Death Angel

I Chose the Sky
Mistress of Pain
Claws In So Deep
Relentless Revolution
Seemingly Endless Time
The Ultra-Violence
Thrown to the Wolves

Good concert. Got to do meet and greet with Testament before the show. Well worth it if you have the opportunity to do so. The guys from Testament were really cool, autographed all the CD jackets I brought and took several pictures. Every band member was present and took the time to talk to us. Very cool. Also, got a spot on the rail as we got in before doors opened.

We were very lucky as the encore for Anthrax on the Setlist noted either Among the Living or Metal Thrashing Mad and we got both tonight. Pretty sweet deal.

I know a lot of people yesterday were unhappy with so many new Anthrax songs but it really was a great show and the new songs fit well with the classics. Worship Music is an excellent album and probably the best the band has released since Sound of White Noise or before. Go buy it. I'd be very surprised if you didn't love it if you are an Anthrax fan.

I will try to add a link to pictures in the AM along with the setlists. Tired now so time for bed.

dimmudan
10-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Oh by the way the guys from Testament said they hoped the new CD would be out in March but the laminant they gave us said April or May. Also, Eric Peterson said there will be a new Dragonlord CD so I thought that was pretty cool too. Got picks from Alex Skolnick x 2, Eric Peterson, Chuck Billy x 2-yes Chuck has his own picks, Rob Cavestany from Death Angel x 2, and Frank Bello-- even though he doesn't play bass with one he had picks which was cool. Also I buddied up with a security guard while on the rail so I got each band's setlist as a souvenir. Pretty killer night all in all.:light:

bobbie solo
10-15-2011, 10:50 PM
slight improvement in that Anthrax set. still too short and too many new/overplayed songs.

mankvill
10-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Chuck Billy x 2-yes Chuck has his own picks

:lol: Chuck Billy is so awesome

daimonos
10-15-2011, 10:59 PM
The show was a blast! Testament tore shit up and was great the whole way through. Anthrax was really fun but they weren't as exciting during the newer songs, but the classics really made up for it. Was my first time seeing both bands, so I can't complain about the Anthrax set. Lots of energy all around though, some of the most fun I've ever had moshing!

daimonos
10-15-2011, 11:17 PM
Basically, tonight, the 13 year old in me was freaking the fuck out.

dimmudan
10-16-2011, 06:17 AM
I agree with daimonos. The show brought out the kid in me. The venue did something really cool and security spotted kids that appeared under 10 years old and put them in front of the rail on the side of the stage to keep them out of harms way and allow them to see. I thought that was a great idea on how to build a fan for life. The band members were really attentive to the "little metalheads" and made sure to high five and give picks and definitely give them an experience that should make anyone a fan for life.

As for me, the rail kicked my ass and I am quite sore today but it was worth every second of the great view and experience.

treghet
10-16-2011, 06:32 AM
As for me, the rail kicked my ass and I am quite sore today

So, one could say, your ass got railed? ;)

Sanitarium78
10-16-2011, 06:54 AM
I know a lot of people yesterday were unhappy with so many new Anthrax songs but it really was a great show and the new songs fit well with the classics. Worship Music is an excellent album and probably the best the band has released since Sound of White Noise or before. Go buy it. I'd be very surprised if you didn't love it if you are an Anthrax fan.

The new songs weren't an issue for most of us on this board. The bulk of us do enjoy the new album. The issue was with the set only being 12 songs on the first night. Adding ATL is great and hopefully they'll add another song or two as the tour goes. I still don't get why they avoid playing stuff off POT though. Does the band hate the album or musically are the songs too difficult to pull off live or something?

Anyways, if they just add one off POT that isn't Got The Time, you really couldn't ask for much more out of their set.

larvtard
10-16-2011, 07:21 AM
As for me, the rail kicked my ass and I am quite sore today but it was worth every second of the great view and experience.

So, one could say,

sunglasses

your ass got railed?

---------

^That's how you do it, treggers :cool:

GarageMetal468
10-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Sucks that I missed this show but I'll be seeing all of them in Milwaukee next month at a more convenient time. I'm more pissed that I missed this because everyone I knew from shows was there. I would've known literally at least half the people there! Oh well, the Milwaukee show will be fun. It's the last day of the tour so maybe we'll get some surprises :cool:

makethemsuffer12
10-16-2011, 07:45 AM
FINALLY, Among the Living!

DethMaiden
10-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Pissed I forgot about this show. Easily could have pulled off Chicago on a Saturday the day after pay day. Fuck.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-16-2011, 08:19 AM
My issue isn't all of the new songs... they are out promoting a great new album so the new stuff is expected. I'm just tired of the same old songs and wish they would mix that up a bit. Would much rather see "Medusa", "NFL", "AIR", "Keep It In The Family", "Horror Of It All", "Armed and Dangerous" or even something really rare like "Raise Hell". I'm always down for "Madhouse" and "Indians" but I wish they'd change up some of the other ones. I am thrilled that "Among The Living" is in there and hope they keep it for Jersey. Testament's set list is fantastic and very cool to see "Envy Life" in there.

metallicbrian666
10-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Among was the highlight of the entire night. Did not like the new songs and their mix sucked but goddamn I did not expect Among.

Sanitarium78
10-16-2011, 08:42 AM
My issue isn't all of the new songs... they are out promoting a great new album so the new stuff is expected. I'm just tired of the same old songs and wish they would mix that up a bit. Would much rather see "Medusa", "NFL", "AIR", "Keep It In The Family", "Horror Of It All", "Armed and Dangerous" or even something really rare like "Raise Hell". I'm always down for "Madhouse" and "Indians" but I wish they'd change up some of the other ones. I am thrilled that "Among The Living" is in there and hope they keep it for Jersey. Testament's set list is fantastic and very cool to see "Envy Life" in there.

What you need to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people who have never seen them with Joey or haven't seen Anthrax live in like 20 years who will be coming to see these shows. That's why certian songs are always gonna get played. Even though some songs are staples when you experience them live you get why they're played all the time.

That being said, I think if they bust out anything from their first four albums with Joey or off SOWN it would get a great response.

treghet
10-16-2011, 09:09 AM
As for myself, some of the old songs I'd like to be changed up (like Antisocial... but I know it wouldn't happen) and I expected that a fair amount of new material, but what really pisses me off is the short set. I don't think people would complain so much about the same old songs if they were actually playing a standard headlining set. If they pulled out a 16 or 17 song set with all the current songs plus another one or two off Spreading the Disease, something nice from Persistence of Time, and maybe another from Among the Living I think everybody would be satisfied for the most part.

tenchimyo
10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Sounds like I need to go to this show when it comes to MD

dcmetal108
10-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Sounds like fun but work wouldnt let me take off.

Also I heard the sound sucked for the show and there were alot of problems.

daimonos
10-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Sounds like fun but work wouldnt let me take off.

Also I heard the sound sucked for the show and there were alot of problems.

The sound was pretty bad. But that's understandable, it's a big ass venue.

dimmudan
10-16-2011, 03:32 PM
LOL I really set myself up for the "ass railed" comment... Good one :)

The sound at Congress is generally always shitty. If you want good sound in Chicago House of Blues is by far the best but I will say the sound last night for Anthrax was worse than last week for Danzig. I got to hear Death Angel sound check and if you were up close you could not hear the vocals at all which is really sad as Mark Osegueda can still sing well and they never got the vocals to improve until the end of their set. Sound was a little but not a lot better for Testament and Anthrax but in generaly I have low expectations for Congress and view it as the worst live venue in Chicago for sound.

Here are the actual setlists with the picks I got from each band and my pictures from last night. :light:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49161658@N03/

dimmudan
10-16-2011, 03:33 PM
typo: in general :mad:

dcmetal108
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
The only show I've seen at the Congress is the All Stars Tour this summer and personally the bands didn't really sound bad. There were some minor problems here and there but overall wasn't that bad.

es156
10-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Pissed I forgot about this show. Easily could have pulled off Chicago on a Saturday the day after pay day. Fuck.

Yeah, I actually had a ticket to this show and missed it. Could not possibly be more pissed. So, now I am considering hitting the Milwaukee show. It is also on a Saturday but would be quite the drive. Ah, life sucks sometimes.... :mad:

Also, I have only been to the Congress once and it is definitely on the short list for worst venue in Chicago. I used to think it was the worst until I went to a show at Logan Square Auditorium. :hecho:

Beaner666
10-17-2011, 06:55 PM
What you need to keep in mind is that there are a lot of people who have never seen them with Joey or haven't seen Anthrax live in like 20 years who will be coming to see these shows. That's why certian songs are always gonna get played. Even though some songs are staples when you experience them live you get why they're played all the time.

That being said, I think if they bust out anything from their first four albums with Joey or off SOWN it would get a great response.

Plus the fact they were co-headlining probably cut down on the set time (and songs) too. I missed the show myself unfortunately, but judging by the amount of songs they played how long was the set: 75 mins?

Even when they “solo” headline Anthrax hardly ever plays over 90 mins anymore. I saw them three times on the first Joey reunion tour and each show had to be less than 90 mins. The only time I saw them play longer than 90 mins was back on the Sound of White Noise tour with John Bush.