PDA

View Full Version : BLACK SABBATH 2013-- New Album / World Tour

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ravenheart
02-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Hopefully not.

Because you're not interested, or because you are and don't want to be tempted? One of those is valid, the other isn't.

dcmetal108
02-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Because you're not interested, or because you are and don't want to be tempted? One of those is valid, the other isn't.

It's both. If I want to see Ozzy I want to see him alone with a single band playing his solo stuff and some BS covers. Not Ozzy & Friends traveling show of various people. Plus I don't like Zakk.

IrritatedTrout
02-18-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd like to see Ozzy and Friends. I'd rather see Black Sabbath but I want Tony to rest up as much as he needs to get better.

ravenheart
02-18-2012, 08:59 AM
It's both. If I want to see Ozzy I want to see him alone with a single band playing his solo stuff and some BS covers. Not Ozzy & Friends traveling show of various people. Plus I don't like Zakk.

So like I said, one was valid one wasn't. You don't want to see the show, so you just don't go. Hoping he doesn't play shows for other people to go to is silly.

TiradesOfTruth
02-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I really hope all this shit gets resolved before they make a u.s. run.

ravenheart
02-18-2012, 10:33 AM
So long as the album gets done, I don't really care about the tour.

TonyD
02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
So you're cool with an "original Black Sabbath album" without Bill?

MetalIsArt
02-18-2012, 11:26 AM

Bill will be back.

Weren't there "troubles" about money with him in the past (2004 or so)?

Nater
02-18-2012, 01:31 PM
I say screw Ozzy lets get Tony Martin back in this!

TonyD
02-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Not having this argument again...

ravenheart
02-19-2012, 06:12 AM

If you want to put it that way, then yes. Because I don't care about the "original" part.

ravenheart
02-19-2012, 06:15 AM

He's got a new band called 'Headless Cross', with Geoff Nicholls, Dante from Venom, Magnus Rosen and Dario Mollo. Go see that.

Nater
02-19-2012, 07:06 AM
He's got a new band called 'Headless Cross', with Geoff Nicholls, Dante from Venom, Magnus Rosen and Dario Mollo. Go see that.

I WILL and I will have a good time too!

MetalIsArt
02-19-2012, 07:46 AM

Most.underrated.singer.ever.

TheDeadPanda
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170224

xa123
02-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Heavy MTL is in august! ;)

stylesclash516
02-24-2012, 10:51 AM
California or New York is probably where it's going to be.

Spiner202
02-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Heavy MTL is in august! ;)

I think Heavy TO is the better choice :D

stylesclash516
02-24-2012, 10:55 AM
So you guys think the only only US show is going to be in Canada? :tongue:

xa123
02-24-2012, 11:06 AM
I thought I read North America :tongue: Oh well

IrritatedTrout
02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I hope it's on the East Coast.

christopher
02-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm sure it will be in LA :D

elturtleboy
02-24-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm sure it will be in LA :D

I'm thinking Indio again

christopher
02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm thinking Indio again

Oh yeah, you're probably right. I was honestly thinking Devore haha

Sepultura69
02-24-2012, 02:35 PM
http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=170224

OMG OMG OH MY GOD OH MY GOD, HYPERVENTILATING, OH MY GAWD!!!!!

Fuck yes, and this will obviously take place in california. I was also thinking Devore, more importantly....Ozzfest 2012? Did they even say if there is going to be one this year? I remember 2008 was a one off date in texas with Ozzy and Metallica as the headliners. Maybe this is going to be a one off OZZFEST date? Who knows, but holy shit it has always been my dream to see the legendary Sabbath in person, my god i hope they announce the date/area/location SOONER THAN LATER, Bitches!!! :rocker:

But i got money saying its a one off Ozzfest date. OZZFEST 2012? :rocker:

Steev
02-24-2012, 02:56 PM
I think it should be Philly to comemorate when Sabbath reunited for Live Aid in 85

elturtleboy
02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'd rather it be in San Bernadino area. Indio wasn't my type of show. And hopefully it is Ozzfest.

Sepultura69
02-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Yeah I'd rather it be in San Bernadino area. Indio wasn't my type of show. And hopefully it is Ozzfest.

I don't see why It wouldn't be. Ozzfest originally started off as a one off date in Devore California back in the mid 90's and then it exploded into a summer tour for years to come. I don't think this will be in Indio. For one Band? I'm pretty certain this "one date" california show is going to be Ozzfest and i'm 100% certain that it will be in Devore. The only other place i see this "one date" show taking place would be at the Memorial Colosseum which i hope to god it won't be :snivel:

TonyD
02-24-2012, 11:25 PM
If they get Bill I'll make the trip anywhere in CA. If they don't and it's Ozzfest with a good lineup, maybe. If neither, definitely not.

SomewhereInTime72
02-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Madison Square Garden pleeeeeeease.

dcmetal108
02-25-2012, 10:57 AM
They should make the show in IL just to piss you all off.

brutal_descent
02-25-2012, 10:58 AM
They should make the show in IL just to piss you all off.

You probably wouldn't go, because you'd find out Emmure were playing the same day ;)

Sepultura69
03-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Just a wild Guess..

But I'm pretty certain that Black Sabbath will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival which will take place on August 16th-18th of this year in West Hollywood. Mark my words.

Sharon said that this one Date would take place in August. Makes total sense to me. And more importantly, I can't see BLACK SABBATH playing There one and only show without a shit load of bands opening up for them, I REALLY REALLY can't see them playing this ONE date without having a fuck tun of bands opening for them . Infact, having a fuckton of bands and being an all day out door music fest makes total sense to me. Yeah, i thought it was ozz fest at first but when I look back..

They still haven't announced the line up for the Sunset Strip Music Fest yet. And the fact that it takes place in late august, and sharon said that black sabbath would be playing a show in august. And the fact that this will be an all day out door-in the open-festival in the blazing heat makes total sense to me for them to choose this for their reunion. Oh and don't get me started with the 20+ bands playing before them as well. And if they do get sabbath they will probably headline the last day of the show. The 18th of August.

Anyways that's my 2 cent. who knows, lets see as the coming days unravel. :blaze:

dcmetal108
03-04-2012, 11:02 AM
You probably wouldn't go, because you'd find out Emmure were playing the same day ;)

True. Or if Sabbath somehow got Emmure to open. That would be :rocker::rocker::rocker:

christopher
03-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Just a wild Guess..

But I'm pretty certain that Black Sabbath will be headlining the Sunset Strip Music Festival which will take place on August 16th-18th of this year in West Hollywood. Mark my words.

Sharon said that this one Date would take place in August. Makes total sense to me. And more importantly, I can't see BLACK SABBATH playing There one and only show without a shit load of bands opening up for them, I REALLY REALLY can't see them playing this ONE date without having a fuck tun of bands opening for them . Infact, having a fuckton of bands and being an all day out door music fest makes total sense to me. Yeah, i thought it was ozz fest at first but when I look back..

They still haven't announced the line up for the Sunset Strip Music Fest yet. And the fact that it takes place in late august, and sharon said that black sabbath would be playing a show in august. And the fact that this will be an all day out door-in the open-festival in the blazing heat makes total sense to me for them to choose this for their reunion. Oh and don't get me started with the 20+ bands playing before them as well. And if they do get sabbath they will probably headline the last day of the show. The 18th of August.

Anyways that's my 2 cent. who knows, lets see as the coming days unravel. :blaze:

Yeah you're probably right. Ozzy played the first one in 2009. I don't even want to imagine what shitty artist is going to be playing at the same time as Sabbath on the East stage. I remember I was seeing Smashing Pumpkins there and Kid Cudi was playing the same time :hmm:

Sepultura69
03-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah you're probably right. Ozzy played the first one in 2009. I don't even want to imagine what shitty artist is going to be playing at the same time as Sabbath on the East stage. I remember I was seeing Smashing Pumpkins there and Kid Cudi was playing the same time :hmm:

Kid Cudi! Yikes! :hecho:

But yeah man, Black Sabbath will be playing at the SSMF in West Hollywood later this year, I can't see why they wouldn't. I mean i can't think of any where else they would play(other than canada;)). Oh and I'm sure there will be tons of shitty artists/bands that we will have to endure to see the mighty sabbath, no doubt about that. And it doesn't help that it's going to be on the Hot sunny blistering heat in the middle of august. Makes perfect sense for them to choose this fest. As much as i would love to see Black sabbath just play by themselves with like one or two opening acts, they just won't take that route. Sharon said they are going to play one show in August. She said they can't announce it because the Promotors will. SSMF hasn't even announced the line up yet but the festival is set to take place August 16th to the 18th. I'm pretty sure They are going to play one of the dates of that fest, and when they do

I'M GETTING MY TICKETS FASTER THAN FLIES ON SHIT MY NIGGA :rocker:

Plus West Hollywood/sunset is like 45-50 minute for me.....2 hours when stuck in horrific traffic...especially on the 101 :barf:

daimonos
03-12-2012, 02:16 PM
If I have to, I will make a trip to LA to see what's probably my last chance to see Sabbath ever.

ravenheart
06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
New video interview: http://www.nme.com/nme-video/black-sabbath---weve-written-fifteen-new-songs/1665702100001

You can really see what I meant here about Tony. Less hair, definitely thinner, but otherwise looks in quite good shape.

ravenheart
10-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Update from Metal Injection (whichever guy it is there who also DJs on Sirius?)

"My buddy (and fellow SiriusXM Liquid Metal DJ) Jose Mangin went down to the studio to record audio snippets for OZZY OSBOURNE's SiriusXM channel, Ozzy's Boneyard, and was accompanied by RockMyWalls.com photographer, Sonny Guillen. Sonny was nice enough to give us a few tidbits of information about the status of the new album.

The band is currently in the studio recording vocals with Rick Rubin. There are 15 songs that have been written, and according to Geezer Butler, 12 of them will make the record, most likely with the additional three serving as bonus tracks for different special editions.

Apparently, guitarist Tony Iommi completed all 15 guitar tracks during the band's sessions in England earlier this year, and judging by the way most bands record, that would mean drums are done as well. Ozzy and Geezer are working to complete the tracks in five song increments, with the first five being worked on currently.

Ozzy is tracking vocals, with bassist Geezer Butler writing all the lyrics. One song title has been confirmed and it's 'God Is Dead'.

As for guitarist Tony Iommi, Ozzy mentioned that he spoke to Iommi recently and he is in good sprits and recovery is coming along very well from his cancer scare earlier this year."

Interview was apparently conducted with Ozzy and Geezer at the same time, and will begin airing on Ozzy's show on Sirius next week.

JRA
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Ugh, another band ruined by the CD curse of writing more than 8-9 songs for an album.

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2012, 04:12 PM
One song title has been confirmed and it's 'God Is Dead'.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltw666q3zK1r2g7mto1_500.jpg

IrritatedTrout
10-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Glad to hear its coming along well.

John The Drummer
10-17-2012, 05:36 PM
> One song title released
> OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING

No one here, but just presuming a lot of people out there are like that :D

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2012, 06:05 PM
> One song title released
> OMG THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING

No one here, but just presuming a lot of people out there are like that :D

Is anyone actually pumped for this album? I'm hoping it wont suck but i'm not expecting anything great.

daimonos
10-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Is anyone actually pumped for this album? I'm hoping it wont suck but i'm not expecting anything great.

I'm sure it'll be decent. I can't not be excited for it though, I just need to see a release date before I believe it.

Xenocide
10-17-2012, 06:12 PM
I might be pulling at air here but... Ozzfest 2013?

ravenheart
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Is anyone actually pumped for this album?

Yes.

Northern_Shaman
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM

I sure hope not. I have no interest in paying festival prices for a bunch of mediocre artists and a poorly organized Sabbath stage. I just want to see Black Sabbath with maybe 1-2 support bands.

Preferably some underground(ish) bands, instead of popular artists who already tour frequently.

It would be rad as fuck for The Devil's Blood to be on this. I could see it happening, too.

Sanitarium78
10-17-2012, 06:33 PM
The best part about that update is learning that Geezer is writing the lyrics.

PVH5150
10-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Next year.
The epitome of doom on tour.

Black Sabbath with special guests Saint Vitus and Pentagram.

Eh, I can dream.

BRAman22
10-17-2012, 07:07 PM

If they do they better do something completely badass with it, like bringing Priest back to tour the States again as coheadliners.

TonyD
10-17-2012, 07:41 PM
There are 15 songs that have been written, and according to Geezer Butler, 12 of them will make the record, most likely with the additional three serving as bonus tracks for different special editions.

I hate this shit.
And I'm curious to see how Ozzy's vocals turn out, they've been way too over processed for his past couple albums to hide his deteriorating voice but Rick Rubin's track record would suggest he would clean them up.
If they do they better do something completely badass with it, like bringing Priest back to tour the States again as coheadliners.
Why? Priest is done with major tours and it's been done already. Hard to believe that would be 9 years after the first time though.

BRAman22
10-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Why? Priest is done with major tours and it's been done already. Hard to believe that would be 9 years after the first time though.

I thought Priest was just done with major world tours. I just think it'd be awesome to see two of the great original heavy metal bands together one last time before they retire for good.

Steev
10-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Maybe just a handful of shows(Id love to see a bill like the New Years Eve they did in 98)

ravenheart
10-31-2012, 08:02 AM
Sabbath have confirmed the Australian shows for 2013 that Sharon mentioned in a radio interview a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully this is all an indication that Tony's going to be alright.

ravenheart
10-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Rick Rubin's track record would suggest he would clean them up.

Rick Rubin's track record of doing what, precisely? He's just about the most uninvolved producer in the business. He doesn't do anything. Most bands who've worked with him say he's pretty much never even there.

daimonos
10-31-2012, 10:02 AM
Rick Rubin's track record of doing what, precisely? He's just about the most uninvolved producer in the business. He doesn't do anything. Most bands who've worked with him say he's pretty much never even there.

Like a good producer.

ravenheart
10-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Like a good producer.

Depends entirely on the band and the role they want the producer to play. But a guy who's never there and doesn't actually do anything is a waste of time, like Rubin.

TonyD
10-31-2012, 03:08 PM

He has a reputation of throwing reverb and effects out the window and most of what he produces sounds dry and sterile, which works for say, Slayer, but I think it made Metallica sound terrible.

Northern_Shaman
10-31-2012, 05:41 PM
throwing reverb and effects out the window and most of what he produces sounds dry and sterile

This would be un-fucking-forgiveable in regards to a Sabbath record.

ravenheart
10-31-2012, 05:46 PM
He has a reputation of throwing reverb and effects out the window and most of what he produces sounds dry and sterile, which works for say, Slayer, but I think it made Metallica sound terrible.

Didn't work for AC/DC either.

TonyD
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
That record wasn't done terribly, you can't really "strip down" AC/DC.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Rubin's methods made those early Slayer & Danzig records sound great imo. I think Sabbath is a very raw sounding, primative modern technology, no frills band (except for Ozzy's sure to be autotuned, layered vocals). I think Rubin's methods will enhance the riffs and guitar tone of Iommi and allow Geezer's bass lines to be more prevelant than on the Devil You Know (great album but I thought Iommi's tone was too slick & muddied with Geezer's bass at times). The drums will probably suffer some due to lack of reverb. Overall I think he is one of the best choices for a great sounding Black Sabbath album. I don't think he will steer them in the wrong direction. Afterall, this is the same guy who turned the trainwreck known as Metallica back in the right, heavier direction.

Travis The Dragon
01-12-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/black-sabbath-officially-announce-new-album-13/
I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

Northern_Shaman
01-12-2013, 04:15 PM
http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/black-sabbath-officially-announce-new-album-13/
I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS!!!!!!!!

>"...with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk joining original Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler for the recording sessions."

wot

u fukken wot m8

Is this a good thing? I'm not terribly familiar with RATM but from what I've heard, that's a fucking weird choice for Sabbath. Is he one of those drummers who won't fuck it up, though? Inform me, drummerbros.

BloodoftheKings
01-12-2013, 04:17 PM
>13

Enough of this shit, it's been done to death.

Travis The Dragon
01-12-2013, 04:26 PM
I don't care who the drummer is as long as they put out an album that's on par with the first 6.

es156
01-12-2013, 04:32 PM
>"...with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk joining original Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler for the recording sessions."

wot

u fukken wot m8

Is this a good thing? I'm not terribly familiar with RATM but from what I've heard, that's a fucking weird choice for Sabbath. Is he one of those drummers who won't fuck it up, though? Inform me, drummerbros.

Never been a fan. I am very surprised that he is the drummer they picked. They probably could have had about anyone.

MPF
01-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Brad Willk is a good drummer but only showcases it in a couple RATM songs and not at all on Audiosalve where he decided to be Paul Rudd on all three albums.

This is an odd choice for sure, but I am curious to see what happens.

adamclark52
01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
What happened to Mike Bordin?!?!

It's not like he's busy touring the states with Faith No More.

es156
01-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Brad Willk is a good drummer but only showcases it in a couple RATM songs and not at all on Audiosalve where he decided to be Paul Rudd on all three albums.

I didn't know Paul Rudd was a drummer?

;)

MPF
01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
What happened to Mike Bordin?!?!

It's not like he's busy touring the states with Faith No More.

Maybe they are prepping for one....

...In my mind. :eyes:

Steev
01-12-2013, 04:41 PM

The guy from "I Love You Man"?

anomynous
01-12-2013, 04:42 PM
what the fuck

But I ain't even mad

MPF
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Meant to say Phil Rudd, easy mix up to make.

Chris_M_S
01-12-2013, 05:59 PM
HOLY SHIT STOP NAMING ALBUMS '13'

RampinUp46
01-12-2013, 06:04 PM
HOLY SHIT STOP NAMING ALBUMS '13'

How many have there been aside from the Megadeth one? I think there was one other, but I forgot who it was...

detuned
01-12-2013, 06:17 PM
anvil - this is thirteen
blur - 13

many others: http://www.allmusic.com/search/albums/thirteen

PVH5150
01-12-2013, 06:19 PM
How many have there been aside from the Megadeth one? I think there was one other, but I forgot who it was...

Off the top of my head, The Doors, Brian Setzer & Six Feet Under all have albums entitled "13"

RampinUp46
01-12-2013, 06:21 PM
The Doors

There we go. Goddamn, that is pretty annoying...

IrritatedTrout
01-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Crappy title.:hmm:

ravenheart
01-12-2013, 07:58 PM
We already knew the title... Ozzy said it ages ago. How's this a surprise to anyone?

Brad Wilk on drums though :drool:

My choice would have been Ivan de Prume, but still. Pretty sweet.

twocentsup
01-12-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm definitely interested in this. Didn't see the Brad Wilk thing coming at all though.

Sanitarium78
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
We already knew the title... Ozzy said it ages ago. How's this a surprise to anyone?

Probably because they never heard Ozzy mention it would be my guess. I didn't know the name of the album until now either.

Chris_M_S
01-13-2013, 12:18 AM
And we were probably like "Pfft, what a dumb fucking title, they won't end up using that shit."

Steev
01-13-2013, 08:04 AM
Keep in mind the last Ozzy album had a name change after people on the internet bitched

DethMaiden
01-13-2013, 08:45 AM
They got really into "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" and calling the album '13' is in tribute. Duh.

ravenheart
01-14-2013, 02:29 AM
They got really into "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" and calling the album '13' is in tribute. Duh.

If I were in the most important metal band of all time, I'd definitely do that.

MetalIsArt
01-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Keep in mind the last Ozzy album had a name change after people on the internet bitched

Luckily, Black Sabbath is more than Ozzy.

brutal_descent
01-19-2013, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEdM166GQ5U#!

slapguitarer
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Solid stuff

Onioner
01-19-2013, 01:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wEdM166GQ5U#!

Sorry dude, I'm calling total bullshit on this one. The riffing is nothing like the way Iommi played on The Devil You Know, the singer sounds nothing like Ozzy does nowadays, and a band as professional and rich as Sabbath sure as hell wouldn't record a demo that sounded that crappy. And if that is actually real and that is the best that the unholy lord of of the riff can come up with, then we're all fucked.

TonyD
01-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Yeah that had me for a second but you can't actually believe that's a Tony Iommi guitar solo. And if that's what the drummer sounds like on the final recording I'm gonna throw a fucking fit :lol:

Sanitarium78
01-19-2013, 05:15 AM
I feel bad for anybody who actually feel for this.

ravenheart
01-19-2013, 06:32 AM
Probably a Count Raven demo or something.

slapguitarer
01-19-2013, 09:43 AM

I was dead tired when Lincoln sent this to me.

/excuse

Indestructible
01-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Who is this really? I like the song.

ravenheart
01-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Who is this really? I like the song.

It'll be Count Raven or sHeavy or someone like that.

street_burial
01-19-2013, 01:43 PM
annotation at 6:00....

larvtard
01-19-2013, 02:03 PM

http://bwaff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

TonyD
01-19-2013, 03:05 PM
http://bwaff.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8m79v6rsk1qzbqw1o1_500.png

MetalIsArt
01-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Lol...

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2013, 08:41 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185335

US tour in July/August. Not part of an Ozzfest. 13 may not be the final title.

snowdog2112
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Looks like it might be a shed tour for the Summer

christopher
01-25-2013, 12:49 PM
That's pretty cool they wrote 16 songs for the new album. Hopefully they don't cut too many.

Onioner
01-25-2013, 02:06 PM
Looks like it might be a shed tour for the Summer

I dunno if BS could do amphitheaters by themselves- maybe large theaters or small arenas, but they would definitely need OzzFest to do sheds. Near the end of their run Heaven and Hell were forced to do small theaters and clubs when they started with small arenas.

I really hope this doesn't come to San Bernardino over the summer. I really don't want to drive 2 hours there and back just for a shitty lawn seat.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
I dunno if BS could do amphitheaters by themselves- maybe large theaters or small arenas, but they would definitely need OzzFest to do sheds. Near the end of their run Heaven and Hell were forced to do small theaters and clubs when they started with small arenas.

That's because Heaven & Hell hardly had the name recognition Black Sabbath and Ozzy do. As great as Dio was, he never came close to the level of popularity Ozzy has. Before H&H, Dio was playing venues that fit maybe 1,000 at the most, while Ozzy has always filled arenas/amphitheaters very well by himself thoughout his career. Sabbath without Ozzy also would play much smaller venues.

The fact that they haven't toured as Black Sabbath for a number of years now and Ozzy's infinite popularity should be enough for them to fill up amphitheaters in a respectable way this summer.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
That's because Heaven & Hell hardly had the name recognition Black Sabbath and Ozzy do. As great as Dio was, he never came close to the level of popularity Ozzy has. Before H&H, Dio was playing venues that fit maybe 1,000 at the most, while Ozzy has always filled arenas/amphitheaters very well by himself thoughout his career. Sabbath without Ozzy also would play much smaller venues.

The fact that they haven't toured as Black Sabbath for a number of years now and Ozzy's infinite popularity should be enough for them to fill up amphitheaters in a respectable way this summer.

Don't be surprised if this is an arena tour. Ozzy has bad allergies and severe sinus problems when playing amphitheaters. That was one reason had problems playing all of the Ozzfest dates in the past. It effected his voice from what I recall reading. I also do not think Sabbath needs Ozzfest to tour and fill up wherever they play. They would have a hard time competing against Warped, Mayhem Fest and Uproar.

I think a few solid opening acts would be better than the typical festival tour at this point. I would love to see Down, Mastodon, Gojira, Ghost, Anthrax or Machine Head be among the opening bands for this tour.

Jochen
01-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Don't be surprised if this is an arena tour. Ozzy has bad allergies and severe sinus problems when playing amphitheaters. That was one reason had problems playing all of the Ozzfest dates in the past. It effected his voice from what I recall reading. I also do not think Sabbath needs Ozzfest to tour and fill up wherever they play. They would have a hard time competing against Warped, Mayhem Fest and Uproar.

I think a few solid opening acts would be better than the typical festival tour at this point. I would love to see Down, Mastodon, Gojira, Ghost, Anthrax or Machine Head be among the opening bands for this tour.

I too think this will be an arena tour, because of Ozzy's allergies/vocals/etc. But even when he did the arena tour for Black Rain back in '07, the setlists still got shorter as the tour went on, which is what I'm worried about if they do an extensive tour.

Sanitarium78
01-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I too think this will be an arena tour, because of Ozzy's allergies/vocals/etc. But even when he did the arena tour for Black Rain back in '07, the setlists still got shorter as the tour went on, which is what I'm worried about if they do an extensive tour.

Iommi's recent health issues are also a concern if they have a long tour as well. I haven't read much about his cancer treatment but i'm guessing everything is going well since they're planning a tour. Still, you never know what can happen and how traveling will affect him after going through all that.

Jochen
01-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Iommi's recent health issues are also a concern if they have a long tour as well. I haven't read much about his cancer treatment but i'm guessing everything is going well since they're planning a tour. Still, you never know what can happen and how traveling will affect him after going through all that.

True, I never even thought about that. I keep forgetting he has cancer.

Bengals279
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
This will probably be an amphitheater tour. And I still really wish it would be Ozzfest!!!

IrritatedTrout
02-01-2013, 06:01 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=185651

We've heard most of this before but another confirmation of a June release date and some hope of a change in the title. :lol: Geezer wrote lyrics to almost all of the songs so that's good.

IrritatedTrout
03-14-2013, 06:18 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187476

Band will tour the US from late July through to September, only one Canadian date apparently. Toronto goes on sale next month. Good news for us Americans as it looks like this should hit a lot of markets.

anomynous
03-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Preordered the album and ready to buy a ticket.

IrritatedTrout
03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Announcement is still a few weeks away I'd imagine but this may be the only other band besides Maiden that I will travel to multiple shows for as long as the dates are workable.

Bengals279
03-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Preordered the album and ready to buy a ticket.
Hopefully there is a MO/KS date. God i couldnt miss Black Sabbath

adamclark52
03-14-2013, 06:46 PM
The five seconds of new music that was posted on MetalSucks.com the other day was actually pretty good.

IrritatedTrout
03-14-2013, 06:57 PM
I thought so too.

Christen
03-14-2013, 10:01 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187476

Band will tour the US from late July through to September, only one Canadian date apparently. Toronto goes on sale next month. Good news for us Americans as it looks like this should hit a lot of markets.

I really hope for more Canadian dates in the future. Would love to see Ozzy Sabbath at least once.

ravenheart
03-15-2013, 02:27 AM
Will be pre-ordering the album for the first time in five years... when it actually becomes available to pre-order in this country.

Just wonder what's going to be on the second disc... got a feeling it's going to be re-recordings of old songs.

I'm actually very tempted to go for the big box set.

ravenheart
03-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Rumours of South American dates in October.

hot_turkey_ed
03-15-2013, 06:51 AM
Updated thread title to 2013.. better late than never.

:allan:

TonyD
03-16-2013, 01:12 AM
Updated thread title to 2013.. better late than never.

:allan:

I don't know, I always thought the "keeping the legacy intact" thing was bullshit but the Bill Ward drama and the current state of Ozzy's skills has me thinking that never might be better.
Oh, and no fucking way I'm pre-ordering, let alone paying for this album.

christopher
03-16-2013, 01:31 AM

THIS

ravenheart
03-16-2013, 04:22 PM

:tp:

girnny777
03-16-2013, 05:32 PM
I never pre-order albums. But if this turns out to be good I'll buy a copy.

ravenheart
03-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I never pre-order albums. But if this turns out to be good I'll buy a copy.

Me either normally. In fact, I basically never buy albums at full price, pre or post release. There have been maybe 5 exceptions over the years. This is likely to be the next one.

anomynous
03-16-2013, 07:35 PM
After the Devil You Know, I trust Tony and Geezer with their music.

Sanitarium78
03-17-2013, 04:32 AM
After the Devil You Know, I trust Tony and Geezer with their music.

After 40 plus years of very little suckage, I trust Tony and Geezer with their music;)

ravenheart
03-17-2013, 05:42 AM
After 40 plus years of very little suckage, I trust Tony and Geezer with their music;)

Precisely.

EvilCheeseWedge
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
I shall honor the Sabbath and keep it holy... Pre-ordered "super deluxe" box set. :ecw:

IrritatedTrout
03-19-2013, 11:58 AM
I may buy the box but I want to see some pictures of it first. If not, then I'll be picking this up at the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Elysee.:cool:

daimonos
03-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Thinkin' bout that box.

ravenheart
03-19-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm thinking about the box too. I just want to know what's on the second disc of the deluxe CD first. If it's shit, I may just regular album.

Also, a clamshell box? Those are always shit. Never seen an exception.

TonyD
04-04-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/sabbath13covernew.jpg
Meh. But I just got the idea that the title might have something to do with "one" being separate from "three".

anomynous
04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Song clip (http://youtu.be/d4p86ALnIzo)

Me gusta.

300%_Density
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Eh I'm pretty ok with that

elturtleboy
04-04-2013, 02:13 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/sabbath13covernew.jpg
Meh. But I just got the idea that the title might have something to do with "one" being separate from "three".

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7MAYqZkoOcg/UBz3UVIdaaI/AAAAAAAAAOM/wQXcZjwUL6Q/s1600/logo-wm13.jpg

300%_Density
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-7MAYqZkoOcg/UBz3UVIdaaI/AAAAAAAAAOM/wQXcZjwUL6Q/s1600/logo-wm13.jpg

Love it

:bowdown:

ravenheart
04-04-2013, 02:59 PM
That's a pretty un-Sabbath riff right there. Like it though.

Still not pre-ordering until I know what's going to be on the second disc of the deluxe CD.

mankvill
04-04-2013, 04:43 PM
It's barely anything, but I like it. Not blown away, unsurprisingly.

PVH5150
04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Un-Sabbath riff?

The first part of that is very close to sounding like Hole In The Sky.

mankvill
04-04-2013, 05:30 PM
You guys DO know that Black Sabbath got back together, recorded an album under a different name and already released it (http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Magic_Circle/Magic_Circle/366086), right?

twocentsup
04-04-2013, 06:07 PM
^ this comment wins life

IrritatedTrout
04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
Sample sounds good for what it is. I like the idea for the cover but the legs holding the number statue look really weird, like it should tip over. Don't like the logo though.

SomewhereInTime72
04-04-2013, 09:36 PM
For 25 seconds of music that was pretty good.

elturtleboy
04-05-2013, 12:36 AM
You guys DO know that Black Sabbath got back together, recorded an album under a different name and already released it (http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Magic_Circle/Magic_Circle/366086), right?

Nah, thats just the bald guy from xFilesx and Mind Eraser.

mankvill
04-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Nah, thats just the bald guy from xFilesx and Mind Eraser.

Magic Circle > Mind Eraser and The Rival Mob

elturtleboy
04-05-2013, 01:01 AM
Magic Circle > Mind Eraser and The Rival Mob

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5ba26d08f356ff2139e32ae8ec9c8f83/tumblr_mjs198TFPq1r6x1ilo1_r2_500.gif

mankvill
04-05-2013, 01:10 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/5ba26d08f356ff2139e32ae8ec9c8f83/tumblr_mjs198TFPq1r6x1ilo1_r2_500.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpa7czwl5R1qkw3cpo1_400.jpg

ravenheart
04-05-2013, 01:45 AM

Same thing could be said for any album by sHeavy, Count Raven, and a bunch of other bands.

elturtleboy
04-05-2013, 03:12 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpa7czwl5R1qkw3cpo1_400.jpg

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5277153536/hEC9B1308/

dcmetal108
04-05-2013, 07:49 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5277153536/hEC9B1308/

Awesome :lol:

MetalIsArt
04-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Been listening to that riff over & over again for the last 15 minutes. :bliss:

El Gordo
04-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Un-Sabbath riff?

The first part of that is very close to sounding like Hole In The Sky.

That's exactly what I thought. I have to admit though, I cringed a little when Ozzy came in. I'd be much more interested in this if it were Tony Martin or... anyone else.

MetalIsArt
04-06-2013, 02:44 AM
That's exactly what I thought. I have to admit though, I cringed a little when Ozzy came in. I'd be much more interested in this if it were Tony Martin or... anyone else.

Or Tom Araya.

El Gordo
04-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Or Tom Araya.

What? That's weird. Not anyone else.

christopher
04-07-2013, 01:09 AM
What? That's weird. Not anyone else.

I'm sure Chris Barnes would have perfect

El Gordo
04-07-2013, 05:57 AM

Chris Barnes would have perfect? Chris Barnes would be make humble!

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url.png

dcmetal108
04-07-2013, 06:46 AM
Chris Barnes would have perfect? Chris Barnes would be make humble!

http://cdn.gunaxin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url.png

Sheik says Hulk Hogan is a fucking pussy faggot!

MetalIsArt
04-07-2013, 06:51 AM

He still owes me one big joint. :mad:

ravenheart
04-08-2013, 02:23 AM
European tour announced :D

December 10 here I come.

November
20 - Helsinki - Hartwell Arena
22 - Stockholm - Friends Arena
24 - Oslo - Telenor Arena
26 - Copenhagen - Forum
28 - Amsterdam - Ziggo Dome
30 - Dortmund - Westfalenhalle

December
02 - Paris - Palais Omnisports de Bercy
05 - Milan - Fiera Arena
07 - Prague - O2 Arena
10 - London - O2 Arena
12 - Belfast - Odyssey Arena
14 - Sheffield - Motorpoint Arena
16 - Glasgow - Hydro
18 - Manchester - Arena
20 - Birmingham - LG Arena

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-08-2013, 04:03 AM
European tour announced :D

December 10 here I come.

November
20 - Helsinki - Hartwell Arena
22 - Stockholm - Friends Arena
24 - Oslo - Telenor Arena
26 - Copenhagen - Forum
28 - Amsterdam - Ziggo Dome
30 - Dortmund - Westfalenhalle

December
02 - Paris - Palais Omnisports de Bercy
05 - Milan - Fiera Arena
07 - Prague - O2 Arena
10 - London - O2 Arena
12 - Belfast - Odyssey Arena
14 - Sheffield - Motorpoint Arena
16 - Glasgow - Hydro
18 - Manchester - Arena
20 - Birmingham - LG Arena

I wonder what the hold up is on announcing the US dates?

ravenheart
04-08-2013, 05:23 AM

NOBODY CARES! ;)

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-08-2013, 05:25 AM
NOBODY CARES! ;)

Lol

brutal_descent
04-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Damn it, nothing for Moscow. :(

natureboy
04-08-2013, 09:57 AM

August 24 at the Gorge!

http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0F004A6DE5F9422C?crosssite=TM_US:734569:122913

Tix on sale Saturday too, so I'm assuming dates announced this week.

Jochen
04-08-2013, 12:23 PM
August 24 at the Gorge!

http://concerts.livenation.com/event/0F004A6DE5F9422C?crosssite=TM_US:734569:122913

UGGHH!!! With Paul McCartney slowly announcing his US tour, I'd better get my tax refund, ASAP!!!

Wrecking Crew
04-08-2013, 12:50 PM
August 24 at the Gorge!

Awesome, will have to get some friends and drive the 6 hours for this!

IrritatedTrout
04-08-2013, 01:35 PM
I hope there are dates around me when I'm not on vacation for the week.

TonyD
04-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Prices range from $65 to $150 wtf?

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Prices $150 wtf?

And they said Sharon wasn't the band's manager, just Ozzy's manager. There goes that theory lol

PVH5150
04-08-2013, 02:12 PM

$45 to $125, and of course, an extra 25 bucks in fees because they're playing in Live Nation sheds.

Onioner
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM

The Gorge is known as one of the most beautiful outdoor venues ever, I think tickets at that venue are inherently expensive. I'm expecting to pay probably $50 for wherever they end up playing in CA. I'm hoping I can go home for the inevitable Shoreline or Concord date, I've heard nothing but shitty things about the San Manuel lawn.

anomynous
04-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Announce the dates already

Wrecking Crew
04-08-2013, 04:12 PM
The Gorge is known as one of the most beautiful outdoor venues ever, I think tickets at that venue are inherently expensive.

It is a fantastic venue, the stage is in front of the Columbia River canyon which makes a beautiful backdrop. I saw Rush there in '97 and think it's about time I made a return visit. As for prices, it wasn't bad in '97 but concert tickets in general have gone through the roof since then.

TonyD
04-08-2013, 04:42 PM
150 actually isn't terrible for the top tier seats but even with that, you're not gonna get anything better than the 15th or 20th row since they auction and reserve all the better seats for VIP packages. But $65 for lawn is absurd, even if it is the nicest outdoor venue in the country.

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-08-2013, 07:47 PM
While I'm not sure how many bands are on this tour I am hearing BLS is likely to be on this. My source is inconsistent but I thought I would pass it along regardless.

ravenheart
04-09-2013, 01:19 AM

Interesting. They're 46 in London, which is what, $70ish?

MetalIsArt
04-09-2013, 02:17 AM
COME TO FLANDERZ!!!!!!

NO SABBUTH WITHOUT BILLY!!!!!

IrritatedTrout
04-09-2013, 08:11 AM
BLS would be a decent opener.

150 actually isn't terrible for the top tier seats but even with that, you're not gonna get anything better than the 15th or 20th row since they auction and reserve all the better seats for VIP packages. But $65 for lawn is absurd, even if it is the nicest outdoor venue in the country.

Before they pulled the show off Ticketmaster the seating chart said it was GA pit down front so that's good news.

ravenheart
04-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Apparently Sabbath are going to appear in the season finale of CSI this month. They're playing a concert that some of the main characters attend, and it will be the premier of the first single from the album, 'End of The Beginning'.

Expect Ozzy to mime.

Sinister_Chalupa666
04-11-2013, 12:09 PM
The big announcement is they are on CSI? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PVH5150
04-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Some song titles and lengths.

End Of The Beginning (8:07)
God Is Dead? (8:54)
Loner (5:06)
Zeitgeist (4:28)
Age Of Reason (7:02)
Live Forever (4:49)
Damaged Soul (7:43)
Dear Father (7:06)

ravenheart
04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
The big announcement is they are on CSI? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, there was build up to this? I just saw it as a random piece of news :eyes:

Pretty sure though that the point is that will be the premier of the single, and the CSI appearance is simply the format that premier is taking.

ravenheart
04-12-2013, 09:43 AM
Some song titles and lengths.

End Of The Beginning (8:07)
God Is Dead? (8:54)
Loner (5:06)
Zeitgeist (4:28)
Age Of Reason (7:02)
Live Forever (4:49)
Damaged Soul (7:43)
Dear Father (7:06)

I actually care more about the tracklist of the deluxe edition bonus disc. I need to decide whether I want it or not.

anomynous
04-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Where are the tour dates?

Fucking Brits

MetalIsArt
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Where are the tour dates?

Fucking Brits

On their facebookpage, and maybe you can go to www.black-sabbath.com as well...

christopher
04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
On their facebookpage, and maybe you can go to www.black-sabbath.com as well...

he meant US dates

anomynous
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
Not to mention that's not even their website

WOLVERINEKILLS
04-12-2013, 01:23 PM
I had posted 10 leaked dates on my page today but once again emails from lawyers made me delete it... :bouville: I'm off to work, hopefully the dates will be officially announced by the time I return home :rocker:

IrritatedTrout
04-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Anything near Virginia?:D

christopher
04-12-2013, 04:24 PM
I bet one of the dates in is San Bernardino. :D

justinm4bama
04-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I bet Cali gets at least 3 out of the leaked dates :tongue:

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Does anyone know if there was a Kansas City one?

christopher
04-12-2013, 05:32 PM
I bet Cali gets at least 3 out of the leaked dates :tongue:

I bet Mountain View, San Bernardino and possibly Chula Vista. :D

PVH5150
04-12-2013, 05:42 PM
I know one of them is Mansfield, MA in early August.

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 07:39 PM
Can someone give me a list of all the leaked dates?

mankvill
04-12-2013, 08:11 PM
Can someone give me a list of all the leaked dates?

September 6th - Olathe, KS (Manky's Haus)

only leaked date I know of so far

PowerMaiden
04-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Sabbath & Maiden in back to back nights in Kansas city ! Wow !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 08:16 PM

Are you kidding me? What venue? And i can't make that. I have a football game. And are you sure? Sabbath and Maiden on two nights in a row?

mankvill
04-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Sabbath & Maiden in back to back nights in Kansas city ! Wow !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Yeah, I can't believe it! Practically in my backyard!

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Yeah, I can't believe it! Practically in my backyard!

What venue?

mankvill
04-12-2013, 08:19 PM
What venue?

Manky's Haus (formally Chateau de Jackson)

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 08:20 PM
Seriously any day but Friday or maybe Tuesday will work for me. Just please dont have it on a friday

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Manky's Haus (formally Chateau de Jackson)

Lmao there is no venue. You lying piece of shit!!!

dcmetal108
04-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Lmao there is no venue. You lying piece of shit!!!

:bouville::tp:

Bengals279
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
:bouville::tp:

Ok in my defense I saw September 6th and I just started cussing and yelling at my cat. So after that I wasn't even reading straight. But we better have a kc date

300%_Density
04-12-2013, 10:19 PM
This site really makes me happy.

rjturtle9
04-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Ok in my defense I saw September 6th and I just started cussing and yelling at my cat. So after that I wasn't even reading straight. But we better have a kc date

I'm seeriously laughing my ass off at this whole page!

Northern_Shaman
04-13-2013, 12:08 AM
You funny motherfuckers.

:lol:

TonyD
04-13-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm worried about some of you guys...

christopher
04-13-2013, 01:16 AM
WOW :lol:

MetalIsArt
04-13-2013, 03:25 AM
he meant US dates

Sorry son. ;)

IrritatedTrout
04-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Goddamn cat, screw you.:flame:

:lol:

Bengals279
04-13-2013, 08:49 AM
God damnit. But seriously does anyone have a list of the leaked dates

anomynous
04-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Black Sabbath is also playing my backyard.

ravenheart
04-13-2013, 09:34 AM
God damnit. But seriously does anyone have a list of the leaked dates

Yes. We're just intentionally keeping them from you.

Bengals279
04-13-2013, 09:36 AM
Yes. We're just intentionally keeping them from you.

dcmetal108
04-13-2013, 10:08 AM

Seriously, we all had them sent PM to us because we didn't want you and a few others seeing the dates in the thread.

Bengals279
04-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Seriously, we all had them sent PM to us because we didn't want you and a few others seeing the dates in the thread.

justinm4bama
04-13-2013, 07:26 PM

They're joking dude.... :cool:

Bengals279
04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
They're joking dude.... :cool:

Ik. What else was I going to say. So I just out .....

MetalIsArt
04-14-2013, 01:56 AM
Ik. What else was I going to say. So I just out .....

You didn't return the joke.

natureboy
04-15-2013, 07:14 AM
http://concerts.livenation.com/event/02004A77A996511F?crosssite=TM_US:734569:16839

Black Sabbath
PNC Bank Arts Center, Holmdel, NJ
Sun, Aug 4, 2013 07:30 PM
Details: Black Sabbath, Andrew W.K.

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 07:19 AM
Andrew W.K.? :tp: What a wast of time. That's just about the worst opener I could think of for Sabbath. And fuck, it looks like this may be hitting the East Coast the week I'll be in SC. Might have to fly somewhere for this one.

natureboy
04-15-2013, 07:21 AM
Andrew W.K.? :tp: What a wast of time. That's just about the worst opener I could think of for Sabbath. And fuck, it looks like this may be hitting the East Coast the week I'll be in SC. Might have to fly somewhere for this one.

He's listed as the opener for the Gorge show as well (which is not back up on TM and Live Nation).

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Yep, fuck. Also it looks like presale for the WA show is Thursday and general on sale for both dates is Saturday so we should have the full dates today or tomorrow I would imagine.

dcmetal108
04-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Andrew WK is looking to be a busy man this year then.

brutal_descent
04-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Sounds like someone doesn't like to

PARTY

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't. No core, no fun, no mosh. :evil:

Edit: There was also that Toronto date announced for Aug. 14th back in March but I don't know if that's still going ahead. It's not on the ACC website yet.

dcmetal108
04-15-2013, 07:47 AM
I don't. No core, no fun, no mosh. :evil:

Edit: There was also that Toronto date announced for Aug. 14th back in March but I don't know if that's still going ahead. It's not on the ACC website yet.

So Emmure doing this tour would be a bad thing? :lol:

PVH5150
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Ill take WK over Slipknot or Korn any day of the week.

natureboy
04-15-2013, 08:05 AM

Yeah, the only time I saw Sabbath with Ozzy had Godsmack as an opening act. Can't do much worse than that.

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 08:13 AM

Slipknot I'd agree with. But hell, give me some Munky and the boys over this shit. And I hate Korn. :lol:

I wish it was just BLS like every other Sabbath tour ever. :lol:

Sanitarium78
04-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Andrew WK is a terrible opener. It should be obvious to the promoters that most Sabbath fans wouldn't like him. If he's the opener for the whole tour I hope he gets booed off stage at every show. I thought I read something about BLS being the opener. Who cares how many times they've opened for them, at least you'll have a support band that a lot of Sabbath/Ozzy fans will like.

brutal_descent
04-15-2013, 08:36 AM
I hope he gets booed off stage at every show.

I bet you're a lot of fun at parties

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Not liking shitty, hollow, trendy music = Being a shitty person in general.:tp:

I'm sorry that if I'm paying 150 dollars to see a classic metal band that could have just about anyone open for them I'd like to get something other than the white version of LMFAO.

mankvill
04-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Not liking shitty, hollow, trendy music = Being a shitty person in general.:tp:

Are yoy sure you know who Andrew wk is?

brutal_descent
04-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Are yoy sure you know who Andrew wk is?

"is that the guy from mac miller or something"

IrritatedTrout
04-15-2013, 09:05 AM
I've listened to his "best" album so that's as much as I need to know. Bland vocals, stupid keyboards, lame riffs, and pedestrian party rock lyrics.

So, yes, LMFAO with fewer electronic elements and less catchy songs.;)

mankvill
04-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I've listened to his "best" album so that's as much as I need to know. Bland vocals, stupid keyboards, lame riffs, and pedestrian party rock lyrics.

So, yes, LMFAO with fewer electronic elements and less catchy songs.;)

No, he's good simple pop metal. I don't mean pop metal like avenged sevenfold, but its like if Cheap Trick was a metal band. He's awesome and fun and he doesn't pretend to be anything more. Of all the bands for Black Sabbath fans to be blockhead curmudgeons about, AWK should be far down that list.

ravenheart
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
No, he's good simple pop metal. I don't mean pop metal like avenged sevenfold, but its like if Cheap Trick was a metal band. He's awesome and fun and he doesn't pretend to be anything more. Of all the bands for Black Sabbath fans to be blockhead curmudgeons about, AWK should be far down that list.

I dislike Andrew WK too. Always found his stuff boring.

anomynous
04-15-2013, 09:32 AM
I would have liked a good opener, but I'll still go

ravenheart
04-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Fortunately I doubt he'll open in Europe.

So far South America are winning the Sabbath support band stakes.

Steev
04-15-2013, 09:42 AM
So basically Sabbath and AWK and there's atleast one relatively close show

I'm good

ravenheart
04-15-2013, 09:45 AM
First digital single will be 'God Is Dead?', and looks like being released this Friday. Wouldn't be surprised if a tour announcement came with it.

natureboy
04-15-2013, 09:45 AM
LOL. The Sabbath shows are gone from Ticketmaster/Live Nation again.

There goes another week...

300%_Density
04-15-2013, 10:00 AM
LOL. The Sabbath shows are gone from Ticketmaster/Live Nation again.

There goes another week...

Nothing on TM
The Washington show is still on LN

FWIW