PDA

View Full Version : THE FACELESS to tour with DYING FETUS and DEVILDRIVER in 2012

jd091
11-10-2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/the-faceless-to-release-new-album-and-to-tour-in-february

No dates yet, but in February. Ash Avildsen, the head of Sumerian Records, let slip the lineup. FUCK. YES.

mankvill
11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
The Faceless - Cool!
Dying Fetus - FUCK YEAH!
DevilDriver - hopefully they headline so I can go home early!

Nater
11-10-2011, 02:48 PM
I've never listened to The Faceless but Dying Fetus and Devildriver together? I'm down with that.:rocker:

llama lom
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I came.

mastodon421
11-10-2011, 03:00 PM
I came.

Seconded.

Bergman101
11-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Amazing! Love all those bands!

TiradesOfTruth
11-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Damn this will be fucking awesome.

Epidemic Reign
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
I'll probably go if it comes here. Mostly because I've never seen Dying Fetus. The Faceless are pretty cool though. I'm not a huge fan of Devildriver but one of my good friends is and I always wind up going to see them with him.

street_burial
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I came.

i third this

jd091
11-10-2011, 03:45 PM
I've never listened to The Faceless but Dying Fetus and Devildriver together? I'm down with that.:rocker:

Get on that. Planetary Duality is pretty unfuckwithable.

kommie
11-10-2011, 04:11 PM
If this is the whole tour, wow, a tour with no shitty bands? really? very surprising.

DementedX14
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Can't wait for dates.

xStructualDefect
11-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Not a big fan of any of the bands listed, but I'll probably go to this if it comes to LA (which it probably will :D)

Jochen
11-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Sounds good. Dying Fetus and The Faceless are awesome, and I even though I don't like Devildriver's music, they put on a good show.

slapguitarer
11-10-2011, 05:24 PM
eh

300%_Density
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Devildriver has to have the greatest management of any metal band I've ever seen.

hellawaits77ny
11-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Not the biggest fan of The Faceless of DevilDriver. Still a solid tour, unfortunately Dying Fetus will probably be the openers and only get 30 mins.

Xenocide
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Devildriver as support? I didn't realize The Faceless were remotely popular...

Nater
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I think it will be a devildriver headline/co-headline with Dying Fetus. Either way I am gonna listen to that album from the Faceless tonight and prolly mosh with some babies to get ready

treghet
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Devildriver as support? I didn't realize The Faceless were remotely popular...

Maybe because all your attention goes to the Mayhem festival. ;)

bt11763
11-10-2011, 07:40 PM
what a strange but acceptable lineup.

hellawaits77ny
11-10-2011, 08:45 PM
I think it will be a devildriver headline/co-headline with Dying Fetus. Either way I am gonna listen to that album from the Faceless tonight and prolly mosh with some babies to get ready

I doubt DF will co-headline this. The Faceless are a new, "hip" band, and will probably co-headline w/ DD.

Jochen
11-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Dying Fetus will definitely open this. I saw them headline last year and there were maybe 100 people at the show. And The Faceless are pretty popular. When they opened for Suffocation last year, a significant portion of the crowd left after them. I could see them coheadlining with Devildriver, probably with Devildriver closing the shows.

hellawaits77ny
11-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Dying Fetus will definitely open this. I saw them headline last year and there were maybe 100 people at the show. And The Faceless are pretty popular. When they opened for Suffocation last year, a significant portion of the crowd left after them. I could see them coheadlining with Devildriver, probably with Devildriver closing the shows.

It's a shame, but you are right, my friend.

GarageMetal468
11-10-2011, 10:20 PM

True yet very disappointing. Oh well, I'd be down for seeing The Faceless and Dying Fetus for the 5th time each! Hopefully The Faceless have gotten their live act back together, the last 2 times I saw them they weren't very good. But the first time I did see them with Atheist... hot damn! And Fetus never disappoints.

Epidemic Reign
11-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I can't see The Faceless headlining this over Devildriver.

jd091
11-10-2011, 11:22 PM
I am almost certain it will be a co-headliner with the Faceless and Devildriver, with The Faceless playing last, ONLY because they are supporting a new album and Devildriver aren't.

Nater
11-10-2011, 11:23 PM
That's kinda sad to hear. Whenever I think of Dying Fetus I think of them as a pretty big band.

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 12:43 AM
I am almost certain it will be a co-headliner with the Faceless and Devildriver, with The Faceless playing last, ONLY because they are supporting a new album and Devildriver aren't.

Even as a co-headliner, I still don't see it. I think Devildriver will be the sole headliner here. I don't think The Faceless' new album will pull enough weight to change that.

Not saying that you couldn't be right, but I'd be really surprised. In all honesty I hope you ARE right, I would much rather see The Faceless headline or even co-headline ;)

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 12:47 AM
That's kinda sad to hear. Whenever I think of Dying Fetus I think of them as a pretty big band.

You're absolutely right. Within their own genre they are a pretty big band, but on a genre mis-match tour such as this they're pretty much doomed to a lesser timeslot.

MPF
11-11-2011, 12:48 AM
AS cool as this lineup is, Devildriver will be headlining, The Faceless will be main support/possible co-headliner, but regardless playing BEFORE Devildriver. with Dying Fetus as the first main support band. With 2-3 local bands opening.

jd091
11-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I would actually bet money on The Faceless being the headliner.

brutal_descent
11-11-2011, 01:10 AM

You'd probably end up pussying out just like you did the last time you bet with someone on here ;)

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM

I wouldn't bet money, but I will place a bet with you. I say Devildriver headlines. Whoever loses has to make this image their MS avatar for one month:

http://blog.su-spectator.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/punished-student-dunce-cap1.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

MPF
11-11-2011, 01:16 AM

Remember when you didn't actually agree to, but implied owning me 20 bucks over a bet a couple months back. and the whole Brutaldescent debackle where you pussied out? :lol:

I will bet you physical money that Devildriver headline. How the fuck would Devildriver not be headlinging this?

jd091
11-11-2011, 01:26 AM
"
I will bet you physical money that Devildriver headline. How the fuck would Devildriver not be headlinging this?

Because the Faceless are just as big, and they're supporting a new album? I don't see why you have a problem here.

MPF
11-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Because the Faceless are just as big, and they're supporting a new album? I don't see why you have a problem here.

I don't have a problem per se (Who I feel a emo kid having uttered that). The problem is more along the lines that Devildriver is way bigger then the Faceless. Is the Faceless better? I think so. A hell of a lot better. But Devildriver is the bigger band. They have all the right connections and are one of the bigger bands in MTV friendly Metal. The Faceless are huge in the underground...that's about it.

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 01:40 AM
The problem is more along the lines that Devildriver is way bigger then the Faceless. Is the Faceless better? I think so. A hell of a lot better. But Devildriver is the bigger band. They have all the right connections and are one of the bigger bands in MTV friendly Metal. The Faceless are huge in the underground...that's about it.

Everything you just said... yes.

THIS.

MPF
11-11-2011, 01:53 AM
I did forget one critical thing....Dez would never let a band like the Faceless headline over him.

jd091
11-11-2011, 02:33 AM
You can argue on here as much as you want. I'll sit back, relax, play some Skyrim, and wait to see how right I am.

treghet
11-11-2011, 04:51 AM
Well, Suffocation supported DevilDriver in early 2010 and I'd say they're about as popular as The Faceless is. And then in late 2010 The Faceless supported Suffocation on the Decibel Defiance tour. Now unless The Faceless has somehow gained a ton of fans this year, I don't see them headlining this tour. And I've seen plenty of bands release a new album and then go on tour as an opener, so that argument doesn't hold much weight either.

mastodon421
11-11-2011, 05:33 AM
I don't have a problem per se (Who I feel a emo kid having uttered that). The problem is more along the lines that Devildriver is way bigger then the Faceless. Is the Faceless better? I think so. A hell of a lot better. But Devildriver is the bigger band. They have all the right connections and are one of the bigger bands in MTV friendly Metal. The Faceless are huge in the underground...that's about it.

This. The Faceless is one of my favorite bands, but Devildriver is much more popular than them.

kommie
11-11-2011, 06:33 AM
I did forget one critical thing....Dez would never let a band like the Faceless headline over him.

Remember when people were arguing that DevilDriver would be headlining that Arch Enemy tour? Yeah. Pretty sure DD sells more CDs than AE here, but here in NYC I doubt DD alone could play Best Buy Theater(2,500 capacity) which is where that tour went

MPF
11-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Remember when people were arguing that DevilDriver would be headlining that Arch Enemy tour? Yeah. Pretty sure DD sells more CDs than AE here, but here in NYC I doubt DD alone could play Best Buy Theater(2,500 capacity) which is where that tour went

Actually I was in favor of Arch Enemy headlining that tour. They have been around longer, and they have half of At The Gates. That alone sells more then Devildriver. :lol:

Epidemic Reign
11-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Actually I was in favor of Arch Enemy headlining that tour. They have been around longer, and they have half of At The Gates. That alone sells more then Devildriver. :lol:

They have members of Carcass and Carnage... you're thinking of The Haunted ;) still a good point though.

MPF
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
They have members of Carcass and Carnage... you're thinking of The Haunted ;) still a good point though.

I am an idiot, you are right. I was listening to Slaughter Of The Soul when I wrote that.

I"m not usually wrong, but when I am, it's because I'm a dumbass. :lol:

Steev
11-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I am an idiot, you are right. I was listening to Slaughter Of The Soul when I wrote that.

I"m not usually wrong, but when I am, it's because I'm a dumbass. :lol:

the drummer's brother was in ATG

and initially only Michael was in Carcass, Sharlee is from Merciful Fate though

MPF
11-11-2011, 05:28 PM
the drummer's brother was in ATG

and initially only Michael was in Carcass, Sharlee is from Merciful Fate though

That's also where I got thrown off. :D

jd091
11-19-2011, 10:58 PM
According to the Faceless' Facebook, "new album almost done, big tour announcements next week."

Stay tuned, people.