PDA

View Full Version : Blackguard Update (Many of you will rejoice)

MPF
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
I just copied and pasted the part that wasn't a review of the last year, and I know almost everyone here will be happy.

As for our future touring plans, we’ll be taking it a little easier in the New Year. I don’t think we’ll be touring North America more than two times and instead try to focus our efforts overseas. There are big things taking shape now and we can’t wait to let everyone know what’s up.

That’s it for now, take care everyone and we’ll see you at the bar.

-Paul

Despite everything, the guys in Blackguard are really cool. But they will get respected more for not jumping on every damn tour.

kommie
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
And they will get replaced on tours with bands like Oceano, Rings of Saturn and much worse bands, and people will then miss Blackguard.

mankvill
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
For those who didn't see my post in the Overkill thread, they got replaced (at least on the KC date) with Suidakra.

ChildrenofSodom
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM
Suidakra > Blackguard x10000

MPF
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
And they will get replaced on tours with bands like Oceano, Rings of Saturn and much worse bands, and people will then miss Blackguard.

Rings Of Saturn....that's a maybe. But Oceano...not at all.

At least with Blackguard they did fit in with the bands that they toured with, Who is Oceano going to fit in with besides shitty Deathcore?

kommie
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Rings Of Saturn....that's a maybe. But Oceano...not at all.

At least with Blackguard they did fit in with the bands that they toured with, Who is Oceano going to fit in with besides shitty Deathcore?

Ugh. You just said the same thing twice, but look at some of the bands that've toured with Amon Amarth, Sonic Syndicate, As I Lay Crying, it's possible for Oceano to get on good tours.

mankvill
10-31-2011, 01:27 PM
Suidakra > Blackguard x10000

:party:

MPF
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Ugh. You just said the same thing twice, but look at some of the bands that've toured with Amon Amarth, Sonic Syndicate, As I Lay Crying, it's possible for Oceano to get on good tours.

I would almost agree, but Deathcore isn't the only shitty music out there.

Has Sonic Syndicate ever played in the states?

I don't see Oceano ever doing any non-full deathcore tours unless they are festival tours (Mayhem, Summer Slaughter etc) They are very hated, but they aren't that popular to pull that off, unless their label really pushes them. Next year, I don't see that happening.

Nater
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I saw Blackguard once this year and it was a headlining show they did at a bar I've never heard of. It was a real good time and they are extremely nice people who are just looking to get their name out there by touring their asses off. Paul is a real down to earth dude and they just love doing it. I honestly think it's great they are on so many tours. Ya'll are sick of them but they still made some new fans this year doing it or atleast got their names out there.

kommie
10-31-2011, 01:37 PM
I would almost agree, but Deathcore isn't the only shitty music out there.

Has Sonic Syndicate ever played in the states?

I don't see Oceano ever doing any non-full deathcore tours unless they are festival tours (Mayhem, Summer Slaughter etc) They are very hated, but they aren't that popular to pull that off, unless their label really pushes them. Next year, I don't see that happening.

Yes, Sonic has, 2007 they toured with Amon Amarth, and the next year, early-ish they toured with Nightwish? I think it was them.

moobys37
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Can't say I'm broken up by this. One of the guitar players was hitting on one of my best friends at their show with Nevermore here last year, while her boyfriend was next to her. Not to mention that their music does nothing for me.