PDA

View Full Version : TONY IOMMI to score three horror films

ravenheart
10-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Mentioned in an interview in one of the London newspapers this morning. He said he's got lots of ideas, but hasn't seen the films yet, and didn't name them.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Interesting. Hopefully he's given good material to work with.

ravenheart
10-17-2011, 06:10 AM
So long as it's a cool metal soundtrack, I don't think it really matters. It's Iommi, all of his riffs are awesome.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
So long as it's a cool metal soundtrack, I don't think it really matters. It's Iommi, all of his riffs are awesome.

True, but is it sure to be metal, or possibly a more traditional film score? I think that could be interesting. Though if it is indeed a metal score, then definitely, no worries here.

MetalIsArt
10-17-2011, 06:29 AM
True, but is it sure to be metal, or possibly a more traditional film score? I think that could be interesting. Though if it is indeed a metal score, then definitely, no worries here.

Probably RNB.

ravenheart
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Not that I doubt Tony's capabilities, but why ask Tony Iommi, of all people, to write a non-metal score?

I'm sure he could do it, he's just the complete antithesis of the person who should do it :lol:

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
I'd love to hear how evil he could make an orchestra sound, if that's what he may have in mind for the movies. If I'm honest, I'd rather the orchestra, as it'd be something really interesting and new from him that no one has ever really seen before!