PDA

View Full Version : Something about the Exorcist that's really been bothering me

JRA
10-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Ok it's like this. With scary movies, there are certain scares that you will remember the first time you saw them no matter what, just because of how fucked up they are.

I remember the Redrum = Murder and the Chewbacca blowjob scene from The Shining. I remember the baby xenomorph bursting out of John Hurt's chest in Alien. I remember a chick being stabbed through her exposed heart in Suspiria.

And I remembered just about everything from the Exorcist- except for the pussy cross stabbing scene. And you would think that would be the scene you remember the most because....its a bloody 12 year old vagina being stabbed with a crucifix. Hell I didn't even raise the proverbial eyebrow until I was listening to a Richard Pryor standup with the line "Get up stairs and wash yo ass girl! And get the cross out yo pussy!" Then I was like, "wait a minute, I don't remember that part." Then I went to youtube and looked the scene up and was all :eek: "I don't remember seeing this at all."

For those thinking "oh you probably saw it censored," no I did not see this on TV the first time. And it definitely wasn't censored cos I definitely remember all the super foul curse words in that movie. I rented some 30th anniversary edition because I remember having to fastforward for what seemed like 30 minutes before I actually got to the movie. Yet I just don't remember seeing that scene at all. I should also mention that I rented this at Hollywood video.

Did Hollywood video rip me off and censor that version for families like Wal-Mart and Target does for certain movies or something? Cos I seriously can't understand how I missed this. Or are there just versions of the movie that have that part censored and replaced with something else? Exorcist die-hards, give me a hand.

Epidemic Reign
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm quite positive that the scene has never been deleted for any official video release. If the copy you watched didn't have it, then it was certainly tampered with.

illuminatus917
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM
I remember the baby xenomorph bursting out of John Hurt's chest in Alien.

I saw this when I was about 12. Simultaneously, it scared the shit out of me and spawned my long-lasting obsession with science fiction.

Too bad I've never found a sci-fi film I liked more.

ShatteredFlame
11-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I watched the Netflix version a few days ago, it had that scene.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Marduk even took a sample from that scene for 'Fuck Me Jesus'