PDA

View Full Version : Modern Warfare 3

Epidemic Reign
11-03-2011, 02:01 AM
I just noticed there's no thread for MW3.

Now there is :D

Who's picking it up on launch day and what system are you using?

If you're on XBL, add me... my gamertag is Zydrate Junkie.

ChildrenofSodom
11-07-2011, 02:15 PM
By this time tomorrow, the hallways of my dorm will be filled with the repetitive rattling of assault rifles and explosives. I'm jelly that I can't play until winter break....between this and Skyward Sword I'm not going to be leaving my house for 3 weeks.

mankvill
11-07-2011, 02:21 PM
I loved the single player for MW2 just for its cool set-pieces and stuff, but MW3 looks like wholesale garbage to me.

GET BF3 YOU NEWBS

Div
11-07-2011, 02:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7r9RqWBdl8

hurr durr derp durr

Div
11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
I loved the single player for MW2 just for its cool set-pieces and stuff, but MW3 looks like wholesale garbage to me.

GET BF3 YOU NEWBS

i just couldnt get past the ridiculous story. it was like if tom clancy smoked a bunch of pot and decided to write a cold-war-rehased-into-modern-times screenplay. "rogue terrorist and disgruntled general trick america and russia into war with each other! omg!"

/bittercynicism

mankvill
11-07-2011, 02:31 PM
i just couldnt get past the ridiculous story. it was like if tom clancy smoked a bunch of pot and decided to write a cold-war-rehased-into-modern-times screenplay. "rogue terrorist and disgruntled general trick america and russia into war with each other! omg!"

/bittercynicism

I just really liked the level in Washington DC after the nuke went off and there was no power. I'm a sucker for a good "foreign country invades the US" type of shit.

powerslave_85
11-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm a sucker for a good "foreign country invades the US" type of shit.Same here.

I'm buying it this week, don't even give a shit.

ChildrenofSodom
11-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm really fucking excited for it, and I don't pay any attention to the criticisms. Every video game doesn't have to be a mind blowing, intricate, entirely original experience. Sometimes shooting shit is enough for me.

Div
11-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm really fucking excited for it, and I don't pay any attention to the criticisms. Every video game doesn't have to be a mind blowing, intricate, entirely original experience. Sometimes shooting shit is enough for me.

Good point, I guess I just had my expectations set too high.

evildeadjedi
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
MW series just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I wish BF3 was available on Steam.

kommie
11-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Yea, Madden!

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 03:14 AM
So the game is BADASS.

The multiplayer makes Black Ops look like a bad joke... and I liked Black Ops.

Crionics
11-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Picked it up at a midnight release with a bud of mine last night, havn't played it yet, but about to soon!

Epidemic Reign
11-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Picked it up at a midnight release with a bud of mine last night, havn't played it yet, but about to soon!

The Kill Confirmed mode is awesome, especially if you're playing on hardcore which is unlocked around level 20 or so.

makethemsuffer12
11-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Might just have to pick this up w/ my first paycheck. Then again, Uncharted 3 is also out, and Syrim and Assassin's are right around the corner...

mastodon421
11-09-2011, 12:01 PM
I might get this eventually. I have heard a lot of good things about it and considering that I despise Battlefield 3, this should give me my millitary-shooter fix.

mankvill
11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I might get this eventually. I have heard a lot of good things about it and considering that I despise Battlefield 3, this should give me my millitary-shooter fix.

y u despise BF3

mastodon421
11-09-2011, 03:03 PM
y u despise BF3

I just don't think it's fun. Sure it's a well-made game, but it's just not any fun to me. That's the one major thing Call Of Duty has on Battlefield imo. Call Of Duty is simple, but it's fun as hell most of the time (I haven't played MW3, i'm just basing that on previous games). Battlefield is just extremely boring and annoying to play.

Boatvan
11-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I am a firm believer in MW3 being a flytrap for noobs, 12 year olds, and just general douche bags. I am glad it draws people away from good games. Put some hair on your chest, play CS:S

Epidemic Reign
11-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I've got enough hair on my chest. I've actually been playing MW3 about 5 hours a day to get rid of some of the hair. So far it's not working :hmm:

mankvill
11-10-2011, 04:02 PM
I am a firm believer in MW3 being a flytrap for noobs, 12 year olds, and just general douche bags. I am glad it draws people away from good games. Put some hair on your chest, play CS:S

:fist: Listen to this man

mankvill
11-10-2011, 04:04 PM
I just don't think it's fun. Sure it's a well-made game, but it's just not any fun to me. That's the one major thing Call Of Duty has on Battlefield imo. Call Of Duty is simple, but it's fun as hell most of the time (I haven't played MW3, i'm just basing that on previous games). Battlefield is just extremely boring and annoying to play.

:confused:

how is fighting a huge ground battle with tanks at your side while jets and helicopters do battle overhead not fun?

please don't tell me you're one of the losers who plays Deathmatch gametypes in Battlefield - A-;

In Modern Warfare, you get killstreaks
In Battlefield, you ARE the killstreaks

JRA
12-04-2011, 05:59 PM
My rank is a Major and my name is Wedgie.