PDA

View Full Version : Iced Earth/Symphony X tour

gilpdawg
10-31-2011, 01:33 AM
SYMPHONY X / ICED EARTH
NORTH AMERICAN 2012 CO-HEADLINER TOUR
ONSALE NOW!!!!!!!

GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN (USA) – What do you get when you mix equal parts Dystopia and Iconoclast?

One of the most eagerly anticipated metal tours of 2012.

"I'm excited to tour with SYMPHONY X," ICED EARTH founder Jon Schaffer said. "They're phenomenal musicians and very cool guys. This co-headliner tour will be a great experience for the fans. It is also way overdue for us to play a proper tour of North America. Get ready!"

SYMPHONY X guitarist Michael Romeo echoes Schaffer’s enthusiasm.

“We are very excited about the upcoming North American Tour with Iced Earth,” Romeo said. “We first met Jon & the guys a few years back and they were really cool. When the idea of a Co-Headline tour surfaced, we thought it would be awesome. The fans can expect a night of great music from both bands. We look forward to seeing you all real soon!”

The , 30+-date, co-headliner tour begins January 31st in Hartford, Connecticut, and concludes March 11th in Clifton Park, New York.
Pre-sale tickets go on sale exclusively on Oct 31st via these websites:
http://www.enterthevault.com

With their innovative mixture of heavy metal and progressive rock, New Jersey juggernauts SYMPHONY X continue to be a favored staple among fans of prog metal around the world. Iconoclast, the band’s eighth studio album, debuted at #76 on the Billboard Top 200 chart in the U.S. and at #105 on the Canadian Soundscan Top 200 chart in June.

Visit SYMPHONY X online:
www.SymphonyX.com
www.Facebook.com/SymphonyX
www.twitter.com/SymphonyX

Schaffer formed ICED EARTH in Tampa, Florida, in 1984. Since then, he has released 10 studio albums, the newest being the highly-acclaimed Dystopia (October, 2011) – which debuted at #67 on the Billboard Top 200 chart – one live album, two compilations, three boxed sets, and several DVDs. Thanks to massive worldwide sales -- and rabidly loyal fans – ICED EARTH has earned a seat in the pantheon of America's most successful heavy metal bands.

Visit ICED EARTH online:
www.IcedEarth.com
www.Facebook.com/OfficialIcedEarth
http://www.youtube.com/officialicedearth

Support for SYMPHONY X and ICED EARTH will be provided by the powerhouse quintet WARBRINGER.

Dates are below

Jan
31 Hartford , CT Webster Theater
Feb
1 Phila , PA Trocadero
3 Sayreville , NJ Starland Ballroom
4 Quebec City , QC Albert Rousseau
5 Montreal , QC Metropolis
6 Toronto , ON Phoenix
9 Winnipeg , MB Garrick
10 Saskatoon , SK Louis Pub
11 Edmonton , AB Starlite Room
12 Calgary , AB Flames Central
14 Vancouver , BC Commodore Ballroom
15 Seattle , WA Showbox Market
16 Portland , OR Hawthorne Theater
17 Sf, CA Regency Ballroom
18 LA , CA Club Nokia
20 Las Vegas , NV House of Blues
21 Anaheim CA The Grove
22 San Diego , CA House of Blues
24 SLC , UT The Complex
25 Denver , CO The Summit Music Hall
26 Kansas City , MO Midland Theater
27 Dallas , TX Trees
28 Austin , TX Emos East
29 Houston , TX House of Blues
March
2 Ft Lauderdale , FL Revolution
3 Lake Buena Vista ,FL House of Blues
5 Raleigh , NC Lincoln Theater
6 Charlotte , NC The Filmore Charlotte
7 Columbus , OH Newport Music Hall
9 Worcester , MA The Palladium
10 NYC , NY Best Buy Theater
11 Clifton Park , NY Northern Lights
Um, yeah, I'm fucking there.

brutal_descent
10-31-2011, 01:37 AM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Symphony X.

Iced Earth.

And Warbringer.

:drool:

Epidemic Reign
10-31-2011, 01:42 AM
Another kickass tour with no AZ date :bawling:

I suppose they could slip in an AZ stop between LA and Las Vegas on the 19th, though that would mean 9 days without a day off and therefore it's unlikely. Fuck.

xStructualDefect
10-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Definitely going to this. Although I doubt this will fill up BOTH the Club Nokia and the Grove.

ChildrenofSodom
10-31-2011, 05:20 AM
OH MY GOD! COLUMBUS! I'M THERE!

Maidenmagic
10-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Heavy metal bands are unaware of Louisiana's existence.

SerpentineVIVIVI
10-31-2011, 05:54 AM
An actual lineup worth seeing with high quality caliber from all of them. I will certainly try and be there for one of the two NY dates.

DethMaiden
10-31-2011, 06:04 AM
OH MY GOD! COLUMBUS! I'M THERE!

See you there, buddy. :rocker:

kommie
10-31-2011, 06:12 AM
lol Northern Lights, if these bands have any sort of stage show, they can't do it at Northern Lights, unless they've changed shit since the last time I was there.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-31-2011, 06:31 AM
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Symphony X.

Iced Earth.

And Warbringer.

:drool:

This.

I'm there on January 27th. :horns:

GarageMetal468
10-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Oh hey this would go nowhere near Chicago! :bouville:

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Oh look, another North American Symphony X tour. Who knew? ;)

So, Warbringer = Blackguard? :eyes:

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 06:49 AM
Heavy metal bands are unaware of Louisiana's existence.

So's your government, from what I hear ;)

Epidemic Reign
10-31-2011, 07:12 AM
So, Warbringer = Blackguard? :eyes:

I don't think any band will ever be as good at obnoxiously booking countless tours they don't belong on as Blackguard, though Warbringer is certainly in the upper echelon of bands that do that.

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
This is pretty fucking sweet. Saves me the trouble of having to see each of them separate, and also saves me the burden of a shit-ton of bad openers. I think a lot of these shows are gonna sell-out due to the general popularity, not to mention slight cross-over appeal of each band. I have some friends that will go for IE, some for SX, and some (like myself) for both. I may go to both the Philly and Sayreville, NJ shows.

300%_Density
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
This will be amazing. Never seen Iced Earth and have been wanting to get into Symphony X for awhile. This will be amazing.

IrritatedTrout
10-31-2011, 08:09 AM
So's your government, from what I hear ;)

Good one.:lol:

Butcher of Birth
10-31-2011, 08:44 AM
100% going to this! I hope Iced Earth is much better than the last time I saw them, then again my only complaint was Matt :lol:

moobys37
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Some of the worst tour routing I've ever seen. Never change, Enter The Vault.

EDIT: I recant the first part of my statement as there's 5 dates after the one's posted with just Warbringer. Still don't understand how you don't book a Chicago show.

Tue/Mar-13 -
WASHINGTON DC
9:30 CLUB

Wed/Mar-14 -
BUFFALO NY
TOWN BALLROOM

Thu/Mar-15 -
PITTSBURGH PA
ALTAR BAR

Fri/Mar-16 -
PONTIAC MI
CROFOOT BALLROOM

Sat/Mar-17 -
JOLIET IL
MOJOES

RAZOR
10-31-2011, 09:22 AM
There's a Pittsburgh date 3/15 at the Altar Bar, just Iced Earth and Warbringer.

GarageMetal468
10-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Some of the worst tour routing I've ever seen. Never change, Enter The Vault.

EDIT: I recant the first part of my statement as there's 5 dates after the one's posted with just Warbringer. Still don't understand how you don't book a Chicago show.

Tue/Mar-13 -
WASHINGTON DC
9:30 CLUB

Wed/Mar-14 -
BUFFALO NY
TOWN BALLROOM

Thu/Mar-15 -
PITTSBURGH PA
ALTAR BAR

Fri/Mar-16 -
PONTIAC MI
CROFOOT BALLROOM

Sat/Mar-17 -
JOLIET IL
MOJOES

So.................... these here are Symphony X/Iced Earth/Warbringer? No off dates or anything?

RAZOR
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
So.................... these here are Symphony X/Iced Earth/Warbringer? No off dates or anything?

Those dates are just Iced Earth and Warbringer.

GarageMetal468
10-31-2011, 09:41 AM
Those dates are just Iced Earth and Warbringer.

Damn, well if Symphony X is gonna be playing mostly Iconoclast stuff and the rest Paradise Lost then it's not a big deal. I still have to see Iced Earth (fuck you appendicitis last year) and I really like Dystopia and Stu Block, so this'll be good.

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 09:46 AM
Damn, well if Symphony X is gonna be playing mostly Iconoclast stuff and the rest Paradise Lost then it's not a big deal.

They're not.

Sanitarium78
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Wed/Mar-14 -
BUFFALO NY
TOWN BALLROOM

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

HOLY SHIT!!! Iced Earth has never played here, like ever. I'm so happy I finally get a chance to see them. Didn't think their management knew there were cities in New York state outside of NYC.

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 09:52 AM
They're not.

I swear, if you're mistaken about this, I'm gonna kill you.

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 10:03 AM
I swear, if you're mistaken about this, I'm gonna kill you.

That's what LaPond told me. The current European tour for all new stuff just because they came here earlier this year before the album came out and couldn't really pay much of it. Next year's tours will be a more varied setlist.

Indestructible
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Wed/Mar-14 -
BUFFALO NY
TOWN BALLROOM

:party:

makethemsuffer12
10-31-2011, 10:13 AM
That's what LaPond told me. The current European tour for all new stuff just because they came here earlier this year before the album came out and couldn't really pay much of it. Next year's tours will be a more varied setlist.

He could mean European tours, though. They haven't played the Iconoclast-heavy set in the US.

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Symphony X should play this, and everyone would go home happy:

01 Iconoclast
02 End of Innocence
03 Dehumanized
04 Communion and the Oracle
05 Inferno
06 Children of a Faceless God
07 Electric Messiah
08 Smoke and Mirrors
09 When All is Lost
10 Sea of Lies
11 Set the World on Fire
Encore:
12 Evolution
13 Out of the Ashes
14 Of Sins and Shadows

mankvill
10-31-2011, 10:41 AM

Awesome. I know some people who will FREAK OUT over this show! I'll be there. Love Warbringer, liked Iced Earth when I saw them, and people say I would love Symphony X. Just kinda worried, this venue is huge.

Steev
10-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Iced Earth are awesome live

but I feel like we'll get stuck with the same shitty local band that always opens for Symphony X at the Troc

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM

Awesome. I know some people who will FREAK OUT over this show! I'll be there. Love Warbringer, liked Iced Earth when I saw them, and people say I would love Symphony X. Just kinda worried, this venue is huge.

I've seen both Symphony X and Iced Earth separate in venues that hold around 1,200 people - and both shows were pretty full. Not sold out, but pretty full. This show has a lot of cross-over appeal (I know many people who are only gonna go for one or the other, but are still gonna go) - so I think they'll have no trouble filling places up to 1,500 capacity in most cities.

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Iced Earth are awesome live

but I feel like we'll get stuck with the same shitty local band that always opens for Symphony X at the Troc

Stygian? :lol:

Steev
10-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Stygian? :lol:

yep

I was so pissed when they got added back in April(especially after BOTH Nevermore and Soilwork dropped off)

mankvill
10-31-2011, 11:08 AM
I've seen both Symphony X and Iced Earth separate in venues that hold around 1,200 people - and both shows were pretty full. Not sold out, but pretty full. This show has a lot of cross-over appeal (I know many people who are only gonna go for one or the other, but are still gonna go) - so I think they'll have no trouble filling places up to 1,500 capacity in most cities.

When I saw Iced Earth, it was in a venue about that size. This venue, however, has a capacity of about 5000. Same place I've seen Motorhead at. It's basically the last step big bands go before going to stadiums and amphitheaters.

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 11:11 AM
When I saw Iced Earth, it was in a venue about that size. This venue, however, has a capacity of about 5000. Same place I've seen Motorhead at. It's basically the last step big bands go before going to stadiums and amphitheaters.

Wikipedia says only about 3,500. I definitely agree that that's over-reaching a bit. I expect this tour to sell out a lot of these places it's playing, but yeah, 3,500 is pretty lofty, especially for that area of the country.

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
He could mean European tours, though. They haven't played the Iconoclast-heavy set in the US.

No, he said NA winter tour. I mentioned this in the London setlist thread last week. Just didn't know it was a co-headline with IE.

mankvill
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Wikipedia says only about 3,500. I definitely agree that that's over-reaching a bit. I expect this tour to sell out a lot of these places it's playing, but yeah, 3,500 is pretty lofty, especially for that area of the country.

It was recently renovated and they put in like a second story deck-type thing. It's hy00j.

makethemsuffer12
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM
No, he said NA winter tour. I mentioned this in the London setlist thread last week. Just didn't know it was a co-headline with IE.

Oh ok, gotcha.

300%_Density
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM

People freaking out like this guy. Iced Earth was one of the few I've wanted to see but never have. Midland is kinda overkill. If Soulfly & Prong can do it IE can. Its beautiful there and won't be as packed. Classic win/win situation.

mankvill
10-31-2011, 12:10 PM
People freaking out like this guy. Iced Earth was one of the few I've wanted to see but never have. Midland is kinda overkill. If Soulfly & Prong can do it IE can. Its beautiful there and won't be as packed. Classic win/win situation.

:fist:

Hell, if Cavalera Conspiracy can do it, IE and SX can!

ChildrenofSodom
10-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Have IE played any shows with Stu yet? I'm really impressed with his performance on Dystopia, but I'm curious how he does live.

makethemsuffer12
10-31-2011, 12:29 PM
Have IE played any shows with Stu yet? I'm really impressed with his performance on Dystopia, but I'm curious how he does live.

Check the latest set lists, brah. First show was yesterday.

ChildrenofSodom
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
Check the latest set lists, brah. First show was yesterday.

Ah, just saw it. I'd be more interested in videos though. Just found a few on blabbermouth, but the quality isn't that good.

MPF
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
I couldn't possibly be a sadder panda right now. Nowhere even driving distance for me to see this.

:( :( :(

mankvill
10-31-2011, 01:56 PM
I couldn't possibly be a sadder panda right now. Nowhere even driving distance for me to see this.

road trip to KC!

MPF
10-31-2011, 02:00 PM
road trip to KC!

I'm questioning traveling for this show. I really am.

300%_Density
10-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm questioning traveling for this show. I really am.

Cmon do it!!!! Don't ask to hang out w/ Manky he's been ducking me going to KC shows for years. I'm the one that's cool to hang w/ :party:

MPF
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Cmon do it!!!! Don't ask to hang out w/ Manky he's been ducking me going to KC shows for years. I'm the one that's cool to hang w/ :party:

:lol: Or both of you go, that would work too.

What sucks is because of my radio show, I easily could have gone to the Chicago show for free and interview both Symphony X and Iced Earth. Although the FM station we are about to start working with is in KS.....

Hmmmmmmmmmm....

mankvill
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM

:mad:

http://www.last.fm/user/mankvill/events

WHICH ONES ARE YOU GOING TO

DethMaiden
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Columbus is a Wednesday, and I have my evening class in the spring on Wednesdays. This has suddenly gone from "no duh" to "we'll see." :snivel:

moobys37
10-31-2011, 02:56 PM
Columbus is a Wednesday, and I have my evening class in the spring on Wednesdays. This has suddenly gone from "no duh" to "we'll see." :snivel:

Come to Pittsburgh's show. It's on a Thursday at what Devin Townsend called "The strangest place I've ever played at" so you know Jon will love it.

Travis The Dragon
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM

It does say "Additional dates will be announced" on IE's site and the dates end at IL. so WI. or MN. dates could be added. However, those will be without Symphony X, but it would still be great to see IE.

maidenpriest
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
Another kickass tour with no AZ date :bawling:

I suppose they could slip in an AZ stop between LA and Las Vegas on the 19th, though that would mean 9 days without a day off and therefore it's unlikely. Fuck.

Agreed. This is bullshit. They could do one between Anaheim and Salt Lake too on the 23rd... :'(

moobys37
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/tsvguitarist/STOPcopy.jpg

:D

maidenpriest
10-31-2011, 03:20 PM
Symphony X should play this, and everyone would go home happy:

01 Iconoclast
02 End of Innocence
03 Dehumanized
04 Communion and the Oracle
05 Inferno
06 Children of a Faceless God
07 Electric Messiah
08 Smoke and Mirrors
09 When All is Lost
10 Sea of Lies
11 Set the World on Fire
Encore:
12 Evolution
13 Out of the Ashes
14 Of Sins and Shadows

I would drive to LA on my minimum wage paychecks to see this

ravenheart
10-31-2011, 03:25 PM

Man you Americanese have some strange shit going on.

Evening classes are what out of work mothers who've been left behind by technology go to ;)

illuminatus917
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Man you Americanese have some strange shit going on.

Evening classes are what out of work mothers who've been left behind by technology go to ;)

That's basically the case here as well. The exceptions are folks in Seminary School and DethMaiden.

MPF
10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c214/tsvguitarist/STOPcopy.jpg

:D

Only if you buy the Iced Earth shirt saying that. ;)

Maiden33
10-31-2011, 03:44 PM
For anyone who's considering travelling (particularly MPF and MaidenPriest) - if you feel like flying to PA, you can stay with me and go to the show I'm go to (I may be doing Philly and NJ actually). Just putting it out there. Sure, you have to pay to fly, but you can stay with me for nothing if you just bring some spending cash for food or whatever.

maidenpriest
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM

I really hope this is true. I know that LePond kinda seemed sad when I talked to him last year that they weren't doing any older stuff (apparently V is his favorite).

maidenpriest
10-31-2011, 04:06 PM
For anyone who's considering travelling (particularly MPF and MaidenPriest) - if you feel like flying to PA, you can stay with me and go to the show I'm go to (I may be doing Philly and NJ actually). Just putting it out there. Sure, you have to pay to fly, but you can stay with me for nothing if you just bring some spending cash for food or whatever.

And I shall definitely consider it. :) thanks for the offer. I'm currently trying to bribe some friends into goign to LA with me since its on a Saturday.

MPF
10-31-2011, 04:09 PM

Oh wow, thanks man!

I'm going to talk to Swordlord before I do anything just to make sure this isn't coming to Minnesota (He always has a way to talk bands into adding one more date to a tour), If he can't do it, then I just might have to.

DethMaiden
10-31-2011, 04:13 PM
That's basically the case here as well. The exceptions are folks in Seminary School and DethMaiden.

Or literally everyone at IU...

gilpdawg
11-01-2011, 12:33 AM
For once, a tour that I don't have to travel more than 2 hours for! It's right at 2 hours to Columbus for me. I usually have to make the trek to Cleveland for shows of this ilk.

Travis The Dragon
11-01-2011, 02:05 PM
Oh wow, thanks man!

I'm going to talk to Swordlord before I do anything just to make sure this isn't coming to Minnesota (He always has a way to talk bands into adding one more date to a tour), If he can't do it, then I just might have to.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you're able to do that!

SomewhereInTime72
11-01-2011, 03:22 PM
fapfapfap

MPF
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm keeping everything crossed that you're able to do that!

Trust me I am too. For selfish "Hey I get to go in and interview the bands for free" reasons.

and it's only an hour and 15 minute trip. All I can do is pray to the metal gods.

larvtard
11-22-2011, 02:03 PM
just saw that Iced Earth are doing an off-date in ATL with warbringer but no Symphony...may just hit this up for Warbringer!!!! :rocker:

coltongsmith
11-22-2011, 02:50 PM
just saw that Iced Earth are doing an off-date in ATL with warbringer but no Symphony...may just hit this up for Warbringer!!!! :rocker:

glad to hear this. was planning on charlotte but ATL is easier and ill be seeing Symphony X at progpower next year

street_burial
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM

same thing but for the d.c. date

Steev
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Don't know if this has been said but looks like the bands are taking turns closing the shows out

Crionics
12-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Looks like Warbringer is doing a tour or something around this time too or something...Their playing at Kingdom in Richmond on Jan. 29. I don't know if this is to be their own tour or anything...

mankvill
12-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Looks like Warbringer is doing a tour or something around this time too or something...Their playing at Kingdom in Richmond on Jan. 29. I don't know if this is to be their own tour or anything...

Maybe just offdates?

Crionics
12-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Maybe just offdates?

For some reason I was under the impression that Warbringer wasn't a part of the Iced Earth/Symphony X tour and thought they were just support for the Iced Earth offdates. But now I realized they actually are a part of this tour. So yeah, probably an offdate.