PDA

View Full Version : Obscura -- St. Paul, MN -- November 10th, 2011

endless_pain
11-10-2011, 09:07 PM
I arrived to Station 4 at around 9:30 I was thinking that I might catch Abysmal Dawn but, when I got there I heard the opening to Septuagint. That's fine with me...I mainly wanted to catch Obscura. This was my second time seeing them and of course they did not dissappoint. It was really nice seeing them headline AND they played my favorite song from Cosmogenesis......... INCARNATED:party:

Septuagint
Vortex Omnivium :rocker:
Ocean Gateways
Orbital Elements
Noospheres
Anticosmic Overload:rocker:
Universe Momentum:shred:
Drum Solo
Nothing
Incarnated:party::blaze:
Centric Flow

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k514/endless_pain1/DSCN0694.jpg

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k514/endless_pain1/DSCN0722.jpg

AnataFan4Life
11-10-2011, 09:37 PM
This setlist is making me even more excite! :rocker:

MPF
11-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I arrived to Station 4 at around 9:30 I was thinking that I might catch Abysmal Dawn but, when I got there I heard the opening to Septuagint. That's fine with me...I mainly wanted to catch Obscura. This was my second time seeing them and of course they did not dissappoint. It was really nice seeing them headline AND they played my favorite song from Cosmogenesis......... INCARNATED:party:

Septuagint
Vortex Omnivium :rocker:
Ocean Gateways
Orbital Elements
Noospheres
Anticosmic Overload:rocker:
Universe Momentum:shred:
Drum Solo
Nothing
Incarnated:party::blaze:
Centric Flow

Damn I didn't think anyone else was going to be there from here. I'm not sure if I saw you, did you happen to catch me at all. Tall guy, glasses, Periphery Jacket and The Ocean t-shirt?

It was an incredible show. My review will be rnext. I got some insider info from Hannes.

MPF
11-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Review Time:

I'm very shocked someone else from the board was at the show, I thought only Fonz was from the area.

Anyways on to the good stuff
The first two bands I am very good friends with We Are Legion and Australis. Australis is going to be the next big Death metal band, their drummer is the new Inferno from Behemoth....seriously! WE are legion features a few very good friends of mine and as their singer said during their set "Australis makes us look like Pink FLoyd." And We Are Legion is a very brutal Death MEtal band.

Then came Last Chance TO Reason, they did get a really good respnse. I almost jizzed my pants at the way their drummer was playing blast beats, holy fuck it was insane. If there is any live video of Last Chance TO Reason, just look at the drummer, and you'll understand. Even a non-drummer will be able to tell. They will be back here November 30th opening for Protest The Hero and Scale The Summit...I will be there.

Then came Abysmal Dawn who blow the fucking house down, I hadn't heard them before but they were fucking incredible. I gotta look more into them.

Obscura, as mentioned above, was the best band of the night, just absolutely killer from start to finish. And after a few comments, Obscura won't be opening for Morbid Angel anytime soon. :lol:

After the show I waited tot try to get a setlist, they only had one, but they kept it which is all good to me.

I talked to Hannes Grossmann at the merch table (got him to do a Station ID for my show as well.) but anyways....

Obscura got the offer to be on Summer Slaughter, Hannes said they will take it if there is very few Deathcore bands, since they get poor reception from Deathcore fans. Which I can't blame them, if they don't take it, they'll headline again in the summer.

Then Hannes was asked to do a TV spot so I let him be and thanked him, then i talked to the singer of Last Chance To Reason. I bought one of the best shirts ever, that I'll post a pic of when my phone is done charging. (15 bucks) I got him to do a station ID as well, and told him they died a hell of a jobb and that I'd be back on the 30, he said that he's really happy to hear that and some big plans are coming in 2012, none of which he can talk about yet. Maybe on the 30th I'll buy him a shot and see if he'll tell me. :lol:

MPF
11-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Obscura live shot from the front row:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/377855_10150921835480459_629590458_21512949_344794 026_n.jpg

Instead of getting the copy of Omnivium, I got this instead. I am very happy about this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/316724_10150921835640459_629590458_21512951_127371 7351_n.jpg

Also instead of getting a copy of Omnivium, I got this for free, all signed by Obscura:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/309590_10150921835955459_629590458_21512954_106518 3680_n.jpg

The greatest t-shirt ever!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/381272_10150921835905459_629590458_21512953_191509 9017_n.jpg

Seventhzealot
11-10-2011, 11:08 PM
They played Incarnated??? Thats fucking awesome! Can't wait for the show now!

BTW how were the Obscura tour shirts and how much were they worth?

MPF
11-10-2011, 11:13 PM
They played Incarnated??? Thats fucking awesome! Can't wait for the show now!

BTW how were the Obscura tour shirts and how much were they worth?

Incarnated was fucking mindblowing live!

There was a shitload of Obscura shirts, all 20 bucks. Last chance To Reason and Abysmal Dawn shirts were 15 bucks.

Seventhzealot
11-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Ah thanks!

Gotta say that LCTR shirt is cool as fuck!:party: Too bad they aren't playing our dates but then we get Enfold Darkness who'd be interesting to see live.

MPF
11-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Ah thanks!

Gotta say that LCTR shirt is cool as fuck!:party: Too bad they aren't playing our dates but then we get Enfold Darkness who'd be interesting to see live.

Not a problem man.

This is seriously one of my favorite shirts I have ever bought. Typical Metal shirts, while awesome, are a lot of the same. This is a great example of video game metal at it's finest. :lol:

LCTR is joining the Protest The Hero tour so that's probably why they sadly aren't doing those shows.

One very cool thing they added to their merch table is their actual video game, Level 2. hooked up to a screen on Xbox. If you beat the high score you get a free t-shirt. I'm definitely playing it on the 30th. :rocker:

Seventhzealot
11-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Not a problem man.

This is seriously one of my favorite shirts I have ever bought. Typical Metal shirts, while awesome, are a lot of the same. This is a great example of video game metal at it's finest. :lol:

LCTR is joining the Protest The Hero tour so that's probably why they sadly aren't doing those shows.

One very cool thing they added to their merch table is their actual video game, Level 2. hooked up to a screen on Xbox. If you beat the high score you get a free t-shirt. I'm definitely playing it on the 30th. :rocker:

Now there's a way to get people hooked to your merch table if ever there was one :lol: and judging from your review, they're pretty good live too. Have to say, I haven't heard much of them, will check them out.

Oh and good choice on the Thulcandra CD there!:rocker:

MPF
11-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Now there's a way to get people hooked to your merch table if ever there was one :lol: and judging from your review, they're pretty good live too. Have to say, I haven't heard much of them, will check them out.

Oh and good choice on the Thulcandra CD there!:rocker:

I recommend their second album, Level 2 the most. Level 1 is good, but way too many Deathcore moments. They didn't even play anything off of it tonight if that says anything.

It's an incredible album. I was suppose to get a copy of Omnivium from the venue, but when I got there they told me Obscura had less then 10 copies left for the rest of the tour, so The guy asked if I wanted a Autographed poster instead, so I jumped right on that. at the end of the night, the same guy came up to me and just handed this album to me. I have the new album and played Gates Of Eden on my radio show. I've been meaning to hear the first album.

With what Hannes told me. I kinda hope they don't go on the Summer Slaughter tour unless there is MINIMAL Deathcore bands. Obscura needs to be loved not booed by Whitechapel/Canifex/Oceano preteen dumbasses :D

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Instead of getting the copy of Omnivium, I got this instead. I am very happy about this:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/316724_10150921835640459_629590458_21512951_127371 7351_n.jpg

GOOD SHIT.

:party:

MPF
11-11-2011, 12:52 AM
GOOD SHIT.

:party:

Fuck yeah! :party:

I'll be blasting it out of my car tomorrow, scaring people, :lol:

endless_pain
11-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Damn I didn't think anyone else was going to be there from here. I'm not sure if I saw you, did you happen to catch me at all. Tall guy, glasses, Periphery Jacket and The Ocean t-shirt?

It was an incredible show. My review will be rnext. I got some insider info from Hannes.

I was wearing an Immolation Majesty and Decay shirt. I don't think I saw you. I was probably too mesmerized by watching Obscura.:drool: I'll have to look for you at the next show I'm at....which probably won't be for a few months. I was thinking of seeing the Dark Throne show in Feb but, now that Belphegor dropped off I might not go.

brutal_descent
11-11-2011, 04:25 AM
Dark Throne show in Feb

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m_xTb8v9Log/Tc2XhBCKnvI/AAAAAAAAAGs/NiTu6ghdET4/s1600/Omg+Rage+Face.png

EDIT; You mean Dark Funeral :bouville:

endless_pain
11-11-2011, 04:38 AM
Review Time:

Then came Abysmal Dawn who blow the fucking house down, I hadn't heard them before but they were fucking incredible. I gotta look more into them.

Abysmal Dawn are awesome live. :rocker:I saw them open for Origin and Hate Eternal back in June.

And after a few comments, Obscura won't be opening for Morbid Angel anytime soon. :lol:

I think I heard crickets when he asked the crowd if they liked the new Morbid Angel.:lol:

After the show I waited tot try to get a setlist, they only had one, but they kept it which is all good to me.

I forgot to mention that I managed to scrounge Hannes' pick from the floor after the show. Nothing special.....just a small red dunlop jazz pick. Still pretty awesome though. :party:

endless_pain
11-11-2011, 04:41 AM
"EDIT; You mean Dark Funeral"

Yes...sorry it's early.

kommie
11-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Thought Enfold Darkness were on this?

endless_pain
11-11-2011, 06:08 AM
Review Time:

The greatest t-shirt ever!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/381272_10150921835905459_629590458_21512953_191509 9017_n.jpg

I'm not familiar with LCTR but,this shirt IS cool.

Seventhzealot
11-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Thought Enfold Darkness were on this?

Enfold Darkness replace LCTR on the second half of the tour dates.

Natrlhi
11-11-2011, 10:12 AM
FYI, the OP needs to be fixed RFN.

Specifically, the words "Ocean Gateways" need to have this smiley next to them: :bricks:

GET ON THAT SHIT, SON.

Thanks,
The Nat :horns:

MPF
11-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Abysmal Dawn are awesome live. :rocker:I saw them open for Origin and Hate Eternal back in June.

I think I heard crickets when he asked the crowd if they liked the new Morbid Angel.:lol:

I forgot to mention that I managed to scrounge Hannes' pick from the floor after the show. Nothing special.....just a small red dunlop jazz pick. Still pretty awesome though. :party:

You WERE right next to me. You picked it up right by my right foot. :lol:

endless_pain
11-11-2011, 11:29 AM
You WERE right next to me. You picked it up right by my right foot. :lol:

Too funny :lol:

Btw I must have been hitting the crack pipe this morning. I meant to say that I got Steffen's pick....unless Hannes plays drums with a guitar pick. :confused:

MPF
11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Too funny :lol:

Btw I must have been hitting the crack pipe this morning. I meant to say that I got Steffen's pick....unless Hannes plays drums with a guitar pick. :confused:

Haha I just caught that now. :lol: Although Hannes probably could.

All of us were looking for that pit, It touched my middle finger and bounced off and I guess landed to my right, while all of us were looking where he threw it.

Glad to hear you got it. I was hoping Hannes was going to throw a stick or something, but it's all good.