PDA

View Full Version : New Nightwish song

Travis The Dragon
11-08-2011, 01:15 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165798

It is so sweet sounding! I can't wait to hear more! I sure miss Tarja's vocals though.

MPF
11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=165798

It is so sweet sounding! I can't wait to hear more! I sure miss Tarja's vocals though.

Why not just post the youtube link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x0cfFA1oTXs

Back on topic. I'm not the biggest Nightwish fan, but I can dig this so far. pretty poppy. but the whole thing is being made into a big budget movie, so it's pretty easy to understand why it would be poppy and catchy.

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm probably looking forward to this more than anyone else here :eyes:

It's really good :D

Indestructible
11-08-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm probably looking forward to this more than anyone else here :eyes:

Im probably looking forward to this more than you:D

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Im probably looking forward to this more than you:D

I'm looking forward to this more than you.

Sanitarium78
11-08-2011, 02:56 PM
No, i'm looking forward to it more than anybody:D

Travis The Dragon
11-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, you may be looking forward to it more than anybody, but I'm the only one who can't wait to hear it more than anybody! :lol:

Maiden33
11-08-2011, 03:23 PM
I think the song sucks. There.

Spiner202
11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
This is the first Nightwish song I've heard with Annette and I think she's the problem. I can actually imagine this being a lot better with another singer. I'll still keep an open mind about the new record, because I haven't heard anything else with Annette.

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I think the song sucks. There.

>looking forward to this more than all of us :D

Butcher of Birth
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
It sounds great! Basing an album one song is never wise, but I feel this album will defiantly top Dark Passion Play!

Epidemic Reign
11-21-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm not the biggest Nightwish fan, but I can dig this so far. pretty poppy. but the whole thing is being made into a big budget movie, so it's pretty easy to understand why it would be poppy and catchy.

It's actually a very low, low, LOW-BUDGET movie. Last I heard the budget for the film was under $4 million. That's virtually nothing in the current film industry.

Based on the budget alone you could expect this "film" to be nothing more than a very, very long music video.

Epidemic Reign
11-21-2011, 12:13 AM
It sounds great! Basing an album one song is never wise, but I feel this album will defiantly top Dark Passion Play!

I agree, it does sound great, assuming that it's the weakest track on the album which I'm sure it is. Judging by the audio samples I've heard of the full album, Imaginaerum will undoubtedly be the band's most diverse record to date.

MPF
11-21-2011, 12:28 AM
It's actually a very low, low, LOW-BUDGET movie. Last I heard the budget for the film was under $4 million. That's virtually nothing in the current film industry.

Based on the budget alone you could expect this "film" to be nothing more than a very, very long music video.

Oh really. I guess I had the wrong number figure. None the less I'll still be checking it out

*And you didn't hear it from me, but the Nightwish/Amorphis North American tour is a go, they are finalizing the itinerary, and will be announced in about 2 weeks or so.*

Epidemic Reign
11-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Oh really. I guess I had the wrong number figure. None the less I'll still be checking it out

*And you didn't hear it from me, but the Nightwish/Amorphis North American tour is a go, they are finalizing the itinerary, and will be announced in about 2 weeks or so.*

:drool:

I wanted tickets to the Universal City show so goddamned bad, but I just couldn't afford them. If this comes to AZ I might just die of happiness :lovedup:

MPF
11-21-2011, 12:46 AM
:drool:

I wanted tickets to the Universal City show so goddamned bad, but I just couldn't afford them. If this comes to AZ I might just die of happiness :lovedup:

It suppose to be a coast to coast tour, so it is a possibility. There is about a 90% of this tour coming to Station 4 in St. Paul, MN. Which I'll be there front row center to see.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Epidemic Reign
11-21-2011, 12:58 AM
It suppose to be a coast to coast tour, so it is a possibility. There is about a 90% of this tour coming to Station 4 in St. Paul, MN. Which I'll be there front row center to see.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

The Phoenix, AZ area is one of those places that's notoriously gypped when it comes to tours. Hopefully this tour shows mercy...

Epidemic Reign
11-28-2011, 06:15 AM
The album just leaked ;)

coltongsmith
11-28-2011, 06:25 AM
The album just leaked ;)

wanna give us a hint where at?

gilpdawg
11-29-2011, 02:36 AM
The album just leaked ;)
And so far, it's a piece of crap. The second half had better be better.

Epidemic Reign
11-29-2011, 03:03 AM

The second half is better, imo, but if you didn't enjoy the first half then it probably won't win you over.

Sanitarium78
11-29-2011, 05:05 AM

I thought that after the first listen myself. Like most albums though, you need a good three or four listens to get a feel for everything. It is a good album but that's it, just good. With a songwriter the caliber of Tuomas, a four year wait for a new album should be more than just "good". The only Nightwish album i'd rank this over right now is their first one.

A few things about the album that I don't like:

The intro to it serves no purpose and isn't a good set up for Storytime. It would be better if it wasn't there.

Slow, Love, Slow might the most boring track Nightwish has ever recorded.

Scaretale is a pretty good song except for that odd middle part that takes a totally different music direction and damn near ruins the whole song.

Arabesque is a rather pointless instrumetal that doesn't really need to be there.

The first half of Song Of Myself is quite good but once the dialog part comes at the half way point of the song, i'm asuming this is dialog from the movie, it just gets boring rather quickly. Especially when the talking part goes on for about 5 or 6 minutes.

The rest of it is enjoyable but certainly not up to the standards that have been set with Oceborn through DPP.

kommie
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
wanna give us a hint where at?

It is 2011, do you know what Torrents are?

Sanitarium78
11-29-2011, 09:35 AM
It is 2011, do you know what Torrents are?

True, but there are a lot of sites out there and some do get them before others. I got a handful of ones I regularly check and can usually find what i'm looking for.