PDA

View Full Version : Gojira Signed To Roadrunner

brutal_descent
11-07-2011, 11:02 AM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Screen-shot-2011-11-07-at-12.11.28-PM.png

After reporting this morning that Gojira were in NYC recording a new album and then speculating about what record label was funding the effort, the same anonymous Internet sleuth that tipped us off to the location of the recording sessions (Spin Studios in Queens) noticed a post on the Spin Studios Facebook page confirming that Gojira have landed with Roadrunner. Check the screen cap above, which also tells us that Josh Wilbur (of Lamb of Godís Wrath fame) is producing, and not Greg Fidelman or Rick Rubin.

So, there you have it: Roadrunner. Gojira. Josh Wilbur. Early 2012?

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/11/07/update-gojira-sign-with-roadrunner-records/

kommie
11-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Skeptical, love Gojira but I did not like Lamb of God's Wrath that much.

evildeadjedi
11-07-2011, 01:28 PM
As long as it doesn't fuck up their sound it's fine with me.

MPF
11-07-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't see how it would fuck up their sound at all. It's fucking Gojira! They have been playing this long, they wouldn't fuck it up now.

AnthG
11-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Except Lamb of god isn't signed with RR. At least not in North America

MPF
11-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Except Lamb of god isn't signed with RR. At least not in North America

Josh Wilbur produced Wrath.

To some people, the producer is what makes/breaks an album.

Henryperezrocks
11-07-2011, 09:31 PM
hella sic, maybe mayhem fest can actually get them on a second stage!

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Oh for fuck sakes.

At least this finally means they might get to do some actual touring.

AnthG
11-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Josh Wilbur produced Wrath.

To some people, the producer is what makes/breaks an album.

And to some people, the producer is mainly there to add "salt and pepper" to what is already the meal, and nothing to the main ingredients.

I still think the producer only adds so much to the band's sound, and in only rare cases does he/she change the core sound (e.g. Bob Rock). Look at Jason Suecof. He produced Chimaira's Resurrection and Devildriver's Last Kind words (which are both awesome), but also produced ATR's Overcome (which isn't good).

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 11:35 AM

I had no real problems with the songs on 'Wrath', but I hated the muddy production.

ravenheart
11-08-2011, 11:36 AM
And to some people, the producer is mainly there to add "salt and pepper" to what is already the meal, and nothing to the main ingredients.

S'ok, those people are mostly wrong is all.