PDA

View Full Version : Ace Frehley -- Allentown, PA -- November 6th, 2011

Dogman
11-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Great show as always by Ace. Although he started late, so a couple tunes that were on the printed set list were cut. And I kinda wished he would have played more from Anomaly or his 80's solo stuff. I might be in the minority but I could have done without Love Gun, Love Her All I Can, Deuce and Shout It Out Loud and instead heard a few new ones. But that's just me. Also got to meet Ace the next night at his book signing in Philly. Dream come true for me. What a cool guy. Anyway, here's the set list.

Fractured Mirror (taped intro played over PA)
1. Rocket Ride
2. Parasite
3. Sister
4. Snowblind/I Want You
5. Rock Soldiers
6. Love Her All I Can
7. 2,000 Man
8. What's On Your Mind
9. She
10. Hard Times
11. New York Groove
12. Shock Me
13. Shout It Out Loud
Encore
14. Flaming Youth
15. Deuce
16. Love Gun
17. Cold Gin/Black Diamond

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
What the fuck is that set, Frehley? Nothing from the new album except 'Sister', which sucks? Not even 'Outer Space'?

The Ghost at Number One
11-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Even Ace knows Anomoly is an incredibly weak album.

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Even Ace knows Anomoly is an incredibly weak album.

Half of it is. Half of it's great.

The Ghost at Number One
11-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Half of it is. Half of it's great.If the album only consisted of two songs, half of it would be great.

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 05:04 PM
If the album only consisted of two songs, half of it would be great.

But, more accurately, no.

Dogman
11-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Well, as I said, I am in the minority. I think Anomaly is a good record. And hearing other guys sing Love Gun and Love Her All I Can is about as entertaining as hearing Tommy Thayer play Ace's solos. But at least Ace doesn't make his band members dress like Gene and Paul when they sing the songs. When I go see Ace I want to hear Ace songs. He has a lot of great solo stuff, and yes, some of it is on Anomaly. :D