PDA

View Full Version : People who can book shows

Wizzbang11
10-24-2011, 12:58 PM
This is probably more suited for the Starving Musician area, but I think there's a little overlap and more people will read this. If it's too much, moving is fine.

Anyway. My band is in the advanced stage of planning a stupidly long tour of sorts beginning in June and ending in who the fuck knows when, so while we're working all the details out I figured I'd look around here to see if there is anyone who might be of help in the coming months (Jackson.) For those of you who don't know, my band is Gorphyryac which is sort of blackened thrash/war metal/borderline crust and we've been around for a few years but have dramatically changed our style since forming (also suck a lot less than we used to) and are going into the studio to record in a few weeks with a recently acquired Peruvian as a rhythm guitarist. Last year we put out a split 7" with Nexwomb and a split tape with Goatfago and have 3 other splits on various formats in the works, but sadly there's not much to reflect our current incarnation on the internets. Soo...if there is anyone out there in the following areas that could actually help us get a show (basement, house, club, whatever) for this style of music many months in advance let me know, it would be a great help:

Oakland
San Fransisco

Oregon (anywhere)

Seattle
Olympia

Wisconsin (anywhere)

Illinois (anywhere)

Indiana (anywhere)

Michigan (anywhere)

Cleveland
Columbus

Philadelphia
Pittsburg

New York (Buffalo, NYC, or whever)

Vermont ?

Massachusetts (anywhere)

Richmond

Kansas

Denver

Phoenix

Las Vegas

LA
San Diego

mankvill
10-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Get back on Facebook so we can talk about this at length :mad:

larvtard
10-24-2011, 01:08 PM
:D Dude, I would so book you guys here! But not in the summer... :eyes: I'd book you in Atlanta, but, um, Atlanta's a lot bigger than Burlington.

Wizzbang11
10-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Get back on Facebook so we can talk about this at length :mad:

I'll get a hold of you through the Gorphyryac fb page, or just talk to you in Texas. I wouldn't want to actually set anything in stone until we have our trailer, so the actual 'booking' wouldn't occur for a month or two.

:D Dude, I would so book you guys here! But not in the summer... :eyes: I'd book you in Atlanta, but, um, Atlanta's a lot bigger than Burlington.

Does August count as summer? I realize it technically is but I don't know when you start school again...
If we went that far south I'd definitely appreciate that, but I don't think at this point we will be.

DethMaiden
10-24-2011, 01:20 PM
I can get you guys on an Indiana show no problem.

larvtard
10-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Does August count as summer? I realize it technically is but I don't know when you start school again...

End of August!

Nick_to_the_face
10-24-2011, 02:55 PM
If you guys wanna play with some black metal bands, I know a guy in a black metal band who can hook you guys up with some shows.

daimonos
10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
My band would love to play with you guys anywhere in the Eastern Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and West Virginia area. Most of our shows are around the Pittsburgh area, though. Get at me on facebook, if you know who I am :lol:

mankvill
10-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Dudes from Stonehaven said they could play a show with you here.

Nick_to_the_face
10-24-2011, 03:03 PM
Dudes from Stonehaven said they could play a show with you here.

But my black metal friends :C

christopher
10-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Well I know some guys who book shows, but they currently lost their venue, so I don't know what they are up to at the moment. If anything, you should hit up Hate War Productions for you Los Angeles show. They take care of all the bands that come through our area that sound like your band.

RAZOR
10-25-2011, 08:24 AM
Pittsburgh* ;)

I don't know the first thing about booking shows, but if you played here I'd be there in a heartbeat.

John The Drummer
10-25-2011, 12:18 PM
I strongly recommend looking into your local NYDM group. They are located in just about every state and strive to help bands on tours. The WADM group here in Washington (durp, of course) have done so much for my band. Check it out.

daimonos
10-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Pittsburgh* ;)

I don't know the first thing about booking shows, but if you played here I'd be there in a heartbeat.

I got him covered, don't worry ;)

Wizzbang11
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
I strongly recommend looking into your local NYDM group. They are located in just about every state and strive to help bands on tours. The WADM group here in Washington (durp, of course) have done so much for my band. Check it out.

Will do!

Pittsburgh* ;)

Awww how sweet

I got him covered, don't worry ;)

Sick witted

dcmetal108
10-25-2011, 02:27 PM
In IL I can hook you up with my friend who runs a booking company.