PDA

View Full Version : Dismember Quits

DementedX14
10-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Bassist Tobias Cristiansson of Swedish death metal veterans DISMEMBER has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"After 23 years, DISMEMBER have now decided to quit. We wish to thank all our fans for your support."

Source (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=164728)

:(

GarageMetal468
10-16-2011, 10:52 AM
:bawling:

brutal_descent
10-16-2011, 11:05 AM
:bawling:

This. Really, really bad. :(

mankvill
10-16-2011, 11:05 AM
WHAT?!

Their last album was amazing! Damnit. :(

DethMaiden
10-16-2011, 11:15 AM
WHAT?!

Their last album was amazing! Damnit. :(

The self-titled was sooooooooooooooooooooo boring, dude.

The God That Never Was ruled, though.

And I'm sad they're breaking up. Never saw them. :(

mankvill
10-16-2011, 11:24 AM
The self-titled was sooooooooooooooooooooo boring, dude.

The God That Never Was ruled, though.

And I'm sad they're breaking up. Never saw them. :(

U r gay, self-titled was srsly the tits :I

jd091
10-16-2011, 11:28 AM
what the fuck

christopher
10-16-2011, 12:56 PM
:bawling:NOOOOOO......

OraclesofAgony
10-16-2011, 01:00 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This really sucks.

larvtard
10-16-2011, 01:03 PM
poop :flame:

Epidemic Reign
10-16-2011, 01:40 PM
GODDAMNIT

metallicbrian666
10-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Fucking stupid

The Colonel
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Worst news ever. Them and Immolation are the only death metal bands that have never let me down.

jd091
10-16-2011, 06:19 PM
Worst news ever. Them and Immolation are the only death metal bands that have never let me down.

Am I the only one here who thought Immolation was yawn-worthy live? :eyes:

metallicbrian666
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
I haven't seen them live but I've never understood the hype. I listened to some of the songs from the Scion EP today and every single song was just slow death metal with constant double bass and squeals. Not my cup of tea.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM

Not sure they're the only ones, but they have both proved incredibly consistent.

treghet
10-16-2011, 08:51 PM
Didn't see that coming. :(

Rocco44
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
Bummer, always wanted to see them live.

OraclesofAgony
10-16-2011, 09:53 PM

I certainly didn't. Seeing them play Father, You're Not a Father ranks up there with my top concert moments.

adamclark52
10-16-2011, 09:55 PM
On the topic of Dismember; I remember me and a friend in college listening to them a lot around the time Entombed released Same Difference. It was nice to find a band that sounded exactly like Entombed after Entombed decided not to.

Can't remember which album it was but it had a piano interlude, either Death Metal or Massive Killing Capacity.

jd091
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
I certainly didn't. Seeing them play Father, You're Not a Father ranks up there with my top concert moments.

Gotta say that you've been to some boring ass concerts in your day, then. :tp:

OraclesofAgony
10-16-2011, 10:08 PM
Gotta say that you've been to some boring ass concerts in your day, then. :tp:

I guess I just prefer boring death metal over brocore. ;)

jd091
10-16-2011, 10:13 PM
I guess I just prefer boring death metal over brocore. ;)

HAR HAR

I feel like I've said this 100 times, but when I saw 'em, Vader opened, and absolutely killed. Like, one of the best death metal bands I have EVER seen. It was intense. Immolation comes on next, and it felt like I was watching a minor league team. :eyes:

treghet
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
There seem to be a lot of people who don't "get" Immolation. Their draw is more mid paced stuff concentrating on interesting drum patterns utilizing the toms more frequently than blast beats. They're not trying to blow you away with speed, but instead build up an evil atmosphere. Also, over the course their career they've never released a mediocre album or strayed from their roots. So basically what I'm getting at is, just because you don't like them doesn't make them shitty. Also JD, considering your tastes vary a lot, I'm surprised that you're the one ripping on them.

OraclesofAgony
10-16-2011, 10:17 PM
HAR HAR

I feel like I've said this 100 times, but when I saw 'em, Vader opened, and absolutely killed. Like, one of the best death metal bands I have EVER seen. It was intense. Immolation comes on next, and it felt like I was watching a minor league team. :eyes:

Yeah I've heard that story before. :tongue:

I love Immolation's albums and that always elevates a performance for me. Just like how everyone bags on The Faceless for their presence/performance, but I loved them live too because I love the music so much.

I've never seen Vader unfortunately so I'm not sure what their performance is like. Hopefully they'll be back in the states soon to support the new album.

GarageMetal468
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
I haven't seen them live but I've never understood the hype. I listened to some of the songs from the Scion EP today and every single song was just slow death metal with constant double bass and squeals. Not my cup of tea.

Someone hasn't listened to Close To A World Below

jd091
10-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Also JD, considering your tastes vary a lot, I'm surprised that you're the one ripping on them.

See, that's the thing: I think they're really solid on record. I loved Majesty and Decay. I just thought that they were very ho-hum live. I dunno. Some bands just don't click with some people, I guess?

treghet
10-16-2011, 10:25 PM
And yeah, seeing Vader before Immolation was kind of weird. I love both bands, but for someone who's not familiar with Immolation I get how it would seem very anticlimactic to go from a blazing fast band to almost the opposite.

jd091
10-16-2011, 10:29 PM
And yeah, seeing Vader before Immolation was kind of weird. I love both bands, but for someone who's not familiar with Immolation I get how it would seem very anticlimactic to go from a blazing fast band to almost the opposite.

It reminds me a lot of when I saw Hate Eternal and Origin. I fucking love Hate Eternal on record, but after 15 minutes or so I was honestly bored with their performance. It was just this big, lumbering wall of heavy that couldn't catch my attention for too long. Origin, on the other hand, were being... well, Origin. :lol: 1000 miles an hour, going crazy, rifftastic energy, etc. You couldn't compare the performances, even though on album they each kick ass in their respective field.

illuminatus917
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Immolation > Vader

Oh yeah I said it.

OraclesofAgony
10-16-2011, 10:53 PM
It reminds me a lot of when I saw Hate Eternal and Origin. I fucking love Hate Eternal on record, but after 15 minutes or so I was honestly bored with their performance. It was just this big, lumbering wall of heavy that couldn't catch my attention for too long. Origin, on the other hand, were being... well, Origin. :lol: 1000 miles an hour, going crazy, rifftastic energy, etc. You couldn't compare the performances, even though on album they each kick ass in their respective field.

Yeah Origin blew Hate Eternal out of the water when I saw em, and I was not expecting that. I love Hate Eternal much more than Origin overall on record. It didnt help that Erik was having technical difficulties either. His guitar cut in and out all through Haunting Abound which I was looking forward to seeing live a lot. I still thought Hate Eternal was great live though.

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 01:08 AM
So it seems my long-awaited "Big Four of Swedeath" tour (Dismember, Entombed, Grave, Unleashed) will most likely never happen now.

Vomitory may have to take their place :(

GarageMetal468
10-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Immolation > Vader

Oh yeah I said it.

Eh I don't know... I absolutely love both bands, and they've both been putting out consistently amazing albums since the early 90s and both put on a hell of a live show... I gotta say they're equal to me.

larvtard
10-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Immolation > Vader

Oh yeah I said it.

Vader's vocalist sounds like a retard.

larvtard
10-17-2011, 07:24 AM
So it seems my long-awaited "Big Four of Swedeath" tour (Dismember, Entombed, Grave, Unleashed) will most likely never happen now.

Vomitory may have to take their place :(

NOOO VOMITORY SUCKS

Eh... Swedish death metal is weird. Bands that do it well are amazing, but it's soooo easy to be generic as hell if you're doing this genre. Honestly, I only like Dismember's first album and I don't even like Entombed.

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 07:25 AM
NOOO VOMITORY SUCKS

Eh... Swedish death metal is weird. Bands that do it well are amazing, but it's soooo easy to be generic as hell if you're doing this genre. Honestly, I only like Dismember's first album and I don't even like Entombed.

Vomitory is a great band, I'm really pissed I had to miss them back in September. Fuck festivals where headliners start at midnight :hecho:

jd091
10-17-2011, 08:56 AM

blasphemy! :eek:

Epidemic Reign
10-17-2011, 10:39 AM

VOMITORY SUCKS

I only like Dismember's first album and I don't even like Entombed.

:wallbang:

brutal_descent
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM

I know I just used this in the other thread, but

http://aupsd.com/userfiles/image/picard_facepalm.jpg

larvtard
10-17-2011, 01:37 PM

:lol:

SomewhereInTime72
10-17-2011, 08:14 PM