PDA

View Full Version : Kyuss Lives! -- Los Angeles, CA -- November 18th, 2011

Onioner
11-19-2011, 02:35 AM
Ridiculously awesome show, miles better than the date in Pomona a month ago. The band played for over two hours straight, but took a couple of small two minute breaks in order to switch bassists. The first chunk of the show was with Nick, the second with SCOTT FUCKING REEDER, and then Nick returned for the last part.

The first hour with Nick was essentially the main set they've been doing for the whole tour, so no surprises there. Still a bitchin' hour to be sure though. The second half hour with Scott was mainly rarities, and was probably the highlight of the show. Dude is one of the most insane bass players I have ever seen live. The intro to Demon Cleaner was extended and jammed out, Fatso Forgotso was epic as hell, and N.O. was just straight up awesome. Mario and Dino from Fatso Jetson joined the band for the song, and those two and Bruno all had trade-off solos. That was probably the most badass part of the concert. Triple guitars+Scott Reeder=:drool: When Nick returned for the last part of the show, all he said into the mic was "Scott Reeder" and the audience went apeshit. His portion was still pretty awesome, but we all knew Scott owned his ass this night.

1. Gardenia
2. Hurricane
3. One Inch Man
4. Thumb
5. Freedom Run
6. Asteroid
7. Supa-Scoopa and Mighty Scoop
8. Conan Troutman
9. Odyssey
10. Whitewater
11. El Rodeo
12. 100 Degrees
Switch to Scott Reeder on bass :D:rocker:
13. Fatso Forgotso
14. Demon Cleaner
15. Tangy Zizzle
16. N.O. (with Mario and Dino Lalli from Fatso Jetson):rocker::rocker:
Switch to Nick Oliveri on bass
17. Spaceship Landing
18. Molten Universe
19. 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up)
20. Allen's Wrench
21. Green Machine

TonyD
11-19-2011, 02:41 AM
Going in a matter of hours... must... not... look

Onioner
11-19-2011, 02:47 AM
Going in a matter of hours... must... not... look

This was billed as a special "homecoming show" with Scott advertised as a special guest. I'd expect their standard 90 minute set for SF.

christopher
11-19-2011, 05:52 AM
I got an email advertising a 2 and a half hour set. Did they play that long?

larvtard
11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
didn't Black Cobra play this?

kommie
11-19-2011, 08:32 AM
I thought douche bag Nick Oliveri was in jail?

Onioner
11-19-2011, 08:49 PM
I got an email advertising a 2 and a half hour set. Did they play that long?

Nope, about 2 hours and 15 minutes with a couple of pretty short breaks.

didn't Black Cobra play this?

Yes they did. I thought they were cool, but their vocals were buried in the mix.

I thought douche bag Nick Oliveri was in jail?

Nope again, he's allowed to remain in the U.S. to play concerts since that's how he makes a living. Scott Reeder plays all the international dates though. Douche or not, dude played well and seemed pretty jolly throughout the show. I even talked to a guy after the show who told me how he ran into Nick at a bar in Holland and chilled with him for a few hours. He told me Nick then gave him a free ticket to their show later that night- doesn't sound like that bad of a guy to me, especially since the band themselves announced that his arrest last summer was blown out of proportion.

kommie
11-19-2011, 10:50 PM
This is the second time he's been arrested for something like this, sounds like he has problems.

TonyD
11-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Damn looks like you guys got a much better set, but I was exhausted at the end anyway

Onioner
11-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Damn looks like you guys got a much better set, but I was exhausted at the end anyway

Yeah, but for every special LA show, the Bay gets like 5 special shows, so I wouldn't worry. :lol:

On an unrelated note, get your ass to the HoF show on Thanksgiving if you can, it looks like they're playing new material on this tour.

TonyD
11-20-2011, 01:14 AM
Yeah, but for every special LA show, the Bay gets like 5 special shows, so I wouldn't worry. :lol:

On an unrelated note, get your ass to the HoF show on Thanksgiving if you can, it looks like they're playing new material on this tour.

Any that I give a shit about? Not really.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to go but there's still a slight chance. Here's the last set from setlist.fm
Fury Whip
Speedwolf
Devilution
The Face of Oblivion
Hung, Drawn and Quartered
Rumors of War
Frost Hammer
Blood From Zion
Snakes For The Divine
Madness of an Architecht
Serums of Liao

Onioner
11-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Any that I give a shit about? Not really.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna be able to go but there's still a slight chance. Here's the last set from setlist.fm
Fury Whip
Speedwolf
Devilution
The Face of Oblivion
Hung, Drawn and Quartered
Rumors of War
Frost Hammer
Blood From Zion
Snakes For The Divine
Madness of an Architecht
Serums of Liao

Well, I meant shows like Exodus last year, Missing Link, Sleep, Megadeth playing My Last Words etc.

Yeah, that was what I saw. Hopefully Greg Fidelman stays the hell away from the next album.

TonyD
11-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Dude keep your eyes open I'm sure there's plenty there (as long as you have a car).

TonyD
11-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Looks like at least everything from Saturdays show in Bend and later has been canceled, so oh well.
But here's a video of a new song. Sounds like the Sleep reunion has influenced the new stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAfoTP1R0Go&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf5wytIcnts&feature=related

Onioner
11-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Weird about the cancelled shows. The new stuff sounds cool though, Madness of an Architect definitely has a Sleep sound, but Serums of Liao sounds like regular slow-mid tempo HoF like How Dark We Pray to me. I'm stoked either way, although I'm kind of bummed that they never really developed the progressive sludge sound of Death is this Communion further. Still gonna be killer though.

TonyD
11-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Well I was almost finished with a full review of my show and I accidentally closed the tab.

Fuck.

christopher
11-21-2011, 12:24 AM
Well I was almost finished with a full review of my show and I accidentally closed the tab.

Fuck.

Ahh I hate when that happens.

Onioner
11-21-2011, 12:34 AM

Fuck.

That sucks. How long was the set? When I saw them in Pomona a month ago, they only played 75 minutes.

TonyD
11-21-2011, 12:37 AM
pretty much 90 minutes with the encore