Sweating Bullets
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
--------------
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

2nd night..meh

The Ghost at Number One
11-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Cool to see Dawn Patrol come out to play, but come on. I mean...come on.

hellawaits77ny
11-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Like you, I now have a "?" about attending Gigantour. They really gotta change this set.

velvetgrass
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
This set is a little better. Dawn Patrol is a peculiar, yet positive inclusion and I'm extremely happy to see Angry Again included. I'm a sucker for the Hidden Treasures EP. Now if they busted out 99 Ways To Die the first Megadeth song I ever heard for Gigantour, I would freaking out in happiness. But I doubt that would happen, it hasn't been in any Megadeth setlists at least since 2009 which a little before I got into them, I haven't had a chance to dig into many setlists older than that but the few I saw didn't have that song either. But, you never know...

The Ghost at Number One
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
99 Ways to Die would be awesome, but I'd rather have Go to Hell.

marker
11-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Luckily the L.A. show for Gigantour has $20 tickets,and that's after the ripoff fees.Not a bad seat in that venue either so I couldn't pass up.I won't get my hopes up too much about them changing the set though.

The Ghost at Number One
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Luckily the L.A. show for Gigantour has $20 tickets,and that's after the ripoff fees.Not a bad seat in that venue either so I couldn't pass up.I won't get my hopes up too much about them changing the set though.Volbeat alone will be worth the price of admission.

hellawaits77ny
11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Luckily the L.A. show for Gigantour has $20 tickets,and that's after the ripoff fees.Not a bad seat in that venue either so I couldn't pass up.I won't get my hopes up too much about them changing the set though.

That's awesome. Even in the bustling, economically bursting (i hope you can feel my sarcasm) area of Glens Falls, NY, tix are are still $40 for the cheap seats.

Jochen
11-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Angry Again is the only song on that set I want to see that I haven't seen yet. Besides the two Thirteen songs, I've basically seen that set 4 times. NO SURPRISE. I try not to complain about Megadeth never changing their set, because I already expect that, and I think us fans are lucky that they decided to do all of RIP last year, but still, I was hoping that New World Order would have made it. Oh well. And what's with Dawn Patrol?

Maideneer
11-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Dave probably needed to take a piss/dump, hence Dawn Patrol.

Can't they play songs like:

FFF
Captive Honour
Disconnect
My Kingdom
44 Minutes
Washington Is Next!

Screw A Tout Le Monde and Symphony, give it a rest. Holy hell would break out if they left off the last 2, but I say f it, take a chance. Replace Holy Wars with Diadems.

LIVEtoROCK86
11-11-2011, 05:54 AM
I'd go see Megadeth more if their sets didn't suck. THIS is what a Megadeth set should be for this tour:

Last Rites/Loved To Death
New World Order
She Wolf
99 Ways To Die
Lucretia
Public Enemy No. 1
The Conjuring
Elysian Fields
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Kick The Chair
Mary Jane
Sleepwalker
Ashes In Your Mouth
Wake Up Dead
Reckoning Day
Blackmail The Universe
Sudden Death
Hook In Mouth
High Speed Dirt
Holy Wars

Encore:
Peace Sells
Mechanix

cristianrock
11-11-2011, 05:57 AM
At least play Train of fucking consequences...but Mustaine is so damn lazy that doesn't change guitar to an E flat tuning and he plays in standard instead, singing like granny

it's a few seconds come on!

Sanitarium78
11-11-2011, 06:25 AM
At least play Train of fucking consequences

Why? The song fuckin blows.

cristianrock
11-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Why? The song fuckin blows.

well, I like that song, even though I heard in 2005 but in Standard E and Dave singing like granny.

Besides that, Dave doesn't dare to remove any of his hit songs, the band has a huge catalog but we always hear the same old songs, they're great but not the only good ones.

And I mean to you americans, must be worse because I bet that you've seen Megadeth a lot more than myself...the only song I would be sad to miss on tomorrow will be In My Darkest Hour, because it's a catharsis to sing it live.

Maideneer
11-11-2011, 07:03 AM
I've seen Megadeth 15 times since 1997, and I am truly thankful to have seen Ashes In Your Mouth & Hook In Mouth, besides all the deep album tracks for the specific tour.

The only thing I really want to see in my life is more from Youthanasia. Addicted To Chaos would complete things for me.

ravenheart
11-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Volbeat alone will be worth the price of admission.

I wouldn't bet on that... very boring live band.

The Ghost at Number One
11-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't bet on that... very boring live band.False.