PDA

View Full Version : Absu -- Revere, MA -- November 13th, 2011

larvtard
11-14-2011, 04:19 AM

ShatteredFlame
11-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Jeez I'm glad I am always careful where I leave my stuff, or my constant ventures would turn into disasters.

IrritatedTrout
11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Take care of yourself, it's a tough world out there. I don't mean to sound like your mom but I would not go to a far-off and large city again without proper planning and enough cash.

And don't fuckin drink when you're out on your own in a place you don't know, man. I don't know you but that doesn't mean I want you to end up dead in a back alley somewhere.

jd091
11-14-2011, 06:27 AM
I... don't even know what to say...

smearCampaign
11-14-2011, 06:45 AM
Wow... what a clusterfuck. That's some dedication to go to a concert. When I went to college in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a car I just stopped going to shows for a couple years; I could've had so many bus/subway/cab adventures.

treghet
11-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Damn that sounds way more stressful than it was fun. Lucky you found that cab driver.

ShatteredFlame
11-14-2011, 07:11 AM
Wow... what a clusterfuck. That's some dedication to go to a concert. When I went to college in the middle of nowhere and didn't have a car I just stopped going to shows for a couple years; I could've had so many bus/subway/cab adventures.

I have been going to college for only 3 months now and have been to 8 shows already. Every single one of these required huge planning, and most were solo adventures.

There was a time where I almost had to walk miles back to my school alone at around 2 am (going through highways and mountains) cause the cab companies wouldn't pick up, then I got lucky and I found a shuttle that the school says doesn't run at that time, but apparently they do.

smearCampaign
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I have been going to college for only 3 months now and have been to 8 shows already. Every single one of these required huge planning, and most were solo adventures.

There was a time where I almost had to walk miles back to my school alone at around 2 am (going through highways and mountains) cause the cab companies wouldn't pick up, then I got lucky and I found a shuttle that the school says doesn't run at that time, but apparently they do.

That's metal as hell. Good job. :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
11-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Makes me thankful I have a car at school. Even then I always do a good amount of planning before a show and only bother with the ones that really matter.

mankvill
11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
What I took away from this was that you left absu early so fuck you

sarsip
11-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Growing up and living near Boston was always a pain in the ass if you have to take the T. Last train at 12:30 WTF? This is why I go to shows anywhere but Boston. At least if you go to a show in Worcester you can catch a late bus home.

Promoters have no clue about time.

brutal_descent
11-14-2011, 08:59 AM
:tp: I came back...

Only because you couldn't go home at that point :nonono:

llama lom
11-14-2011, 10:11 AM
Revere of all places? Random as fuck. Still, I wish I had been there!

And yeah, Revere is sketchy as fuck. I know the area around the Wonderland Park and it's just......not good.

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 11:31 AM
The area a couple streets over from Wonderland is pretty sketchy, but there are a lot worse places (a few neighborhoods in Lynn, where I go to school, are a LOT worse than anywhere in Revere). Ben, that really sucks man. You went through hell to go to this show. Glad you made it out of there.

jd091
11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
:lol: SAY SOMETHING FAGET

All I'm gonna say is that you are lucky and I hope you learned a lesson from this, hopefully gaining a better sense of independence as well. I'm super fucking careful about everything I do, where I go, who knows where I'm at, what time it is, if I have my phone/sufficient money on me, etc, ESPECIALLY living in a city like Chicago. Bad shit can easily happen if you're unprepared, and you got lucky here. Was the show really worth that money to do that? I guess only you can ask that, and I don't want to tell you what you should/shouldn't do.

illuminatus917
11-14-2011, 12:05 PM
I never really do any planning of any sort. I just go and it all works out in the end.

Then again, I've never been dependent on busses or trains to get from point A to point B. Guess that makes a difference.

valgalder
11-14-2011, 12:19 PM
...I'm pretty much incapable at doing anything that requires any sort of independence and common sense

This seems pretty obvious....

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I bet you feel like shit for not going to see me :finger: Who the fuck knows the next time I will be down in fucking revere...

Kind of actually. I could of bailed you out if I were there and saved you from some of that shit that went down, If only I had a license. Go to a show in Boston or Worcester sometime that I am going to and I will make sure the same shit doesn't happen again.

jd091
11-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey, bro, you need at least a couple hundred posts on here to join the 'make fun of Ben' club :flame:

:lol: Really!

mankvill
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey, bro, you need at least a couple hundred posts on here to join the 'make fun of Logan' club :flame:

fixed!

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey, bro, you need at least a couple hundred posts on here to join the 'make fun of Ben' club :flame:

chris: if there's a good show in Worcester, you think you could pick me up? I could go to the wonderland station and you could get me from there? I dunno if there's a bus from Boston to worcester though...

That probably wouldn't be an issue,hough I do think there are buses between Boston and Worcester. Worcester is the 2nd biggest city in MA, I am kind of surprised they don't have buses from Burlington to Worcester tbh.

illuminatus917
11-14-2011, 04:54 PM
This seems pretty obvious....

Look at this fuck

ShatteredFlame
11-14-2011, 07:40 PM
btw wtf happened to your friends? Did they really take a trip to hang out with friends on a Sunday? :confused:

markrz
11-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Damn, larvtard and a couple other posters in this thread are metal warriors for going to all that effort to catch a show. Fortunately the show itself was fuckin great despite some guitar amp issues during the touring bands' sets.

Not that it does any good two days later, but if I had somehow known you needed a ride back I would've been happy to give you a lift as South Station is on my way home from the venue. (Edit - re-read your original post for clarification, basic point about giving a lift still true). Glad to hear you eventually made it. I've had a few unplanned-walking adventures myself, but fortunately not for a while.

I enjoyed every band on the show, but I definitely think there were just plain too many of them. Two locals would've sufficed, Absu could've gone on at 10:30, played their full 90 minute set, and everybody could've taken the T home. I live in the city but I drove to this because it had "late one!" written all over it from the lineup.

I have taken the train between Boston & Worcester for Palladium shows many times with no problems, but of course the hard part is getting from Back Bay or South Station to your final destination once you're back in Boston.

brutal_descent
11-15-2011, 07:39 AM
I haven't actually gone into detail about what happened when I saw Eyehategod in August, but all this is too familiar to me, so why not? There were about seven local bands (including Impaled and Brainoil!) opening up, and the show started at six, but I hadn't actually imagined that EHG would've started so late. They came on somewhere around midnight, and I left around 12:45. I was hella pissed because had I known Impaled (who I had come for) would've only started around ten, I would've definitely gone to Outside Lands that day, and then come to the show.

/rant

valgalder
11-16-2011, 11:21 AM
--