PDA

View Full Version : BLACK SABBATH 2013-- New Album / World Tour

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

daimonos
06-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Oh, I forgot to make sure to let everyone know that I was just "stating my opinion". Sorry, guys. It won't happen again, don't worry.

TonyD
06-04-2013, 12:44 PM
...that should be a given with any post here and not taken so fucking seriously by everyone that replies :lol:

Travis The Dragon
06-04-2013, 02:39 PM
When the album was being written and recorded all I hoped for was they would recreate their classic sound of the first 5 albums. After listening to 13, my expectations have been more than met!

Sepultura69
06-04-2013, 07:20 PM
I am in love with "zeitgeist". Such an amazing song. The moody bluesy atmosphere mixed with ozzys watery vocals is just simply :drool:

The song reminds me of "Planet Caravan" off the paranoid album....Which is not a very good thing for raventheart because he hates that song. :hecho:

OraclesofAgony
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
So yeah, I need to listen to this sometime soon...

Sepultura69
06-04-2013, 07:30 PM
So yeah, I need to listen to this sometime soon...

I been listening to this album since last night. Check it out when you get a chance. It definitely has some stand outs. A fitting addition to the sabbath collection. :rocker:

Oh yeah...kinda random, but i saw you at bolt thrower ahahha. I was trying to get your attention during Autopsy(i was right next to you actually ahahahha). But sadly Autopsy was too loud for me to call your name out. I kept yelling out SCOTT but to no avail :cool:

OraclesofAgony
06-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I been listening to this album since last night. Check it out when you get a chance. It definitely has some stand outs. A fitting addition to the sabbath collection. :rocker:

Oh yeah...kinda random, but i saw you at bolt thrower ahahha. I was trying to get your attention during Autopsy(i was right next to you actually ahahahha). But sadly Autopsy was too loud for me to call your name out. I kept yelling out SCOTT but to no avail :cool:

Hahaha! You can't outmatch the heaviness of Autopsy. :lol:

Yeah I didn't see ya around, if I did I would've tried to get your attention. I was pretty fucked up that night though too. :tongue:

Sepultura69
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Hahaha! You can't outmatch the heaviness of Autopsy. :lol:

Yeah I didn't see ya around, if I did I would've tried to get your attention. I was pretty fucked up that night though too. :tongue:

truth be told...I saw you multiple times at the show but I didn't wanna bug ya cause you seemed pretty occupied with all the randomness that was going on at that show, ahahha.

anyways, it was great seeing you at Suffocation this year. Mass obliteration was the most intense encore that i have ever witnessed in my entire life. Hope to see you again man. Hopefully you can snag some black sabbath tickets for the irvine show. :rocker:

PVH5150
06-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Age Of Reason
Dear Father
Damaged Soul

Instant classics.

OraclesofAgony
06-04-2013, 07:58 PM
truth be told...I saw you multiple times at the show but I didn't wanna bug ya cause you seemed pretty occupied with all the randomness that was going on at that show, ahahha.

anyways, it was great seeing you at Suffocation this year. Mass obliteration was the most intense encore that i have ever witnessed in my entire life. Hope to see you again man. Hopefully you can snag some black sabbath tickets for the irvine show. :rocker:

Haha it's all good man. I must really have been occupied then since I didn't see you. :lol:

And yeah it was great times at Suffocation. I'm broke as fuck right now so I don't know about Sabbath haha. Maybe if I can find a good job after I graduate in a couple weeks.

TonyD
06-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I can't get into the iTunes store :'(

Sepultura69
06-04-2013, 08:07 PM

you missing out on a bomb ass record my nigga. :mrt:

Sanitarium78
06-04-2013, 08:10 PM

You don't need to. The album is "out" right now:rocker:

Sanitarium78
06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Age Of Reason
Dear Father
Damaged Soul

Instant classics.

Yep. Those are my favorites along with End Of The Beginning.

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
I'll have to give it more listens but i'm not as impressed as everyone else seems to be. The record is pretty solid throughout but on my first listen I felt The End of the Beginning was the best song by far and I was disappointed with the rest of the album because I just kept waiting for it to get that good again.

Then again that was just my first impression. I'm sure some songs will grow on me a little more.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
I'll have to give it more listens but i'm not as impressed as everyone else seems to be. The record is pretty solid throughout but on my first listen I felt The End of the Beginning was the best song by far and I was disappointed with the rest of the album because I just kept waiting for it to get that good again.

Then again that was just my first impression. I'm sure some songs will grow on me a little more.

I felt the same way. About the 3rd or 4th listen it really grew on me once I was able to sit back and enjoy it several listens in a row.

anomynous
06-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Really like the album.

I skip Zeitgiest, but still. Album's pretty good.

TonyD
06-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Haven't had a chance to listen all the way through, but Ozzy's voice sounds too good to be true. I'm trying to stay completely objective about it but every other vocal run has me wondering "how many takes did they splice together to get that" :rolleyes:
I hate being a cynical asshole.

daimonos
06-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Haven't had a chance to listen all the way through, but Ozzy's voice sounds too good to be true. I'm trying to stay completely objective about it but every other vocal run has me wondering "how many takes did they splice together to get that" :rolleyes:

It doesn't sound the best, but at least it's not overproduced to all shit. I honestly hadn't thought about it the way you did until right now. Way to spread the negativity, bro.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey, at least Ozzy was willing to work that hard to get enough takes to have decent enough ones to splice together. There's definitely some processing on Ozzy's voice, but it's nothing compared to his last few solo albums. Just from "God Is Dead?" it's apparent that Ozzy really had to work his ass off on this. There's definitely some "fix it in post" but it's not a "fuck it, fix everything in post" like Scream was. (And hey, I don't think Scream is a terrible album. Just a meh one.)

hot_turkey_ed
06-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Understandable and I would be lying if I wrote that I have didn't some cynical thoughts about his voice myself. I just let it go and just enjoyed the album.

:2cents:

Onioner
06-05-2013, 07:59 PM
This album is making me so happy, I'm almost about to cry. I never thought I'd hear Tony Iommi in such awesome form after The Devil You Know again. If this is the last Black Sabbath album, they're going out with a bang.

Mike Exeter and Andrew Scheps really nailed the production in my opinion. Yeah, there are a couple little things here and there, but 13 sounds much much better than I was expecting.

Sepultura69
06-05-2013, 08:01 PM
This album is making me so happy, I'm almost about to cry. I never thought I'd hear Tony Iommi in such awesome form after The Devil You Know again. If this is the last Black Sabbath album, they're going out with a bang.

Mike Exeter and Andrew Scheps really nailed the production in my opinion. Yeah, there are a couple little things here and there, but 13 sounds much much better than I was expecting.

I'm actually looking forward to hearing the new songs live. Hope they some how fit in "damaged soul" to the setlist by the end of august. :D

TonyD
06-05-2013, 10:22 PM
I got all the way through and the ending just made me put on the s/t album.
Whatever :stoned:

ravenheart
06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
The album reached no.1 in the UK today. Apparently also in Australia on Friday.

Obviously there are enough of those "No Ozzy no Sabbath" retards around to have latched on to this and bought it having not bought a Sabbath-related album for 40 years. It set a British record for the longest stretch between no. 1 albums. 43 years. Previous record was 34 years (Rod Stewart, and the first of those was a greatest hits CD, which I don't think should count).

I like the album a lot, incidentally.

ravenheart
06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Understandable and I would be lying if I wrote that I have didn't some cynical thoughts about his voice myself. I just let it go and just enjoyed the album.

:2cents:

Agreed. Except, am I the only one who thinks he sounds shit on the first track?

IrritatedTrout
06-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Wow, I'm surprised everyone likes it so much. I need to listen to it some more but I'm not in love with it right now. It's not bad and there are some cool parts but it's not really grabbing me.

Sanitarium78
06-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm really liking the new album. I don't give a fuck how much studio magic was done to "fix" Ozzy's voice or how many takes it took for him to get something right vocally. We've got a great new album from Black Sabbath in 2013 with Ozzy, Tony and Geezer back together. That's something a lot of people never thought would happen again.

It's fine addition to the Sabbath discography and if it's their last album they're going out in an awesome way. Iommi proves once again on 13 why he's the greatest riff master of all time.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-16-2013, 09:19 PM
It's fine addition to the Sabbath discography

Agreed. It holds its own with any Ozzy or Dio era albums & Born Again.

daimonos
06-16-2013, 10:47 PM
I'd personally say it's better than Technical Ecstasy, Born Again, The Devil You Know and probably all of the Tony Martin albums.

ravenheart
06-17-2013, 02:01 AM
I'd personally say it's better than Technical Ecstasy, Born Again, The Devil You Know and probably all of the Tony Martin albums.

Yes, yes, maybe, no.

ravenheart
06-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats confirmed to open all UK shows on the tour. They're good, but that's a bit underwhelming. Would have preferred someone bigger as special guests and someone like this as an opener.

IrritatedTrout
06-17-2013, 06:13 AM
Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats confirmed to open all UK shows on the tour. They're good, but that's a bit underwhelming. Would have preferred someone bigger as special guests and someone like this as an opener.

Better than Andrew W.K. and I've never even listened to Uncle Acid.;)

ravenheart
06-17-2013, 07:58 AM
Better than Andrew W.K. and I've never even listened to Uncle Acid.;)

Truth.

daimonos
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Yes, yes, maybe, no.

Well, I'd definitely say it's better than Forbidden and Headless Cross and MAYBE Tyr. Cross Purposes and Eternal Idol are my favorite Tony Martin albums, so I'd at least put them on par with 13, but I've got a feeling that I'll grow to like 13 more than them. Only time will tell, I suppose.

IrritatedTrout
06-17-2013, 10:10 AM
I've always thought Tyr was easily the best Martin Sabbath album.

Edit: Also, I bought my copy in Germany so I was wondering of the US release was the same but does the booklet really suck? No pictures or design or anything at all, just the lyrics and that's it?

ravenheart
06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
I've always thought Tyr was easily the best Martin Sabbath album.

I still don't have that. Out of print here and annoyingly expensive to find. Same with Cross Purposes.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-17-2013, 10:37 AM
I still don't have that. Out of print here and annoyingly expensive to find. Same with Cross Purposes.

So you're already ranking 13 against the Tony Martin albums and you haven't even heard them all? :lol:

That must mean you like some combination of Forbidden, Headless Cross, and The Eternal Idol, which if that's the case, holy shit dude, go get TYR and Cross Purposes right now, because those two are easily the best of the Tony Martin era. Seriously. I'm sure the Internet could take care of your needs if nothing else can ;) At least YouTube the songs or something.

Anyways, 13 is easily better than all of those as a Black Sabbath album. The Tony Martin era albums, they're alright, for the most part. But they are Black Sabbath albums in name only. The only one that's even close is Cross Purposes; at least it has Geezer. But that math makes it as much of a Black Sabbath album as Ozzy's Ozzmosis. And of course, it's not just math. Tony Martin writes god awful lyrics, and the Tony Martin era tried too hard to be of the times, and got away (not "progressed from") where Black Sabbath started.

13 feels like a decades overdue course correction compared to them.

Also, praise Satan or whoever, that Forbidden won't go down as the last official Black Sabbath studio album.

daimonos
06-17-2013, 11:05 AM

I had Tyr when I was a little kid and it's disappeared over the years. I wish I still had it, because it is in fact pretty expensive to buy online.

So you're already ranking 13 against the Tony Martin albums and you haven't even heard them all? :lol:

That must mean you like some combination of Forbidden, Headless Cross, and The Eternal Idol, which if that's the case, holy shit dude, go get TYR and Cross Purposes right now, because those two are easily the best of the Tony Martin era. Seriously. I'm sure the Internet could take care of your needs if nothing else can ;) At least YouTube the songs or something.

Anyways, 13 is easily better than all of those as a Black Sabbath album. The Tony Martin era albums, they're alright, for the most part. But they are Black Sabbath albums in name only. The only one that's even close is Cross Purposes; at least it has Geezer. But that math makes it as much of a Black Sabbath album as Ozzy's Ozzmosis. And of course, it's not just math. Tony Martin writes god awful lyrics, and the Tony Martin era tried too hard to be of the times, and got away (not "progressed from") where Black Sabbath started.

13 feels like a decades overdue course correction compared to them.

Also, praise Satan or whoever, that Forbidden won't go down as the last official Black Sabbath studio album.

:fist:

Onioner
06-17-2013, 11:22 AM

:fist:

ravenheart
06-17-2013, 11:55 AM

Individually, no, I'm not. Someone else said it's better than all of them, and it isn't.

300%_Density
06-19-2013, 06:27 AM
Wow.

155k sold in its 1st week, good enough for #1 on Billboard. :party::party:

IrritatedTrout
06-19-2013, 06:30 AM
Good for them. It's growing on me but I'm still not crazy about it.

ravenheart
06-19-2013, 06:51 AM
So how many countries is it number 1 in now? Definitely US, UK and New Zealand.

Thought it was also #1 in Australia, but apparently not.

300%_Density
06-19-2013, 07:01 AM
So how many countries is it number 1 in now? Definitely US, UK and New Zealand.

Thought it was also #1 in Australia, but apparently not.

Also #1 in Germany
According to Blabbermouth it was #4 in Australia.

ravenheart
06-19-2013, 07:05 AM
Also #1 in Germany
According to Blabbermouth it was #4 in Australia.

Nice. Swedish charts are Fridays, so it'll probably be in there this week.

#3 in Finland, #5 in Ireland, #10 in Holland.

PVH5150
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Black Sabbath's first ever #1 album in the states in their 43 year recording career.

Wow.

TonyD
06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
One #1 album in 40+ year career
Released when album sales are at rock bottom
BadLuckBrian.jpg

dcmetal108
06-27-2013, 11:05 AM
BLACK SABBATH CHOOSE ANDREW W.K. AS THE EXCLUSIVE OPENING ACT FOR THEIR 2013 NORTH AMERICAN TOUR!

Black Sabbath have personally invited Andrew W.K. to join them for their entire North American tour, asking him to kick-off every show as their exclusive opening act. Per their request, the King of Partying will perform a special DJ set every night before the definitive heavy metal band takes the stage. Andrew promises to spin a rabble-rousing selection of classic riffs, heavy jams, and crowd pleasing favorites spanning every era of hard rock and metal.

As the anticipation builds for Sabbath's show, fans can count on Andrew to crank up the excitement even higher with his signature style and party energy. He's been asked to prime the atmosphere before the metal masters take the stage, and he will do everything he can to deliver the goods.

Speaking on being chosen for such a prestigious bill, W.K. said:

"I’m just shocked. It’s just the most incredible dream come true! This is the greatest honor I could be given. I remember when the phone rang and I first heard that Black Sabbath wanted me to be their exclusive opening act. I was really in a state of disbelief – almost sick with amazement and excitement. It took about 3 days until I fully mastered the reality of this opportunity and realized it was really going to happen. Black Sabbath’s music changed my life from the first time I heard it, and this tour will change my life all over again. I couldn’t be more thankful or humbled by this one-in-a-billion miracle. Can this really be real!? What kind of adventure will this be!?"

Odd.

EvilCheeseWedge
06-27-2013, 11:09 AM
The flowery language in that press release makes me want to hurt myself.

What a strange opening act.

ravenheart
06-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Well, I always thought it was a crappy choice, but as a DJ act? Even worse.

Only surprise is they haven't pulled the same stunt in Europe. We had to suffer a DJ last year in Birmingham. Total waste of time.

AnthG
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Andrew WK > Other bands you guys would have wanted to open.

Although a DJ set? Lame. He better be pulling out some live "She is Beautiful."

christopher
06-27-2013, 01:30 PM
That is random.

Sanitarium78
06-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I like the idea Sabbath has behind this. Choose the shittiest possible opener you can so their show comes off as ten times more awesome. Pure genius!!

ravenheart
06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
At least we got a good support band in the UK, even if it is a small one.

TonyD
06-27-2013, 03:22 PM
:mad:
DJ set? WTF?

IrritatedTrout
06-27-2013, 03:31 PM
DJ set?

Well, better than hearing him play his own set.

PVH5150
06-27-2013, 04:41 PM
Andrew WK > Other bands you guys would have wanted to open.

I wanted Saint Vitus to open.

I win.

TonyD
06-27-2013, 05:29 PM
If they're advertising AWK and I don't hear Party Hard live... some heads are gonna roll.

mankvill
06-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Ugh. A full band AWK opening set would've been perfect. A DJ set just sounds lame.

Sepultura69
06-27-2013, 08:39 PM
Sabbath should have gotten "The Tom & Kerry Experience" to open up for them instead of this piece of shit. :hmm:

Looks like i'll be arriving a little late.

ravenheart
06-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Looks like i'll be arriving a little late.

You and most people at most shows.

adamclark52
06-28-2013, 08:38 AM
I like the idea Sabbath has behind this. Choose the shittiest possible opener you can so their show comes off as ten times more awesome. Pure genius!!

I think you hit the nail right on the head. I like Andrew W.K. but your average Black Sabbath fan won't. I can remember seeing the Deftones open for Sabbath on the first reunion and the fans were HATING them. Pantera didn't get a very good reaction either. The fans under the age of twenty five were the only ones giving any love to those bands and I think that was maybe thirty percent of the crowd.

ravenheart
06-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I think you hit the nail right on the head. I like Andrew W.K. but your average Black Sabbath fan won't. I can remember seeing the Deftones open for Sabbath on the first reunion and the fans were HATING them. Pantera didn't get a very good reaction either. The fans under the age of twenty five were the only ones giving any love to those bands and I think that was maybe thirty percent of the crowd.

Same thing happened when Heaven & Hell toured the UK with Lamb of God as special guests.

300%_Density
06-28-2013, 10:29 AM
I can't think of a ton of bands that would open up for Sabbath that would actually make a lot of the older Sabbath fans happy and that would really make sense for opening for them.

AnthG
06-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Plus, Andrew WK played Ozzfest in 2002. Then again so did like, Seether and Crazy Town in another year. But whatever.

ravenheart
06-28-2013, 12:13 PM
I can't think of a ton of bands that would open up for Sabbath that would actually make a lot of the older Sabbath fans happy and that would really make sense for opening for them.

Doesn't that say more about older fans' attitudes to new music than anything else?

300%_Density
06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Doesn't that say more about older fans' attitudes to new music than anything else?

Yep, completely. Even though my dad isn't a Sabbath fan he would be of that age group. I can't think of any music that he evens listens to that came out after the 80s. Obviously I'm sure there are a good amount that would be exceptions to this, but I'm going to guess the majority of people who grew up w/ Sabbath probably haven't listened to many new bands since the 80s as well.

I'm sure there are exceptions but as a whole I'm guessing this is closer to being true than not.

PVH5150
06-28-2013, 04:45 PM

Saint Vitus
Pentagram
Candlemass
Pagan Altar
Witch Mountain
Blood Ceremony
Ghost

Any of those would be righteous.

ravenheart
06-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Saint Vitus
Pentagram
Candlemass
Pagan Altar
Witch Mountain
Blood Ceremony
Ghost

Any of those would be righteous.

In actual fact, Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats belong on that list, which is who we've got opening the UK shows.

But, I'd be pretty sure most old Sabbath fans don't listen to any of those bands. Don't forget, the majority of the crowds for these shows are going to be made up of people who haven't paid the blindest bit of attention to Sabbath or anything related to them in 30 years.

SomewhereInTime72
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I'd be willing to wager that half of the Sabbath fans in the crowd wouldn't even give those bands a shot, and immediately dismiss them as bad new crap. No matter how sabbath-based their own sounds may be.

:hmm:

OraclesofAgony
06-29-2013, 07:32 PM
So I finally listened to the album, and it is pretty damn awesome.

justinm4bama
06-29-2013, 07:44 PM
So I finally listened to the album, and it is pretty damn awesome.

I agree with you on that. Easily in my top 5 favorite Sabbath albums.

Sanitarium78
06-30-2013, 06:28 AM
Easily in my top 5 favorite Sabbath albums.

Come on now, seriously? The album is really damn good but it's not that good.

ravenheart
06-30-2013, 07:58 AM
Come on now, seriously? The album is really damn good but it's not that good.

Just what I was thinking.

PVH5150
06-30-2013, 09:01 AM
I'd rank it above Technical Ecstasy, Never Say Die, Born Again, Seventh Star, Headless Cross, Tyr & Forbidden.

Spiner202
06-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I just gave it a listen for the first time, and while I do like it, I enjoyed the two songs they released before the album the most. I don't remember much from the album (besides "Zeitgeist"), but it took me a really long time to get into Ozzy-era Sabbath anyways, so I'm going to be listening to this a lot to see if it clicks.

ravenheart
06-30-2013, 09:52 AM
I just gave it a listen for the first time, and while I do like it, I enjoyed the two songs they released before the album the most. I don't remember much from the album (besides "Zeitgeist"), but it took me a really long time to get into Ozzy-era Sabbath anyways, so I'm going to be listening to this a lot to see if it clicks.

Those two definitely aren't the best songs, so keep listening :)

Spiner202
06-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Those two definitely aren't the best songs, so keep listening :)

Will do. I originally didn't like the track "Lonely Is the Word" and now it is a top 3 or 4 Sabbath song for me, so I know they can be a grower band.

ravenheart
07-31-2013, 09:19 AM
Just when we thought it was all done and dusted... more from Bill Ward:

Q: There are so many stories about why you are not playing with Sabbath on the CD (13) as well as with them on tour. Can you set record straight on why you didn’t join in with the reunion?

A: [Laughing] "I was offered a contact and I couldn’t sign it. As for some of the stories – I would never, ever show up for a commitment that I could not do physically. So that should answer that one! In the statement that I did last year, I was quite clear that I came to the end of the road and promised myself and my family that I would never sign a contract that was not workable. It was one of the toughest decisions that I ever had to make. Because I absolutely and without question wanted to play. I haven’t left the band. Everybody thinks I have left the band. I didn’t walk out; it wasn’t like that at all! I just didn’t sign the contact and life took its own course."

Q: Ozzy (Osbourne) said he still loves you, and hopes next time around you will be there. Do you think there is any truth to that?

A: "I have a complete open mind to the idea. All the nicety and placations in the world will mean nothing unless I get the right contract."

Q: I heard that they wanted you to come out to play on a few songs each night.

A: "I’m the drummer in Black Sabbath so I want to do the entire show. I play all or nothing.Playing partially would kind of be aligning to my demise in Sabbath and minimize me. I’m the drummer in Sabbath and quite capable of doing the job."

Sure Bill, sure. You haven't left the band, but you refused to sign the contract that made you part of the band because you wanted more money. That means you're not in the band.

sfhui
08-16-2013, 12:52 AM
does anyone know if there has been any pit tickets released for the Irvine show?
there is pit section listed on livenation, but I never seen any pit tickets anywhere:eyes:

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2013, 06:52 AM
The DC show was supposed to be GA pit right up until the day before tickets went on sale and they changed it. Maybe that one got changed last minute as well?

Sanitarium78
08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
does anyone know if there has been any pit tickets released for the Irvine show?
there is pit section listed on livenation, but I never seen any pit tickets anywhere:eyes:

If there's no tickets available in the pit then that means the section is sold out or they did away with selling tickets there. Keep checking in the days leading up to the show to see if something opens up. If not, you can always ask at the box office when you go to the venue if there's any tickets for the pit left.

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2013, 08:02 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/geezer-butler-this-will-probably-be-the-last-black-sabbath-tour/

Sepultura69
09-03-2013, 07:59 AM
"13" is really growing on me. I'll admit that the first few rounds I did enjoy the album but nothing too special. Now I must admit that I fucking love this album to death. I have been playing this record every single day, non stop for the past 2-3 months. I usually spin the entire disc before work, during my break, after work, and maybe one more session before I hit to sleep. This album is definitely no "Vol 4." or "Sabotage" but goddamn this album is still a stone cold classic. "End of the Beginning", "God is Dead", "Age of Reason", "Live Forever", "Zietgeist", and "Damaged Soul" will all go down as Sabbath classics. :hmm:

Also, tomorrows Show in Los Angeles is the last and final stop of the North America Tour. I feel very fortunate that I got to snag me a ticket for tomorrows show because it is completely sold out(I got some pretty damn good seats in the very front). I'm pretty sure this is one of the only shows of the tour that's actually sold out, not to mention I'm pretty sure that this is the only show that is in an indoor arena(Every other gig has been in out door amphitheaters). :hmm:

Eitherway, tomorrow will be a night to be remembered. Irvine was a GREAT show but I'm really looking forward to seeing Iommi and Co. at tomorrows LA date. :rocker:

ravenheart
09-03-2013, 08:40 AM
"13" is really growing on me. I'll admit that the first few rounds I did enjoy the album but nothing too special. Now I must admit that I fucking love this album to death. I have been playing this record every single day, non stop for the past 2-3 months. I usually spin the entire disc before work, during my break, after work, and maybe one more session before I hit to sleep. This album is definitely no "Vol 4." or "Sabotage" but goddamn this album is still a stone cold classic. "End of the Beginning", "God is Dead", "Age of Reason", "Live Forever", "Zietgeist", and "Damaged Soul" will all go down as Sabbath classics. :hmm:

Yeah, this. I had a solid 3-4 weeks of listening to it every day on the journey to/from work.

Sepultura69
09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Also, tomorrows Show in Los Angeles is the last and final stop of the North America Tour. I feel very fortunate that I got to snag me a ticket for tomorrows show because it is completely sold out(I got some pretty damn good seats in the very front). I'm pretty sure this is one of the only shows of the tour that's actually sold out, not to mention I'm pretty sure that this is the only show that is in an indoor arena(Every other gig has been in out door amphitheaters). :hmm:

Eitherway, tomorrow will be a night to be remembered. Irvine was a GREAT show but I'm really looking forward to seeing Iommi and Co. at tomorrows LA date. :rocker:

I hate myself so much right now. Jesus fucking christ. I'm gonna go cry now :( :( :(

IrritatedTrout
09-04-2013, 12:10 PM
What's up?

sfhui
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM
I hate myself so much right now. Jesus fucking christ. I'm gonna go cry now :( :( :(

Dude! You remembered the wrong date?

Sanitarium78
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Dude! You remembered the wrong date?

Holy shit, that has to suck if that's what happened.

Sepultura69
09-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Holy shit, that has to suck if that's what happened.

Tonight was suppose to be a night to be remembered. Turns out that night was last night.

Metal Setlist Joke of the year: Sepultura69. :(

I'll eventually get over it. This is where the "healing process" begins. :( :(

:( :( :(

sfhui
09-05-2013, 01:20 AM
Tonight was suppose to be a night to be remembered. Turns out that night was last night.

Metal Setlist Joke of the year: Sepultura69. :(

I'll eventually get over it. This is where the "healing process" begins. :( :(

:( :( :(

I'm sorry man, good thing is u went to the Irvine show, so u didn't miss seeing them on this tour

ravenheart
09-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Damn... ALWAYS look at the ticket to make sure!

Sanitarium78
09-05-2013, 08:12 AM
I'm sorry man, good thing is u went to the Irvine show, so u didn't miss seeing them on this tour

Yep, at least he got to see them already. The day tickets went on sale for the closest show to me, I was working. When I got home later that day and tried to get tickets for my brother and I there were only single seats left. I underestimated the drawing power Sabbath had and I missed out on seeing them on what may very well be their last full North American tour.

Still, I can't imagine what it must feel like to miss a show because you got the date wrong. That's never happened to me before.

adamclark52
09-05-2013, 11:17 AM
That sucks so much. I've had tickets to shows and been unable to go for various reasons and that stings bad enough. But to flat out get the wrong date...damn. That is too bad man. And looking at your signature at least you have some really wicked shows coming up. I mean dude, you're going to Carcass!

marker
09-05-2013, 01:14 PM
So I just wanted to talk about how great the L.A. show was. Sep knows I am not trying to rub it in or anything, already talked to him. I would post a review but too busy or lazy as usual. Got there a good hour or so before AWK even came on. They allow tailgaiting at the L.A. Sports Arena so wanted to get there early and get prepared. Many others blasting Sabbath in the parking lot and getting ready. Total ghetto area so not the place to show up late and be looking for a parking spot. Skipped the stupid DJ set as planned. Got in probably 15 minutes before Sabbath. I was very impressed to say the least. I know Ozzy caught alot of shit on this tour, but at my show he was really good. I know it's hard to believe but he did a great job. His voice was buried a little bit in the mix for the first couple songs but they fixed it as it went on. I was lucky to catch him on a really good night. He didn't fuck up at all. As expected, Tony, Geez, and Tommy were tight and sounded great. I knew they wouldn't go out with a below average performance. I didn't like Clufetos at first, but damn he was great. So what if he looks like a moron doing it. They didn't skip any songs by the way. I was so impressed I wish I could see the same show again. I have no complaints about anything Sabbath related, even the light show and stage setup looked sick. The venue is an old dump with no working air conditioner. With all the heat and humidity lately, holy shit was it fucked up in there! The crowd was responsive and great. Even got out of the parking lot really quick.

Christen
11-11-2013, 03:52 PM
They posted a flyer for a Canadian tour on Facebook today. No dates yet, just confirmation this is happening.

Spiner202
11-11-2013, 04:26 PM
They posted a flyer for a Canadian tour on Facebook today. No dates yet, just confirmation this is happening.

Awesome! I had to miss the earlier Toronto date, so I really want to see this.

Christen
11-11-2013, 04:30 PM
Awesome! I had to miss the earlier Toronto date, so I really want to see this.

Same here. I would have gone to Vancouver on the last tour but already had another trip planned at that time so this is just great.

Northern_Shaman
11-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Same here. I would have gone to Vancouver on the last tour but already had another trip planned at that time so this is just great.

For sure. I hope that they come back here - I can't see why they wouldn't. Part of me is hoping that they'll bring it to a slightly smaller venue which would be fantastic, but it seems somewhat unlikely.

AnthG
11-11-2013, 04:48 PM
I highly doubt they'll be playing any cities they already hit last summer, even on a Canadian tour. Probably be the surrounding cities like Hamilton and Ottawa. Maybe even London.

Spiner202
11-11-2013, 06:14 PM
I highly doubt they'll be playing any cities they already hit last summer, even on a Canadian tour. Probably be the surrounding cities like Hamilton and Ottawa. Maybe even London.

I think they'd have no problem selling well in Toronto. I get it for other artists, but this is Sabbath; they can do pretty much whatever they want.

PVH5150
11-11-2013, 06:23 PM
The only Canadian dates they've played so far are Toronto & Vancouver.

Since they're announcing it as a Canadian tour, it wouldn't surprise me if they played those two again, along with all the other major markets

East to West, my guesses.

Halifax
Quebec City
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
London or Hamilton
Winnipeg
Regina
Saskatoon
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

Christen
11-11-2013, 07:35 PM
The only Canadian dates they've played so far are Toronto & Vancouver.

Since they're announcing it as a Canadian tour, it wouldn't surprise me if they played those two again, along with all the other major markets

East to West, my guesses.

Halifax
Quebec City
Montreal
Ottawa
Toronto
London or Hamilton
Winnipeg
Regina
Saskatoon
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

That sounds pretty reasonable. If they only play one city in SK I sure hope it's Saskatoon.

AnthG
11-12-2013, 05:12 AM
I think they'd have no problem selling well in Toronto. I get it for other artists, but this is Sabbath; they can do pretty much whatever they want.

I actually don't know about that. Last summer's show was well attended but I don't think it was sold out or anything. They also drew a lot on the "reunion with a new album" concept, and the 2nd time around would just be like "Eh, we've seen this before." And we've seen with the biggest bands even that playing an area too much can hurt the next time they come around, especially with tickets to a Sabbath show being as pricey as they are. Even Metallica didn't play the same cities on both legs of their World Magnetic Tour back in 09 and they're far bigger than Sabbath.

hellawaits77ny
11-12-2013, 05:14 AM
Nice! These guys are on my bucket list, hopefully the Montreal show is on a good day.

ravenheart
11-12-2013, 05:56 AM
Nice! These guys are on my bucket list, hopefully the Montreal show is on a good day.

Well that's easy. The good day is the day Sabbath are playing ;)

Sanitarium78
11-12-2013, 06:26 AM
I actually don't know about that. Last summer's show was well attended but I don't think it was sold out or anything

The show in Toronto did sell out. In fact, the day tickets went on sale there were only single seats available by that afternoon. I know because I tried to get tickets for my brother and I but couldn't. It sold out not too long after that. I'm not sure if they would be able to sell out the Air Canada Center so soon after their last show but I think they can still fill the place up pretty good if they played it again. Still, it's rare today for an arena band to play the same venue within a year, so I don't see that happening.

Spiner202
11-12-2013, 07:23 AM
I actually don't know about that. Last summer's show was well attended but I don't think it was sold out or anything. They also drew a lot on the "reunion with a new album" concept, and the 2nd time around would just be like "Eh, we've seen this before." And we've seen with the biggest bands even that playing an area too much can hurt the next time they come around, especially with tickets to a Sabbath show being as pricey as they are. Even Metallica didn't play the same cities on both legs of their World Magnetic Tour back in 09 and they're far bigger than Sabbath.

For Sabbath (or at least for Tony, Ozzy, and Geezer (not sure about Sharon)), it can't be about the money anymore. Does it matter if they don't sell it out again as long as there is decent turnout? I really hope they don't skip Toronto, because I probably wouldn't travel for this.

hellawaits77ny
11-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Well that's easy. The good day is the day Sabbath are playing ;)

Tru dat :cool:. I just prefer shows to be on weekends. Easier on the schedule.

adamclark52
11-12-2013, 10:41 AM
If the show in Toronto is on a weekend I'll go regardless of venue or price.

Steev
11-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Soundgarden is opening a string of dates in Germany

PVH5150
11-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Germany gets Soundgarden.
South America gets Megadeth.
We get Andrew WK operating a turntable.

Thanks Obama.

ravenheart
11-13-2013, 04:54 PM

They're opening three odd dates amongst a European tour. Treat them as one-offs.

sfhui
11-14-2013, 11:09 AM
BLACK SABBATH’s 2014 North American tour dates are as follows:

DATE CITY VENUE
Mon 3/31 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center
Thu 4/3 Halifax, NS Metro Centre
Sat 4/5 Quebec City, QC Colisee Pepsi
Mon 4/7 Montreal, QC Bell Centre
Wed 4/9 London, ON Budweiser Gardens
Fri 4/11 Hamilton, ON Copps Coliseum
Sun 4/13 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre
Wed 4/16 Winnipeg, MB MTS Centre
Fri 4/18 Saskatoon, SK Credit Union Centre
Sun 4/20 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Tue 4/22 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
Sat 4/26 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

mankvill
11-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Sun 4/20 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome

People will be getting a contact high within a 500 mile radius when they play Sweet Leaf

VoidFlame
11-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Mon 4/7 Montreal, QC Bell Centre

:rocker:

Spiner202
11-14-2013, 12:20 PM
Really disappointing that there is no Toronto. If it were another band, I would expect them to announce Toronto on the Saturday since it is between Hamilton and Ottawa, but I know Sabbath needs days off.

Christen
11-14-2013, 01:33 PM
April 18th for me! Any word on who's opening?

AnthG
11-14-2013, 02:19 PM
Really disappointing that there is no Toronto. If it were another band, I would expect them to announce Toronto on the Saturday since it is between Hamilton and Ottawa, but I know Sabbath needs days off.

That and

Plus i'm sure them not playing Toronto on this tour is allowing them to play in the surrounding cities. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a condition made by the venues/promoter in order to book them.

And why does that arena in Ottawa need to keep changing its name?

IrritatedTrout
11-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I'd like to go if there was something closer. Also, about Toronto, isn't Hamilton less than an hour away anyways?

mr. roti
11-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Yeah they are just a bunch of whiny little bitches... they already had Black Sabbath this summer in their city! And fuck yeah for montreal! I'm just curious about the tickets price.

Bengals279
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Still no kc.......

PVH5150
11-14-2013, 02:38 PM
I may just have to take a couple vacation days and head down to Brooklyn.

Christen
11-14-2013, 02:48 PM
Yeah they are just a bunch of whiny little bitches... they already had Black Sabbath this summer in their city! And fuck yeah for montreal! I'm just curious about the tickets price.

According to TicketMaster the price range is 39.25 - 145.75.

AnthG
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
I'd like to go if there was something closer. Also, about Toronto, isn't Hamilton less than an hour away anyways?

1h-1h:20ish. Depending on traffic.

W0unds
11-14-2013, 02:52 PM

Hamilton is a 45-60 minute drive from Toronto so it is more than doable.

I will likely try and go to the Hamilton show since its on a Friday night.

adamclark52
11-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Hamilton is a 45-60 minute drive from Toronto so it is more than doable.

I will likely try and go to the Hamilton show since its on a Friday night.

I'm with you. I can probably get my wife to go to Niagara/Buffalo for the weekend. Or I'll just go by myself. I said I'd go if it was a Friday so I'll go. I just hope there's a decent opener.

ravenheart
11-15-2013, 02:21 AM
:lol: @ Brooklyn and Los Angeles being in the "great white North" ;)

adamclark52
11-20-2013, 04:01 PM
Got tickets go the Hamilton show from some presale. Anyone here ever been to Copps Collisium in Hamilton? I'm not even sure if my seat is any good. Floor, Section 3, Row 14, seat 32.

Christen
11-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Got my tickets for Saskatoon! Went for the cheap seats but it should still be fine.

Sepultura69
11-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Sat 4/26 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl

Thank you Metal Jesus. :bowdown:

Onioner
11-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Yes. Thank you Iommi.:bowdown:

Ommie
11-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Promise us you won't miss it this time!

Sepultura69
11-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Promise us you won't miss it this time!

Pinky promise. Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a poodle in my eye. :bliss: :bliss:

sfhui
11-21-2013, 11:27 AM

why price for this one is ridiculously high:confused:

PowerMaiden
11-21-2013, 12:08 PM
saw them with Bill in 1999, I said then that it would probably be my last time and seeing the price of these tickets here (151$) now, it was

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

ravenheart
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
151$

Holyshitwhat? :eek:

Although, I'm half expecting similar when the Monty Python reunion goes on sale on Monday.

IrritatedTrout
11-21-2013, 02:31 PM
I paid USD 150 in August. Good seats for the LA show are $250.:eek:

sfhui
11-21-2013, 04:15 PM
I paid USD 150 in August. Good seats for the LA show are $250.:eek:

That's what i'm saying, even the second level price after fees is $194. wtf

Sepultura69
11-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Christ all mighty those Hollywood bowl ticket prices are fucking ridiculous. Oh well, I'm still gonna go. :eyes::eyes:

TonyD
11-21-2013, 09:07 PM
1) It's an expensive venue in the first place
2) It's the only show for thousands of miles
3) Every time they come around now, it gets closer to "the last time"

Maideneer
11-21-2013, 09:22 PM
I've only seen Heaven and Hell a few times, and Ozzy solo a bunch of times. I think I'm content with that. Is that nutso thinking?

TonyD
11-22-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes, go see Black Sabbath live in any capacity you can. In all seriousness I don't think you can truly appreciate the music until you've heard it live, even if you're getting ripped off by not hearing the original drummer.

ravenheart
11-22-2013, 04:19 AM
And I thought my £65 tickets for the two shows I'm seeing next month were a bit high...

I also don't feel ripped off that Bill's not there. I don't even care.

adamclark52
11-22-2013, 11:07 AM
I spent $145~ for floors, row 14. But I think any row above that was $250~ (and included a bunch of merch), and there was a $1000~ package that got you in the first three rows (plus merch and a meet-and-greet).

I don't think what I paid was really unreasonable.

elturtleboy
11-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Cheapest ticket is $60. If I had a job last time I.would've condiderd buying pit tickets. But fuck $250. Oh well Im ok with seeing Sabbath this year already. Ill pass. :(

ravenheart
11-22-2013, 01:09 PM
I spent $145~ for floors, row 14. But I think any row above that was $250~ (and included a bunch of merch), and there was a $1000~ package that got you in the first three rows (plus merch and a meet-and-greet).

I don't think what I paid was really unreasonable.

This is the problem I had with the London date. The best seats were completely unobtainable because they were reserved for all the gay-ass VIP package bullshit they want to do to scam everyone out of more money.

Oddly, I didn't have that problem in Manchester, and bought the ticket for that one much, much later, so maybe the VIPs weren't selling up there.

adamclark52
11-28-2013, 01:05 AM
I just checked out the guy who's opening the show in Hamilton (and probably quite a few other shows) called Reignwolf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekq4ZMgMa1Q). I don't really care for his style of music and I know a lot of the other fans won't either. But I can see him getting absolutely shat on each and every night. A lot of people are just going to see the whole "one-man band" thing and not even give him a chance. I really feel bad for the guy, and the tour isn't for four more months.

I didn't even notice it was one guy until a few minutes in, I just figured they weren't showing the drummer.

adamclark52
11-28-2013, 01:11 AM
I just checked out the guy who's opening the show in Hamilton (and probably quite a few other shows) called Reignwolf (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekq4ZMgMa1Q). I don't really care for his style of music and I know a lot of the other fans won't either. But I can see him getting absolutely shat on each and every night. A lot of people are just going to see the whole "one-man band" thing and not even give him a chance. I really feel bad for the guy, and the tour isn't for four more months.

I didn't even notice it was one guy until a few minutes in, I just figured they weren't showing the drummer.

I did find some other footage of him with a bassist and drummer so I don't know what's going on. Maybe someone else can fill me in more on the guy. I'd prefer him bring the band since he won't get laughed at as much (because he will get laughed at). Either way I don't care for that style of music so I doubt I'll be showing up early. Still better than Andrew WK and a CD changer.

ravenheart
11-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Is he only opening Hamilton, or the whole tour? Obviously they don't think they need proper support bands to sell tickets in Canada.

adamclark52
11-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Is he only opening Hamilton, or the whole tour? Obviously they don't think they need proper support bands to sell tickets in Canada.

I saw London (the night before), Hamilton and wherever they're playing the night after. But the ad may have just been for the Ontario shows. He's from Vancouver so all of Canada isn't out of the question.

And yeah, i just bought the tickets based off the Black Sabbath name. But I was hoping for a bit better opener. I was spoiled when I saw them in 1999 and Pantera and the Deftones opened. Mind you, Deftones got a terrible reaction from the crowd (albeit not as bad as a guy with a guitar and a bass drum will).

adamclark52
11-28-2013, 08:28 AM
One of the first things that popped into my head when I saw his videos was "wow, Meg White really was useless in the White Stripes".

Christen
11-29-2013, 11:39 PM
I saw London (the night before), Hamilton and wherever they're playing the night after. But the ad may have just been for the Ontario shows. He's from Vancouver so all of Canada isn't out of the question.

And yeah, i just bought the tickets based off the Black Sabbath name. But I was hoping for a bit better opener. I was spoiled when I saw them in 1999 and Pantera and the Deftones opened. Mind you, Deftones got a terrible reaction from the crowd (albeit not as bad as a guy with a guitar and a bass drum will).

Given that the show starts at 8 PM I wasn't expecting much of an opener.

ravenheart
11-30-2013, 08:45 AM

I strongly suspect they book good support in places where they know they're going to need to make people want to travel. So South America, USA etc. In the UK everything's close, so they don't need to. And in most of Canada, so few tours come through that again they don't need to.

It's cynical on their part.

marker
11-30-2013, 12:01 PM
They obviously don't need proper support bands to sell tickets in North America.

Fixed.

ravenheart
11-30-2013, 03:57 PM
Fixed.

Yeah, I don't consider Andrew WK a proper opener either.

Maideneer
03-31-2014, 01:21 PM
Do I go to Sabbath tonight? Wondering if I have the $, hmm, maybe I should.

TonyD
03-31-2014, 01:57 PM
If you didn't see the last run, definitely. If you did, probably :lol:
I hate to be the "this might be the last time" guy, but this might be the last time.

Maideneer
03-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Well not only did I go, I grabbed a floor seat day of :lol:. Reignwolf sucks so I'm drinking instead. Hail Sabbath!