PDA

View Full Version : New Master Album!!!!!!!!!

christopher
10-26-2011, 02:21 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s720x720/428383_10150859366589065_706334064_9646792_2035375 641_n.jpg

1. The New Elite
2. Rise Up and Fight
3. Remove the Knife
4. Smile as You're Told
5. Redirect the Evil
6. Out of Control
7. As Two Worlds Collide
8. New Reforms
9. Guide Yourself
10. Souls to Dissuade
11. Twist of Fate

‎"NORTH AMERICAN DETONATION TOUR"
MASTER - SACRIFICIAL SLAUGHTER - FISTHAMMER
Fri. March 1st - Los Angeles, CA @ The Joint
Sat.March 2nd - Oakland, CA @ Oakland Metro
Sun.March 3rd - Portland, OR @ The Branx
Mon.March 4th - Seattle, WA @ 2 Bit Saloon
Tue. March 5th - Boise, ID @ The Shredder
Wed.March 6th - Salt Lake City, UT @ The Complex
Thu. March 7th - Cheyenne, WY @ Forum619
Fri. March 8th - Topeka, KS @ The Boobie Trap
Sat.March 9th - St. Louis, MO @ Fubar
Sun.March 10th - Madison, WI @ The Frequency
Mon.March 11th - Chicago, IL @ Reggie's Rock Club
Tue. March 12th - Warren, MI @ The Ritz
Wed. March 13th - Rochester, NY @ Bug Jar
Thu. March 14th - Providence, RI @ Firehouse 13
Fri. March 15th - Brooklyn, NY @ Saint Vitus Bar
Sat. March 16th - Philadelphia, PA @ Gunners Run
Sun. March 17th - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar
Tue. March 19th - Nashville, TN @ The End
Wed.March 20th - New Orleans, LA @ Siberia
Thu. March 21st - Fort Worth, TX @ Tomcats West
Fri. March 22nd - Oklahoma City@Chameleon Room
Sat. March 23rd - Houston, TX @ BFE Rock Club
Sun. March 24th - Austin, TX @ Beerland
Mon. March 25th - Midland, TX @ Fast Freddy's
Tue. March 26th - El paso, TX @ House of Rock
Wed.March 27th - Albuquerque, NM @ Launchpad
Fri. March 29th - Mexicali, MX @ Bar El Andariego
Sat. March 30th - Pomona, CA @ Characters
Sun. March 31st - Oceanside, CA @ The Royal Dive
Mon.April 1st - Long Beach, CA @ Alex's Bar

GarageMetal468
10-26-2011, 05:59 AM
They still owe the U.S. one for canceling their tour last spring at the last second!

christopher
10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
They do, but Speckmann got fucked over as well. Instead of hiring two people to just play the same exact set every night of the tour, he planned on having the guys that had been backing him for the last 10 years come with him. When they were in the process of flying out, customs literally stopped them for no real reason and said they couldn't come to the US cause they thought the guitarist and drummer were terrorists or some shit like that. He was forced to cancel the tour and lost a lot of money on it. I'm seriously surprised he's still willing to tour the states because the tour in 2009 was very unsuccessful.

girnny777
10-26-2011, 06:49 PM
They do, but Speckmann got fucked over as well. Instead of hiring two people to just play the same exact set every night of the tour, he planned on having the guys that had been backing him for the last 10 years come with him. When they were in the process of flying out, customs literally stopped them for no real reason and said they couldn't come to the US cause they thought the guitarist and drummer were terrorists or some shit like that. He was forced to cancel the tour and lost a lot of money on it. I'm seriously surprised he's still willing to tour the states because the tour in 2009 was very unsuccessful.

I thought it was because they had tourist visas instead of working visas or somethings stupid like that.

christopher
11-28-2011, 12:35 AM
New Master song called Smile As You're Told :rocker:

http://www.reverbnation.com/master

Edit: I guess there are 11 tracks recorded for the new album entitled "The New Elite" and Speckmann is just looking for a contract to put out the album. I hope it doesn't take long.

mankvill
11-28-2011, 01:25 AM
I think I've said it before, but I honestly think Master is the best death metal band from the early-mid 80s that's still going today. Not including bands that like had 2 albums in the 80s, disbanded, and only recently got back together.

:fist: this song fucking rules, and their last album really ripped!

christopher
11-28-2011, 01:32 AM
I think I've said it before, but I honestly think Master is the best death metal band from the early-mid 80s that's still going today. Not including bands that like had 2 albums in the 80s, disbanded, and only recently got back together.

:fist: this song fucking rules, and their last album really ripped!

I don't remember if I've said it here before, but I've also always thought Master is the best death metal band from the 80s that are still around. They have put out 10 albums and every single one of those albums, except for Let's Start a War, has kick ass songs on it. Speckmann is a genius. Instead of trying to have a new sound that most bands went through over the course of their career, he hashed out the same exact sound over and over and it worked. I will always hold Master as one of my favorite bands.

mankvill
11-28-2011, 01:33 AM
I don't remember if I've said it here before, but I've also always thought Master is the best death metal band from the 80s that are still around. They have put out 10 albums and every single one of those albums, except for Let's Start a War, has kick ass songs on it. Speckmann is a genius. Instead of trying to have a new sound that most bands went through over the course of their career, he hashed out the same exact sound over and over and it worked. I will always hold Master as one of my favorite bands.

And they also did the best cover of Children of the Grave! :fist:

christopher
11-28-2011, 01:38 AM
And they also did the best cover of Children of the Grave! :fist:

I got to see them perform this cover live in 2008 :D They also do the best cover of Ring of Fire:allan:

christopher
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Paul Speckmann just posted this on fb

PRECISION METAL BOOKING PRESENTS:
MASTER + SACRIFICIAL SLAUGHTER
"NORTH AMERICAN DETONATION TOUR"
MARCH 1ST - 31ST 2013

I didn't think there was a need for a new thread

treghet
05-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Very cool. That's a long way away though.

christopher
05-15-2012, 10:52 PM
Very cool. That's a long way away though.

I'm excited. I also figured since it was so far away I would just update this thread instead of starting a new thread that said "Master March 2013 NA tour, dates tba" :lol:

MPF
05-21-2012, 02:10 AM
Since it leaked I might as well share it with you guys:

Master
Sacrificial Slaughter
Sadistic Passage

May 9th, 2013, Station 4, St. Paul, MN

mankvill
05-21-2012, 06:39 AM
Since it leaked I might as well share it with you guys:

Master
Sacrificial Slaughter
Sadistic Passage

May 9th, 2013, Station 4, St. Paul, MN

Only a year away!

GarageMetal468
05-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Fri. March 1st - Los Angeles, CA
Sat.March 2nd - Sacramento, CA
Sun.March 3rd - Portland, OR
Tue. March 5th - Boise, ID
Wed.March 6th - Salt Lake City, UT
Thu. March 7th - Cheyenne, WY @ Forum 619
Fri. March 8th - Omaha, NE
Sat.March 9th - St. Paul, MN
Sun.March 10th - Madison, WI
Mon.March 11th - Chicago, IL
Tue. March 12th - Cleveland, OH
Wed. March 13th - Albany, NY
Thu. March 14th - Boston, MA @ Radio
Fri. March 15th - Poughkeepsie, NY
Sat. March 16th - Philadelphia, PA
Sun. March 17th - Baltimore, MD
Mon March 18th - OFF DAY -
Tue. March 19th - Nashville, TN
Wed.March 20th - New Orleans, LA
Thu. March 21st - Little Rock, AR
Fri. March 22nd - Oklahoma City, OK
Sat. March 23rd - Ft. Worth, TX
Sun. March 24th - Austin, TX
Mon. March 25th - Midland, TX @ The Pinebox
Tue. March 26th - El paso, TX
Wed.March 27th - Tucson, AZ
Thu. March 28th - Phoenix, AZ
Fri. March 29th - Mexicali, MX
Sat. March 30th - Corona, CA
Sun. March 31st - Las Vegas, NV

christopher
05-21-2012, 08:30 AM
WOOHOO!!! I get the opening date and the second to last date!! I'm so excited!

mankvill
05-21-2012, 08:40 AM
http://tf2chan.net/dis/src/133277142475.png

Master played Kansas City like three times when I was 17-20 years old at the 21+ place in KC, but they haven't been back since I've turned 21.

christopher
05-21-2012, 08:42 AM
http://tf2chan.net/dis/src/133277142475.png

Master played Kansas City like three times when I was 17-20 years old at the 21+ place in KC, but they haven't been back since I've turned 21.

I thought Master has only toured the US twice recently. Once in October of 08 and July or 09. Were there any tours in the few years before that I didn't know about?

mankvill
05-21-2012, 08:50 AM
I thought Master has only toured the US twice recently. Once in October of 08 and July or 09. Were there any tours in the few years before that I didn't know about?

I know they've played the Riot Room in KC at least twice, so that was probably it.

Last two albums are absolute killers, I'd love to see them some day.

Fates Guardian
05-21-2012, 09:42 AM
At first I thought this was going to be about the Russian thrash band Master.

Also, how the hell are they playing Little Rock but not Atlanta or Charlotte?

mankvill
05-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Well, that Kraanium tour got its Nebraska date moved here, let's hope the same happens for this. :tongue:

christopher
05-21-2012, 12:06 PM
I'll update OP when i get home from school.

MPF
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
My friends in Sadistic Passage will be opening in St. Paul, Madison and Chicago. If you plan on going to any 3 of those shows, check them out. They are fucking badass!

christopher
07-19-2012, 12:05 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/s720x720/314735_501951259821646_1433817484_n.jpg

SWEET! I get three dates!!:party:

mankvill
07-19-2012, 08:04 AM
>Manhattan

http://i50.tinypic.com/dmpt28.png

Sepultura69
07-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I bet that april 1st date in Fullerton is going to be at the Slide Bar. Mark my words. The Slide Bar, for sure.. :fist:

christopher
07-19-2012, 10:56 AM
I bet that april 1st date in Fullerton is going to be at the Slide Bar. Mark my words. The Slide Bar, for sure.. :fist:

It is :D

Sepultura69
07-19-2012, 11:03 AM
[/IMG]

SWEET! I get three dates!!:party:

Los Angeles

Corona

San Diego

Fullerton

Four dates :D

christopher
07-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Los Angeles

Corona

San Diego

Fullerton

Four dates :D

San Diego is too far for me when I already can see 3 shows.

Sepultura69
07-19-2012, 11:52 AM
San Diego is too far for me when I already can see 3 shows.

Are you really going to see Master three times? I will definitely make it to at least one of the dates, most likely the free Slide Bar show.

christopher
07-19-2012, 11:58 AM
Are you really going to see Master three times? I will definitely make it to at least one of the dates, most likely the free Slide Bar show.

Yeah I am. I am probably the biggest Master fan on here. I drove to Mesa, AZ on their last tour to see them cause I was going to be out of the country on the day of the Hollywood show. I love everything they've put out except Let's Start a war. I love the new album. Its on constant spin right now.

brutal_descent
08-07-2012, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but Sacrificial Slaughter and Fisthammer are on this tour, too.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558348_510268948989877_617054453_n.jpg

mankvill
08-07-2012, 12:05 AM
still can't get over the fact that paul has come to KC so many times before I turn 21, but now he's going to Manhattan - _ -

brutal_descent
10-07-2012, 11:09 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/249575_513150952045742_354857286_n.jpg

christopher
10-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Jesus, that location sounds like a shit hole. haha

Sepultura69
12-04-2012, 10:38 PM
Three more months until the tour. Getting pretty excited. I haven't had this level of excitement in seeing a band since my first time seeing slayer and sepultura :bowdown:

christopher
12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Three more months until the tour. Getting pretty excited. I haven't had this level of excitement in seeing a band since my first time seeing slayer and sepultura :bowdown:

Holy shit! You're alive!!! I missed you buddy.

Sepultura69
12-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Holy shit! You're alive!!! I missed you buddy.

Thanks man, like wise, and long time no see. Haven't been in th3se parts of the alley in a cool minute, ahahha although i did run into srm90(scott) at the napalm death/municipal waste show recently.:D

But yeah, i'm thinking about hitting up the LA show as well, or possibly the corona show. April 1st is too far away and I must see MASTER!!!! :bowdown:

damn, it feels like it was just yesterday that the BLVD show was announced, then cancelled, then the dates for this tour get posted like almost a year ago ahahah. Time flies by like a bird my friend. :hmm:

christopher
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Thanks man, like wise, and long time no see. Haven't been in th3se parts of the alley in a cool minute, ahahha although i did run into srm90(scott) at the napalm death/municipal waste show recently.:D

But yeah, i'm thinking about hitting up the LA show as well, or possibly the corona show. April 1st is too far away and I must see MASTER!!!! :bowdown:

damn, it feels like it was just yesterday that the BLVD show was announced, then cancelled, then the dates for this for tour get posted like almost a year ago ahahah. Time flies by like a bird my friend. :hmm:

I think the last time we hung out was after the Autopsy show. Time seriously does fly. I definitely want to hit up the Corona show. I'm not sure how I feel about the LA show since its an all day fest at some shit hole. Master is also playing the Slidebar, so we definitely have to hit that one up since it is free! I can't believe its been three and a half years since I have seen Master. They will definitely blow you away!

Sepultura69
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I think the last time we hung out was after the Autopsy show. Time seriously does fly. I definitely want to hit up the Corona show. I'm not sure how I feel about the LA show since its an all day fest at some shit hole. Master is also playing the Slidebar, so we definitely have to hit that one up since it is free! I can't believe its been three and a half years since I have seen Master. They will definitely blow you away!

Yeah, the slide bar date is the date i originally intended on going to(it's on my sig), but i just can't wait that long!!! I really wanna see these guys as soon as possible, but if the LA show sounds as sketchy as you make it out to be then i will just go to the corona show cause it's not too far of a drive from my pad, and the slide bar is always a grand time since its very close to me and the shows are FREE, FREE FREE. I recently went and saw Agent Orange with some friends at the slide, i'm not too familiar with their work or very big on the genre of Punk rock but my friends took me with them and i had a grand time. and its always cool to get into different music.

The only downfall is one of our buddies got totally fucked in the pit and we ended up at the fullerton hospital till like 3 AM. That's why i don't fuck with pits anymore, my days of moshing are over. I learned my lesson after getting annhihlated in a pit at a sepultura show, it was actually their most recent tour which was this year with Death Angel and krisian as opening acts. Don't really wanna ramble or go into to details but long story short, I GOT HARDCORE DECKED IN THE HEART during "Escape to the void", like elbowed right in the fucking heart, felt like a dumbel smashed into me... i was in horrific excruciating pain in my heart/chest area, it felt like a knife was stabbing me in the heart every fucking time that i tried to breath. The only time i wasn't in pain was when i wasn't moving or breathing. It was to put simply...one of the worst three weeks of my life. I hated every second of my life. I couldn't do anything. Literally..... breathing was painful as shit, laughing was painful to the point where i could kill myself, I had to find certain positions to sleep and by the time i finally got deep in my sleep i would get up from getting the most horrific stab like beatings to my chest. i'd find myself waking up at three in the morning every night due to this horrific pain. One time i called 911 at three in the morning because i thought i was having a heart attack.... .. I had to call off work during those weeks...

After Two MRIs, three Cat scans, and four different chest/rib X-rays and some meds, oh and about twelve visits to the doctor and a couple of radiology centers I finally got back to normal, it was a really crazy life long lesson I learned, and i feel like no one who has gone through what I or most people have gone through will continue to pit and do karatweels stage diving until it happens... ahahha sorry for the random ramble. i tend to do these kind shit in every thread, my bad :lol:

so to continue, FUCKING MASTER!!!! :rocker:

OraclesofAgony
12-04-2012, 11:27 PM

damn, it feels like it was just yesterday that the BLVD show was announced, then cancelled, then the dates for this tour get posted like almost a year ago ahahah. Time flies by like a bird my friend. :hmm:

I'm OraclesofAgony now. :lol:

Good to see you active again. :D

Sepultura69
12-05-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm OraclesofAgony now. :lol:

Good to see you active again. :D

I like how every time i vanish from this site for a couple of months everyone starts to thinks something has happened to the Sepmistro. Appreciate the concerns, folks. :cool:

christopher
12-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I like how every time i vanish from this site for a couple of months everyone starts to thinks something has happened to the Sepmistro. Appreciate the concerns, folks. :cool:

To be fair, you did post that something terrible happened during the Slayer show and have gone missing for a few months at a time since, so we (I at least) have definitely been worrying when we don't see you on here for periods of time.

christopher
02-06-2013, 11:50 PM
I updated the original post with the tour dates for the upcoming tour.

justinm4bama
02-07-2013, 05:39 AM
I updated the original post with the tour dates for the upcoming tour.

I'm debating about going to the Nashville show, but I have to be honest with you I don't know much about this band. It seems like they don't tour much so if I did go this would be my chance.

Sepultura69
02-07-2013, 08:38 AM
I can't decide on which date I wanna see them on...

Pomona, Ocean side, or Fullerton? The free Fullerton show sounds great but I would assume they would get their set cut short seeing how it's a FREE gig. hmmm.... Then again they might play a full set at the slide Bar, who knows. Truth be told i never been to a free metal gig at the slide bar so I wouldn't know wether we get fucked with a short set... awww poopsicklez.. :hmm:

John The Drummer
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Sun.March 3rd - Portland, OR @ The Branx

Damn.... I knew they were playing the 2 Bit, but the Branx the night before? Those two venues are night and day from each other...

Branx - Big venue, nice stage, amazing sound
2 Bit Saloon - Tiny dive bar, small stage, sound depends on what your gear sounds like

:eyes:

christopher
02-21-2013, 10:54 PM
Due to recent events at the Slidebar, all metal shows have been cancelled, so this includes the Master show. The new location is:

OraclesofAgony
02-22-2013, 02:05 AM
Due to recent events at the Slidebar, all metal shows have been cancelled, so this includes the Master show. The new location is:

Damn :(