PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate FFDP?

GWAR654
11-23-2011, 04:58 AM
Obviously they are doing something to stay on the music market. I for one like them. I know im going to get hazed for saying that but I just want honest opinions on why everyone hates them so much.

300%_Density
11-23-2011, 05:12 AM
*inb4shitstorm begins

GarageMetal468
11-23-2011, 05:13 AM
Because they're arrogant tough guy generic radio rock garbage trying to be metal. It's awful.

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 05:20 AM
>butthurt ffdp fan whines about haters
>misinformation & propaganda

MetalIsArt
11-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Does humour belong in music?

Epidemic Reign
11-23-2011, 05:25 AM
Because they cast the infernal shadow in which all of today's respectable hard rock and metal bands dwell, and they inspire an entire generation of misspent youths to fly their obnoxious doucheflags.

Steev
11-23-2011, 05:45 AM
saw them last night, great show and talked to Ivan after(very nice guy)

buuuut yeah there were ALOT of douches in the crowd

masterguy49
11-23-2011, 05:50 AM
saw them last night, great show and talked to Ivan after(very nice guy)

buuuut yeah there were ALOT of douches in the crowd

Really? At my show there was just a shit ton of rednecks T.T

hellawaits77ny
11-23-2011, 06:15 AM
Because they're arrogant tough guy generic radio rock garbage trying to be metal. It's awful.

Pretty much this.

Also because so many people who really don't know metal, think those guys are.

imanidiot777
11-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Because what they do is not artistic. Their lyrics are way too "straight forward" if you know what I mean. It doesn't take any talent to say "I'm a tough guy, suck my dick." Their lyrics seem like they are written by a rebellious teenager, not someone in their mid-30's with any brain at all. Their guitar riffs are so stupidly simple and repetitive that a 5 year old could wright most of them.

Not to mention it seems like their tough guy act is completely fake.

EDIT: AND yes I am being dragged to see them but I will just pretend I'm not there when they are playing.

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 06:36 AM
I will just pretend I'm not there when they are playing.

If I was you, I wouldn't be there in any form, be it physical or mental ;) I'd leave right after All That Remains.

imanidiot777
11-23-2011, 06:37 AM
If I was you, I wouldn't be there in any form, be it physical or mental ;) I'd leave right after All That Remains.

By being dragged there I meant that I'm going with someone who wants to see them, and that person is female. lol

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Wrong forum.:hmm:

TheDeadPanda
11-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Really? At my show there was just a shit ton of rednecks T.T

This. All of the toothless people were wearing hatebreed shirts at my date.
And they do put on an entertaining show. Even though I do like them his lyrics sometimes make laugh, and almost all of the drum beat or grooves sound the
Exact same. I know they're the douche bag band but they entertain me
Not in the usual music way, just in a funny way.

Steev
11-23-2011, 07:14 AM
there's a great interview with the bassist about the people online(namely Blabbermouth) where he basically just laughs it off and says he honestly doesnt worry about it

nice to hear considering so many bands go on these insane tirades when people knock them

masterguy49
11-23-2011, 07:36 AM
This. All of the toothless people were wearing hatebreed shirts at my date.
And they do put on an entertaining show. Even though I do like them his lyrics sometimes make laugh, and almost all of the drum beat or grooves sound the
Exact same. I know they're the douche bag band but they entertain me
Not in the usual music way, just in a funny way.

Same here. I mean how can you not laugh at shit like "NO MERCY IS THE WAY OF THE FIST" or "ONE, TWO, FUCK YOU". Yeah it's stupid as fuck, but it's pretty funny.

ravenheart
11-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Obviously they are doing something to stay on the music market. I for one like them. I know im going to get hazed for saying that but I just want honest opinions on why everyone hates them so much.

I hate them because they were a good band, then they decided to throw out the most talented member they had, and change their style to generic, derivitive alt-metal with no substance.

Which is just a rewording of what you said in your first sentence.

makethemsuffer12
11-23-2011, 07:43 AM

Yeah. Appeal to tasteless rednecks.

ravenheart
11-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Does humour belong in music?

Ask Helloween.

Steev
11-23-2011, 07:47 AM
Same here. I mean how can you not laugh at shit like "NO MERCY IS THE WAY OF THE FIST" or "ONE, TWO, FUCK YOU". Yeah it's stupid as fuck, but it's pretty funny.

they've even admitted their stuff is tongue in cheek

brutal_descent
11-23-2011, 07:51 AM
they've even admitted their stuff is tongue in cheek

As if that justifies all the generic shit they play. :tp:

mankvill
11-23-2011, 08:05 AM
I hate them because their fans post threads about them in wrong sub-forums

jhdeity
11-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I hate them because their fans post threads about them in wrong sub-forums

hahaha

Ok I just saw these guys for the 4th time and I think I know why they're so hated. 1st of all they should be opening for Hatebreed and All That Remains. PERIOD!

Hatebreed came out and killed it... for 40 minutes. Even though Rev Theory dropped off the bill, Hatebreed only got like 1 more song. FAIL!

All That Remains aren't my favrote band the the singer is actually a total Tool on stage but the f'n drummer was AMAZING! Dude plays traditional style. Picture little drummer boy playing thrash chops. It was the coolest thing of the night by far.

Donkey Punch comes out and have this incredible huge LED screen behind them. I was like holy fuck! That's about the only cool thing I can say about them. You could see the drummer had a riser on pulleys prompting all the Tommy Lee is playing drums for Donkey Punch now jabs. Once they come out and are muddy sounding, the drummer is sloppy as fuck and they tap every single cliche' known to man you'll know why people hate them.

During American Capitalist they had all their sponsors ads on the LED screen like a F'n nascar driver. It might have been clever if it was for a minute or just flashed but it was the whole song. Then Ivan says who wanted to hear Hard to See? and the idiots go wild and he says FUCK THAT! We're doing something heavy and does Way of the Fist! Obviously I'd rather hear WoTF but cheeseball 101. The final straw was the hideous cover. 5 min later I was walking out the door. All That Remains impressed the living shit outta me. IF Jasta were their frontman they would be a great live band. Hatebreed killed as usual. Jasta is a f'n General that Moody wishes he could be one day.

So yeah that's why I think... And the crowd was douche central with at least 100 people there to hear Bad Company...

BloodoftheKings
11-23-2011, 09:14 AM

This is all that needs to be said. I'm not going to bother with the rest of this thread.

imanidiot777
11-23-2011, 09:32 AM
Not to mention, I feel like Moody TRIES to be like Phil Anselmo. First of all he blows at it and it comes across as an act whereas Phil definitely was a little out of his mind, and secondly he should be himself.

Steev
11-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Not to mention, I feel like Moody TRIES to be like Phil Anselmo. First of all he blows at it and it comes across as an act whereas Phil definitely was a little out of his mind, and secondly he should be himself.

I literally just saw him and he didn't seem like he was trying to be Phil(and face it, once Phil was just trying to be Mike Muir, it happens)

I think people over think this way too much, YES alot of douches/bros/etc like them, but they're a solid band and alot of people are just missing the humor and schtick of the whole thing

which is fine, they bring along great openers too

elturtleboy
11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
They suck balls. Nuff said.

jhdeity
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
I literally just saw him and he didn't seem like he was trying to be Phil(and face it, once Phil was just trying to be Mike Muir, it happens)

I think people over think this way too much, YES alot of douches/bros/etc like them, but they're a solid band and alot of people are just missing the humor and schtick of the whole thing

which is fine, they bring along great openers too

Steel Panther is humor/schtick because they don't actually believe they're the heaviest band on the planet. I met Ivan and he literally does think he's fucking Phil Anselmo... albeit when he's drunk. In his defense he was kinda cool before the show started but after they played he was a total Phil clone.

ChildrenofSodom
11-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Is "their music sucks" a good enough reason?

dcmetal108
11-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Steel Panther is humor/schtick because they don't actually believe they're the heaviest band on the planet. I met Ivan and he literally does think he's fucking Phil Anselmo... albeit when he's drunk. In his defense he was kinda cool before the show started but after they played he was a total Phil clone.

Steel Panther makes great catchy songs and are overly nice and down to earth people.

FFDP are rednecks who got lucky.

jhdeity
11-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Steel Panther makes great catchy songs and are overly nice and down to earth people.

FFDP are rednecks who got lucky.

Well said...

xStructualDefect
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't hate them, I just don't like them. Although I do believe they get more shit than they deserve.

I still crazy to believe how the first time I saw this band they were a local band opening up for DragonForce, All That Remains, and Horse The Band back in 2006. No one had any idea who they were. They didn't even have their first album out yet. 5 years later they're debuting at number 3 on the Billboards.

John The Drummer
11-23-2011, 04:06 PM
They suck, that's why.

I don't get what people see in them. I hear their stuff on the radio here in Seattle and it's just like "Ok... what the hell was that? Is that really the HOT NEW MUSIC that kids are listening to?" It's not edgy, its not original, its lame and the most one track minded music I probably have ever heard, even Limp Bizkit did it better.

They are getting a ton of play on the Music Choice "Metal" channel, I heard a couple songs they don't play on our radio here, both sucked. But to put into a more thoughtful manner, they were both the same song. Same structure, practically same riffs, same vocal patterns, there was nothing to it.

larvtard
11-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Same structure, practically same riffs, same vocal patterns, there was nothing to it.

To be fair, most metal is like that. Not a great criticism.

EDIT: I think what I meant to say was, most people that don't like the extreme shit we listen to would say that about our music as well.

illuminatus917
11-23-2011, 09:06 PM
EDIT: I think what I meant to say was, most people that don't like the extreme shit we listen to would say that about our music as well.

That's the general consensus most have towards a genre they don't know or understand.

"It all sounds the same"

larvtard
11-23-2011, 09:12 PM
That's the general consensus most have towards a genre they don't know or understand.

"It all sounds the same"

Yes, exactly what I'm saying :fist:

makethemsuffer12
11-23-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't hate them, I just don't like them. Although I do believe they get more shit than they deserve.

I still crazy to believe how the first time I saw this band they were a local band opening up for DragonForce, All That Remains, and Horse The Band back in 2006. No one had any idea who they were. They didn't even have their first album out yet. 5 years later they're debuting at number 3 on the Billboards.

Yeah I remember friending them on Myspace before there first album came out. It's crazy to me how much they've blown up.

dcmetal108
11-24-2011, 09:39 AM
And its all the 13 year olds that listen to only FFDP and call themselves metalheads that support them.

There are TONS of FFDP kids in my high school and I've asked them what other bands they like or what genre of metal they are into it and almost every single one doesn't like metal or hard rock even. Most say Lil Wayne's their other favorite "artist".

Maiden33
11-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Yeah I remember friending them on Myspace before there first album came out. It's crazy to me how much they've blown up.

Another crazy thing about them hardly anyone now even knows/remembers:

One of their original guitarists was Darrell Roberts, who was in WASP from like 2002-2006.

mankvill
11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Disliking bands because of their fans is stupid.

powerslave_85
11-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Disliking bands because of their fans is stupid.
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20111123.jpg

mankvill
11-24-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/comics/20111123.jpg

nn2s :lovedup:

powerslave_85
11-24-2011, 01:35 PM
I was so happy when Mitch decided to start it back up again :party:

MetalIsArt
11-25-2011, 02:00 AM
Ask Helloween.

It was a pointless question, just as this thread.

They suck.

ravenheart
11-25-2011, 03:28 AM
Another crazy thing about them hardly anyone now even knows/remembers:

One of their original guitarists was Darrell Roberts, who was in WASP from like 2002-2006.

I hate them because they were a good band, then they decided to throw out the most talented member they had, and change their style to generic, derivitive alt-metal with no substance.

Which is just a rewording of what you said in your first sentence.

Precisely my point.