Outnumbered
Assistant to the Regional Manager
Dez Moines
Dogs Can Grow Beards All Over
---------
Chicago
Constance
Danger: Wildman

Pretty tired, and I have homework, so I'll write a review tomorrow. Great show! Enter Shikari was pretty ridiculous and fun to watch, also, but I know none of their stuff. For Today was the highlight for me.

hellawaits77ny
11-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation, fuck yeah:rocker::rocker:!!!!

I wish WC played a different tour than this one.

jd091
11-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Real quick, gonna throw this in here before I go to bed:

Devil Wears Prada have matured a ton. Like, a ton. Not only musically, but in their image. Especially live. Here's some press shots so you can get an idea:

Circa 2007:
http://blog.musicskins.com/wp-content/uploads/The+Devil+Wears+Prada+Photo+Gage+Young.jpg

2011:
http://img.arifira.com/i/76/2011/08/stereoboard-speak-to-the-devil-wears-prada-at-june-2011-download-festival-interview1.jpg

Take lead guitarist Chris Rubey, for example. In the first pic, he's the one with the beanie on and the shitty scene hair. He's in the far left in the second... and shit, that could've been something taken directly out of my wardrobe. Well done, sir.

MPF
11-06-2011, 09:45 PM
So in 4 years they went from Emo's at Hot Topic to Hipster's from Starbucks?

mankvill
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
>he cares about a band's image

jd091
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
So in 4 years they went from Emo's at Hot Topic to Hipster's from Starbucks?
Well... yeah! But it's not scene, and not nearly as bad in my mind.
>he cares about a band's image
Srs response to a non-srs post:

Come on, everyone cares about a band's image to an extent. If Iron Maiden was touring wearing skinny jeans, 2007 myspace haircuts, and SET YOUR GOALS shirts, are you telling me you wouldn't care? How about black metal? Why do all the elitists hate Liturgy? That genre has always been a popularity contest with your image. Hell, hardcore was always a popularity contest based on image also. Why do people love Gwar? Ghost? Portal? It's not all because of the music. Image certainly plays a part into their essence of a band. So yeah, I care about the music first and foremost, but image help define a band and determine if they are a band I'm proud to rep, or if they're a guilty pleasure I don't wanna associate with.

mankvill
11-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Srs reply: only faggots who want to be attention whores care about image. The music is all that matters. I like Norma Jean and Liturgy, along with Coalesce and Watain

Edit: re gwar, portal, etc.: those are shticks, not fashion.

hellawaits77ny
11-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Hipster's from Starbucks?

:lol:

Thats a perfect way to describe their attire!

MPF
11-07-2011, 12:03 AM

Thats a perfect way to describe their attire!

treghet
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Good to see Whitechapel still playing two old songs.

I remember in spring 2008 Whitechapel toured with The Devil Wears Prada, Maylene & the Sons of Disaster, and some other band I can't remember. The tour hit Chain Reaction. This time around they played Club Nokia (which is actually a theater). Should give you a sense of how big they've gotten in such a short time period.

And here's another old photo..

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/28316001/The+Devil+Wears+Prada+TDWP.jpg

dcmetal108
11-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Dammit JD post the review!

jd091
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Dammit JD post the review!

Eh. Just 'cause you want me to. ;)

dcmetal108
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
I waiting to hear about how my time was. And how we battled in the pit and and faced off in the wall of death.

xStructualDefect
11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Personally I don't care about image to an extent, but as much as people won't admit it many people do. People write off metal bands if they look ridiculous or not looking "metal." Despised Icon for example, many metalheads wrote them off as a wigger band just because of the way the singer(s) dressed with their flat bill hats. If you look them up on youtube that's all people talk about on their videos.

On topic. Pretty medicore Whitechapel setlist. They really need to bring in more This Is Exile songs. Father of Lies and Exalt would be awesome.

mankvill
11-08-2011, 05:06 PM
If you look them up on youtube that's all people talk about on their videos.

well there's your problem

jd091
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
So, I got to the House of Blues at 4:30 sharp, met with dcmetal in line (both wearing identical Terror shirts- HOW CUTE), and shot the shit for 40 minutes until we got in since it's the fucking House of Blues, and they never get you in on time. The floor was really weird actually, since they had a large back portion of it railed off because there was some guy with more sound/electronic equipment set up for some reason. Really weird, since it cut down on the amount of people who could be in the pit.

Anyway, immediately met another dude in a Terror shirt and talked with him for a while while everyone else filed in. It got pretty packed for For Today, and I saw that the show was sold out. For Today started right at 5:30, and they were fucking great! I've been waiting to catch them for a while, and I'm a big fan. Huge pit erupted for them. Lots of slamming, you guys would have hated it. ;) It got really fucking violent, and none of us were scene guys. Big hardcore guys. I was crowdsurfing during White Flag, and got to give Mattie a high-five, so that was pretty awesome. I think I saw 4 other guys in terror shirts, and a guy in a Terror sweatshirt who had a TUI shirt underneath. Not a lot of "scene" kids slamming. Great set by FT, also.

Anyway, sat back for Enter Shikari. Everyone seemed to love them a lot. They were... interesting. :lol: Fun to watch. I mean, sometimes it's just straight up dubstep! Anyway. I'd see 'em again.

Whitechapel came on next, and sounded great. I think they did a little better when I saw them earlier this year, and the crowd was definitely way more into them earlier this year. One too many songs off of the new album for me, but they played the best songs off of it, so I'm not complaining. I seemed to be the only person in the crowd singing out the old lyrics, too! It's kind of awkward when you're the only person screaming out, "ANAL SEEPAGE FLOWING/I CAN'T REPRESS THE URGE/THY CORPROPHAGIST SHALL INGURGITATE THE FILTH". :lol: Now, I'm pretty sure they played Prostatic after that, but I can't remember correctly. Maybe they didn't. Anyway, Wall of Death for This is Exile. Was around the same size as earlier this year. I got right in the front, and charged a split second early, lowered my shoulder, and I think I blew past the first couple people, because I look back and everybody was behind me! :lol: Really weird. Anyway. Good performance, even though it felt short.

The Devil Wears Prada really blew me away with their performance. They sounded great, and had awesome energy up on stage. Mike was just running back and forth like a madman. He's an amazing fromtman! The best songs they played were the Zombie EP and Dead Throne ones. You can definitely tell in my opinion that the older ones aren't as heavy or energetic as the newer ones. So I'm glad they played a ton of new stuff! I had a lot of fun, and the floor was packed, so most of the action was push moshing on the floor. I also like how they barely talk in between songs or during songs, they let the music do the talking. Complete opposite of the rest of that scene nowadays. Now that I think about it, Whitechapel didn't talk at all between songs either. Anyways, it was awesome. I already showed how their image has changed, and I love it. They don't look scene at all. There were still a decent amount of scen-y looking kids there, but not nearly as much as I expected. Great concert, overall! TDWP and For Today were way better than I expected, and blew me away. Cool time meeting dcmetal, also! :fist:

jd091
11-08-2011, 05:30 PM
On topic. Pretty medicore Whitechapel setlist. They really need to bring in more This Is Exile songs. Father of Lies and Exalt would be awesome.

Yeah, really. 5 off of the new album with only 2 from Exile is unacceptable. And everything in this set I've already seen before, except for Section 8. would have been cool if they pulled out a surprise for us.

dcmetal108
11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
That's right everyone! I'm cool to meet lol. It was a good concert though and funny as hell after I saw that it was charging at me for the wall of death.

treghet
11-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Yeah, really. 5 off of the new album with only 2 from Exile is unacceptable. And everything in this set I've already seen before, except for Section 8. would have been cool if they pulled out a surprise for us.

Time to make a dream Whitechapel set. :D

I seemed to be the only person in the crowd singing out the old lyrics, too!

That's sad. :hecho:

jd091
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Time to make a dream Whitechapel set. :D

That's sad. :hecho:

Yeah, I know. :( #feelsbadman

And I think I'll make a new thread for the dream set! Good idea. :D

treghet
11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I know. :( #feelsbadman

And I think I'll make a new thread for the dream set! Good idea. :D

Already done! http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=412662

jd091
11-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I was just browsing For Today's facebook, and apparently there are religious douche kids who are actually butthurt enough to want to leave the venue while Whitechapel is playing during this tour! :lol:

jd091
11-08-2011, 08:38 PM
ALSO, I'm 100% sure Whitechapel played Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation now because I distinctly remember being the only one that shouted out, "I AMPUTATE HER SALTY CLITORIS" :lol:

mankvill
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
ALSO, I'm 100% sure Whitechapel played Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation now because I distinctly remember being the only one that shouted out, "I AMPUTATE HER SALTY CLITORIS" :lol:

woah watch out we are dealing with a bad ass over here

jd091
11-08-2011, 09:07 PM
woah watch out we are dealing with a bad ass over here

I know most of the lyrics to that album. It's pretty disgusting. My friends think I'm a homicidal maniac when I showed them. :lol:

dcmetal108
11-09-2011, 09:40 AM
They did play Prostatic. It was the second to last song!

renegadeaven
11-19-2011, 10:54 PM
Enter Shikari setlist from tonight:

Destabilise
Motherstep/Mothership
Zzzonked
Arguing With Thermometers
Sssnakepit
Juggernauts
OK! Time for Plan B