PDA

View Full Version : gwar

bigkev401
10-15-2011, 08:45 AM
New tour starts tomorrow and like always, I'm wondering what they're going to play

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Gwar is one of my favorite bands but i'm thinking of not going if the set sucks.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Gwar is one of my favorite bands but i'm thinking of not going if the set sucks.

Ghoul will make up for anything lacking in Gwar's performance, guaranteed ;)

Wizzbang11
10-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Ghoul will make up for anything lacking in Gwar's performance, guaranteed ;)

Definitely not guaranteed.
Their last setlist included basically no old songs, and the new album isn't very good from everything that has been released. Plus having seen both bands on many occasions, GWAR put on a much better show than Ghoul do, and the current Ghoul fanbase fucking blow.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 08:14 PM
One thing I know for sure about the set is that they're opening with Zombies, March.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Definitely not guaranteed.
Their last setlist included basically no old songs, and the new album isn't very good from everything that has been released. Plus having seen both bands on many occasions, GWAR put on a much better show than Ghoul do, and the current Ghoul fanbase fucking blow.

I'm not saying Ghoul puts on the better show, I'm just saying they'll make it worth it. I haven't heard any of their studio material since Maniaxe, and when I saw them last they were fun as hell despite mostly playing newer songs. And I don't know exactly what you mean about their fanbase, but I don't see how it should have any bearing on anything. You go to a show to watch the stage, not the crowd.

illuminatus917
10-15-2011, 09:43 PM
And I don't know exactly what you mean about their fanbase, but I don't see how it should have any bearing on anything. You go to a show to watch the stage, not the crowd.

A crowd can ruin a show. Obviously you haven't been to a show with a shitty crowd, or you wouldn't be saying this.

BloodoftheKings
10-15-2011, 10:35 PM
A crowd can ruin a show. Obviously you haven't been to a show with a shitty crowd, or you wouldn't be saying this.

This. If your at a show where you wanna go apeshit and every one around you is calm and gives you bad looks for trying to start a pit you wont have a very good time.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 10:37 PM

I've been to many shows with all kinds of crowds. None of them have ever bothered me. Sure, there are individuals at shows who can be a pain in the ass but I can't recall a time when the majority of the crowd ruined the mood for me.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 10:42 PM
This. If your at a show where you wanna go apeshit and every one around you is calm and gives you bad looks for trying to start a pit you wont have a very good time.

I don't really have this problem because I don't get into the pit much anymore. I prefer to just sip my beer and bang my head, sing along and whatnot. I still get in the pit once in a while, but it's not a big thing to me anymore.

Back in high school though, some of my fondest memories of shows were from going to small venues and starting pits with just a couple random people I didn't know. Made a lot of friends that way.

illuminatus917
10-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah I wasn't really talking about kids not moshing at shows. I don't mosh at shows. I try to become emotionally intertwined with the music, and I'll be damned if I can do that thrashing around like a fucking maniac.

I was talking about rudeness. When a crowd is just blatantly rude to an artist I get really pissed off and can't enjoy the show.

Epidemic Reign
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
I was talking about rudeness. When a crowd is just blatantly rude to an artist I get really pissed off and can't enjoy the show.

That's understandable, but honetly I can't recall seeing a lot of that at the shows I've been to. I mean, it's not uncommon to see a crowd seem totally disinterested in an opening band or something like that, but I don't see a lot of blatant disrespect for the bands when I go to shows.

I think the worst I've seen was a few years ago when Dark Tranquillity was on support for a Killswitch Engage tour. I went to the show, mostly for DT, and 90% of the crowd seemed to not know/care who DT were. It was cool though, I still enjoyed their set and I'm sure the band was happy to be playing for a different crowd and touring for one of the biggest modern "metal" bands in America.

Nevermind the fact that KSE would never have existed without Dark Tranquillity ;)