The Devil & Me
-----------------
Tight Like That (Acoustic)
Basket of Eggs (Acoustic)
Electric Worry >
One Eye Dollar

Onioner
11-19-2011, 11:53 PM
Silly ravenheart, Strange Cousins from the West isn't a Clutch song! The phrase is in the lyrics of Minotaur though, so do you think you just confused Minotaur for two separate songs or was there maybe another new song in between PRF and Minotaur?

Also, the two new songs are likely Newt Gingrich and Pig Town Blues, which they played earlier in the year. Newt has a chorus of "the wolf man is coming out" while Pig Town Blues has Neil on slide guitar.

MPF
11-19-2011, 11:55 PM
DO WANT!

brutal_descent
11-20-2011, 12:13 AM
What is this I see? No Mob Goes Wild? :eek:

Onioner
11-20-2011, 12:40 AM
What is this I see? No Mob Goes Wild? :eek:

Eh, they've been known to not play it every few shows or so. They didn't play it when I saw them on a headlining off-date from the Motorhead tour last January for example.

50k Unstoppable Watts, Struck Down and Pure Rock Fury have pretty much been mainstays for the past year or so though. SCftW is straight up the worst Clutch album released yet (only because literally every other album of theirs is amazing), so the less songs from it the better IMO.

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 03:30 AM
Yep, sorry, I noted the Minotaur lyrics then forgot to delete!

Now that's interesting... That makes Newt Gingrich the first new song, and Pig Town Blues the question mark. So there's a third new song now.

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 03:35 AM
SCftW is straight up the worst Clutch album released yet (only because literally every other album of theirs is amazing), so the less songs from it the better IMO.

My copy of Strange Cousins STILL isn't in stock, but from the songs I've heard live, you're s traight up wrong ;)

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 05:59 AM
Some lyrics I have from the chorus of the missing new song are something along the lines of: "waiting on the corner for the Swiss guard to arrive"

TheClairvoyant
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Excellent set, even without The Mob Goes Wild, all though, hopefully they'll add Animal Farm back in there eventually :P

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm actually glad for the absence of The Mob Goes Wild, Animal Farm, and a bunch of others, because I saw all those earlier this year.

In fact, between the 21 songs here, and the 16 I saw in June, only 5 are duplicated. I call that a win :D

Although no Soapmakers makes me sad, even if I did see that one in June.

ravenheart
11-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Listening to clips on Youtube from other shows, I'm not certain they did play Pig Town Blues.

I think the slide blues stuff I'm remembering was just an extended first half of Gravel Road. And the nothing in the lyrics of Pig Town Blues sounds at all like what I remember from the new song Neil introduced.

jhdeity
11-20-2011, 05:33 PM
My copy of Strange Cousins STILL isn't in stock, but from the songs I've heard live, you're s traight up wrong ;)

I think it's by far the worst also. None of the songs are great. They're all ok

Onioner
11-20-2011, 06:50 PM
I think it's by far the worst also. None of the songs are great. They're all ok

Pretty much this. There isn't a single song on Strange Cousins that I would care to see live, whereas I can name at least 2 or 3 from the other albums, if not most of the albums entirely.

Blast Tyrant, Robot Hive/Exodus and From Beale Street to Oblivion aka The Holy Trinity.

MPF
11-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Woah, Since when did everyone start bagging on Strange Cousins From The West? Yeah it's not their best album. But I love every song on it. 50,000 Unstoppable Watts is such a killer song.

300%_Density
11-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Woah, Since when did everyone start bagging on Strange Cousins From The West? Yeah it's not their best album. But I love every song on it. 50,000 Unstoppable Watts is such a killer song.

All of this. :agree:

ravenheart
11-21-2011, 02:39 AM
I'm so bored of 50,000 Unstoppable Watts it's not even funny.

But Minotaur absolutely slays live. Strange Cousins is a much better album than Beale Street and Jam Room :finger2:

Natrlhi
11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
I'm so bored of 50,000 Unstoppable Watts it's not even funny.

But Minotaur absolutely slays live. Strange Cousins is a much better album than Beale Street and Jam Room :finger2:This, basically. "50K Watts" is a bit overplayed, sure, but it gets the crowd pumped up, so I don't mind it that much. "Freakonomics" is absolutely fucking awesome, and I've always been a big fan of "Let a Poor Man Be" as well (not that I can relate to the lyrics, or anything :nag: :eyes: :D).

EDIT: That said, I don't think I want to live in a world where "Electric Worry" doesn't exist. :snivel:

daimonos
11-21-2011, 01:24 PM

Two years ago when it came out. I remember the same exact people saying the sames things about it here two years ago...