Air That I Breathe. She's hot too.

Dude... you need to re-evaluate your scale of good-looking women. :lol:

Hopefully I'll hit this tour up with my friend. I think it'll be fun. That's a decent size Hatebreed set, even though the only good song they're playing is Betrayed By Life. :bouville: And the All That Remains set could be better (Becoming the Catalyst, etc). But hey, glad you had a fun time. I honestly think 5FDP are great live, even though I don't listen to them on record.

Epidemic Reign
11-23-2011, 03:13 PM
Dude... you need to re-evaluate your scale of good-looking women. :lol:

I was thinking this but didn't want to say it :lol:

TheClairvoyant
11-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Good review, sounds like you had a good night, I actually like some stuff by FFDP.

masterguy49
11-23-2011, 04:44 PM
ATR was awesome on this tour, how dare you score them lower than FFDP :nag:
I don't remember Hatebreed playing Doomsayer though :eyes:
Also @JD, it makes sense that ATR to play a lot of new songs. They are trying to impress the FFDP fans by playing their softer, more radio friendly songs.
Also for All That Remains fans, at my show they announced a new album and tour next year :lovedup:
I was thinking about reviewing my show, but I'll see if I can overcome my laziness.

Orion89
11-23-2011, 04:50 PM
They could very well have not played doomsayer at your stop, hatebreed seem to be changing their set quite a bit throughout this tour.

jhdeity
11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
You might be missing Last Breath by Hatebreed also. They definitely played it at our show because I went f'n ballistic.

Like I mentioned in another post you HAVE to see the ATR drummer from up high if your venue has an upper level. I took a few pics and 1 short video of Some of the People but he plays traditional style and he couldn't possibly have blown Donkey Punch's terrible drummer off the stage more. That guy was sloppy as fuck. Maybe he was drunk or had a bad night but he was by far the worst drummer I saw in 2011 by a mile.

I'm glad I left before he did whatever Tommy Lee cliche' crap he had planned.

Donkey punch are definitely getting paid. That drum riser and LED screen had to cost a shit ton of money!

jd091
11-23-2011, 07:08 PM
You might be missing Last Breath by Hatebreed also. They definitely played it at our show because I went f'n ballistic.

Win. :dance: Set still lacks any good songs from Perseverence. I would pay lots of money to see Hatebreed do a throwback tour someday.

masterguy49
11-23-2011, 07:24 PM

Like I mentioned in another post you HAVE to see the ATR drummer from up high if your venue has an upper level. I took a few pics and 1 short video of Some of the People but he plays traditional style and he couldn't possibly have blown Donkey Punch's terrible drummer off the stage more. That guy was sloppy as fuck. Maybe he was drunk or had a bad night but he was by far the worst drummer I saw in 2011 by a mile.

I'm glad I left before he did whatever Tommy Lee cliche' crap he had planned.

Donkey punch are definitely getting paid. That drum riser and LED screen had to cost a shit ton of money!

Yeah they played Last Breath at my stop too, seems like they've been playing Last Breath throughout the tour. At my stop it was dedicated to Cory from Gwar.

Also yeah the drummer for All That Remains is fucking awesome and kicks FFDP's drummer out the way.

Orion89
11-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Ehh I'm pretty sure they didn't play last breath, but who knows man, maybe I missed it. But yeah I agree ATR's drummer kicks ass. He is very unique in his playing not only does he play traditional, but he also uses the butt of the stick in his right hand, while he uses the tip on the left.

Addicted2metal
11-23-2011, 08:29 PM
When I saw ATR they didn't even play "The Air that I breathe":banghead:

MPF
11-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Ehh I'm pretty sure they didn't play last breath, but who knows man, maybe I missed it. But yeah I agree ATR's drummer kicks ass. He is very unique in his playing not only does he play traditional, but he also uses the butt of the stick in his right hand, while he uses the tip on the left.

Mike Portnoy does the opposite of that, Normal right, butt end left. But yeah, it's very non-traditional. He is a cool drummer.

I just wish ATR didn't abandon their roots so bad.

Orion89
11-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I just wish ATR didn't abandon their roots so bad.

Totally agree man. It's wierd how they're open with it too.

Nater
11-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Good to see Hatebreed is playing more then 6 songs like at the beginning of the tour. I kinda want to go to the show up here but I don't think I will have the money and paying just for Hatebreed really isn't my thing.

imanidiot777
11-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Just saw this show on the 26th at Mohegan Sun Arena, Wilkes-Barre, PA. BAD venue to see this show at. FFDP did good with that big of a stage (I was actually surprised I thought they wouldn't be good at all) but Hatebreed and All That Remains are not meant to be in an arena environment. There were more douche bags at this show than I have ever seen in my life. Typical meat-head metal assholes. Goddamnit.

Secondly, what in the Hell does everyone see in Hatebreed that is so amazing? I have seen them in a small club, outdoors at Mayhem, and now in an Arena, and I can see why they are great mosh music in a small club but they really don't do anything special at all. I don't see it.

masterguy49
11-28-2011, 03:26 AM
Secondly, what in the Hell does everyone see in Hatebreed that is so amazing? I have seen them in a small club, outdoors at Mayhem, and now in an Arena, and I can see why they are great mosh music in a small club but they really don't do anything special at all. I don't see it.

Maybe you are just not with the right crowd. Not mosh music at all. The way Jamey works the crowd is just amazing. When I saw them in Orlando 2 weeks ago, he had the whole crowd jumping and going insane, even if they weren't Hatebreed fans. It's just insane and I've never seen a frontman do it. Hell I didn't jump once and the floor felt like the floor of a bounce house. He even managed to turn the whole venue into a pit. Not many bands can do that, but each time I saw Hatebreed, they got everyone going insane.

imanidiot777
11-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Maybe you are just not with the right crowd. Not mosh music at all. The way Jamey works the crowd is just amazing. When I saw them in Orlando 2 weeks ago, he had the whole crowd jumping and going insane, even if they weren't Hatebreed fans. It's just insane and I've never seen a frontman do it. Hell I didn't jump once and the floor felt like the floor of a bounce house. He even managed to turn the whole venue into a pit. Not many bands can do that, but each time I saw Hatebreed, they got everyone going insane.

I mean, I give them credit for working the crowd. This was a tough crowd there were almost no pits, and I had a good view to see if there were. He got everyone to jump and whatnot (which is difficult in an arena). But still, musically, every single song sounded exactly the same. I would have been fine hearing 2 Hatebreed songs, get the crowd pumped up and crazy, then stop. After about 5 I was like OK, when is this going to be any different than the last one?

masterguy49
11-28-2011, 03:53 AM
I mean, I give them credit for working the crowd. This was a tough crowd there were almost no pits, and I had a good view to see if there were. He got everyone to jump and whatnot (which is difficult in an arena). But still, musically, every single song sounded exactly the same. I would have been fine hearing 2 Hatebreed songs, get the crowd pumped up and crazy, then stop. After about 5 I was like OK, when is this going to be any different than the last one?
Not really sure what to say then, I guess your just not a fan of their music. Though I feel they are far from every song sounding the same.

imanidiot777
11-28-2011, 06:10 AM
Also, does anyone know if the money that was being thrown from the stage by Ivan Moody was real? Or did he not do that at this show?

jd091
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Secondly, what in the Hell does everyone see in Hatebreed that is so amazing?

http://www.metalpesado.com.br/GRAFICOS/wallpapers/wallpapersyahoo/images/hatebreedsatisfactionisthedeathofdesire.jpg

jhdeity
11-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Also, does anyone know if the money that was being thrown from the stage by Ivan Moody was real? Or did he not do that at this show?

Seriously? C'mon man!

masterguy49
11-30-2011, 12:09 PM
.....Are you kidding me?

No it wasn't real.
/facepalm

dcmetal108
11-30-2011, 03:04 PM

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

imanidiot777
12-01-2011, 05:34 AM
.....Are you kidding me?

No it wasn't real.
/facepalm

I wouldn't think so but you never know. He is a little whacked in the head.