PDA

View Full Version : Obituary -- Atlanta, GA -- November 21st, 2011

larvtard
11-21-2011, 09:21 PM

Sepultura69
11-21-2011, 09:31 PM
So I went to this show not for Obituary (they're probably one of the most boring, mediocre death metal bands I've ever heard; even their two critically acclaimed albums, Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death, are only decent)

No.....:confused:

FUCKING OBITUARY HOLY FUCK
I only recognized “Evil Ways,” “Redneck Stomp,” and “Slowly We Rot,” and my brother said they also played “Dethroned Emperor.” I'm sure someone will come on and post a full set, though!
:bouville:

Glad you had an awesome time though. :rocker:

mankvill
11-21-2011, 09:43 PM
you are the worst person here

get out before i ban you myself

xStructualDefect
11-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Not a fan of Obituary, but holy fuck do they put on an amazing show.

mankvill
11-21-2011, 09:48 PM
yes, let's pretend for a moment that you have the ability to actually ban people :tp: even if I was banned, this forum wouldn't be the same without me. who else would tell you funny drunk stories??? ;)

I KNOW, RIGHT???

"i peeeeeeeeeed"

okay you're right you can stay

Sepultura69
11-21-2011, 09:52 PM
Not a fan of Obituary, but holy fuck do they put on an amazing show.

Hell yeah, man. They were easily one of the best bands that I saw at this years Scion Rock Fest. Soooooo fuckin' heavy ESPECIALLY during "Internal Bleeding" :rocker:

treghet
11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
So I went to this show not for Obituary (they're probably one of the most boring, mediocre death metal bands I've ever heard; even their two critically acclaimed albums, Slowly We Rot and Cause of Death, are only decent).

Aaaand you don't like Autopsy. Opinion invalid.

But at least you had fun. I need to see Obituary again. They're one of my favorites.

xStructualDefect
11-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Hell yeah, man. They were easily one of the best bands that I saw at this years Scion Rock Fest. Soooooo fuckin' heavy ESPECIALLY during "Internal Bleeding" :rocker:

Yeah I saw them at Scion Rock Fest too and I was surprised how much I enjoyed them live. A lot of death metal bands I've seen live that I'm not really a fan of always impress me. Hell, I'm not a fan of Anaal Nathrakh but they were solid live. Dying Fetus has also got to be one of the best bands I've ever seen.

MPF
11-21-2011, 10:28 PM
SO...I take it you made it home alright?

jd091
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
who else would tell you funny drunk stories??? ;)

The only drunk stories that matter are Vegantopher's! :nag:

christopher
11-22-2011, 02:17 AM
yes, let's pretend for a moment that you have the ability to actually ban people :tp: even if I was banned, this forum wouldn't be the same without me. who else would tell you funny drunk stories??? ;)

Someone who knows how to drink ;)

christopher
11-22-2011, 02:18 AM
The only drunk stories that matter are Vegantopher's! :nag:

:hug: I didn't even see this before my last post :D

justinm4bama
11-22-2011, 06:28 AM
Set:

Internal Bleeding
On The Floor
List of Dead
Blood to Give
Find The Arise
Chopped in Half/Turned Inside Out
Dying
Dethroned Emperor (Celtic Frost cover)
Threating Skies
By The Light
The End Complete
Slow Death
'Til Death
Evil Ways
Redneck Stomp
Slowly We Rot

Great set, but considering they only played for 70 minutes they could've easily added Insane or Don't Care to it. No complaints though, they were awesome!

coltongsmith
11-22-2011, 06:38 AM
set was great and the venue was new but obituary brought down the damn house

smearCampaign
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Find The Arise
Chopped in Half/Turned Inside Out
Dying

Those songs in a row = :rocker: :drool: :rocker:

treghet
11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Find the Arise?? Nice. :party:

also...for some reason I thought it was general consensus that Obituary kinda sucked.

Sometimes you really confuse me. :hecho:

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Hey, where's this art gallery? There have apparently been some decent shows there over the past couple of months, but I can't seem to find it. I heard Agnostic Front played there a few weeks ago.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Nice, thanks! I've got a google page up for it already. The sound won't hinder me too much, I've been up to Swayze's and The Seven a lot these days, so I'm used to crappy PAs.

mastodon421
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
haha, yeah man. thanks :)

also...for some reason I thought it was general consensus that Obituary kinda sucked.

I think I am the only one that thinks that. I actually do like their old stuff, but I found them to be extremely boring live. Easily one of the most boring live bands I've ever seen.

John The Drummer
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM
You sure the Celtic Frost cover wasn't "Circle of Tyrants"?
Still a band I want to see before I die >__<

Epidemic Reign
11-22-2011, 03:08 PM
You sure the Celtic Frost cover wasn't "Circle of Tyrants"?
Still a band I want to see before I die >__<

Nah, that'd be cool but Dethroned Emperor has been a staple of their set since the Left to Die EP was released.

Definitely go when you get the chance, they're fantastic live.

John The Drummer
11-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Nah, that'd be cool but Dethroned Emperor has been a staple of their set since the Left to Die EP was released.

Definitely go when you get the chance, they're fantastic live.

:hecho:
i didn't know they covered that, I really need to keep up with these damn bands!!

valgalder
11-22-2011, 03:35 PM
they have always been good when i've seen them live. How can you NOT like Cause of Death and Slowly We Rot? I can take it or leave it with any of their newer stuff.. it's not bad.. just those two initial releases were pummeling deathmetal for the time.

christopher
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
NOO, don't you get it? My stories are funny because I don't know how to drink!

I don't remember laughing at any of your stories.