PDA

View Full Version : Five Finger Death Punch -- San Francisco, CA -- October 16th, 2011

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 02:13 AM
From Setlist.fm - for anyone who cares.

FFDP

Under And Over It
Salvation
The Way of the Fist
American Capitalist
Never Enough
No One Gets Left Behind
Bad Company (Bad Company cover)
The Devil's Own
White Knuckles
Drum Solo
Far From Home
Bulletproof
Generation Dead
The Bleeding

Burn it Down

All That Remains

Hold On
Aggressive Opposition
Forever In Your Hands
Dead Wrong
This Calling
Some Of The People, All Of The Time
Now Let Them Tremble...
For We Are Many
The Last Time
Six
Two Weeks

Hatebreed

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Last Breath
As Diehard as They Come
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard

MPF
10-17-2011, 02:17 AM
Five Finger Donkey Punch

I love you!

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Five Finger Donkey Punch

:party:

MPF
10-17-2011, 02:28 AM
In related news, I'm premiering Five Finger Donkey Punch by This Will Not End Well in November on my radio show. So then everyone will now the Math Metal glory that is This Will Not End Well. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

To my knowledge it's the only copy out there, its a live bootleg from a soundboard when they opened for DRI back in 2009. They are opening fro them again in December. I'll do my best to make it to that show as well.

masterguy49
10-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm really digging that ATR set, all my favorite songs off the new album :D. On the other hand, I would really like to see at least one more song off The Fall of Ideals. Also that Hatebreed set is surprisingly short.

IrritatedTrout
10-17-2011, 03:36 AM
Not that I'm defending 5FDP but why bother to post the set if you clearly don't like the band and intentionally spell their name wrong?

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2011, 05:21 AM
Not that I'm defending 5FDP but why bother to post the set if you clearly don't like the band and intentionally spell their name wrong?

Because other people want to see the Hatebreed and All That Remains sets.

Sanitarium78
10-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Hatebreed is only doing 6 songs? Do they only got like 12 minutes of stage time?

When I saw Five Finger on that tour where Shodows Fall opened for them and completely blew them away, they only did like ten songs as the headliner. I hope busting out a lenghty 15 song set isn't too much for them to handle:lol:

jd091
10-17-2011, 06:30 AM

This. Not to mention that this needs to be sorted in the database, so fucking with the name isn't the smartest move. :( Sorry, man, I can't defend you this time.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 06:52 AM
This. Not to mention that this needs to be sorted in the database, so fucking with the name isn't the smartest move. :( Sorry, man, I can't defend you this time.

At least it's tagged correctly, I don't think there will be any database issues. One of the mods will probably change the title anyway.

Personally I thought it was great. The band is a joke and should be treated as such.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 06:59 AM

This is tagged correctly, therefore it's going to sorted correctly. Calm yo titties. ;)

makethemsuffer12
10-17-2011, 07:17 AM
It's a fucking embarrassment that Hatebreed has to open for either of these bands, and I like ATR.

IrritatedTrout
10-17-2011, 08:08 AM
The band is a joke and should be treated as such.

Can't argue with that.

jhdeity
10-17-2011, 08:11 AM
It's a fucking embarrassment that Hatebreed has to open for either of these bands, and I like ATR.

This and 25 fucking minutes makes it a total ploy to get diehard Hatebreed fans to pay $50 for a ticket.

I have a free ticket and will go for the ass but the odds of me staying for Donkey Punch is very slim.

I actually have a problem with ATR getting double the time Hatebreed does too. $20 says their next cd is total Hinder Vag shit like Donkey Punch

larvtard
10-17-2011, 08:19 AM
Because other people want to see the Hatebreed and All That Remains sets.

Somehow I doubt that's why Lincoln posted them.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
Somehow I doubt that's why Lincoln posted them.

Well, to be honest I kind of posted them for Arman since he was telling me about how he was going for Hatebreed and ATR.

x-voltage
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
This is like assholes who post on Blabbermouth and rip bands. If you don't like the bands don't visit their articles on Blabbermouth to just make fun of them. If you think people would want to just see Hatebreed and ATR's set just leave 5FDP out of it and call the post All That Remains. Oh and especially on Blabbermouth, the making fun of 5FDP's name by putting donkey or dick in it is so childish and has been done over 1000 times.

And Hatebreed's set is a joke, they should play at least 15 songs. All That Remains has to stop playing songs from their new shitty album (except for Dead Wrong and Some of the People) and stick to This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 08:39 AM
This is like assholes who post on Blabbermouth and rip bands. If you don't like the bands don't visit their articles on Blabbermouth to just make fun of them. If you think people would want to just see Hatebreed and ATR's set just leave 5FDP out of it and call the post All That Remains. Oh and especially on Blabbermouth, the making fun of 5FDP's name by putting donkey or dick in it is so childish and has been done over 1000 times.

And Hatebreed's set is a joke, they should play at least 15 songs. All That Remains has to stop playing songs from their new shitty album (except for Dead Wrong and Some of the People) and stick to This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals.

One on hand, I am ripping on these guys, but on the other, aren't I helping their fans find out what the tour setlist is going to be? ;)

I agree with you on both points - it's a fucking travesty that Hatebreed get that pinchful of set time, and to be honest, Dead Wrong, Hold On, Some of the People are the only songs I like on the new ATR.

Sanitarium78
10-17-2011, 09:01 AM

Honestly, Five Finger isn't a band to be taken seriously and the Donkey Punch thing has become somewhat of a meme around here. So all the OP was trying to do is to have everyone get a laugh out of a band that makes it so easy to be made fun of.

I mean they lyrics for their new single are just pathetic. The first album was good and the second was OK but they're going downhill fast.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Honestly, Five Finger isn't a band to be taken seriously and the Donkey Punch thing has become somewhat of a meme around here. So all the OP was trying to do is to have everyone get a laugh out of a band that makes it so easy to be made fun of.

I mean they lyrics for their new single are just pathetic. The first album was good and the second was OK but they're going downhill fast.

The only FFDP song that ever came close to being any good is War is the Answer.

Indestructible
10-17-2011, 09:10 AM
I mean they lyrics for their new single are just pathetic.

Some songs on the new album are more pathetic than Over and Under It, listen to The Pride and American Capitalist.

jd091
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Personally I thought it was great. The band is a joke and should be treated as such.

I dunno, maybe I'm a little butthurt. I'm no fan of radio rock, but I honestly liked 5FDP live. They were far from awful, and I think as a whole, they get way more shit than they deserve. They're far from "terrible" in my book, just average. So yeah. Elitist metal fans need to chill.

Or maybe it's kind of a reaction to this site as a whole. I've been here for a while now, and when this site is good, it's great. But it just pisses me off nowadays to see people bitching and moaning left and right every goddamn day that there exists bands that they don't like. Seems like the supreme sign of immaturity to me.

/rant

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 09:50 AM
The only FFDP song that ever came close to being any good is War is the Answer.

Nah, gotta agree the first album in its entirely isn't bad, it's cheesy tough guy metal, good working out music and good to get a laugh at a party. The guitar work on it is pretty dam good at times too.

On topic, Hatebreed and ATR = decent, but not worth the money for this package. I'd wait to get headlining sets from either band.

Nater
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
That ATR setlist saddens me with the overabundance of new stuff but I understand why they are playing it all but still they only have 2 off of The Fall of Ideals? After the next album comes out we will never hear This darkened Heart again.

Hatebreed needs a fucking longer setlist then that. God damn.

I enjoy FFDP the same way I enjoy Godsmack. Something I can put on occasionally and get a chuckle out of. I do like Godsmack more cause I grew up with them but shit I'll have fun with FFDP

dimmudan
10-17-2011, 10:15 AM
I personally cracked up big time at the FFDP title but agree for the sake of the purity of this site that I won't rag on bands I hate but rather avoid comment. It justs seems the mature thing to do.

Also, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one including me. The beauty of music is that bands I view as shitty sell hundreds of thousands of records and bands that I worship sell only hundreds of copies. As a result, I actually get to meet my heroes and be close at a concert and not pay $200 a ticket to sit on the upper level at a stadium. Sucks for my favorites bands as they deserve more $ but good for me as a fan.

I have also personally ripped several bands only to listen to them later and now view them as guilty pleasures/bands that I really think are good and have gotten a bad rap. (FFDP is not one of these bands but to be honest I have never even tried to listen to them and don't want to so shame on me)

Either way let's keep Metal Setlists focused on the positive and leave the bitching and opinions :party: to other chat boards.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I personally cracked up big time at the FFDP title but agree for the sake of the purity of this site that I won't rag on bands I hate but rather avoid comment. It justs seems the mature thing to do.

Also, opinions are like assholes and everyone has one including me. The beauty of music is that bands I view as shitty sell hundreds of thousands of records and bands that I worship sell only hundreds of copies. As a result, I actually get to meet my heroes and be close at a concert and not pay $200 a ticket to sit on the upper level at a stadium. Sucks for my favorites bands as they deserve more $ but good for me as a fan.

I have also personally ripped several bands only to listen to them later and now view them as guilty pleasures/bands that I really think are good and have gotten a bad rap. (FFDP is not one of these bands but to be honest I have never even tried to listen to them and don't want to so shame on me)

Either way let's keep Metal Setlists focused on the positive and leave the bitching and opinions :party: to other chat boards.

I'm totally for that, I just wanted to let loose for one time. :lol:

The_jman
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I dunno, maybe I'm a little butthurt. I'm no fan of radio rock, but I honestly liked 5FDP live. They were far from awful, and I think as a whole, they get way more shit than they deserve. They're far from "terrible" in my book, just average. So yeah. Elitist metal fans need to chill.

Or maybe it's kind of a reaction to this site as a whole. I've been here for a while now, and when this site is good, it's great. But it just pisses me off nowadays to see people bitching and moaning left and right every goddamn day that there exists bands that they don't like. Seems like the supreme sign of immaturity to me.

/rant
this....

on another note, I like both the ffdp and atr sets, atr's is predictable and needs more not alone or the air that I breathe at least, but I understand why they're playing what they are.

jd091
10-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Back on topic...

That's probably the worst Hatebreed set I've ever seen. :eyes:

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 10:50 AM
Back on topic...

That's probably the worst Hatebreed set I've ever seen. :eyes:

Rockstar Mayhem 2010:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Perseverance
To the Threshold
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
Proven
Last Breath
Doomsayer
Live for This
I Will Be Heard

Supporting FFDP:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Last Breath
As Diehard as They Come
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard

jd091
10-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Rockstar Mayhem 2010:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Perseverance
To the Threshold
Defeatist
Destroy Everything
Proven
Last Breath
Doomsayer
Live for This
I Will Be Heard

Supporting FFDP:

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Last Breath
As Diehard as They Come
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard

Since Perseverence is pretty much the heaviest song ever written, any Hatebreed set without it is a ridiculous fail.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Since Perseverence is pretty much the heaviest song ever written, any Hatebreed set without it is a ridiculous fail.

:lol: inb4 shitstorm

illuminatus917
10-17-2011, 11:15 AM

JD

WTF

jd091
10-17-2011, 11:19 AM
JD

WTF

Quite serious here, guys.

COME AT ME, BROS

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
Quite serious here, guys.

COME AT ME, BROS

http://aupsd.com/userfiles/image/picard_facepalm.jpg

jd091
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
http://aupsd.com/userfiles/image/picard_facepalm.jpg

Oh, I forgot that your 15 year old musical pallette is much more refined than mine. Sorry that I apparently know nothing.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Oh, I forgot that your 15 year old musical pallette is much more refined than mine. Sorry that I apparently know nothing.

A) Age has nothing to do with it
B) I didn't claim to have a more refined taste than yours

Chill out, dude. It's just that when I think heaviest shit ever, I tend to think either Gojira, Yob, or Meshuggah. Not Hatebreed.

larvtard
10-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Depends on your definition of heavy. Perseverance is heavy as fuck if you're talking about breakdowns. YOB is heavy as fuck if you're referring to a slow doomy crawl across the Earth. Meshuggah isn't very heavy.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Depends on your definition of heavy. Perseverance is heavy as fuck if you're talking about breakdowns. YOB is heavy as fuck if you're referring to a slow doomy crawl across the Earth. Meshuggah isn't very heavy.

You're just pissed you couldn't do the Meshuggah face ;)

xStructualDefect
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
I didn't claim to have a more refined taste than yours

Your posts sometimes imply that your tastes are more refined than others, at least in my opinion. And of course age doesn't matter, but I've come across MANY 15/16year olds who have listened to metal 3 years maximum (not counting only listening to huge bands like Metallica, Maiden, Sabbatah) and they tend to come off as huge elitists. I'm sure you know your metal but just saying that's how some people may see it at times, such as myself.

I remember reading that many people on this board missed the At The Gates 2008 reunion tour because they didn't listen to much metal and didn't who they were at the time. And then you get those same people 1-2 years later who act like elitists thinking they know more about metal than most metalheads and that their music tastes are superior. I guess that's what bothers me with age. And like I've said I've came across many, many kids who do that.

And yeah it also has to do with your definition of heavy because everyone's opinions will differ when it comes down to who they think is heaviest.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:14 PM
Your posts sometimes imply that your tastes are more refined than others, at least in my opinion. And of course age doesn't matter, but I've come across MANY 15/16year olds who have listened to metal 3 years maximum (not counting only listening to huge bands like Metallica, Maiden, Sabbatah) and they tend to come off as huge elitists. I'm sure you know your metal but just saying that's how some people may see it at times, such as myself.

If I ever do come off like that, it's never serious. I don't think I have a better taste in music than Brad, or Manks, or Wine, for example. :tp:

EDIT: inb4 manks; "damn right you don't"

xStructualDefect
10-17-2011, 12:23 PM
If I ever do come off like that, it's never serious. I don't think I have a better taste in music than Brad, or Manks, or Wine, for example. :tp:

EDIT: inb4 manks; "damn right you don't"

Yeah I figured and you seem to know a good amount of knowledge on metal for your age. But some people will view it like that because there's a lot of douchebag kids yours age who act like they know everything about metal when in reality they've only listened to it for a year or so.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah I figured and you seem to know a good amount of knowledge on metal for your age. But some people will view it like that because there's a lot of douchebag kids yours age who act like they know everything about metal when in reality they've only listened to it for a year or so.

I've only been listening to metal for like, three or four years.

But I will take the liberty of saying I like to think I have a better knowledge of metal than most people my age. ;)

illuminatus917
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
But I will take the liberty of saying I like to think I have a better knowledge of metal than most people my age. ;)

Pompous.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Pompous.

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/290/6/7/deal_with_it_by_cocor-d30zdpc.png

In my school, at least.

jd091
10-17-2011, 12:53 PM
A) Age has nothing to do with it
B) I didn't claim to have a more refined taste than yours

Chill out, dude. It's just that when I think heaviest shit ever, I tend to think either Gojira, Yob, or Meshuggah. Not Hatebreed.

I think you're misinterpreting me. I'm not flipping out or anything, just stating my honest opinion.

Like everyone is saying here, "heavy" is such a relative term that is different for every person. Someone might think Crowbar is the heaviest thing ever, or Sleep, or fucking Sunn O))). Meshuggah is definitely up there for me as one of the heaviest bands ever like you said, and Vacuity gives shit like Hatebreed a run for its money.

But "good" Hatebreed is unparalleled in my opinion. I don't wanna go into detail 'cause I'll take up the whole thread, but there's a hundred reasons I could list. It'll probably change in a month or something, but whatever. I just get annoyed when somebody else, especially younger than me, implies that I know nothing about the music I listen to. I'll be honest if I'm unsure (black metal, for example. I am so ignorant to that genre as a whole). But when it comes to "heavy", I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Don't wanna come off as an elitist or anything, I still luv u lincoln <3

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 12:56 PM
I think you're misinterpreting me. I'm not flipping out or anything, just stating my honest opinion.

Like everyone is saying here, "heavy" is such a relative term that is different for every person. Someone might think Crowbar is the heaviest thing ever, or Sleep, or fucking Sunn O))). Meshuggah is definitely up there for me as one of the heaviest bands ever like you said, and Vacuity gives shit like Hatebreed a run for its money.

But "good" Hatebreed is unparalleled in my opinion. I don't wanna go into detail 'cause I'll take up the whole thread, but there's a hundred reasons I could list. It'll probably change in a month or something, but whatever. I just get annoyed when somebody else, especially younger than me, implies that I know nothing about the music I listen to. I'll be honest if I'm unsure (black metal, for example. I am so ignorant to that genre as a whole). But when it comes to "heavy", I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Don't wanna come off as an elitist or anything, I still luv u lincoln <3

I actually wasn't saying you knew nothing about "heaviness", I was just poking fun at you for liking Hatebreed. It's OK, I like Hatebreed too.

Some. ;)

jd091
10-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I actually wasn't saying you knew nothing about "heaviness", I was just poking fun at you for liking Hatebreed. It's OK, I like Hatebreed too.

Some. ;)

Okay, then I just misinterpreted you. Sorry bro! :hug:

jd091
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
In other news:

http://memegenerator.net/instance/9487872

LINK NO WORKEY

edit: INB4 THE EDIT! haha!

mastodon421
10-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents on Five Finger Death Punch because everyone else seems to be. Their first album is decent. It was faux-tough guy shit, but it wasn't annoying and was some decent groove metal. The second album was alright. A few solid songs, but it had too many mainstream ballads. Their new record is straight-up bad, they are way too full of themselves now and the lyrics are cringe-worthy.

Despite the fact that I'm not really a fan, they do get a lot more shit than they deserve. There are a LOT worse bands out there. These guys do put on a good show and Ivan Moody can sing pretty well.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 01:02 PM
LINK NO WORKEY

edit: INB4 THE EDIT! haha!

I was going to post a "THIS THREAD GAVE ME CANCER" macro but obviously memegenerator links don't work on here. :flame:

jd091
10-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Despite the fact that I'm not really a fan, they do get a lot more shit than they deserve. There are a LOT worse bands out there. These guys do put on a good show and Ivan Moody can sing pretty well.

Will completely agree with this, especially his singing. He's pretty talented, even if you don't like their style.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vY8I5HvOvk8/TRJ-jIIy_SI/AAAAAAAAOpo/6C17Qz9D9ho/s400/102126F.jpg

To be honest... you guys are most likely somewhat right about them. But the whole legion of tough-guy, meathead fans they have OH WAIT. They're tough guy meatheads themselves

:lame:

MPF
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Just so you guys know, there has been 6 pages fighting about Five Finger Death Punch....

Think about that for a second...

You're fighting over Five Finger Death punch.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Just so you guys know, there has been 6 pages fighting about Five Finger Death Punch....

At least two or three pages are about JD being a Hatebreed fanboy and/or me being accused of being an elitist.

jd091
10-17-2011, 01:30 PM

Yeah, half of it was a Hatebreed argument. So it's only a 3 page argument over 5FDP! :tongue:

MPF
10-17-2011, 01:32 PM
I'll be honest, I skimmed through almost all of it. So I'll take your word for it.

Regardless, no body wins in an argument over Five Finger Death Punch, except those on the outside laughing. :lol:

I'm also not much of a Hatebreed fan. I like them back when Perseverance came out but have had zero interest since.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Whatever happened to the rule that when something sucks to a certain degree, it completely cancels out the "music is subjective" rule? You don't have to be an elitist twat to know that 5FDP has virtually no artistic merit whatsoever.

And I don't doubt that they're great live performers. Hell, The Wiggles are probably fucking awesome live. It ain't hard when you're writing music for children.

NickLed19
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM
6 songs for Hatebreed is like 15 min. Please tell me thats not a complete set.

BloodoftheKings
10-17-2011, 01:39 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vY8I5HvOvk8/TRJ-jIIy_SI/AAAAAAAAOpo/6C17Qz9D9ho/s400/102126F.jpg

Fags. Most pop is better then donkey punch.

jd091
10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
And I don't doubt that they're great live performers. Hell, The Wiggles are probably fucking awesome live. It ain't hard when you're writing music for children.

Sir, please take this reward of 5 internets for that comment.

MPF
10-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Fags. Most pop is better then donkey punch.

Correction, Donkey Punch is Pop.

jd091
10-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Correction, Donkey Punch is Pop.

I wouldn't ever go so far as to call radio-rock "pop".

MPF
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't ever go so far as to call radio-rock "pop".

I would. The only difference is instead of drum machines and synths they use distorted guitars.

All music is related in some way or another, just because something is heavier doesn't make it less pop friendly. They've gotten poppier on every album. Its undeniably going to happen the more popular you get.

Catch my drift yet?

daimonos
10-17-2011, 02:56 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents on Five Finger Death Punch because everyone else seems to be. Their first album is decent. It was faux-tough guy shit, but it wasn't annoying and was some decent groove metal. The second album was alright. A few solid songs, but it had too many mainstream ballads. Their new record is straight-up bad, they are way too full of themselves now and the lyrics are cringe-worthy.

Agree with this on all counts. I used to listen to them when The Way of the Fist came out, saw them live a couple times and loved every minute of it. Actually the first club show I ever went to was a FFDP show. I got out of them for a little bit, and when the second album came out I briefly listened to them for a little bit again. That one wasn't as good, but not long after that they just kind of fell off of my radar.

I think alot of people just give them shit because it's 'cool' to. They're not all tough guy assholes like they try to be, they just know what sells, and they're doing a damn good job at it. I met Ivan Moody backstage at Mayhem in 2010, when I wasn't even a fan of them, mind you, and he came across as a very chill, respectable, friendly guy. Same with the bassist they had at the time.

jd091
10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Agree with this on all counts. I used to listen to them when The Way of the Fist came out, saw them live a couple times and loved every minute of it. Actually the first club show I ever went to was a FFDP show. I got out of them for a little bit, and when the second album came out I briefly listened to them for a little bit again. That one wasn't as good, but not long after that they just kind of fell off of my radar.

I think alot of people just give them shit because it's 'cool' to. They're not all tough guy assholes like they try to be, they just know what sells, and they're doing a damn good job at it. I met Ivan Moody backstage at Mayhem in 2010, when I wasn't even a fan of them, mind you, and he came across as a very chill, respectable, friendly guy. Same with the bassist they had at the time.

Someone give this man a medal.

tenchimyo
10-17-2011, 03:36 PM
One on hand, I am ripping on these guys, but on the other, aren't I helping their fans find out what the tour setlist is going to be? ;)

thanks for the setlists :3

I like all three bands, and Do appreciate the setlists :3

However I don't take things *that* seriously so I can laugh at the 'Donkey Punch' naming (but if you dare talk about MANOWAR... well there will be blood, brother). Hell their 'real' name is rather silly, almost as bad as the Verb the Noun bands... but I enjoy their music so I will hate on their name.

also WTF a drum solo? piss break.

The_jman
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I've seen some interviews with the band and even where they talked about the tracks for the new album and they seem to know the things people say about them being tough guys and they don't seem to buy into it, the song under and over it was supposed to be making fun of all the things said about them. I'm not going to defend all they're lyrics cause some of them suck, but I enjoy them for the musicianship which I think is tallented, and I really enjoy Ivan's voice.

Dextrimental
10-17-2011, 05:55 PM

So I decided to read through this thread because I wanted to see how puerile the arguing would get, and I came across this post implying that when you think of the heaviest shit ever, neither Slayer nor Black Sabbath are mentioned.

FAIL

Also, Perseverance is fucking awesome, that song embodies nearly everything I love about hardcore in a single track.

hellawaits77ny
10-17-2011, 10:53 PM
I'll throw in my 2 cents on Five Finger Death Punch because everyone else seems to be. Their first album is decent. It was faux-tough guy shit, but it wasn't annoying and was some decent groove metal.

Agreed. I really didn't mind their first album, it had some decent songs IMO. It's just everything since, IMO, has been dog shit. And they're so overrated and sell a ton of records, which irritates me even more.

And as other people have said........6 fucking songs for Hatebreed? That is straight garbage.

x-voltage
10-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I think 5FDP's first album, Way of the Fist, wasn't exactly a breath of fresh air for metal, but I think it was something new. I really like that album. One of my favorites in the past five years. It has some very heavy songs like Way of the Fist, White Knuckles, and Salvation. Their second album had some great songs like Dying Breed, Burn it Down, and War is the Answer but a lot of cheesy radio ballads. Their new album has a few memorable moments but a lot of cheesy radio stuff again.

I think you can consider their new album radio rock but don't label them as a radio rock band. When I think of radio rock I think of shit bands like Theory of a Deadman (worst live band I've ever seen), Seether, Three Days Grace, and Alter Bridge. Those bands just rely on one or two solid singles with shitty verses and catchy choruses to be popular. Show me one song either of those 4 radio rock bands made that is like Burn it Down, Way of the Fist, or White Knuckles.

I saw 5FDP at the first Mayhem show when they were on the side stage. It was in the top 2 most brutal shows I've been at. I had first row against the barracades and I broke a rib. They had the place going nuts. White Knuckles was one of the most insane live songs I've ever seen. I then saw them at Mayhem two years ago when they were on the main stage. The crowd was a lot less aggressive and they had way more fans. It just shows how they've become more of a radio friendly band, but at their core they still are very heavy.

mankvill
10-17-2011, 11:15 PM
they suck

Magson13
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
To be honest... you guys are most likely somewhat right about them. But the whole legion of tough-guy, meathead fans they have OH WAIT. They're tough guy meatheads themselves

:lame:

The fuck you got against tough guy meatheads? :mad:

illuminatus917
10-17-2011, 11:45 PM
The fuck you got against tough guy meatheads? :mad:

Usually music you lift weights to is of a slightly lesser quality.

Magson13
10-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Usually music you lift weights to is of a slightly lesser quality.

I lift weights to Taylor Swift, Jesse Lee, Lady Gaga, and Bowling for Soup. Highest quality you can get.

MPF
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
I lift weights to Taylor Swift, Jesse Lee, Lady Gaga, and Bowling for Soup. Highest quality you can get.

THIS.....explains so much.

Magson13
10-18-2011, 12:40 AM
THIS.....explains so much.

Oh and, Nickelback. Come at me, bro.

MPF
10-18-2011, 12:42 AM
Oh and, Nickelback. Come at me, bro.

What does everyone want me to come at them? I'm not into gay porn. There must be a huge generation gap from being 23 to whatever age you are.

Magson13
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
inb4 thread gets locked

You jealous of MPF?

MPF
10-18-2011, 01:14 AM
You jealous of MPF?

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1235657960464&id=f1916865de5282b11a13ba759f7240a8

Magson13
10-18-2011, 01:20 AM
I'm already sitting. Whatchu gon' do now?

NickLed19
10-18-2011, 02:32 AM
I think 5FDP's first album, Way of the Fist, wasn't exactly a breath of fresh air for metal, but I think it was something new. I really like that album. One of my favorites in the past five years. It has some very heavy songs like Way of the Fist, White Knuckles, and Salvation. Their second album had some great songs like Dying Breed, Burn it Down, and War is the Answer but a lot of cheesy radio ballads. Their new album has a few memorable moments but a lot of cheesy radio stuff again.

I think you can consider their new album radio rock but don't label them as a radio rock band. When I think of radio rock I think of shit bands like Theory of a Deadman (worst live band I've ever seen), Seether, Three Days Grace, and Alter Bridge. Those bands just rely on one or two solid singles with shitty verses and catchy choruses to be popular. Show me one song either of those 4 radio rock bands made that is like Burn it Down, Way of the Fist, or White Knuckles.

I saw 5FDP at the first Mayhem show when they were on the side stage. It was in the top 2 most brutal shows I've been at. I had first row against the barracades and I broke a rib. They had the place going nuts. White Knuckles was one of the most insane live songs I've ever seen. I then saw them at Mayhem two years ago when they were on the main stage. The crowd was a lot less aggressive and they had way more fans. It just shows how they've become more of a radio friendly band, but at their core they still are very heavy.

Dude seriously never compare FFDP to Alter Bridge. Alter Bridge is on a different level.

GarageMetal468
10-18-2011, 05:28 AM
This thread has been nothing but :wallbang:

Sanitarium78
10-18-2011, 05:55 AM
When I think of radio rock I think of shit bands like Theory of a Deadman (worst live band I've ever seen), Seether, Three Days Grace, and Alter Bridge.

Did you honestly just say that Alter Bridge is a shit band?:mad: Dude, you really need to educate yourself on who they are. They don't even get that much radio play and musically are above and beyond anything else that is part of the terrible modern rock scene today.

es156
10-18-2011, 07:03 AM
This thread has been nothing but :wallbang:

Agreed.