PDA

View Full Version : Warbringer -- Albany, NY -- October 19th, 2011

sarsip
10-22-2011, 05:13 AM
Bogie's in Albany is a pretty cool place. As a matter of fact, a great place for a metal show!

All of the opening bands were great! I missed the local opener, but Diamond Plate, Landmine Marathon, and Lazarus A.D. sounded fabulous! I don't have full sets for them. However, I bought Lazarus' albums so next time I will be prepared.

Warbringer continues to ascend to one of my all time favorite bands. Even during times when the full band wasn't present, they never disappointed. Here's the set-

Living Weapon
Severed Reality
Shoot To Kill
Shattered Like Glass
Senseless Life :eek: :rocker::drool:
Echoes From The Void
(We are the ) Road Crew:light:
Combat Shock
Demonic Ecstasy:rocker::rocker:
Living In a Whirlwind
Total War

Encore-
Enemies of the State

One of my favorite shows of the year! They used us as guinea pigs to perform Road Crew and Echoes. They sounded great! I really loved this show! Can't wait to see them again!!

Great merch!! The selection and prices were right!!

makethemsuffer12
10-22-2011, 05:45 AM
My friend was at this show. Said there was like only 14 people there.

larvtard
10-22-2011, 06:11 AM
Sarsip, you went to this? I was trying to find a ride to this show... :(

Spiner202
10-22-2011, 06:46 AM
That is a godly setlist! Maybe the best Warbringer one I've ever seen! I'm so very jealous that you got Senseless Life (and that you got to see them :P)

sarsip
10-22-2011, 07:41 AM
If you are looking for a ride to shows you need to ask. There was room.

And there was 25 people there. Warbringer gave 100%!

larvtard
10-22-2011, 08:03 AM
If you are looking for a ride to shows you need to ask. There was room.

And there was 25 people there. Warbringer gave 100%!

All right man, I will ask in the future! What are your upcoming shows?

Grimjaw_Kurosaki
10-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Great merch!! The selection and prices were right!!

How much was the merch?

jd091
10-22-2011, 09:42 AM
and prices were right!!

http://fuckhls.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/bobbarker11.jpg

hellawaits77ny
10-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Not to be a dick, but you like Bogie's? THey definately get some good bands, but it's a fucking dump w/ awful lights. Just my opinion, though.

ThrashManiac
10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
kinda surprised they aren't playing Savagery live, or at least i didn't see any set where they played it. Strongest track on the album imo.

nice set overall, if anything i'd change shoot to kill for Systematic Genocide.

mankvill
10-22-2011, 01:09 PM
WAR

TO END

ALL

WARS

etc.

I would kill to have them play Future Ages Gone at my date.

Spiner202
10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
kinda surprised they aren't playing Savagery live, or at least i didn't see any set where they played it. Strongest track on the album imo.

nice set overall, if anything i'd change shoot to kill for Systematic Genocide.

They've played it at least once. From what I read, they basically just let people shout out the songs they want, but I imagine they'll always play Total War, Combat shock, Jackal, and Living Weapon.

Edit: Apparently there was no Jackal at this date. :/

sarsip
10-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I like Bogie's because it is dirty, grimy, and foul stenched. I am not sure if I can articulate my reasons, but I prefer to go to shitholes for metal shows. For some reason the atmosphere suits metal. I don't think you are an asshole at all. To each his own. Ask Montrealers about Foufones.

Merch-

T-shirts- $20
Cd's $10-$15
Koosies(Fuck Yea!)- $4-$5
Dog tag bottle openers- $5
Warbringer lighter/bottle openers- $2 I already had one.

Simply, very reasonably priced schwag!

My upcoming shows at this point-

Anthrax 11/08
Hank III- 11/21
Red Fang- 11/22
Judas Priest- thanksgiving
Toxic Holocaust/Havok- February

sarsip
10-22-2011, 03:58 PM
No Jackal for our date. I have seen them play it a few times so no big deal. They are doing an excellent job mixing the set! I was really hoping for Abandoned by Time or Forgotten Dead.

hellawaits77ny
10-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I like Bogie's because it is dirty, grimy, and foul stenched. I am not sure if I can articulate my reasons, but I prefer to go to shitholes for metal shows. For some reason the atmosphere suits metal. I don't think you are an asshole at all. To each his own. Ask Montrealers about Foufones.

Merch-

T-shirts- $20
Cd's $10-$15
Koosies(Fuck Yea!)- $4-$5
Dog tag bottle openers- $5
Warbringer lighter/bottle openers- $2 I already had one.

Simply, very reasonably priced schwag!

My upcoming shows at this point-

Anthrax 11/08
Hank III- 11/21
Red Fang- 11/22
Judas Priest- thanksgiving
Toxic Holocaust/Havok- February

LOL, I love Foufounes!

larvtard
10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I like Bogie's because it is dirty, grimy, and foul stenched. I am not sure if I can articulate my reasons, but I prefer to go to shitholes for metal shows. For some reason the atmosphere suits metal.

I know exactly what you mean, man. Always preferred shitholes.

Also, I may hit you up about that Anthrax date later!

hellawaits77ny
10-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Naw Man, I know what you mean. I don't dislike Bogie's at all. It's just that I usually film concerts and it's an awful venue for filming. The lighting and audio always suck in my camera. And they turn out good-very good at most other venues. BUT, I still do enjoy going to shows there.

sarsip
10-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I agree about Bogie's being a really poor venue for filming. I took a picture of my friend and John Kevill, and it looked like shit. Too dark.