PDA

View Full Version : Immolation -- Chicago, IL -- October 16th, 2011

GarageMetal468
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
FUCKING HELL OF A NIGHT! Review to come probably Tuesday, maybe Monday night if I have time.

Jungle Rot:
Their Finest Hour
Bloodties
Worst Case Scenario
Strangulation Mutilation
Fight For Life
Strong Shall Survive
Rise Up And Revolt
Demoralized
Push Comes to Shove
No Mercy
Face Down
Let Them Die
Kill on Command

Immolation:
Majesty and Decay
Swarm of Terror
Under The Supreme
What They Bring
Close To A World Below :bowdown: :rocker:
A Token of Malice
No Jesus, No Beast :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:
Power and Shame
Dawn of Possession
Still Lost
Den of Theives
Sinful Nature
Illumination
Into Everlasting Fire
----
World Agony

GarageMetal468
10-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Oh, and:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293618_2272216677882_1022605109_2610526_2007549489 _n.jpg

:D

jd091
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Was just arguing a ton about this band over on the Dismember thread. You saw them last year Dan, right? How would this performance compare to that one?

OraclesofAgony
10-17-2011, 01:24 AM
Oh, and:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/293618_2272216677882_1022605109_2610526_2007549489 _n.jpg

:D

I'm getting that shirt.

GarageMetal468
10-17-2011, 06:22 AM
Was just arguing a ton about this band over on the Dismember thread. You saw them last year Dan, right? How would this performance compare to that one?

They owned last time and they owned now. There is no doubting Immolation, they're one of the best bands I've seen live, for sure.

Nater
10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Not a bad Jungle Rot set but it would be nice to see them play some of the early work. I wouldn't complain though because it's fucking Jungle Rot.:rocker:

GarageMetal468
10-17-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm getting that shirt.

They only had it in small, luckily that's what I wear now. But them and Jungle Rot had a FUCK TON of merch, so you got a lot to choose from.

The shirt I got was $15, along with some other basic logo shirts they had in limited sizes. Everything else was $20, such as tour shirts, and a long sleeve for $25. And they were also giving out free copies of Enslaved's and Wormrot's new EPs.

OraclesofAgony
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
They only had it in small, luckily that's what I wear now. But them and Jungle Rot had a FUCK TON of merch, so you got a lot to choose from.

The shirt I got was $15, along with some other basic logo shirts they had in limited sizes. Everything else was $20, such as tour shirts, and a long sleeve for $25. And they were also giving out free copies of Enslaved's and Wormrot's new EPs.

Guess I'm not getting it then. :flame:

Oh well I'll get a different one.

Wizzbang11
10-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Jungle Rot:
Their Finest Hour
Bloodties
Worst Case Scenario
Strangulation Mutilation
Fight For Life
Strong Shall Serve
Rise Up And Revolt
Demoralized
Push Comes to Shove
No Mercy
Face Down
Let Them Die
Kill on Command

It's Strong Shall Survive, but wow that's an absolutely awful Jungle Rot set. I worship their first few records, but after Warzone they kinda lost it, and that last record wasn't even what I'd listen to Jungle Rot for. I can no longer defend them as "not core" like I had to (I still hold that Warzone is not a -core album :hmm: ) The lack of old songs is sad. When I saw em a few years ago they busted out quite a few classics. No JR set should lack Circle of Death :(

mankvill
10-17-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm still hecka jelly about everyone who gets to see this tour. Immolation ripped my face off last year and I'm looking for them to do it again!

GarageMetal468
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
It's Strong Shall Survive, but wow that's an absolutely awful Jungle Rot set. I worship their first few records, but after Warzone they kinda lost it, and that last record wasn't even what I'd listen to Jungle Rot for. I can no longer defend them as "not core" like I had to (I still hold that Warzone is not a -core album :hmm: ) The lack of old songs is sad. When I saw em a few years ago they busted out quite a few classics. No JR set should lack Circle of Death :(

Alright I fixed that. And they're on Victory Records now, so it's no surprise that they're not putting out or playing anything good. They were still damn good live though.

I'm still hecka jelly about everyone who gets to see this tour. Immolation ripped my face off last year and I'm looking for them to do it again!

Yeah Ross said it was just a short tour. They're gonna be recording a full length in March, so I'm guessing they'll be back by the summer or fall.