PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster?

toolfansat
11-05-2011, 04:25 PM
First - I don't know if this thread belongs on this Forum or not - if not - where?

Anyway,

Is there any way to validate a barcode/serial number on a Ticketmaster ticket?

Can a TM venue scan it and tell if it's a "good" ticket or not?

TonyD
11-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Why?

Butcher of Birth
11-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Looks like someone is trying to fake some tickets ;)

toolfansat
11-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Looks like someone is trying to fake some tickets ;)

Quite the opposite in fact! I have 2 tickets to a show, and I am pretty sure that 1 of them is "dead". I want to sell the ticket, but dont want to sell the "dead" one to someone. Why not just give them both, you ask? Well if TM fucked up and didnt deactivate the bad one... well...... :allan:

toolfansat
11-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Just for the record, I've been on the receiving end of fake tickets before, and I'd never do that to someone - it sucks! :bouville:

mankvill
11-05-2011, 05:50 PM
What is the show? The only shows I've been to that actually scan the barcodes are really big shows, like amphitheater-type shows.

kommie
11-05-2011, 07:23 PM
What is the show? The only shows I've been to that actually scan the barcodes are really big shows, like amphitheater-type shows.

Some smaller venues do it. I know one in the city that's a 2,500 cap venue does it, but that one is also the Best Buy Theater, I don't think Gramercy does anything beyond ripping up part of the ticket.

ShatteredFlame
11-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Some smaller venues do it. I know one in the city that's a 2,500 cap venue does it, but that one is also the Best Buy Theater, I don't think Gramercy does anything beyond ripping up part of the ticket.

No I've been to Gramercy lots of times and have the ticket stubs to prove that they were never ripped.

I don't think I've been to a show that didn't scan a printed ticket.

toolfansat
11-05-2011, 07:50 PM
I haven't been to a show lately where they didn't scan me in...

this is for a GnR show - I cancelled my order, but TM sent me the ticket anyway. I changed my mind and bought another, but now I've changed my mind again after reading about the ultra-late showtimes on the setlist forums. (Yeah I know... ) So now I have 2 tickets in my posession... Neither has anything to tie back to the original order number. I just dont know if TM voided the ticket even though they sent it out, or if I got a gift from the ticket gods!

ShatteredFlame
11-05-2011, 08:19 PM
They usually have info about this in your account under Order History.

IrritatedTrout
11-06-2011, 02:08 AM
One time I ordered a $5 "fast-lane pass" to get first entry to a Maiden show two summers ago and even though Maiden management had TM stop selling the tickets and they refunded the money they still sent the ticket to me. I didn't use it though, as I assumed they wouldn't be accepted.

Epidemic Reign
11-06-2011, 02:18 AM
My general rule of thumb is that if security actually bothers to scan your ticket, you probably paid too much to see a band that isn't worth paying that much to see.

Sanitarium78
11-06-2011, 09:28 AM
My general rule of thumb is that if security actually bothers to scan your ticket, you probably paid too much to see a band that isn't worth paying that much to see.

Yeah I know what you mean. Seeing bands like Rush, Iron Maiden, Heaven & Hell, Alice Cooper and Metallica was such a fuckin waste because they scanned my tickets. I'm actually rethinking about going to that Judas Priest show i'm planning to go to in a couple weeks because I know they're gona have the nerve to scan my ticket and completely ruin my enjoyment of the show. Seriously, how dare they?:rolleyes:

AnthG
11-06-2011, 10:12 AM
There's a venue near me that holds 700 people that most metal bands play when they stop in Toronto, and i've always had my ticket scanned at that venue. Size of the venue doesn't matter.

mastodon421
11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
There's a venue near me that holds 700 people that most metal bands play when they stop in Toronto, and i've always had my ticket scanned at that venue. Size of the venue doesn't matter.

Yeah it doesn't. When I went to OFWGKTA it was a 700-person venue and i got my ticket scanned. Actually the only venue I have ever been to that doesn't scan tickets is The Palladium.

El Gordo
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM

Dumb.

ravenheart
11-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Wait, Ticketmaster let you cancel tickets there? They'd just laugh in your face if you tried to do that here.

ravenheart
11-06-2011, 01:54 PM

If you took that attitude in Europe you'd never see a single band except at local bars.

IrritatedTrout
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I don't think they let you do that over here either.

toolfansat
11-06-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't think they let you do that over here either.

Live Nation (which is basically Ticketmaster, since the tickets say TM on them) lets you cancel within 3 days - but only at certain venues.

I cancelled. Got an email that my tickets had been printed and shipped, and then got an email that my order was cancelled. I got the tickets, but dont know if they are "live". It's for General Admission, and not tied to a specific seat.