PDA

View Full Version : New SOULFLY Album Due Early 2012

brutal_descent
11-20-2011, 08:14 AM
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.

Commented Ryan: "It's an honor to receive a call from someone you had pictures of on your wall as a kid asking you to be on a new album of theirs. I literally had a picture of Max [Cavalera, SOULFLY mainman] and Gloria [Max's wife and manager] holding [Gloria's son] Richie in her arms that I ripped out of a copy of Metal Maniacs on my wall when I was 15 or 16. Now they're asking for my artistic hand in one of their creations; [it] just doesn't get much more surreal than that. Very honored and the song is very 'death metal-ish' and completely crushes. Happy to be a part of it!"

The producer of SOULFLY's new album, Chris "Zeuss" Harris (HATEBREED, SHADOWS FALL, THE RED CHORD) stated about Travis' contribution, "The vocals fucking rule!!!! Fits the song perfect… Very refreshing for me to hear these days."

SOULFLY's new CD was recorded at a Phoenix, Arizona studio and will feature an additional guest appearance by DEVILDRIVER/COAL CHAMBER frontman Dez Fafara. The follow-up to 2010's "Omen" was described by SOULFLY's new drummer, David Kinkade (BORKNAGAR, ARSIS, MALEVOLENT CREATION), as "crushing, fast thrash, blasting, tribal and fueled by extreme burrito fury. . . The record is sounding fucking SICK. Thrashy as fuck... totally 'Arise' [referring to SEPULTURA's classic 1991 album] on crack and speed."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=166247

MPF
11-20-2011, 12:13 PM
Vocalist Travis Ryan of San Diego, Californa extreme metallers CATTLE DECAPITATION has recorded a guest appearance on the new SOULFLY album, due in early 2012 via Roadrunner Records. Travis — who was a replacement for SOULFLY's original choice, OCEANO's Adam Warren — recorded his portion of the vocals at Frick'in Studios in San Marcos, California with engineer Dan Frick.

I just think I died a little....Why would Max ever consider this?

Steev
11-20-2011, 12:19 PM

He just did a tour with Otep, at that point I stopped understanding his mindset

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Wasn't this announced over a week ago?

metallicbrian666
11-20-2011, 05:54 PM
This should be good. Omen was killer

The Oceano thing is gay but thankfully they got someone awesome instead

Sepultura69
11-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit. :hmm:

But I do love me some good ol' "Schizophrenia" or "Beneath the Remains" :D

MPF
11-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Damn, another Shitfly record. I hate shitfly, I hate Max. He smells like shit and is a big fat asshole that smells like shit. :hmm:

Your name and your statement is such a paradox. My mind is going to explode.

Sepultura69
11-20-2011, 09:57 PM

I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.

MPF
11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I saw soulfly at the end of 2010, after the show was over the legendary Max Cavalera was just chilling outside the house of blues by the side street next to his tour bus. He was chilling with no body, all by himself! Anyways, me and the 3 other fans(me and 3 other people were the only ones outside, for some reason everyone else still stayed in the venue) start yelling out maxes name so we all start running up to him so we can talk to him possibly get his autograph or something, we were only a couple of feet away from him. His Lame party pooper Wife shows up out of no where and grabs max by the hand and they both book it like speedy Gonzales into the tour bus and the tour bus dashes like lightning! Me and the 3 other fans were like straight up "FUCK THIS FATT CHUBBY CLOWN". So yeah. I respect Max Cavalera as a musician, and he did start one of my favorite metal bands of all time but I think as a human being, he smells like shit.

Sounds like every married couple I know. You can't blame him for that. Although she is the Yoko Ono/Sharon Osborne of Death/Thrash/Groove Metal.

300%_Density
11-20-2011, 10:08 PM

I understand wanting to meet someone really bad and when you do you have a bad experience. I'm lucky I've never ran into that personally but I know it happens. Its tough bc it does sound bad but I've found it unfair to label someone w/o knowing them. Idk. I've always tried to keep perspective when meeting someone. I know they are more public figures & its part of the job and everyone has bad nights. Just my 2 cents.

Sepultura69
11-20-2011, 10:46 PM
I understand wanting to meet someone really bad and when you do you have a bad experience. I'm lucky I've never ran into that personally but I know it happens. Its tough bc it does sound bad but I've found it unfair to label someone w/o knowing them. Idk. I've always tried to keep perspective when meeting someone. I know they are more public figures & its part of the job and everyone has bad nights. Just my 2 cents.

Its pretty well known that Max Cavalera is an ass hole. I've read many posts online from other peoples experience on meeting him and they're almost identical to mine(one story I read where max and his wife told some people to beat it and am scray JUST because they wanted max to sign their Beneath the remains and Arise CD...WTF). Sure he might do professional interviews and hell he might even be on a good one and stick around for the fans and chill but all i know is that...From MY personal experience....He was standing outside, with no one around him...it was past 11 pm. There was no crowed of people to make a run and give him headache and hardtime...just 3 fucking fans outside. He and his wife ran from us like we were a pack of voltures or something. Fuck max. You know who is the opposite of that? Barney from Napalm Death. After they finished their set, Barney got off stage and gave me an un opened water bottle and signed it, then me barney, my friends and a couple of fans start chatting it up! Such a fucking awesome dude.

Epidemic Reign
11-20-2011, 11:08 PM

>implying that Soulfly is less shitty than Otep

hellawaits77ny
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM

Agreed. Awful choice!!

HA! Yeah judging from the way he looks I could definately imagine that.

300%_Density
11-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Its pretty well known that Max Cavalera is an ass hole. I've read many posts online from other peoples experience on meeting him and they're almost identical to mine(one story I read where max and his wife told some people to beat it and am scray JUST because they wanted max to sign their Beneath the remains and Arise CD...WTF). Sure he might do professional interviews and hell he might even be on a good one and stick around for the fans and chill but all i know is that...From MY personal experience....He was standing outside, with no one around him...it was past 11 pm. There was no crowed of people to make a run and give him headache and hardtime...just 3 fucking fans outside. He and his wife ran from us like we were a pack of voltures or something. Fuck max. You know who is the opposite of that? Barney from Napalm Death. After they finished their set, Barney got off stage and gave me an un opened water bottle and signed it, then me barney, my friends and a couple of fans start chatting it up! Such a fucking awesome dude.

Fair enough. I'll give you that. I never heard that but I'll give you that. Good example of Barney. He was cool as fuck when I met him when they toured w/ Kataklysm few years ago.

christopher
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
I just saw Soulfly is playing the Viper Room in Hollywood on Dec 29th and Marquee Theater in Tempe on Dec 30th for anyone interested

Sepultura69
12-01-2011, 11:23 PM
I just saw Soulfly is playing the Viper Room in Hollywood on Dec 29th and Marquee Theater in Tempe on Dec 30th for anyone interested

Man...

That fat bastard max must have a boner for California or something. He always comes here like 2-3 times a year. A couple times with Soul Fly and a couple shows here and there with Cavalera Conspiracy. Hell, He just played like two shows around here not too long ago with igor...now hes coming back with that twat rizzo and his lame ass riffs. If only he would(errr..could) play as many shows as he does now but with an epic Reunited Sepultura. :hecho:

Anyways No thank you sir, I shall be skipping this. The last time I saw soul fly it was cool ass hell to hear max scream out those sep tunes but goddamn those Soul fly songs were giving me such a bad headache. :hecho:

christopher
12-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Man...

That fat bastard max must have a boner for California or something. He always comes here like 2-3 times a year. A couple times with Soul Fly and a couple shows here and there with Cavalera Conspiracy. Hell, He just played like two shows around here not too long ago with igor...now hes coming back with that twat rizzo and his lame ass riffs. If only he would(errr..could) play as many shows as he does now but with an epic Reunited Sepultura. :hecho:

Anyways No thank you sir, I shall be skipping this. The last time I saw soul fly it was cool ass hell to hear max scream out those sep tunes but goddamn those Soul fly songs were giving me such a bad headache. :hecho:

I have no interest either in attending this show. I just thought it was interesting they would choose to play the Viper Room after playing bigger places like the Key Club and HOB.

brutal_descent
12-06-2011, 08:52 AM
2012 will see the release of Enslaved, a brand new SOULFLY album, which will be their eighth overall. While many bands barely make it to a third album, the Max Cavalera-led collective is still going strong two decades deep. 2012 also marks the band's 15th anniversary of making a tribally-influenced metallic racket and what better way to celebrate than with a new record? The album will be released via longtime label Roadrunner Records, which has been SOULFLY's home for the course of its career. The label has also been Cavalera's home for the duration of his career, which began in the '80s as a member of Sepultura, who essentially rewrote the rules of heavy music when they arrived on the scene; Max continues to do the same today.

The song remains insane for SOULFLY, as does the lineup. The powerhouse lineup features Max and guitar dynamo Marc Rizzo, with Static-X's Tony Campos taking up the bass. The lineup is rounded out by drummer David Kinkade, a new school, extreme skinsman whose brutality behind the kit brings a new flavor to the band.

Enslaved was recorded at Tallcat Studios in Phoenix, Arizona and was produced by Zeuss, the seasoned knob twiddler behind some of the most notable bands in metal today, such as Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, The Red Chord and more. Cavalera also shared production duties.

As is customary with Soulfly, the band will introduce some new and unexpected elements into the mix, including a guest violinist. SOULFLY also collaborates with two metal veterans: Dez Fafara of Devildriver and Travis Ryan of Cattle Decapitation. With Dez and Max sharing a longtime connection through the Roadrunner family, it was only a matter of time before Fafara guested on a Soulfly album. Meanwhile, Ryan said it was "an honor to receive a call from someone you had pictures of on your wall as a kid."

Cavalera also wrote a song "Revengeance" about his slain stepson Dana, whose death was the catalyst for the creation of SOULFLY. He partners with his sons Igor and Richie on vocals, while his other son Zyon plays drums. It is the first time Max has performed with three of his sons.

The band tracked 14 songs, 11 of which will be on the record, with the other three being made available for the special edition. Track titles are as follows: "Resistance," "World Scum," "Intervention," "Gladiator," "Legions," "American Steel," "Redemption of Man By God," "Treachery," "Plata O Plomo," "Revengeance," "Chains," "Slave," "Bastards" and "Soulfly VIII." Please note this is not the final track sequencing.

The album is due out in March 13, 2012. It follows 2010's Omen.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/page/News?news_id=116151

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 07:51 AM
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g457/Roadrunner_UK/Enslavedaw-1.jpg