PDA

View Full Version : Overkill Spring U.S. Tour

GarageMetal468
10-19-2011, 01:51 PM
Overkill will do their 2nd Killfest tour in April- May 2012. Along for the ride this time will be support bands Belphegor, Aborted, Blackguard, System Divide, and Diamond Plate. The tour , which will be limited to the dates below, will also have VIP pre-show meet & greet tickets available for each date, including early entry. Tickets available at http://www.enterthevault.com

April

20 Phila , PA The Trocadero

22 Syracuse, NY Lost Horizon

23 Columbus,OH Screamin Willies

24 Detroit, MI Blondies

25 Chicago,IL Bottom Lounge

26 Kansas City,MO Beaumont Club

27 Denver,CO Bluebird Theater

28 SLC,UT The Complex

30 Seattle,WA El Corazon

May

1 Portland,OR Hawthorne Theater

2 SF,CA Grand Ballroom

3 LA,CA Club Nokia

5 Austin,TX Emos East

6 Dallas,TX Trees

8 Orlando,FL The Club At Firestone

9 Ft Laud,FL Culture Room

10 Atlanta,GA Masquerade

11 Springfield , VA Jaxx

12 NYC,NY Best Buy Theater (with Special Guest DRI)

I'm going to be honest here, I really don't give a shit about any of the bands except Overkill and Aborted. Mainly because Overkill live is :drool: and I haven't seen Aborted yet, but from what I hear they are also :drool:

christopher
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
Damn this is going to be such an awesome tour!! I wish it was somewhere else instead of Club Nokia though..

GarageMetal468
10-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Damn this is going to be such an awesome tour!! I wish it was somewhere else instead of Club Nokia though..

Yeah the Bottom Lounge in Chicago kinda blows, especially since if you're under 21 they automatically assume you're doing lines of coke off the sidewalk outside the venue, so you can't leave. Then again, the last Killfest was at the Metro which I hear isn't any better.

If Aborted is really the 3rd to last band, I will more than likely show up late to catch them first, then Belphegor and then Overkill.

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm going to be honest here, I really don't give a shit about any of the bands except Overkill and Aborted. Mainly because Overkill live is :drool: and I haven't seen Aborted yet, but from what I hear they are also :drool:

You know the vocalist from Aborted is also in System Divide, right?

They pretty much suck though.

GarageMetal468
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
You know the vocalist from Aborted is also in System Divide, right?

They pretty much suck though.

I know that and really have no interest in looking into them to begin with. But if you say they suck then that doesn't make me want to even more haha

Actually just looked up to see what they play: Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore

No thanks!

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I know that and really have no interest in looking into them to begin with. But if you say they suck then that doesn't make me want to even more haha

Actually just looked up to see what they play: Melodic Death Metal/Metalcore

No thanks!

They actually have quite a bit of Fear Factory influence. I enjoyed their debut EP the first couple spins, but it got old fast and the full-length was really disappointing. Too much repetetive, generic nu-metal/core crap.

Belphegor on the other hand... have you seen them live yet? Fucking great IMO.

I would love to go see this tour but it isn't stopping near me.

GarageMetal468
10-19-2011, 02:15 PM
They actually have quite a bit of Fear Factory influence. I enjoyed their debut EP the first couple spins, but it got old fast and the full-length was really disappointing. Too much repetetive, generic nu-metal/core crap.

Belphegor on the other hand... have you seen them live yet? Fucking great IMO.

I would love to go see this tour but it isn't stopping near me.

Seen them twice now, they're probably gonna be pulling the same set list they did when I saw them both times. Not really excited for them as much as Overkill or Aborted.

treghet
10-19-2011, 02:25 PM
I really want to see Overkill, but this tour has way too many bands (as did the last one). It doesn't help that the only support I care about is Aborted, who won't even get to play that long.

ravenheart
10-19-2011, 02:28 PM
What the fuck is that bill?

Damn, we really do get the better end of the Killfest deal here.

I don't know if we're getting a Killfest next year, but I would assume we are, and I hope it looks nothing like this.

GarageMetal468
10-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Damn, we really do get the better end of the Killfest deal here.

Europe getting better shows than America? No way!

treghet
10-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Pretty much. It's like they just randomly picked bands out of a hat.

ravenheart
10-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Europe getting better shows than America? No way!

Most of the time it doesn't happen. But with Killfest we seem to consistently win.

treghet
10-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Most of the time it doesn't happen. But with Killfest we seem to consistently win.

How about Thrashfest? Yeah. :bigfinger

makethemsuffer12
10-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Don't really give a shit about the rest of the bill, but I will hopefully be there for Overkill.

BloodoftheKings
10-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Don't really give a shit about the rest of the bill, but I will hopefully be there for Overkill.

Dude, D.R.I.

makethemsuffer12
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Dude, D.R.I.

Never really listened to them.

AnataFan4Life
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
D.R.I. should be on the whole tour.

mankvill
10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
26 Kansas City,MO Beaumont Club

<fonzy>

YES OH MY GOD FUCKING HOLY SHIT OH FUCK YES YES EYSE YES OH MY GOD YESSSSS

</fonzy>

mankvill
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Now that I've wiped the jizz off my keyboard:

Belphegor, Aborted and Diamond Plate rule.

Blackguard is dumb.

System Divide is one of the most boring bands I've ever seen.

But holy shit, Overkill. They've been near the top of my "to see" list for so long now.

NecroRob
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Will definitely be hitting this up. Aborted is one of those bands I need to see live, Belphegor is good, and Overkill kicked ass on the last Killfest.

Nater
10-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I think I am gonna base my trip to NY around the may Best Buy Theater show.

jd091
10-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Yeah the Bottom Lounge in Chicago kinda blows

4 words for you:

CROWD SURFING
STAGE DIVES

So you should rescind your statements. ;) Anyway, Overkill+Aborted+Diamond Plate is fucking great. Blackguard is... well, they're always somewhat fun. Will definitely try and hit this one up.

xStructualDefect
10-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Belohegor has to be one of the most boring bands I've ever seen. Never saw the appeal in them. Overkill would be cool to see but I doubt I'll go to this.

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Belohegor has to be one of the most boring bands I've ever seen. Never saw the appeal in them. Overkill would be cool to see but I doubt I'll go to this.

I thought Belphegor was fucking awesome the one time I saw them, and I'm not a huge fan or even very particular to their style.

Blackguard, on the other hand, is the only reason I'm glad this isn't coming to AZ.

They've played here six thousand times in the past three years.

THEY'RE FUCKING LOCAL EVERYWHERE THEY GO.

DementedX14
10-19-2011, 05:59 PM

This.

Spiner202
10-19-2011, 05:59 PM
No Toronto date?

I decided not to see Overkill in 2008 and I'm still regretting. They've come back since, but I somehow haven't made it out to see them.

It would also be nice to see Diamond Plate and Blackguard, but I guess I'll be missing out on this tour :(

BlackmoreOfBowling
10-19-2011, 09:37 PM
4 words for you:

THIS ROUND'S
ON ME

Fixed. /lolblackguard

Epidemic Reign
10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Fixed. /lolblackguard

:hmm:

OraclesofAgony
10-19-2011, 11:39 PM

UGHH, I fucking hate Club Nokia. Their pit policy is bullshit. I might have to endure that shit venue at least one more time though because this is a kick ass lineup (Overkill/Belphegor/Aborted at least).

treghet
10-19-2011, 11:43 PM
UGHH, I fucking hate Club Nokia. Their pit policy is bullshit. I might have to endure that shit venue at least one more time though because this is a kick ass lineup.

Do they give out wristbands to get in the pit? Or do you mean they kick out people for moshing / crowd surfing?

OraclesofAgony
10-19-2011, 11:47 PM
Do they give out wristbands to get in the pit? Or do you mean they kick out people for moshing / crowd surfing?

Wristbands. My friend and I had to come late for Arch Enemy the other week and almost weren't able to get into the pit because of that. We found some people who were willing to give us their wristbands though. That's the first venue I've ever been to that does something like that (Besides venues with tiered ticket prices/pit tickets of course).

Somebody there was telling me that the Wiltern also does it too, but I've never been there.

I'm not sure how they feel about crowd surfing because there wasnt really that much of it at that show, there was a lot of moshing though.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:13 AM
Wristbands. My friend and I had to come late for Arch Enemy the other week and almost weren't able to get into the pit because of that. We found some people who were willing to give us their wristbands though. That's the first venue I've ever been to that does something like that (Besides venues with tiered ticket prices/pit tickets of course).

Somebody there was telling me that the Wiltern also does it too, but I've never been there.

I'm not sure how they feel about crowd surfing because there wasnt really that much of it at that show, there was a lot of moshing though.

I feel embarrassed to go back to Club Nokia after being way too drunk at the last Cradle of Filth show there. There was no pit policy at the time, so anyone was able to go as they pleased, as if it was any normal venue. I had too many rum and red bulls, so I was pumped. I normally try to avoid the pit if I can and enjoy the show. When I get too drunk, I tend to try to dominate the pit and that doesn't work for a guy of my size. By then end of the show, I was literally running around shirtless in the pit :lol:

Yeah the Wiltern and the Fox Theater have that bullshit policy. I hate Club Nokia has that too:bouville:

OraclesofAgony
10-20-2011, 12:21 AM
I feel embarrassed to go back to Club Nokia after being way too drunk at the last Cradle of Filth show there. There was no pit policy at the time, so anyone was able to go as they pleased, as if it was any normal venue. I had too many rum and red bulls, so I was pumped. I normally try to avoid the pit if I can and enjoy the show. When I get too drunk, I tend to try to dominate the pit and that doesn't work for a guy of my size. By then end of the show, I was literally running around shirtless in the pit :lol:

Yeah the Wiltern and the Fox Theater have that bullshit policy. I hate Club Nokia has that too:bouville:

Fox Theater just does like a quota or something then right? They didn't pass out wrist bands when I saw Mastodon there and I don't remember them closing off the pit.

But I do remember them closing off the pit for Scion Rock Fest. Those are the only two times I've seen shows there, I'll be going there this Friday though for Opeth/Katatonia.

At least the Fox Theater is close though (for me) and there's free parking.

treghet
10-20-2011, 12:26 AM

Were you in the pit for Morbid Angel at the Fox? They were letting people in the pit one by one, but only on one side. My friend and I ran over there and were pretty lucky to get in. Also, when Obituary was playing a bunch of people trampled one of the staff to get into the pit, but I didn't see it.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:29 AM
Fox Theater just does like a quota or something then right? They didn't pass out wrist bands when I saw Mastodon there and I don't remember them closing off the pit.

But I do remember them closing off the pit for Scion Rock Fest. Those are the only two times I've seen shows there, I'll be going there this Friday though for Opeth/Katatonia.

At least the Fox Theater is close though (for me) and there's free parking.

I don't really know what they do for sure. I saw Manson there in 2009 and there was nothing mentioned about needing pit wrist bands. I went again for MGMT in July of 2010 and they weren't going to let my friend and I into the pit, then a few girls left and we were let in. I went a few months later to see Brandon Flowers and they were handing out wrist bands so you could get into the pit. I'm not sure how I scored pit wrist bands for that with my balcony tickets, but I was up in the very front haha. I went to see Circa Survive last week there and I saw people with pit wrist bands on, so it might be that way for Opeth. I do love the free parking there :D hmm I have Friday night off, I may meet you there. Are you going to pregame the show?? If anything, I can go have some beers with you before the show haha

OraclesofAgony
10-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Were you in the pit for Morbid Angel at the Fox? They were letting people in the pit one by one, but only on one side. My friend and I ran over there and were pretty lucky to get in. Also, when Obituary was playing a bunch of people trampled one of the staff to get into the pit, but I didn't see it.

The moment Immolation finished I ran to the Fox. I got in there like 20 minutes or more before Obituary started. And yeah I was gonna mention that. I didn't actually see it either.

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:32 AM

No no, I was as far away from the pit as possible. I had a cracked rib at the Scion show. I was getting drunk up on the balcony. I actually told a bar tender I had a cracked rib in order to get a stronger drink :lol:...

OraclesofAgony
10-20-2011, 12:35 AM
I don't really know what they do for sure. I saw Manson there in 2009 and there was nothing mentioned about needing pit wrist bands. I went again for MGMT in July of 2010 and they weren't going to let my friend and I into the pit, then a few girls left and we were let in. I went a few months later to see Brandon Flowers and they were handing out wrist bands so you could get into the pit. I'm not sure how I scored pit wrist bands for that with my balcony tickets, but I was up in the very front haha. I went to see Circa Survive last week there and I saw people with pit wrist bands on, so it might be that way for Opeth. I do love the free parking there :D hmm I have Friday night off, I may meet you there. Are you going to pregame the show?? If anything, I can go have some beers with you before the show haha

Not sure. :tongue: I'm going with my friend. I wouldn't mind having some beers before the show though haha.

treghet
10-20-2011, 12:47 AM
The moment Immolation finished I ran to the Fox. I got in there like 20 minutes or more before Obituary started. And yeah I was gonna mention that. I didn't actually see it either.

Yeah I did the same thing. Except my friend didn't want to go in the pit (he doesn't really like metal, he was just giving me a ride), so I told him we were going in for Morbid Angel for sure. I was happy we ran over there though, because I heard after Obituary started they pretty much stopped letting people in for the night because it was over capacity.

No no, I was as far away from the pit as possible. I had a cracked rib at the Scion show. I was getting drunk up on the balcony. I actually told a bar tender I had a cracked rib in order to get a stronger drink :lol:...

Oh, yeah I remember you posting about that now. I'll be at the Opeth show as well. You should hit up Immolation if you're not busy!

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:51 AM
Oh, yeah I remember you posting about that now. I'll be at the Opeth show as well. You should hit up Immolation if you're not busy!

There are too many fucking shows going on this weekend!! Judas Priest, Anthrax, Immolation and Social Distortion. I have tickets to take my lady friend to SD.

treghet
10-20-2011, 12:52 AM
There are too many fucking shows going on this weekend!! Judas Priest, Anthrax, Immolation and Social Distortion. I have tickets to take my lady friend to SD.

Yeah. And Royksopp, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who likes them. :lol:

christopher
10-20-2011, 12:55 AM
Yeah. And Royksopp, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person here who likes them. :lol:

I'm going to have to agree with you cause I have no idea who the hell that is, but they sound fun to enunciate haha. What type of music?

treghet
10-20-2011, 12:59 AM
I'm going to have to agree with you cause I have no idea who the hell that is, but they sound fun to enunciate haha. What type of music?

Basically downtempo / ambient. One of their albums is more like pop / electronica though. This is from their newest one, which is more ambient. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iww8nxPrsWQ

Nice stuff to relax to.

OraclesofAgony
10-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Yeah I did the same thing. Except my friend didn't want to go in the pit (he doesn't really like metal, he was just giving me a ride), so I told him we were going in for Morbid Angel for sure. I was happy we ran over there though, because I heard after Obituary started they pretty much stopped letting people in for the night because it was over capacity.

Yeah my friend who gave me a ride stayed for Death Angel because he doesn't care for Obituary, and he was stuck in line when they stopped letting people in. He had to wait for me to get out.

ravenheart
10-20-2011, 02:00 AM
How about Thrashfest? Yeah. :bigfinger

Awesome last year, shit this year. What's your point?

smearCampaign
10-20-2011, 07:20 AM
5 Austin,TX Emos East

I know what I'm doing for Cinco de Mayo! :party:

Royksopp is great. Really good chill music.

ShatteredFlame
10-20-2011, 07:48 AM
Basically downtempo / ambient. One of their albums is more like pop / electronica though. This is from their newest one, which is more ambient. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iww8nxPrsWQ

Nice stuff to relax to.

Remind Me is a great song

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
You Royksopp people need to check out my Zombi thread ;)

DethMaiden
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Well, I'll be graduated halfway through this tour, so I'm going to sit in the corner and rock in the fetal position now.

mankvill
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/298793_10150362212344871_313553829870_7935310_1821 518438_n.jpg

this is actually happening! :drool:

Epidemic Reign
10-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Really hoping they book Tempe on May 4th.

John The Drummer
10-20-2011, 03:48 PM
OMFG BLACKGUARD AND BELPHEGOR!!!!!1!1111!!11!!!111!!!!!
THEY NEVER TOUR TOUR OMG OMGOM GOMGO MGO MOGMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

:tpaper::cowboy:

hellawaits77ny
10-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Cool tour, but nothing close to me. Bummer. Might make a road trip. As someone already said, it's great to see a solid tour in North America!

christopher
10-20-2011, 07:40 PM
OMFG BLACKGUARD AND BELPHEGOR!!!!!1!1111!!11!!!111!!!!!
THEY NEVER TOUR TOUR OMG OMGOM GOMGO MGO MOGMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!

:tpaper::cowboy:

It sucks Belphegor started touring the US frequently right after I stopped caring for them. Goatreich was such an amazing album and they went to shit after. Well Pestapokalypse was alright, but the newest three albums sucked :(

OraclesofAgony
10-20-2011, 08:13 PM
It sucks Belphegor started touring the US frequently right after I stopped caring for them. Goatreich was such an amazing album and they went to shit after. Well Pestapokalypse was alright, but the newest three albums sucked :(

Walpurgis Rites is pretty meh. (Except for the song Veneratio Diaboli, which is amazing). But I like Blood Magick Necromance a lot.

coltongsmith
10-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Guitarist/vocalist Helmuth Lehner of the Austrian blackened death metal outfit BELPHEGOR underwent "a serious and difficult" operation 16 days ago, shortly after the group completed its South American tour. As a result, all of the band's previously announced shows between now and May 2012 have been canceled.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164979

This is the third time that belphegor is canceling on me:hmm:

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 05:12 AM
Well Pestapokalypse was alright, but the newest three albums sucked :(

Nat says you suck.

Epidemic Reign
10-21-2011, 05:19 AM
Me too :hmm: but if colton's sources are correct, it seems Belphegor won't be anyone's problem.

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 05:23 AM
That story is correct. The press release went out from Nuclear Blast this morning.

Nater
10-21-2011, 07:29 AM
I've seen Bephelagor no less then 4 times. They arn't great but they arn't terrible to me. I've only seen Blackguard once but they seem to be filling the void Warbringer left when they stopped jumping on every tour they could get on.

dcmetal108
10-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I might go. Would like to see Overkill and knowing that Bottom Lounge has no rules makes me think that could be a crazy show.

El Gordo
10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
I might go. Would like to see Overkill and knowing that Bottom Lounge has no rules makes me think that could be a crazy show.

Dude. Get off the fence. Overkill live is not to be missed. Serious.

dcmetal108
10-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Well the shows not till April so I'll have to see whats going on then.

El Gordo
10-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Well the shows not till April so I'll have to see whats going on then.

Unacceptable!

:eyes:

:rocker:

mankvill
10-28-2011, 10:13 AM
The promoter on Facebook just changed my date from:

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Blackguard
System Divide
Diamond Plate

To:

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Suidakra
System Divide
Diamond Plate

:D

GarageMetal468
10-28-2011, 10:50 AM

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Blackguard
System Divide
Diamond Plate

To:

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Suidakra
System Divide
Diamond Plate

.... please let it be the whole tour! But I guess they haven't found a replacement for Belphegor yet.

orlandodavis
10-28-2011, 08:19 PM

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Blackguard
System Divide
Diamond Plate

To:

Overkill
Belphegor
Aborted
Suidakra
System Divide
Diamond Plate

THIS ROUND'S ON ME!:shred:

mankvill
10-28-2011, 08:44 PM
THIS ROUND'S ON ME!:shred:

...no, you see, Blackguard got taken off! :lol:

300%_Density
10-28-2011, 08:57 PM
...no, you see, Blackguard got taken off! :lol:

This news is worthy of a Ric Flair woooooooooo!!!!

GWAR654
10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
5-5-2012 - Elmo's in Austin Texas

hope more dates!!!!

GWAR654
10-29-2011, 08:49 AM
We have to inform all friends and supporters of Death/ Black Metal titans BELPHEGOR that all activities are stopped since the end of September.

Frontman/ founding member, Helmuth Lehner went through a serious and difficult operation 16 days ago, after the South American tour. As result of this, BELPHEGOR has to cancel all shows until May 2012.

Thanks for all your support and understanding.
We will keep you up to date on his condition in the following weeks.

http://www.belphegor.at/news.htm

kommie
10-29-2011, 08:50 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18376&

brutal_descent
10-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Old news.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18376

GWAR654
10-29-2011, 08:51 AM
fail......

brutal_descent
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Old news.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=18356

GWAR654
10-29-2011, 08:52 AM
WTF!!! 2 FAILS IN A ROW!

AnataFan4Life
12-09-2011, 06:32 AM
Aborted appear to be doing a headlining off date.

April 19th - Richmond, VA @ The Kingdom

hellawaits77ny
12-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Aborted appear to be doing a headlining off date.

April 19th - Richmond, VA @ The Kingdom

Cool. Wish they would do a few more. I love those guys, and this tour doesn't come within 4 hours of me.

mastodon421
01-31-2012, 07:07 PM
Aborted and System Divide have dropped off the tour. Jesus Christ is there any one left on this package besides Overkill and Diamond Plate?

GarageMetal468
01-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Aborted and System Divide have dropped off the tour. Jesus Christ is there any one left on this package besides Overkill and Diamond Plate?

Well, that's $30 saved and one less April show to go to.

Nater
01-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Are they off NEMHF? I won't even bother driving down if that leaves 3 bands that I would watch.

mankvill
01-31-2012, 07:15 PM

I'm totally fine with them dropping off. Kinda sucks no Aborted, but they'll be here on that Origin tour.

So right now, the tour lineup is:

Overkill
Belphegor (at least for my show)
Suidakra
Diamond Plate

I AM 100% MORE THAN OKAY WITH THIS :D :whee:

treghet
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
I was really looking forward to Aborted. :(

mastodon421
02-01-2012, 03:49 AM
Are they off NEMHF? I won't even bother driving down if that leaves 3 bands that I would watch.

Since they were going to be there with the Overkill tour, I would assume so. I am pretty sad Aborted dropped off, they were the only band I liked on the whole package, but thankfully there is enough good bands on NEMHF to fill the void.

gilpdawg
02-01-2012, 04:17 AM

Overkill is all you need.:rocker:

treghet
02-01-2012, 01:52 PM
I am pretty sad Aborted dropped off, they were the only band I liked on the whole package

:axe:

mankvill
02-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I am pretty sad Aborted dropped off, they were the only band I liked on the whole package

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/022011/spongebob-gif-spengbab-o.gif

mastodon421
02-01-2012, 05:09 PM
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/022011/spongebob-gif-spengbab-o.gif

Besides Overkill, that was my bad making it sound like I don't like them. Belphegor and Diamond Plate are really meh imo, never listened to Sudikara before so I can't comment on them.

electrocute1031
02-02-2012, 08:08 PM
For anyone that doesn't know Suidakra. Extremely excited to see them personally.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjzCOcRqY1I&feature=related

smearCampaign
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
According to EnterTheVault.com (http://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=40) it looks like Belphegor is officially off this and God Forbid is the direct support band. Ugh.

GarageMetal468
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
According to EnterTheVault.com (http://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=40) it looks like Belphegor is officially off this and God Forbid is the direct support band. Ugh.

:LOLFC:

treghet
02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Seriously? :barf:

kalfitegrdan
02-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Ew. I already decided not to go after Aborted dropped off because as much as I love Overkill, I couldn't afford to miss work for just them, but after hearing this I am feeling a lot better with that decision.

mankvill
02-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Barf. The other bands, especially Overkill, make this tour still a must-see for me, but I'm sick of God Forbid.

treghet
02-10-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm considering skipping this show now. With Aborted dropping off and now God Forbid taking Belphegor's place this really doesn't seem like it will be worth it, especially considering it's at an overpriced venue that only lets people in the pit if they get there early enough to get wristbands. I think I'll wait to see Overkill with better support and at a venue I like.

OraclesofAgony
02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm considering skipping this show now. With Aborted dropping off and now God Forbid taking Belphegor's place this really doesn't seem like it will be worth it, especially considering it's at an overpriced venue that only lets people in the pit if they get there early enough to get wristbands. I think I'll wait to see Overkill with better support and at a venue I like.

Yeah fuck Club Nokia. I already didn't want to go since it was at that venue. Now with no decent support I'm definitely not going.

Maideneer
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
At least I know I can go really late now. D.R.I. is actually the direct support for my show, so even though I don't like them, the crowd will be fun to watch.

makethemsuffer12
02-11-2012, 05:05 AM
Idk, I think God Forbid's a great band. Much better than Belphegor if you ask me.

mastodon421
02-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Idk, I think God Forbid's a great band. Much better than Belphegor if you ask me.

This, Especially live.

OraclesofAgony
02-11-2012, 08:20 PM

Nope.

Epidemic Reign
02-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Nope.

Yep.

I mean...

Yep, nope.

jd091
02-11-2012, 08:41 PM

Holy shit, are you kidding me? I might actually consider going now! :lol: Fucking love God Forbid!

El Gordo
02-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Holy shit, are you kidding me? I might actually consider going now! :lol: Fucking love God Forbid!

You should have already been considering it because Overkill owns your face.

BloodoftheKings
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Fjk84.gif

makethemsuffer12
02-11-2012, 10:02 PM
God Forbid owns Belphegor though, seriously. They're one of the best metalcore bands and one of the few out of the whole "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" movement that can be catchy and melodic without sacrificing heaviness. Earthsblood has some pretty killer material if you ask me. Belphegor are just fucking lame, I'm sorry. Bondage Goat Zombie? You've got to be kidding me. A pretty boring live act as well.

OraclesofAgony
02-11-2012, 10:04 PM
Whatevs, Belphegor is better.

Pestapokalypse VI is better than anything God Forbid has done.

makethemsuffer12
02-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Belphegor's a fucking joke.

Epidemic Reign
02-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Belphegor kicks ass live and on record.

God Forbid is laughably bad, even by metalcore standards.

That's my :2cents: towards a debate that isn't going anywhere :)

MPF
02-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Say what you want about God Forbid. Gone Forever is one of the best Metalcore albums ever made.

But should be NOWHERE near this tour!

Epidemic Reign
02-11-2012, 10:36 PM

I don't think either of them really belong on a tour with Overkill. We shouldn't even be in a position to compare the two. WHAT THE HELL.

BloodoftheKings
02-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Belphegor's a fucking joke.

I wanted to say this but I was afraid of being flamed. God Forbid and Belphegor both suck pretty bad but who cares about support, it's fucking Overkill. And D.R.I. is playing my date so no shitty band could possibly ruin the show.

anomynous
02-11-2012, 11:34 PM
Um....since when is God Forbid metalcore?

treghet
02-12-2012, 12:31 AM
Um....since when is God Forbid metalcore?

Since always.

WOLVERINEKILLS
02-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Say what you want about God Forbid. Gone Forever is one of the best Metalcore albums ever made.

Gone Forever is bad ass. God Forbid is the best of the NWOAHM.

treghet
02-12-2012, 03:03 AM
On a side note, the term New Wave of American Heavy Metal really doesn't make sense to me. The bands associated with it sound nothing alike and have nothing to do with heavy metal. It's not a movement, it's just a blanket term for '00s bands that gained a large following.

Maidenmagic
02-12-2012, 05:22 AM
100 percent Agree!

mastodon421
02-12-2012, 06:48 AM
God Forbid owns Belphegor though, seriously. They're one of the best metalcore bands and one of the few out of the whole "New Wave of American Heavy Metal" movement that can be catchy and melodic without sacrificing heaviness. Earthsblood has some pretty killer material if you ask me. Belphegor are just fucking lame, I'm sorry. Bondage Goat Zombie? You've got to be kidding me. A pretty boring live act as well.

All of this. When I saw Belphegor on the Kreator/Exodus tour a couple of years ago, they were a god damn snore and they were so out of place. God Forbid is awesome though and I'm stoked they got added to this tour. Their live shows are great and they actually fit in a LOT better than Bephegor on this bill.

makethemsuffer12
02-12-2012, 07:31 AM
All of this. When I saw Belphegor on the Kreator/Exodus tour a couple of years ago, they were a god damn snore and they were so out of place. God Forbid is awesome though and I'm stoked they got added to this tour. Their live shows are great and they actually fit in a LOT better than Bephegor on this bill.

Exactly. Idk, I just don't get the God Forbid hate. I can't imagine someone listening to "Chains of Humanity" and going "wow, this straight up sucks".

On that matter too, I just want to point out that I don't really think Belphegor sucks, just nothing to write home about. A little hard to take them seriously, too.

mastodon421
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Exactly. Idk, I just don't get the God Forbid hate. I can't imagine someone listening to "Chains of Humanity" and going "wow, this straight up sucks".

On that matter too, I just want to point out that I don't really think Belphegor sucks, just nothing to write home about. A little hard to take them seriously, too.

Same. Belphegor isn't a terrible band, they just take themselves way too seriously and try so hard to be "evil" that it almost seems like they are a parody band.

jd091
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Fjk84.gif

:lol:

gilpdawg
02-12-2012, 09:37 AM
I don't give a shit if they are playing with Attack Attack and the Biebs, it's fucking OVERKILL. Still going.

El Gordo
02-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I don't give a shit if they are playing with Attack Attack and the Biebs, it's fucking OVERKILL. Still going.

This. Especially given their age and Blitz's unfortunate smoking habit, any tour could be their last. Overkill are not a band to be missed.

mankvill
02-12-2012, 11:27 AM
This. Especially given their age and Blitz's unfortunate smoking habit, any tour could be their last. Overkill are not a band to be missed.

Blitz is the most ripped musician I think I've ever seen. I think he's earned a smoking habit :lol:

stylesclash516
02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Blitz is the most ripped musician I think I've ever seen.

Actually...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4359809911_399324fbfe.jpg

jd091
02-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Actually...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4022/4359809911_399324fbfe.jpg

Actually...

http://www.thestranger.com/binary/84a2/1262301242-harms_way.jpg

http://www.hellbound.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/harmsway2.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgut6afk0b1qbt93ko1_500.jpg

anomynous
02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Since always.

Don't hear it.

When I think of God Forbid, I don't think of metalcore.

treghet
02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't hear it.

When I think of God Forbid, I don't think of metalcore.

They play a style of metalcore similar to As I Lay Dying, which uses thrash metal influences.

treghet
02-12-2012, 02:00 PM

At my date a single GA floor ticket is $81.50 with charges.

OraclesofAgony
02-12-2012, 02:03 PM

And the venue is one of the worst venues around. I fucking despise that venue.

El Gordo
02-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Holy shit. That's excessive.

El Gordo
02-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Actually...

Pictures of ripped hardcore dudes

I don't know who those guys are, but I can only assume they're no older than 30. This guy:

http://hardrockhideout.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/bobbyblitzellsworth.jpg?w=497

is 52. I can only pray to look that good at his age.

That said, even with his obvious physical fitness, the smoking will catch up with him at some point. It's inevitable.

mastodon421
02-12-2012, 02:22 PM

Holy shit, that is nothing short of insane. They are playing a god damn festival here (a 13 hour one no less!) and it's only $54 after fees.

anomynous
02-12-2012, 02:57 PM
They play a style of metalcore similar to As I Lay Dying, which uses thrash metal influences.

Eh, I guess.

I'm not a huge fan of God Forbid or anything, but I like them.

ravenheart
02-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Actually...

http://www.thestranger.com/binary/84a2/1262301242-harms_way.jpg

http://www.hellbound.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/harmsway2.jpg

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgut6afk0b1qbt93ko1_500.jpg

You're all wrong. The answer is Ralf Scheepers.

But yes, the most impressively ripped is Blitz because of his age.

On the tour note, I'm so glad Overkill and associated promoters in Europe always choose to put together tours that actually make sense. NA Overkill tour bills always suck balls.

brutal_descent
02-28-2012, 04:33 AM
Killfest has been replaced by the Electric Age tour featuring Overkill, Suidakra, God Forbid, and Diamond Plate.