PDA

View Full Version : Lamb of God 2012 North American Tour

Pages : [1] 2

dallasdude18
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
LambOfGodNews tweeted:
On November 15th, Lamb Of God will announce the first leg of their 2 year world tour. (via @Lambofgodband)

Has anyone heard who LoG will be touring with?? or any dates that are confirmed?? or anything else??

I cant wait to see LoG again!!

Resolution is going to be sick!!:rocker:

christopher
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
There's already two threads with this info posted..

hellawaits77ny
11-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Nothing confirmed here (that I know of), but like the above poster said, there is info and speculation in 2 different threads here.

jd091
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Need to see this. :snivel:

dallasdude18
11-06-2011, 08:28 PM
There's already two threads with this info posted..

Awesome! can I have the links for where you guys talk about the 2012 LoG tour??

brutal_descent
11-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Awesome! can I have the links for where you guys talk about the 2012 LoG tour??

Original thread: http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?p=409414

NickLed19
11-06-2011, 09:28 PM
Please come here.

Magson13
11-07-2011, 02:38 AM
I hope it comes here. Just so I can be like "Nah, fuck that show, I'm not going."

IrritatedTrout
11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
^My brother would be so stoked if it came to The Norva, I would only go if it was cheap and he really wanted to though.

MPF
11-07-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope it comes here. Just so I can be like "Nah, fuck that, I love men."

That does make sense.

larvtard
11-07-2011, 12:38 PM
That does make sense.

I'm confused, what did he even say to you that convinced you he's gay? From what I remember, he made some sarcastic comment that you perceived as him hitting on you :tp:

Don't hate, guys, Magson's a bro.

MPF
11-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm confused, what did he even say to you that convinced you he's gay? From what I remember, he made some sarcastic comment that you perceived as him hitting on you :tp:

He wanted me to *BEEP* him in the ass.

That's as man on man love as it gets.

dallasdude18
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I just found out THE ACACIA STRAIN is possibly touring with LoG for their North American 2012 tour.

Sepultura69
11-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I hope it comes here. Just so I can be like "Nah, fuck that show, I'm not going."

Don't like LOG? :confused:

NickLed19
11-07-2011, 03:21 PM
How does anyone not like LoG.

MPF
11-07-2011, 03:27 PM

Because they've made an album's worth of good music since As The Palaces Burn.

jd091
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I just found out THE ACACIA STRAIN is possibly touring with LoG for their North American 2012 tour.

i just came

hellawaits77ny
11-07-2011, 03:36 PM
i just came

Figured you would.

If TAS supports, that would be pretty sweet.

mastodon421
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I like The Acacia Strain, but they do not fit as an opener for Lamb Of God.

hellawaits77ny
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Definately 2 different styles, for sure. But I've had to put up w/ (as I'm sure all of you have as well) so many shitty openers over the years, and I would definately dig this lineup.

jd091
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM

Mindless mosh beatdown music. What's not perfect about that for LoG?

Magson13
11-07-2011, 07:43 PM
^My brother would be so stoked if it came to The Norva, I would only go if it was cheap and he really wanted to though.

I would imagine they would hit the National over the Norva. It'll be at least one of the two though, they never skip a VA date

Homophobes don't understand sarcasm when there's homosexuality in it.

:fist:

Bland, generic metalcore is not my idea of good music.

jd091
11-07-2011, 07:45 PM

cool

Magson13
11-07-2011, 07:51 PM
cool

Someone asked why people don't like them. I answered. Cool

jd091
11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Someone asked why people don't like them. I answered. Cool

http://img.anongallery.org/img/2/1/how-fucking-fascinating.jpg

Sepultura69
11-07-2011, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgUOK49Z9HQ

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-07-2011, 09:40 PM

I respect your opinion and all, but LoG is about as far from metalcore as it gets.

mankvill
11-07-2011, 09:51 PM
I respect your opinion and all, but LoG is about as far from metalcore as it gets.

True.

They are groove metal.

Watch out for Ravenheart.

Magson13
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM

They mix breakdowns with elements of metal. Therefore, they are metalcore by definition.

treghet
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
They mix breakdowns with elements of metal. Therefore, they are metalcore by definition.

Lamb of God started out as a metalcore band. They moved away from that sound many years ago. Sorry, bud.

mankvill
11-07-2011, 10:44 PM

I'm going to try to forget that you or anyone else actually made this post.

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 02:22 AM
Regardless of what genre(s) LoG adheres to, the bottom line is they used to kick ass and now they don't so much ;)

Steev
11-08-2011, 05:01 AM
Jan 24th at Irving Plaza

record release show with support from The Acacia Strain

GarageMetal468
11-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Is The Acacia Strain the only other band on this tour?

GarageMetal468
11-08-2011, 05:19 AM

Oh wow, didn't realize that Suffocation, Devourment and Dying Fetus were metalcore either! This is news to me!

:wallbang:

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 05:34 AM
Jan 24th at Irving Plaza

record release show with support from The Acacia Strain

SOURCE?

Steev
11-08-2011, 06:28 AM
SOURCE?

nextmosh.com/2011/11/02/lamb-of-god-record-release-show-at-irving-plaza/

300%_Density
11-08-2011, 06:50 AM
I'm going to try to forget that you or anyone else actually made this post.

Little do you know we are so going when this inevitably hits up KC. You just don't know it yet... LOL.

AnthG
11-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Regardless of what genre(s) LoG adheres to, the bottom line is they used to kick ass and now they don't so much ;)

See, I never understood this. I think the vast majority of New American Gospel sucks, and that Sacrament was awesome.

I mean, yeah, everyone has different tastes and what not, but why does everyone seem to shit all over newer LOG and praise old LOG. I mean, the riffs are better, the production is better, the songwriting is better, the vocals are much improved, the lyrics are still decent, especially now that he's not singing about Bush anymore. Is it because they've just gotten more popular? Srsly.

And yes, I realize I just did the opposite of what i'm criticizing of, which is shitting on the old stuff and praising the newer stuff.

KillerCannabis
11-08-2011, 07:53 AM
I don't think LoG's been able to write anything that tops AOTW, but I've found myself warming up to Wrath a little more lately. I'm interested in hearing the new album, and if it's any good I'll prob check em out on tour. I haven't seen them play in years.

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 08:49 AM
I personally think Sacrament and Wrath are their two best albums, but to each his own.

TonyD
11-08-2011, 08:52 AM
lolwut

detuned
11-08-2011, 09:31 AM
I personally think Sacrament and Wrath are their two best albums, but to each his own.

correct

Sanitarium78
11-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Is it because they've just gotten more popular?

Yes, as you know becoming popular is a big no no in metal;)

Even though LOG has done it the right way by touring their asses off, writing consistently good albums and becoming popular based on word of mouth. They've never gotten any radio play and they've stayed true to their metal roots and have never "sold out" or drastically changed their sound. Yet, people seem to have a huge problem with them. I really don't understand the large amout of hate they get for some people. They're probably just mad because LOG made it big while bands they consider much better dwell in obscurity.

Weather you like them or not you've gotta respect the road they took to get where they are and the level of popularity they've reached.

imanidiot777
11-08-2011, 10:10 AM

I agree, with Ashes closely next.

mastodon421
11-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Ashes Of The Wake and Wrath are easily their two best imo. Lamb Of God is extremely consistent though and I don't see this album changing that.

coltongsmith
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Ashes Of The Wake and Wrath are easily their two best imo. Lamb Of God is extremely consistent though and I don't see this album changing that.

This.

jd091
11-08-2011, 11:16 AM

The fact that you did not include Palaces just invalidated everything you just said.

Personally, and I've said this before, after Ashes, LoG's songwriting went downhill. That doesn't mean Sacrament or Wrath were bad... they were just shadows of the awesomeness that were their first 3 albums. The problem got especially bad on Wrath: many songs were just verse-chorus-verse-chorus, simplistic, with extremely "meh" lyrics. Look back on something like 11th Hour: the song evolves from point A to point B to point C, not reusing the same predictable riffs like traditional song structure. They were able to pull off asymmetrical structure well and tastefully, and remained catchy the whole time. I might do a super in-depth post analyzing different songs to give examples in the future, but it's undeniably there.

larvtard
11-08-2011, 11:49 AM
This.

correct
I agree, with Ashes closely next.

I don't think LoG's been able to write anything that tops AOTW, but I've found myself warming up to Wrath a little more lately. I'm interested in hearing the new album, and if it's any good I'll prob check em out on tour. I haven't seen them play in years.

It's funny because As The Palaces Burn is the only LOG album I genuinely enjoy :lol:

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 11:49 AM
They've never gotten any radio play and they've stayed true to their metal roots and have never "sold out" or drastically changed their sound.

This statement is completely and entirely incorrect, and it is exactly why a lot of people don't like the newer material. They have DRASTICALLY changed their sound. And it shouldn't be difficult to understand why someone who was a fan of the band around the time their earlier albums were released might not be interested in their newer stuff whatsoever. The music has steadily become more commercial, generic and boring.

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Oh wow, didn't realize that Suffocation, Devourment and Dying Fetus were metalcore either! This is news to me!

:wallbang:

And Meshuggah.

MPF
11-08-2011, 12:01 PM
It's funny because As The Palaces Burn is the only LOG album I genuinely enjoy :lol:

THANK YOU! :party:

Indestructible
11-08-2011, 12:22 PM
This statement is completely and entirely incorrect, and it is exactly why a lot of people don't like the newer material. They have DRASTICALLY changed their sound. And it shouldn't be difficult to understand why someone who was a fan of the band around the time their earlier albums were released might not be interested in their newer stuff whatsoever. The music has steadily become more commercial, generic and boring.

Randy changed his vocal style after New American Gosple, that is the only change I can find in Lamb of God.

hellawaits77ny
11-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Yes, as you know becoming popular is a big no no in metal;)

Even though LOG has done it the right way by touring their asses off, writing consistently good albums and becoming popular based on word of mouth. They've never gotten any radio play and they've stayed true to their metal roots and have never "sold out" or drastically changed their sound. Yet, people seem to have a huge problem with them. I really don't understand the large amout of hate they get for some people. They're probably just mad because LOG made it big while bands they consider much better dwell in obscurity.

Weather you like them or not you've gotta respect the road they took to get where they are and the level of popularity they've reached.

:horns:

jd091
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Randy changed his vocal style after New American Gosple, that is the only change I can find in Lamb of God.

Reeeeeeeeeally? It's pretty obvious.

AnthG
11-08-2011, 01:12 PM
They definitely changed and evolved their sound After NAG. Contrary to popular belief, they just changed it for the better.

I'll admit that Wrath maybe lacks a bit, but Sacrament and Ashes are my favourite albums from them.

MPF
11-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Black Label, Ruin, The Faded Line, Redneck, Set To Fail.

Yup those are all the same song right?
*obvious pointing out flaws is obvious*

IrritatedTrout
11-08-2011, 01:37 PM
I remember watching the Redneck vid as a teenager when it first came out.:lol: Still one of the only LOG songs I really like.

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 02:19 PM

The music and the vocals changed a LOT after New American Gospel, and throughout Ashes of the Wake you can hear them developing some of the style used on Sacrament and Wrath. Not to mention the vocals changed again on Sacrament with the addition of some dreadful Anselmo-worship.

Indestructible
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I wonder how mad you guys will be at my Lamb Of God album ranking:D

1. Sacrament
2. Wrath
3. As The Palaces Burn
4. Ashes Of The Wake
5. New American Gospel

Sanitarium78
11-08-2011, 02:52 PM

No they haven't drastically changed it. What I mean by "drastically" is that they've never changed musically the way Metallica did between And Justice For All and The Black Album. Or how Megadeth did between Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction.

They've become better songwriters over time and Randy's voice is miles better now than it was on their first album. Thier sound has changed but it's not to the point where it doesn't sound like them anymore. Like I said before, through all their success they still remain unmistakeably a heavy metal band. They remind me a lot of Pantera, who were more successful than LOG. Pantera did change their sound a bit on each album but they always stayed a metal band and were never commercial.

Also, if you think that LOG somehow sounds commercial, you've got no idea what commercial hard rock/metal sounds like.

xStructualDefect
11-08-2011, 04:07 PM

1. Sacrament
2. Wrath
3. As The Palaces Burn
4. Ashes Of The Wake
5. New American Gospel

Now that I think about it, I'd rank it the same way. Maaybe switch 3 and 4, or they are both tied. I can't decide.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Sacrament is their best album, in my opinion.

DementedX14
11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Ashes Of The Wake is my favorite :D

mankvill
11-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Here's my Lamb of God album ranking:

1. Vulgar Display Of Power
2. Cowboys From Hell
3. Reinventing The Steel
4. The Great Southern Trendkill
5. Power Metal

jd091
11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
1. Ashes of the Wake
2. As the Palaces Burn
3. New American Gospel

(way the fuck down)

4. Sacrament
5. Wrath

InFlamesOfBirchmen
11-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Why the hate on Sacrament?

Indestructible
11-08-2011, 05:13 PM
To be honest, everyone compares Lamb Of God to pantera, but I don't hear it. :eyes:

Sanitarium78
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
To be honest, everyone compares Lamb Of God to pantera, but I don't hear it. :eyes:

Then you need to listen to them closer. Musically LOG has a huge Pantera influence. It's actually pretty obvious when you listen to the last two LOG albums.

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 05:39 PM

1. Sacrament
2. Wrath
3. As The Palaces Burn
4. Ashes Of The Wake
5. New American Gospel

That's probably how I'd rank them as well. Though I might put Wrath at one, depending what mood I'm in.

2. Cowboys From Hell
3. Reinventing The Steel
5. Power Metal

Hurrrrrr you're cool man.

And Power Metal goes at number one.

BloodoftheKings
11-08-2011, 05:45 PM

How can you listen to a song like Redneck and honestly say you don't hear Pantera influence?

mankvill
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
SO GOD DAMN EASY TO WRITE THIS

mastodon421
11-08-2011, 05:55 PM
The fact that you did not include Palaces just invalidated everything you just said.

Personally, and I've said this before, after Ashes, LoG's songwriting went downhill. That doesn't mean Sacrament or Wrath were bad... they were just shadows of the awesomeness that were their first 3 albums. The problem got especially bad on Wrath: many songs were just verse-chorus-verse-chorus, simplistic, with extremely "meh" lyrics. Look back on something like 11th Hour: the song evolves from point A to point B to point C, not reusing the same predictable riffs like traditional song structure. They were able to pull off asymmetrical structure well and tastefully, and remained catchy the whole time. I might do a super in-depth post analyzing different songs to give examples in the future, but it's undeniably there.

I thought Wrath had some of the most catchy tracks and best riffs of their career. The lyrics were strong as always and there was even some melodic stuff on there, which was new for them. Palaces is a great album too, but I thought Wrath was stronger in every aspect.

300%_Density
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM

2. Cowboys From Hell
3. Reinventing The Steel
5. Power Metal

LOL. Hilario as always!!!

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 05:58 PM
No they haven't drastically changed it. What I mean by "drastically" is that they've never changed musically the way Metallica did between And Justice For All and The Black Album. Or how Megadeth did between Rust In Peace and Countdown To Extinction.

They've become better songwriters over time and Randy's voice is miles better now than it was on their first album. Thier sound has changed but it's not to the point where it doesn't sound like them anymore. Like I said before, through all their success they still remain unmistakeably a heavy metal band. They remind me a lot of Pantera, who were more successful than LOG. Pantera did change their sound a bit on each album but they always stayed a metal band and were never commercial.

Also, if you think that LOG somehow sounds commercial, you've got no idea what commercial hard rock/metal sounds like.

The change in style from NAG to Palaces was fucking massive. It was like two completely different bands. How do you not see that?

Also. Pantera was commercial as fuck. And that's where LOG is heading. I know when you hear "commercial" you think of Nickelback and Katy Perry, but believe it or not it actually extends far beyond that.

AnthG
11-08-2011, 06:02 PM

2. Cowboys From Hell
3. Reinventing The Steel
5. Power Metal

WHERE the fuck is Far Beyond Driven?

metallicbrian666
11-08-2011, 06:24 PM
The change in style from NAG to Palaces was fucking massive. It was like two completely different bands. How do you not see that?

Also. Pantera was commercial as fuck. And that's where LOG is heading. I know when you hear "commercial" you think of Nickelback and Katy Perry, but believe it or not it actually extends far beyond that.
How dare you mention the name of Katy Perry in the same sentence as that filth!

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Katy Perry > Lamb of God

mankvill
11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Katy Perry > Lamb of God

Lamb of God > Opeth

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Lamb of God > Opeth

Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh

mankvill
11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh

Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh > Opeth

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 06:44 PM
Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh > Opeth

Katy Perry > Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh > Opeth

Glad we have that cleared up.

jd091
11-08-2011, 06:58 PM

As for who has the better technical skills:

Opeth > Anaal > LoG > Katy

But as for who I like more...

Opeth > LoG > Katy > Anaal

:finger: Not to say Anaal is bad, though. Far from!

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
How dare you mention the name of Katy Perry in the same sentence as that filth!

Sorry, that was just the first thing that came to me on the fly :lol: I don't dislike her.

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM

Emmure > Opeth > LoG > Katy > Anaal

Seems about right.

illuminatus917
11-08-2011, 07:08 PM
As for who has the better technical skills:

Opeth > Anaal > LoG > Katy

Opeth > LoG > Katy > Anaal

Ludicrous. Absolutely ludicrous. ;)

jd091
11-08-2011, 07:08 PM
Seems about right.

I WANNA WACH U SUK HIS DIK

llama lom
11-08-2011, 07:27 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/newsfeed/000/072/594/2343445620110725-22047-145jxae.jpg?1318992465

treghet
11-08-2011, 07:39 PM

Kreayshawn > Katy Perry > Lamb of God > Anaal Nathrakh > Opeth

stylesclash516
11-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch > everything

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Marky Mark & The Funky Bunch > everything

CUMON CUMON
FEEL IT FEEL IT

brutal_descent
11-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Opeth [greater than or equal to] Anaal Nathrakh > Lamb Of God

imanidiot777
11-09-2011, 02:36 AM

For fuck's sake, Pantera was NOT commercial. Just because they got really popular off of their music does NOT make them commercial. If anything they got LESS "commercial" as their careers went on as well. Just because something sells a lot does not make it commercial.

And no, when I think of commercial metal I think of the latest Slipknot album or Disturbed, definitely not Lamb of God. They haven't even had a single song played on mainstream radio.

NickLed19
11-09-2011, 02:42 AM
For fuck's sake, Pantera was NOT commercial. Just because they got really popular off of their music does NOT make them commercial. If anything they got LESS "commercial" as their careers went on as well. Just because something sells a lot does not make it commercial.

And no, when I think of commercial metal I think of the latest Slipknot album or Disturbed, definitely not Lamb of God. They haven't even had a single song played on mainstream radio.

So true. LoG is far from commercial. Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, Godsmack, etc. That is commercial.

Epidemic Reign
11-09-2011, 04:35 AM

So what if they haven't had a song on mainstream radio? They've been all over MTV, what's the difference?. Just like Devildriver, Chimaira, and Machine Head. These are commercial metal bands. Their product is dumbed down to sell records to the high school crowd. And it all circles back to Pantera, who were pioneers of the oxymoron that is modern mainstream metal.

Epidemic Reign
11-09-2011, 04:38 AM
So true. LoG is far from commercial. Slipknot, Korn, Disturbed, Godsmack, etc. That is commercial.

However, Lamb of God is a metal band whereas the others are not (nu-metal doesn't count) ;)

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2011, 04:55 AM
So what if they haven't had a song on mainstream radio? They've been all over MTV, what's the difference?. Just like Devildriver, Chimaira, and Machine Head. These are commercial metal bands. Their product is dumbed down to sell records to the high school crowd. And it all circles back to Pantera, who were pioneers of the oxymoron that is modern mainstream metal.

Dude, just stop. You're making yourself look like an idiot/elitist asshole. Only Machine Head can be put in that category, and that was only for 2 records.

And while Pantera had a lot of mainstream success, I would hardly call their sound mainstream, especially on their later albums.

Sanitarium78
11-09-2011, 04:59 AM

Pantera was supported greatly on headbangers ball for Cowboys and Vulgar, this is true. But by the time Far Beyond Driven came out the ball was gone and yet the album went platinum and sold with pretty much no airplay anywhere. The same with Trendkill and Reinventing The Steel, both went gold without any radio or video play. They just had a very dedicated fanbase and it had nothing to do with being commercial because they were the very oppisite of that both in their music and attitude.

Also, Devildriver is commercial? Now you're stretching here. Their albums sell about 20,000 copies each and that's commercial to you? Seriously malevolent mike, get a fuckin clue.

IrritatedTrout
11-09-2011, 06:26 AM

I wanna buy this because all those bands suck (Machine Head less so than the others) but I dunno, man.

Epidemic Reign
11-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Ok, I'm done with it. I still think I have a valid point here but this is going nowhere.

300%_Density
11-09-2011, 08:10 AM
*coughing
*mods.. lock this
*end of cough

detuned
11-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Fri, Jan 27, 2012 - Toronto, ON - The Phoenix Concert Theatre
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1000476EE57EAB32

tteotd666
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM

Holy shit, Fuck yes. Was hoping Opera House but this works

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
I hear both God Forbid and Bleeding Through wanted to be on this tour. Not sure if they made it. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

jd091
11-14-2011, 02:04 PM
I hear both God Forbid and Bleeding Through wanted to be on this tour. Not sure if they made it. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Oh fuck! Lamb of God/Acacia/Bleeding Through = YOU ARE FUCKING MOSHING

Steev
11-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Teeth will be flying, probably fistfights

mankvill
11-14-2011, 02:21 PM

no not in the least you silly boy

jd091
11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
no not in the least you silly boy

Do you like Bleeding Through at all? Serious question.

dcmetal108
11-14-2011, 03:10 PM
So has a chicago date been announced yet.

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 03:14 PM
Do you like Bleeding Through at all? Serious question.

Bleeding Through is pretty bad jd, sorry bro.

Epidemic Reign
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Bleeding Through is pretty bad jd, sorry bro.

Do they still have that hot keyboardist? I'd go see her :lovedup:

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Do they still have that hot keyboardist? I'd go see her :lovedup:

As far as I know. I agree, she is really hot.

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Bleeding Through?? EEEWWWWWW. Still LOG + TAS is a good lineup in my eyes.

The Bleeding Through chick is nothing special IMO.

Steev
11-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Bleeding Through?? EEEWWWWWW. Still LOG + TAS is a good lineup in my eyes.

The Bleeding Through chick is nothing special IMO.

I think she's hot

She's actually dating Phil from Machine Head

MPF
11-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Lamb Of God/Acacia Strain/God Forbid/Bleeding Through

Hey guys I got a brilliant idea. Let's get all the biggest bands of 2004, and make them tour together in 2012. I LOVE IT

*Only band I'd be interested in is God Forbid*

GarageMetal468
11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Oh fuck! Lamb of God/Acacia/Bleeding Through = YOU ARE OUTSIDE DRINKING

Fixed!

Ugh, God Forbid, again? They played with LoG 2 and a half years ago but Municipal Waste, As I Lay Dying and of course Lamb of God made up for them. This lineup = :barf:

jd091
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I love Bleeding Through! I mean, I love all those others more, but I think they'd be sick openers. If this was the lineup, it could potentially be my show of the year. Would only prefer 3 bands though; I'd get tired with 4 or more.

christopher
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I love Bleeding Through! I mean, I love all those others more, but I think they'd be sick openers. If this was the lineup, it could potentially be my show of the year. Would only prefer 3 bands though; I'd get tired with 4 or more.

I get to see Bleeding Through for free on December 5th at a bar :D I haven't listened to anything since This Is Love, This Is Murderous, so it'll be like I'm in 8th grade again :horns:

300%_Density
11-14-2011, 05:14 PM

I don't do this much but jd sadly I have to agree that I am a fan of Bleeding Through. Idk why I do but I am partial to them. You are not alone this time jd.

daimonos
11-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Bleeding Through

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 05:46 PM
God Forbid, eh? Dude, LOG/TAS/GF : That's a great lineup IMO

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 05:46 PM
I think she's hot

She's actually dating Phil from Machine Head

She ain't hideous, just nothing special. Honestly, if she wasn't in a band, she probably wouldn't turn heads anywhere. Just my opinion.

kommie
11-14-2011, 05:53 PM
She ain't hideous, just nothing special. Honestly, if she wasn't in a band, she probably wouldn't turn heads anywhere. Just my opinion.

That's how all these bands with females are. In This Moment, Flyleaf, Paramore. Only popular cause of female singers.

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 06:04 PM
That's how all these bands with females are. In This Moment, Flyleaf, Paramore. Only popular cause of female singers.

Agreed, man. Off the top of my head, there's only one female musician I've ever really been attracted to, and that was Kristen Randall formerly of Winds of Plague. And even then, she's not gorgeous.

detuned
11-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Wed, Jan 25, 2012 07:45 PM - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01004754F48BB721
too late the hero opening

MPF
11-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Wed, Jan 25, 2012 07:45 PM - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01004754F48BB721
too late the hero opening

$26.50 isn't too bad for this show. If it's coming to Minnesota, I'm not going to go unless I can get in for free. But I was expecting WAY higher prices.

detuned
11-14-2011, 06:28 PM
for a venue that small $26 is a steal. no question it will sell out immediately.

jd091
11-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I get to see Bleeding Through for free on December 5th at a bar :D I haven't listened to anything since This Is Love, This Is Murderous, so it'll be like I'm in 8th grade again :horns:

Exactly, their old stuff was great!

mastodon421
11-14-2011, 07:06 PM
for a venue that small $26 is a steal. no question it will sell out immediately.

Yeah it will sell out in two seconds, I am kind of sad I probably won't get tickets.

orlandodavis
11-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Lamb Of God/Acacia Strain/God Forbid/Bleeding Through

Hey guys I got a brilliant idea. Let's get all the biggest bands of 2004, and make them tour together in 2012. I LOVE IT

*Only band I'd be interested in is God Forbid*

What a bunch of bloody AIDS infested diarrhea support. And not in a Cannibal Corpse good kind of way.

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah it will sell out in two seconds, I am kind of sad I probably won't get tickets.

Probably. I take it there fan club members get a pre-sale code. Anxious to see the other dates. Hope this one isn't the closest to my neck of the woods.

AnthG
11-14-2011, 08:04 PM

Hahaha, that's the day before Machine Head too. Holy fuck, the fact that they both land on a Friday and Saturday is fantastic as well.

So glad this is at the Phoenix too. I was afraid this was going to be at Sound Academy.

jd091
11-14-2011, 08:11 PM
What a bunch of bloody AIDS infested diarrhea support. And not in a Cannibal Corpse good kind of way.

>implying both Acacia Strain is bad
>implying God Forbid is bad
>implying Bleeding Through is bad

Seriously, you people! :nonono:

hellawaits77ny
11-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Isn't the "official" tour announcement suppsed to be tommorrow? Well, today I guess (11/15). Interested to see what the openers are for sure. The Acacia Strain (hope it's them) is listed at the NYC show, and Too Late (can;t remember the rest) is support for the Boston gig.

illuminatus917
11-14-2011, 08:17 PM
>implying both Acacia Strain is bad
>implying God Forbid is bad
>implying Bleeding Through is bad

Seriously, you people! :nonono:

>implying Acacia Strain isn't bad
>implying God Forbid isn't bad
>implying Bleeding Through isn't bad

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9071/screenshot20111115at121.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot20111115at121.png/)

jd091
11-14-2011, 08:19 PM
>implying Acacia Strain isn't bad
>implying God Forbid isn't bad
>implying Bleeding Through isn't bad

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9071/screenshot20111115at121.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/screenshot20111115at121.png/)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr4r3sADGf1qe6wzg.gif

illuminatus917
11-14-2011, 08:22 PM
:lol:

kommie
11-14-2011, 08:45 PM
I hope the NYC date is in the $26 range.... as I have a Live Nation coupon for $10 off.

Magson13
11-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Ya, tickets are going to be in the $20-$25 range. Because Lamb of God does not draw nearly as well as most people on here believe that they do. And if the rumored bands are true, then their opening package is not stacked like the majority of their past tours have been, so it'll be Lamb of God on their own merit.

(Which shows they cannot coheadline gayhem. *wins* :tongue: )

MPF
11-15-2011, 01:22 AM
Ya, tickets are going to be in the $20-$25 range. Because Lamb of God does not draw nearly as well as most people on here believe that they do. And if the rumored bands are true, then their opening package is not stacked like the majority of their past tours have been, so it'll be Lamb of God on their own merit.

Why do you still talk...

imanidiot777
11-15-2011, 02:30 AM

It is fairly obvious that you are biased against Lamb of God for some odd reason.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-15-2011, 02:35 AM
Fyi - not sure if GF or BT are on the tour, just heard they tried to get on the tour.

kommie
11-15-2011, 03:19 AM
Why do you still talk...

What people need to do is ignore the cock suckers posts, and maybe the fag will go away. we all know his purpose is to troll, and yet people still respond to his comments.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 04:41 AM
It is fairly obvious that you are biased against Lamb of God for some odd reason.

Nothing I said is biased, it is simply logical. Feel free to attempt to disprove what I said.

mastodon421
11-15-2011, 06:41 AM
They have announced the dates, they are doing six shows. It's being dubbed as a special event. The Acacia Strain and Too Late The Hero are the support.

1/22 Richmond, VA @ The National (LoG only)
1/24 New York, NY @ Irving Plaza
1/25 Boston, MA @ The Paradise
1/26 Philadelphia, PA @ The Trocadero
1/27 Toronto, ON @ Phoenix Concert Hall
1/28 Washington DC @ 9:30 Club

BlindGuardian93
11-15-2011, 06:44 AM
They have announced the dates, they are doing six shows. It's being dubbed as a special event. The Acacia Strain and Too Late The Hero are the support.

Source?

Steev
11-15-2011, 06:48 AM

fucking.....same day as Gigantour(which I also can't make)

kommie
11-15-2011, 07:32 AM

Yep, special event for the real fans who really want to see them in a small venue. that's my take on it anyway

mastodon421
11-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Source?

http://www.lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=17191

AnthG
11-15-2011, 08:08 AM

Last time they came through Toronto on a headlining tour, they played a 6,000 person arena, the same one Slipknot played a few weeks later on the AHIG tour. It may not have been sold out, but they still filled it up enough so that it didn't have to be moved (Disturbed booked that arena a month later and had to move their show to a 3,200 GA venue a week before the show due to low ticket sales. And we all know how big Disturbed is).

They also sold out the Kool Haus (a venue that holds probably twice as many people as the Phoenix does in Toronto) in a matter of days.

Steev
11-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Yep, special event for the real fans who really want to see them in a small venue. that's my take on it anyway

well, the ones who didnt in the past;)

I saw LOG 3 times in 2003, one was the Trocadero(with Chimaira and Atreyu) and the other 2 were a VFW Hall(with Unearth, A Life Once Lost, Every Time I Die, etc) and a run down Strip Club(with Shadows Fall)

kommie
11-15-2011, 08:48 AM
It's $35 in the city, with $10 rape me charges. so with my coke rewards coupon it's only $25 :D

brutal_descent
11-15-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm jelly, but to be completely honest, I'd be scared shitless to see a band like Lamb Of God or Hatebreed in a small venue. It's kind of my policy towards most hardcore bands overall - especially since crowdsurfers and stagedivers are my only concert pet peeves.

kommie
11-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm jelly, but to be completely honest, I'd be scared shitless to see a band like Lamb Of God or Hatebreed in a small venue. It's kind of my policy towards most hardcore bands overall - especially since crowdsurfers and stagedivers are my only concert pet peeves.

When I saw Lamb of God for Wrath in the city, it was a 3,000 capacity venue, and it probably close to sold out and you could barely move, this venue however is 1,000 capacity, so it will be much, much worse.

coltongsmith
11-15-2011, 09:02 AM

seeing hatebreed in a club is something i advise against. way to much crowdsurfing and pushing

IrritatedTrout
11-15-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm not really a LOG fan but I think I'm gonna end up going to the Richmond show because my two friends wanna go.

treghet
11-15-2011, 09:22 AM
You guys don't know how to have fun at shows. ;)

larvtard
11-15-2011, 09:47 AM
I was gonna say I wouldn't be able to make this, but this is next semester so my schedule may permit me to go to this. Not a huge LOG fan but I've always sorta wanted to see them live, and this Boston club is 904-person capacity. Apparently that's small for them...?

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
I was gonna say I wouldn't be able to make this, but this is next semester so my schedule may permit me to go to this. Not a huge LOG fan but I've always sorta wanted to see them live, and this Boston club is 904-person capacity. Apparently that's small for them...?

Very. They can pack venues that hold more than 3 times that amount.

TonyD
11-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Da fuck 6 dates?

mastodon421
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM

That's tiny for them. They sold out The Palladium (2,000 capacity) and the House Of Blues in Boston (2,500+capacity) on their last headlining tour.

larvtard
11-15-2011, 10:09 AM
That's tiny for them. They sold out The Palladium (2,000 capacity) and the House Of Blues in Boston (2,500+capacity) on their last headlining tour.

Damn, I should buy a couple tickets just in case; if I end up not going, I can make profit :cool:

People here at UVM definitely would not approve, though :tp:

imanidiot777
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
YYYeeessssss Trocadero baby :rocker:

I love that place. After seeing Down there and how intimate that venue is, I cannot wait for this.

Also, that is pretty awesome that they are hitting Anchorage, AK on the Pacific part of the tour.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't think anyone is udnerstanding this: Lamb of God did big shows and drew crowds like that, because they always brough stacked support. Children of Bodom and As I Lay Dying as openers, both of whom can headline the clubs LoG is doing on this mini-run, for about the same price. Of course it was bigger venues with decent crowds for that tour.....

imanidiot777
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't think anyone is udnerstanding this: Lamb of God did big shows and drew crowds like that, because they always brough stacked support. Children of Bodom and As I Lay Dying as openers, both of whom can headline the clubs LoG is doing on this mini-run, for about the same price. Of course it was bigger venues with decent crowds for that tour.....

Wrath debuted at #2 overall on Billboard 200 when it came out. Find me another one of these bands that are supposedly bigger that have sold those numbers. There's a stat for you asshat. :finger2:

jd091
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Fuck, they need to do a full tour on this. I NEED to see LoG and Acacia together.

mastodon421
11-15-2011, 11:42 AM

No I don't think you understand , you're wrong (as usual). Now please just go fuck off and don't come around these parts anymore troll.

jd091
11-15-2011, 11:44 AM
No I don't think you understand , you're wrong (as usual). Now please just go fuck off and don't come around these parts anymore troll.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/omglol69/Good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-1.jpg?t=1283492362

illuminatus917
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
^^ Should've saved that one for Magson. It would've been relevant in more ways than one.

mastodon421
11-15-2011, 12:11 PM
^^ Should've saved that one for Magson. It would've been relevant in more ways than one.

AnthG
11-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Luckily the Phoenix has a balcony with another bar up there. I'll just watch and enjoy the show safely from there.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 01:52 PM
Wrath debuted at #2 overall on Billboard 200 when it came out. Find me another one of these bands that are supposedly bigger that have sold those numbers. There's a stat for you asshat. :finger2:

Lamb of God is bigger than Bodom and AILD, yes. But in terms of live show drawing potential? They aren't as huge as people make them out to be. Hence, small clubs for $20-25, which is happening on this tour.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Such a compelling argument a to why I am incorrect. I'm quite impressed. :tp:

imanidiot777
11-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Lamb of God is bigger than Bodom and AILD, yes. But in terms of live show drawing potential? They aren't as huge as people make them out to be. Hence, small clubs for $20-25, which is happening on this tour.

They are playing small clubs for 6 dates for their fans who like small venues. I can guarantee you they will be at bigger venues the rest of the time.

imanidiot777
11-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some older songs played on these 6 dates. I hope to hear some different stuff.

Northern_Shaman
11-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Yeah interesting stuff about venue size. When Lamb of god played Vancouver with Children of Bodom it was held at a 7.5k venue. Wasn't sold out or anything, but I remember it being pretty surprisingly packed.

That was definitely the most fighting I've ever seen at a show as well.

I remember LOG's singer going on this huge "Thank you" speech because Wrath was "only #2" in the American charts but "got all the motherfuckin' way to #1 up here" in Canada to beat Taylor Swift and Nickleback or something.

Also Brittney Spears was playing at another venue in Vancouver that night and apparently walked off stage after smelling too much pot smoke (typical BC), to which Randy informed us of, and joked will definitely not be happening at "Lamb of fuckin' God!"

hellawaits77ny
11-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Bummer they'r eonly doing 6 shows. Should be prettty cool to see them in small venues like that, though. If there are tix leftover after the pre-sale, I just might hit the Boston show.

Steev
11-15-2011, 04:15 PM
For those talking about draw, when Wrath came out they did 2 sold out shows in Philly with AILD, and on the Sacrament tour they headlined the same arena in Reading that Judas Priest is playing

kommie
11-15-2011, 04:36 PM
I still don't see why people bother responding to Magson's comments, we know he's wrong, so just ignore his retarded comments. These shows will sell out, and my guess is he doesn't think they will. I can almost guarantee that the next time Lamb of God tour in NYC and do a big tour it will probably be Roseland Ballroom again.

MPF
11-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I still don't see why people bother responding to Magson's comments, we know he's wrong, so just ignore his retarded comments. These shows will sell out, and my guess is he doesn't think they will. I can almost guarantee that the next time Lamb of God tour in NYC and do a big tour it will probably be Roseland Ballroom again.

I like posting youtube videos in his honor. ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Those small amount of east coast shows would indicate to me that the band is probably on a bigger tour later in the year. It would be nice if somehow LoG ended up on Mayhem... perhaps sending 5FDP to Uproar...

kommie
11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Those small amount of east coast shows would indicate to me that the band is probably on a bigger tour later in the year. It would be nice if somehow LoG ended up on Mayhem... perhaps sending 5FDP to Uproar...

I hope LoG aren't on Mayhem, as they'd probably be stuck with 45 minutes again, and crappy more mainstream radio-rock bands will get more time.

jd091
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
It would be nice if somehow LoG ended up on Mayhem

Gross; that's the last thing I want from them: play in a huge, disconnected venue with a short set. Make these smaller shows a whole tour. With lots of tracks from Palaces, please. :snivel:

AnthG
11-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see some older songs played on these 6 dates. I hope to hear some different stuff.

I doubt it. Especially with Resolution coming out that same week, I expect a few new songs on the set along with the usual crowd favourites.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
They are playing small clubs for 6 dates for their fans who like small venues. I can guarantee you they will be at bigger venues the rest of the time.

Small venues, at low prices. I'm sure they will be playing bigger venues on the next leg of the tour, because they'll bring out a couple opening bands that can headline clubs on their own tours, just as they always do.

mattlion
11-15-2011, 07:12 PM
This strikes me as a cool way to get warmed up for what's sure to be a typical, long, brutal, LoG tour with multiple legs and runs.

The Paradise in Boston rarely books heavy bands, however, I saw Amon Amarth there last spring (and hung out with the band a bit about an hour after the show). I'm not sure how their security is going to handle this, though. AA draws more of a traditional "metal" crowd and isn't really a movement band. LoG draws a bit of a tough guy/hardo crowd and the Paradise really isn't built for these types of shows like the Palladium or HoB is.

I plan on trying to get a ticket, maybe I can make it. It would be a cool warm up for Megadeth at Mohegan 2 nights later provided I don't get involved in any beatdowns.

For the folks saying LoG doesn't draw.... they are one of the most sure-fire metal draws out there right now. Their music appeals to some traditional metalheads (the Pantera fans), some hardcore kids, and some underground fans. They also have a sizable segment of "musician" fans - their music is extremely technical, especially the guitar work, so a lot of players enjoy going to see them (and staying out of the pit).

xStructualDefect
11-15-2011, 07:12 PM
All Shall Perish posted today on Facebook telling people to like their status if they want to see All Shall Perish open for Lamb of God. Hmm..

Magson13
11-15-2011, 07:34 PM
their music is extremely technical, especially the guitar work

Magson13
11-15-2011, 07:35 PM
All Shall Perish posted today on Facebook telling people to like their status if they want to see All Shall Perish open for Lamb of God. Hmm..

I guess they're trying to crack into the xcorefag crowd. Acacia Strain for this leg, All Shall Perish potentially on the next leg...

hellawaits77ny
11-15-2011, 07:40 PM

For sure. Their website says they're going on a "2 year world tour."

I hope LoG aren't on Mayhem, as they'd probably be stuck with 45 minutes again, and crappy more mainstream radio-rock bands will get more time.

I agree, and disagree. I agree because you're probably right in that they'll only get the opening sport or 2 on the main stage, which is only the 45 minutes you speak of. However, if they ARE on Mayhem, it adds a great band to the lineup, and means one less gay band.

Fuck yeah, that would be sick.

jd091
11-15-2011, 07:57 PM

Do you play guitar? Ever learned any Lamb of God stuff? It's not too technical to be impossible, yet it's challenging enough to be fun to play. Learn the Vomit Riff then come back and say that. ;)

MPF
11-15-2011, 09:44 PM
I guess they're trying to crack into the xcorefag crowd. Acacia Strain for this leg, All Shall Perish potentially on the next leg...

In speaking of what you are, here you go buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKsVhyiISY8

Sepultura69
11-15-2011, 09:49 PM

My uncle use to always play that song when we were driving around in his busted up shitty rug of a "Car" when I was living with him in Iran back in the early 90's :eyes: :lol: :fist:

illuminatus917
11-15-2011, 09:50 PM
My uncle use to always play that song when we were driving around in his busted up shitty rug of a "Car" when I was living with him in Iran back in the early 90's :eyes: :lol: :fist:

Didn't know they allowed cars in Iran.

Sepultura69
11-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Didn't know they allowed cars in Iran.

:hmm: :hecho: :eyes:

what made you think that? :hmm:

illuminatus917
11-15-2011, 09:58 PM
:hmm: :hecho: :eyes:

what made you think that? :hmm:

:lol: I didn't think that. In related news though Cuba's government is now allowing people to buy and sell cars. Unfortunately there're still restrictions on imports, meaning few new cars can enter the market. But with demand high and supply low if you can manage to smuggle a car into Cuba you could sell it and make a fortune.

MPF
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I thought this was about making fun of Magson? :lol:

Magson13
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Do you play guitar? Ever learned any Lamb of God stuff? It's not too technical to be impossible, yet it's challenging enough to be fun to play. Learn the Vomit Riff then come back and say that. ;)

I don't play, but I can read sheets. I stand by my :lol:

MPF
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't play, but I can read sheets. I stand by my :lol:

I can read guitar sheets. Doesn't mean I can play it.

You really are the Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory of Metalsetlists. You strive for attention by being a twat, and gets off on trying to correct people, usually ending with you being wrong and you making people think/know you are gay.

Magson13
11-15-2011, 10:56 PM
I can read guitar sheets. Doesn't mean I can play it.

Ya, never said I could play. Simply that I understand the complexity (or lack thereof).

MPF
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Ya, never said I could play. Simply that I understand the complexity (or lack thereof).

I see you cut off half my statement.....

Just because you read it and understand it doesn't mean it makes a song easy or hard. I can read The Black Page by Frank Zappa note for note and understand it, doesn't mean I can play it on drums.

TonyD
11-15-2011, 11:30 PM
:lol: I didn't think that. In related news though Cuba's government is now allowing people to buy and sell cars. Unfortunately there're still restrictions on imports, meaning few new cars can enter the market. But with demand high and supply low if you can manage to smuggle a car into Cuba you could sell it and make a fortune.

Sounds simple enough

Magson13
11-16-2011, 12:41 AM
I see you cut off half my statement.....

Just because you read it and understand it doesn't mean it makes a song easy or hard. I can read The Black Page by Frank Zappa note for note and understand it, doesn't mean I can play it on drums.

Can you understand complexity versus simplicity?

MPF
11-16-2011, 01:02 AM
Can you understand complexity versus simplicity?

Yes, I've been studying music since I was 9 years old. So that's 14 years now. Which is about how old you are right?

Can you understand that they don't necessarily go hand in hand? Sometimes a complex pattern is harder then a simplistic pattern simply from how you learn and develop your skills.

In terms you can understand, Loving guys comes natural to you, but going after women is strange and confusing.

brutal_descent
11-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes, I've been studying music since I was 9 years old. So that's 14 years now. Which is about how old you are right?

Can you understand that they don't necessarily go hand in hand? Sometimes a complex pattern is harder then a simplistic pattern simply from how you learn and develop your skills.

In terms you can understand, Loving guys comes natural to you, but going after women is strange and confusing.

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/10/11208/11477007.jpg

MPF
11-16-2011, 01:18 AM

Caught the irony that Chris Crocker is the only one supporting Magson. Well done sir! :lol:

Magson13
11-16-2011, 01:38 AM

Of course, certain individuals may be able to learn more complex patterns easier than simpler ones. But the world doesn't work on a person by person basis, it works with a generalized standard. And since most people are able to learn less complex patterns at an easier rate, then less complex patterns are deemed easier.

jd091
11-16-2011, 01:50 AM

<3 u Lincoln

imanidiot777
11-16-2011, 02:38 AM
Of course, certain individuals may be able to learn more complex patterns easier than simpler ones. But the world doesn't work on a person by person basis, it works with a generalized standard. And since most people are able to learn less complex patterns at an easier rate, then less complex patterns are deemed easier.

You are an idiot. Listen, I DO play guitar. A lot of Lamb of God's riffs are difficult to play because you need to hit difficult hand positions extremely quickly. So yeah, you look at it on paper it might look easy, until you try to play it at the actual speed it is played at and you realize your hand is not big enough or can't get to the next chord fast enough.

And secondly, complexity does not necessarily equal good music. You can play the most difficult thing you can think up and it doesn't necessarily mean it will sound good. Some of the greatest songs in music are extremely simple (eg. Pantera - Walk, etc.).

Magson13
11-16-2011, 03:11 AM
You are an idiot. Listen, I DO play guitar. A lot of Lamb of God's riffs are difficult to play because you need to hit difficult hand positions extremely quickly. So yeah, you look at it on paper it might look easy, until you try to play it at the actual speed it is played at and you realize your hand is not big enough or can't get to the next chord fast enough.

And secondly, complexity does not necessarily equal good music. You can play the most difficult thing you can think up and it doesn't necessarily mean it will sound good. Some of the greatest songs in music are extremely simple (eg. Pantera - Walk, etc.).

Now now, no need for silly name calling simply because I'm besting you in a debate.

The whole idea behind understanding music sheets is exactly that, understanding how you go from note to note.

Not once in this debate have I said anything about how Lamb of God sounds. It was, however, said that people go see LoG live simply to see their musicianship, which just isn't true. Anyone interested THAT in musicianship can personally play better than LoG can.

makethemsuffer12
11-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Now now, no need for silly name calling simply because I'm besting you in a debate.

The whole idea behind understanding music sheets is exactly that, understanding how you go from note to note.

Not once in this debate have I said anything about how Lamb of God sounds. It was, however, said that people go see LoG live simply to see their musicianship, which just isn't true. Anyone interested THAT in musicianship can personally play better than LoG can.

Really? You of all people? You've probably used words like "fag" or "gay" (gayhem, anyone?) more than anyone else on this board.

Now for my input on the whole musical complexity thing, LOG songs aren't that difficult to play. They might have a few complex riffs here and there, but overall nothing too crazy. Though it definitely requires experience to be able to play their material, because while there might not be a whole lot going on with the left hand, you need to have a tight right hand to be able to pull it off (or vice versa if you play lefty). This is coming from someone who's been playing guitar for almost 6 years now. But that's just guitar. Percussion is a different story.

One more point I'd like to make. While LOG's stuff might not be super notey, you need to be precise and accurate to be able to play their stuff. Willie and Mark come from the Hetfield school of insanely tight right-hand centric rhythm players. Lamb of God honestly might be the tightest band I've seen live, which says a lot about their skills considering the difficulty of some of the rhythms (not in terms of time signatures, just overall timing and preciseness). Mark is a phenomenal soloist as well. He comes from a more old school approach with a lot of his stuff (mostly pentatonic-based, bluesy licks), but goddamn is he one of the most tasteful players out there, which to me speaks so much more than being able to play a million notes per minute (not that I don't love that kind of stuff, though).

brutal_descent
11-16-2011, 05:03 AM
<3 u Lincoln

:lovedup:

no homo

kommie
11-16-2011, 05:16 AM
Seriously people. We know Magson is wrong with everything it says, why waste your time arguing with it? He is a troll and he's trolling you, despite his claims he's making 'good debate'.

imanidiot777
11-16-2011, 05:39 AM

You can understand a sheet of music all you want but until you have actually played the damn instrument you have no idea what you are talking about. You can "picture" how difficult something is to play if you have never even played the instrument before.

imanidiot777
11-16-2011, 05:40 AM
Really? You of all people? You've probably used words like "fag" or "gay" (gayhem, anyone?) more than anyone else on this board.

Now for my input on the whole musical complexity thing, LOG songs aren't that difficult to play. They might have a few complex riffs here and there, but overall nothing too crazy. Though it definitely requires experience to be able to play their material, because while there might not be a whole lot going on with the left hand, you need to have a tight right hand to be able to pull it off (or vice versa if you play lefty). This is coming from someone who's been playing guitar for almost 6 years now. But that's just guitar. Percussion is a different story.

One more point I'd like to make. While LOG's stuff might not be super notey, you need to be precise and accurate to be able to play their stuff. Willie and Mark come from the Hetfield school of insanely tight right-hand centric rhythm players. Lamb of God honestly might be the tightest band I've seen live, which says a lot about their skills considering the difficulty of some of the rhythms (not in terms of time signatures, just overall timing and preciseness). Mark is a phenomenal soloist as well. He comes from a more old school approach with a lot of his stuff (mostly pentatonic-based, bluesy licks), but goddamn is he one of the most tasteful players out there, which to me speaks so much more than being able to play a million notes per minute (not that I don't love that kind of stuff, though).

I feel like Mark Morton doesn't get to let out his true solo ability on the Lamb of God records. I have seen some videos of him and he can really solo well. A lot better than shown on the albums.

larvtard
11-16-2011, 07:00 AM

The irony here being that Magson's using the word "fag" to label people that like deathcore, while apparently you still use the word "fag" to label people you find gay.

mankvill
11-16-2011, 08:44 AM
The irony here being that he's using "fag" to label people that like deathcore

synonyms

kommie
11-16-2011, 08:46 AM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F004763ACAB4076?crosssite=LN_US:862390:123545

Lamb of God concert in Alaska, $48. I thought they were only a $20 club band.....? Wait, they're not.

detuned
11-16-2011, 09:06 AM
travel to alaska is cheap and easy

illuminatus917
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
BREAKING NEWS: A 1951 Chevrolet was listed for $25,000USD in Cuba.

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...78S01I20110929

kommie
11-16-2011, 10:43 AM
if anyone wants to buy tickets to the NYC date early tomorrow morning (10am I believe) the MusicGeeks password is................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................................musicgeeks

IrritatedTrout
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
This has got to be the biggest thread ever for like 7 dates.;)

Edit: As far as the playing small venues for these dates go, I don't think the Richmond date is really a small venue for them. It's a large club where bands like Primus and Megadeth play and I can't think of any bigger place in the area that isn't an arena.

street_burial
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM

Edit: As far as the playing small venues for these dates go, I don't think the Richmond date is really a small venue for them. It's a large club where bands like Primus and Megadeth play and I can't think of any bigger place in the area that isn't an arena.

in all honesty The National is my favorite venue in Richmond followed by The Canal Club. The first time i went there i was expecting the place to hold 1,000+ and i was very mistaken. The place was sold out for Gwar back in 2010 and there really wasnt all that many people even though the place was packed

IrritatedTrout
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I've never been to The Canal Club but The National is a really cool venue. The Norva in Norfolk is pretty much the exact same setup but it's not as new.

TonyD
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM

I would bet the Big 4 threads for 2 dates are way bigger :lol:

MPF
11-16-2011, 12:31 PM
The irony here being that Magson's using the word "fag" to label people that like deathcore, while apparently you still use the word "fag" to label people you find gay.

I didn't know I stopped. :tongue:

But honestly, I'd be calling him that even if he didn't hit on me just because of how douchey he acts.

Magson13
11-16-2011, 07:45 PM
As far as the playing small venues for these dates go, I don't think the Richmond date is really a small venue for them. It's a large club where bands like Primus and Megadeth play and I can't think of any bigger place in the area that isn't an arena.

The National isn't a huge club. A bigger sized club would be like, 2500-3000 capacity or so. And it's only $20 for the show, which fits with the rest of the tour. Since they're hitting the National now, they'll probably hit the Norva when they do their traditional headlining tour later in the year.

AnthG
11-16-2011, 08:14 PM
And it's only $20 for the show, which fits with the rest of the tour.

Tickets for the Toronto show are $31.50. Which is about $30.80 US with the current exchange rate.

Also, you do realize that supply & demand and popularity of the band aren't the only items that factor into a price of a ticket, right? A lot of it has to do with the tour expenses and how big the production is for the stage show and what not. In Lamb of God's case, I can't see production costs being that big.

Magson13
11-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Service charges aren't included when talking about ticket price like this.... It is $25 before the charges.

Of course production costs aren't that high for this tour, just like every other club tour....

moobys37
11-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Service charges aren't included when talking about ticket price like this.... It is $25 before the charges.

Of course production costs aren't that high for this tour, just like every other club tour....

Mogwai tours clubs and have one of the most elaborate light show's I've seen outside of Maiden. Gwar tours clubs and we all know of their live show.

Magson13
11-16-2011, 09:56 PM
So, two exceptions. That 1% of bands really changes things for the other 99%........

mankvill
11-16-2011, 10:14 PM
So, two exceptions. That 1% of bands really changes things for the other 99%........

#OccupyGrooveMetal

Epidemic Reign
11-16-2011, 10:45 PM
#OccupyGrooveMetal

:lol::lol::lol:

kommie
11-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Got my ticket to this! only paid $25, thank you coke rewards.

imanidiot777
11-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Got my ticket to this! only paid $25, thank you coke rewards.

I already pre-ordered Resolution so I have a pre-sale code also but I don't think the show at Trocadero has a pre-sale. Would there be an obvious link to click on to get pre-sale tickets? Or is there some secret I don't know of?

kommie
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I already pre-ordered Resolution so I have a pre-sale code also but I don't think the show at Trocadero has a pre-sale. Would there be an obvious link to click on to get pre-sale tickets? Or is there some secret I don't know of?

Don't think that one has pre-sale, that's what the Lamb of God e-mail said

makethemsuffer12
11-19-2011, 04:37 AM
Well the NYC show is sold out, so I guess I'm not going. :bouville:

kommie
11-19-2011, 04:52 AM

OMG, Fagson was wrong? I am so shocked. a band that usually plays Roseland Ballroom (3,000 people) sold out Irving Plaza,(1,000 people) a venue that even Amon Amarth no longer play? I am so shocked at this it's unbelievable.

BlindGuardian93
11-19-2011, 05:00 AM

No there wasnt I'm going to the troc also i couldnt find where to enter the code anywhere. That ticketfly site sucks.

mastodon421
11-19-2011, 06:17 AM
The Boston tickets go on sale at noon today, won't be surprised if they sell out in 5 minutes.

kommie
11-19-2011, 06:44 AM
The Boston tickets go on sale at noon today, won't be surprised if they sell out in 5 minutes.

the city didn't sell out instantly, I checked periodically yesterday and I could of bought more tickets, but the site was so slow from people trying to get them. I bought them during a pre-sale though.

AnthG
11-19-2011, 06:56 AM

So did the Toronto show. They were on sale for an hour.

Well, Craigslist it is...

mastodon421
11-19-2011, 07:10 AM
I am highly considering buying 2 tickets and finding someone to drive me in there. This is just too good of an offer to pass up

detuned
11-19-2011, 07:49 AM
if you have the money, why not. worst case scenario you cant go and then you get to sell the tickets for way more than you paid.

detuned
11-19-2011, 08:07 AM
well that was easy. 7 minutes later and still not sold out, but it shouldnt be much longer.

kommie
11-19-2011, 08:10 AM
Just checked Boston, not sold out yet.

mastodon421
11-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Just checked Boston, not sold out yet.

I just got tickets! I am beyond excited right now.

kommie
11-19-2011, 08:22 AM
I just got tickets! I am beyond excited right now.

so far NYC and Canada are sold out. can't imagine Boston will be next. and NYC sold out in less than 24 hours of going on sale to the general public(Friday 10am). Oh yeah, Lamb of God is such a small club band.

mastodon421
11-19-2011, 08:25 AM
so far NYC and Canada are sold out. can't imagine Boston will be next. and NYC sold out in less than 24 hours of going on sale to the general public(Friday 10am). Oh yeah, Lamb of God is such a small club band.

I know right. I am surprised they aren't on the county fair circuit due to the fact that they are hugely unpopular.

kommie
11-19-2011, 08:28 AM
I know right. I am surprised they aren't on the county fair circuit due to the fact that they are hugely unpopular.

Yea, soon they'll be playing those inside venues at Dorney Park and Hershey Park, one year I was at one of them and I think Hootie and the Blowfish or something were playing there.