PDA

View Full Version : Metallica -- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates -- October 25th, 2011

jaysadler2
10-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Ecstacy of Gold
Creeping Death
For whom the bell tolls
Fuel
Ride The Lightning
Fade to Black
Cyanide
The memory remains
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Sad but true
All nightmare long
One
Master of Puppets
Blackened
Nothing Else matters
Enter Sandman
----------------------
Am I evil?
Motorbreath
Seek and Destroy

Source: Setlist fm

Pretty solid/standard, was particularly interested in this set due to the location and metallica having a long break since the summer festivals, promoting LULU and before there anniverasry shows in december, but looks like they've kept things the same.

MPF
10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Not enough Lulu...

*Come on you know someone was going to say that, I might as well be the dick.*

christopher
10-26-2011, 12:01 AM
cool set, but remember not to put the name of the venue in the title. I'm sure someone will be upset over it hahaha.

Epidemic Reign
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
Not enough Lulu...

*Come on you know someone was going to say that, I might as well be the dick.*

:lol:

As hit and miss as their discography has been over the years, I must say that they never fail to pull out a pretty good setlist.

Maidenmagic
10-26-2011, 05:04 AM
It's their first time playing United Arab Emirates so a standard set is okay. I wouldn't mind seening that set. (Although Fuel and The Memory Remains can go.) Any set with All nightmare long gets a thumbs up from me.

PlaysWithKnives
10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Good stuff. I'm sure Abu Dhabi is happy. A set with Motorbreath, RTL, Creeping Death, Blackened, FTB, and Sanitarium get no complaints from me.

bobbie solo
10-26-2011, 10:32 PM
on to India next. always cool when bands play these really obscure/hard to get to countries. You can always spot which countries are on the upswing economically by the live music scene and if American artists start heading there more regularly.

For example, South American/Cnetral American tours big & small are increasing all the time in the metal scene. They are more extensive than ever before. Used to be you could only hit places like Rio or Buenos Aires. Now youre starting to see more artists hit up Asia in countries like India, Singapore, China & Indonesia.

Apparently Metallica did play U.A.E. before though...back during the Black ALbum epic touring period.