PDA

View Full Version : Chimaira loses two more members

Steev
11-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Rob and Matt are stepping down from the band after this tour

http://www.chimaira.com/news/end-of-an-era/

leaving Mark as not only the only original member, but the only member to be on the band's first 5 albums

jd091
11-10-2011, 11:55 AM
SHIT! Not Matt and Rob! At least it's a mutual agreement, and they're finishing off this tour. They say Chimaira Christmas 12 will be their last performances with the band, so at least I'm fortunate enough to see them go out with a bang.

Chimaira won't be the same without you, Rob. :fist:

maxpower
11-10-2011, 12:00 PM
I was on the fence on whether I wanted to see them again in Austin in a few weeks, but I'll definitely go after hearing this. Not sure Chimaira can last without Rob. It will definitely be weird not having him in the band anymore.

Steev
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
it is definitely weird without Rob(he was a driving force in the band), Matt as well, but as some may recall he wasn't a member until after "Pass Out Of Existence" was released(Jason Hagar was on that record)

I wonder if either one will continue with Six Feet Under, or if this is a full blown retirement(side note: pissed I missed them last month)

xStructualDefect
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Bummer. Was never a huge fan but they're always great live. I'll be seeing them again with Unearth next month.

Steev
11-10-2011, 12:54 PM
oh and something has occured to me, who else thinks Emil switches over to guitar in the coming year?

jd091
11-10-2011, 01:17 PM
oh and something has occured to me, who else thinks Emil switches over to guitar in the coming year?

Was about to post this. I'd bet serious money that's the case, and I'd anyone is a worthy successor on guitar, it'd be him.

mastodon421
11-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Damn, this sucks. I'm glad I am seeing them next Saturday on Rob and Matt's last tour..

Steev
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Was about to post this. I'd bet serious money that's the case, and I'd anyone is a worthy successor on guitar, it'd be him.

only makes sense

I wonder if anyone known will join the band(honestly I could see one of the Schigel brothers, or both)

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2011, 02:00 PM
It would definitely be sick if Emil switched to guitar, but lets be real here; Chimaira is not going to last much longer. They are not a big enough band to suffer these kids of lineup changes and still be going strong. It's pretty much going to be the "Mark Hunter Show" now. Maybe the rest of Daath can join the band...

Steev
11-10-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the thing is this band commited to move forward with it's current lineup(who technically retained 4/6 members)

I don't see the band calling it a day yet

mastodon421
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
The thing that sucks is I have feeling Rob left to dedicate his time strictly to Six Feet Under:lame:

Epidemic Reign
11-10-2011, 02:38 PM
So it's The Mark Hunter Band now?

DementedX14
11-10-2011, 03:31 PM
So it's The Mark Hunter Band now?

Pretty much. Sad to have this happen. I am glad I was able to see them 3 times. I don't know if i will in the future. If I had the money I would see their last christmas show. :(

treghet
11-10-2011, 06:34 PM
Chimaira seems to be in a downward spiral recently...

AnthG
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm glad i'm going to see them on Sunday, as I can hopefully meet Matt and Rob again, shake their hands, and tell them Thanks.

That being said, I hope they just call it quits on Chimaira altogether. Not all bands need to go on forever, and it'd be awesome for them to go out on somewhat of a high note. I mean, 6 albums that were all at the very least good, shit loads of touring that go their name established, 2 awesome DVDs...what more can you want? I'd rather they call it quits now then do what a lot of bands do and try to milk whatever they can when creatively it just isn't there anymore.